Print Page | Close Window

Australian Open Tennis 2018

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=61574
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Australian Open Tennis 2018
Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Subject: Australian Open Tennis 2018
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 8:36pm
Might as well get this thread started for another year. Open is only a week and a half away and the first tournaments of the year are in Full swing.

Eye on Dimitrov making his seasonal debut in Brisbane tonight. He won the ATP Finals in London back in November and looks to have really taken the next step in the latter part of last year. Should account for Millman without too many problems tonight & the $9 for the Aus Open looks a decent shout.

Replies:
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 8:53pm
Don’t really follow or bet on the women’s game but Wozniaki worth a spec at $15 for the open. Maybe have a small wager on the Dimitrov/Wozniaki double at $135 for a bit of fun. Who knows what might happen.

Posted By: Rosscoe
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 8:58pm
Flying down on the 25th to take it in with a group of mates.

Also Balnarring races Oz Day then Caulfield races Saturday 27th ...... fly home Sunday probably with our tails between our legs!

Can’t wait .... 👍

Who do I back in the tennis? Please help ..... ?.....?

-------------
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

Also Balnarring races Oz Day then Caulfield races Saturday 27th ...... fly home Sunday probably with our tails between our legs!

Can’t wait .... 👍

DON"T back TOMIC Rosscoe   :     He's been given the flick and about time .
Looks like another top Oz Open coming up.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 10:25pm

Can’t wait .... 👍

Tune in each day and I’ll give my thoughts. I mainly bet to be able to trade but will come up with something for you.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 10:32pm
Good stuff E&E,I need every bit of a helping hand!

Macca, can’t stand Tomic, glad to hear he’s been overlooked with the wildcard!

What about the Fed Express again??

👍👍

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Don’t really follow or bet on the women’s game but Wozniaki worth a spec at $15 for the open. Maybe have a small wager on the Dimitrov/Wozniaki double at $135 for a bit of fun. Who knows what might happen.

Take this double for an interest Roscoe. I feel like you will get a good run for your money. Murray is out, Djoker & Nadal under big clouds on the men’s. Federer the main danger to Dimitrov. Wozniaki won the women’s WFA Finals in singapore sonhas oroven she can beat all the top players as well. I’ve had $25@135. Does it win? Who knows but I think it will give a site.

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 11:02pm

Take this double for an interest Roscoe. I feel like you will get a good run for your money. Murray is out, Djoker & Nadal under big clouds on the men’s. Federer the main danger to Dimitrov. Wozniaki won the women’s WFA Finals in singapore sonhas oroven she can beat all the top players as well. I’ve had $25@135. Does it win? Who knows but I think it will give a site.

Will take it,,, cheers!

I rarely take these sorts of sports bets, a little bit of a playmoney to roll into the double!

Go the Dimitrov/Wozniaki double! Bol to both of us 👍

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2018 at 11:15pm
Early days but Millman playing at a very high level. Giving Dimitrov a tough workout here.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:38pm
Williams withdraws from the Aus Open. Probably not a huge surprise. Wozniaki in to 12 now.

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 3:49pm
Venus Williams a chance E&E?

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Venus Williams a chance E&E?

Hard to say. I don’t follow the women’s too closely so I wouldnt want to say anything here with too much certainty. She made a couple of grand slam finals last year so would have to be some chance on her day. $26 currently.

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 4:27pm
I'm having a bet in the tennis tonight - first time in ages. Kerber into Zverev @ $2.18. (Hopman Cup).

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 6:00pm
At the moment it looks like a Federer benefit- he's the only one who is fit.

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I'm having a bet in the tennis tonight - first time in ages. Kerber into Zverev @ $2.18. (Hopman Cup).

Decent. Looking good so far.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:07pm
Super effort from Kyrgios to win the Brisbane title. Extremely impressive tennis (particularly his serve) but of course the challenge for him will be to back up that form when he gets to Melbourne.

Dimitrov lost no admirers losing in the semis. Just ran in to a red hot Kyrgios. Still a big shout in Melbourne IMO. Wozniaki went down in the final of Auckland. The tournament was disrupted and they ended up playing the qtrs & semis on Saturday followed by the final on Sunday. Not sure if that had any effect on her but in any event she looks in the right form for the big one starting next week.

Date Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 4:22pm
If the Australian Open was a best of 3 tournament run over one week I'd rate him a special.Wink

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:19am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I'm still recovering from this one. Kerber wins on her ear & Zverev into $1.08 after winning first set untroubled. Konnakas never looked a chance until midway through second set...then just outplayed him. So that will do me for tennis again - first bet in 3 years & last tennis bet for at least another 3. Good luck everyone else !

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:21am
& I just cant warm to any of the major aussie male players. Happy to see them lose. Great to see Tomic struggling his arse off.

-------------

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:24am
I think he attempts to qualify today after his wildcard application was rejected.

Just cause he refuses to try and says he hates the game shouldn't have influenced them, you wouldn't think Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 8:31am
Yes he goes around in the 1st round of qualifying today. Playing Vincent Millot and is approx 1.45 favourite. Should be on around 4pm Melbourne time.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 9:15pm

Yes he goes around in the 1st round of qualifying today. Playing Vincent Millot and is approx 1.45 favourite. Should be on around 4pm Melbourne time.

Tomic easily through to the qualification semis 6-1 6-3.

Posted By: saintly96
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 11:41pm
The women's draw is so open this year. Plliskova and Svitolina big chances with Muguruza under an injury cloud. Halep struggles when she is favourite, even Sharapova is a chance.

I hope Federer wins the men's, but never count out Nadal or Djokovic, they are all class, despite injuries. Generation next is taking a long time to reach the lever required, other than Dimitrov and Zverev, the others look to be struggling for consistency. Kyrgios has the talent, but I doubt him in a best of 5 sets tournament with his lack of coach and discipline. I had big hopes for Thiem, but he hasn't taken the next step, yet. Maybe Goffin will finally produce a great slam run. Raonic is off the boil, maybe another of the older guys can surprise in Del Potro or Wawrinka if the draw opens up.

So looking forward to this year, I am on holiday for the duration, so get to watch all the day matches as well as evening clashes.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 9:26am

Takes on Tommy Paul in the qualification semis this afternoon. Most likely a bit after 1pm Melbourne time. Tomic a 1.33 favourite.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 9:26pm

Takes on Tommy Paul in the qualification semis this afternoon. Most likely a bit after 1pm Melbourne time. Tomic a 1.33 favourite.

Got through in a 3rd set tiebreak. Had Paul on toast up a set and a break but somehow let him back in. Anyway on to the qualification final tomorrow for a spot in the main draw.

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:18am
Alex de Minaur is too far the other way to Kyrgios and Tomic it is cringe worthy.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 1:58pm

Got through in a 3rd set tiebreak. Had Paul on toast up a set and a break but somehow let him back in. Anyway on to the qualification final tomorrow for a spot in the main draw.

All over for Tomic. We will not be getting the pleasure of seeing him bundled out in the 1st round this year.

Beaten 6-1 6-7 6-4

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:27pm
“All I do is count my millions, you try doing what I do,” Tomic said after fading to Melbourne Park defeat against unheralded Italian Lorenzo Sonego.

Ranked 218th in the world, Sonego inflicted Tomic’s latest tennis ignominy with a 6-1 6-7 (5-7) 6-4 third-round victory.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/no-australian-open-for-bernard-tomic-beaten-by-italian-lorenzo-sonego/news-story/a668e6b1eea5e71d404b8bc21dd9af32" rel="nofollow - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/no-australian-open-for-bernard-tomic-beaten-by-italian-lorenzo-sonego/news-story/a668e6b1eea5e71d404b8bc21dd9af32

-------------

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 2:36pm
Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella LOL LOL LOL and to Lorenzo Clap Clap Clap Star Star Star

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:44pm
Kicking off tomorrow and should be a cracker. Can’t wait. Will be plenty of betting opportunities as usual and hopefully by the end of the fortnight there will be a handy profit.

Day 1 looking at Anderson 1st up on court 3. Won Abu Dhabi, runner up in Pune already this year. In good form for this. Suspect Edmund will be solid enough on serve so probably half bet straight out with another half bet trading the game. If it goes pear-shaped will trade out.

Also looking at Cilic, Ryan Harrison & Simon. A few other possibles but a lot depends on the times they get on/off court as to what will be bet.

A couple of possible upsets: Ebden over Isner. Actually that’s the only one for tomorrow.

Date Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:45pm
Both Dimitrov & Wozniaki go around tomorrow also. Keeping an eye on both for the double mentioned earlier in the thread.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:41pm

Both Dimitrov & Wozniaki go around tomorrow also. Keeping an eye on both for the double mentioned earlier in the thread.

Dimitrov up shortly.
Wozniaki tonight and have just seen that she is playing the losing finalist from Hobart last week. She’s a heavy favourite but could potentially be a close match. Let’s see.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 2:49pm
The Yankee women are struggling today. Sliane Stephens and Venus Williams are out. Coco down a set and a break.

Bencic, could be a knockout hope. Now takes William's no. 5 seed spot in tbe draw, could make a decent run from here. Had a great end to last season after returning from injury, and has had a decent summer so far.

Posted By: Tontonan
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:41pm
https://twitter.com/antsharwood" rel="nofollow">
https://twitter.com/antsharwood" rel="nofollow -

Young Bernard Tomic once boasted he would have the “heart of Hewitt, the groundstrokes of Federer, the mind of Sampras”. He achieved none of that. But he did manage to develop the personality of a complete sweetheart.

https://twitter.com/antsharwood/status/952485252911349760" rel="nofollow - 9:19 PM - Jan 14, 2018
  • https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=952485252911349760" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: Tontonan
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:42pm
sweetheart ?  LOL   I think he means deek head.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

sweetheart ?  LOL   I think he means deek head.

What a pity .       Such talent wasted .

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:52pm
And there it is......the obligatory Stosur choke.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

https://twitter.com/antsharwood" rel="nofollow">
https://twitter.com/antsharwood" rel="nofollow -

Young Bernard Tomic once boasted he would have the “heart of Hewitt, the groundstrokes of Federer, the mind of Sampras”. He achieved none of that. But he did manage to develop the personality of a complete sweetheart.

https://twitter.com/antsharwood/status/952485252911349760" rel="nofollow - 9:19 PM - Jan 14, 2018
  • https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=952485252911349760" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

The Yankee women are struggling today. Sliane Stephens and Venus Williams are out. Coco down a set and a break.

Bencic, could be a knockout hope. Now takes William's no. 5 seed spot in tbe draw, could make a decent run from here. Had a great end to last season after returning from injury, and has had a decent summer so far.

Men too. Isner gone (tipped above) and Sock about to join him in a cab to Melbourne airport.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm
Sloane Stephens hasn't won a match since the US Open.

Posted By: marble
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 8:24pm
hoping millman can build on his first round win - dont know the draw but with question marks on the top seeds i reckon  he can go on with it

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

hoping millman can build on his first round win - dont know the draw but with question marks on the top seeds i reckon  he can go on with it

Millman plays Dzumhur who got through in 5 sets after being down 2-0. Probably fairly even in betting at a guess. Maybe Millman a slight favourite. Unfortunately if he gets through that he will almost certainly play Nadal in the 3rd round.

Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 10:08pm
I'm no tennis judge but it appears Sam Stosur would be a good Lay ( pardon the pun )

Posted By: JoanFerguson
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I'm no tennis judge but it appears Sam Stosur would be a good Lay ( pardon the pun )

She’s got more balls than Tomix

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by JoanFerguson JoanFerguson wrote:

I'm sure you mean Tom Mix !

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:43am

Obvious , but any port in a storm at my place.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 12:54am

BTW Joan = Welcome to Joffs.     Your sense of Humour very welcome.

All you need now is sign up to the LNP , Support Trump and yr on the payroll.
( Don't dare ask what the rewards are ) BUT our booby prize is a :-

Free Service to Whale.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:39am
Profitable day yesterday. Didn’t even up on the Anderson match but was on Harrison instead. Lost here when forced to trade out when he was down 2-1, however won all and more back on Cilic and a couple of others later in the day.

Dimitrov extremely impressive. Dismantled his opponent and was basically breaking him for fun. Nothing has changed my opinion that he is a major contender here. Wozniaki through in straight sets also. She was broken a few times. Probably the norm in the women’s game but would obviously prefer her to be solid on serve. She’s still in it up to her ears though.

On to day 2:

Don’t mind Bautista-Agut first up this morning. Mainly as a trading proposition. Won Auckland last week beating Del Potro in the final.

Kokkinakis also. He plays the winner of the Sydney tournament. However I feel like Kokkinakis will bring more power than he faced in Sydney which will make it tougher for him.

Possible upsets: Raonic probably the first that comes to mind. On the comeback after an injury plagued 2017. Was beaten by de Minaur in Brisbane in his 1st match of the year. That looks better form 2 weeks later but at around 1.15 I’d be happy to risk him.

Speaking of de Minaur he takes on Berdych. Hard one to pick with both players being on complete opposite stages of their careers. Berdych is on a downward slide but he brings a lot of power and if on song should win. Big if though. Tough match and happy to watch.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 9:50am
I know Wawrinka is on the comeback from injury, but the price available was too good to ignore. Have put him in various multi's. He would usually be about 1.04 to defeat Berankis, not the 1.60 offered.

Date Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 11:35am
It will be interesting to see how Kyrgio's very recent nice-guy demeanour holds up under pressure.

Can you turn the damn American spellchecker off at account level or at site level? I am sick of getting words redlined.

Faaark- it just redlined redlined!LOL

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:45am
Djokovic and Nadal both looked sharp against no-names despite their light preparations for the tournament.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 9:39am
Lost on day 2 thanks to Bautista-Agut copping hiding. Did lay off after he lost the 1st set though so damage limits. Same story with Steve Johnson after he went down 2 sets to 1. Did have Raonic getting beaten though so some consolation.

Day 3 looks another cracker with several of the big names up again. Don’t particularly like anything that isn’t very short. However will possibly trade the Shapovalov/Tsonga game.

For an upset perhaps Ruud to beat Schwartzman.

Dimitrov and Wozniaki going around again so will be looking for good performances from them both.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:06am
Stan got a bit shaky in the third set, but finished it off well, had in a few multi's which made for a decent win.

Seppi defeated Kyrgios last year, and I think he should make it to the third round, odds of 1.65 is nice, if you once again put him in a few of your multi's.

Tsongs is taking on a young gun in Shapovalov, but the 1.60 was too good to ignore. Tough match, but the Frenchman should get through.

Good luck if you are having a punt.

Posted By: Sworn Revenge
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:30am
Tried watching Ash Barty last night but had to turn off due to the unbearable screeching from her opponent. Thankfully read this morning that AB despatched her. Now if someone can hurry up and beat that other squawking heinous cheating harpy Sharapova the world will be a better place

-------------
It's only called gambling when you lose

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Sworn Revenge Sworn Revenge wrote:

Tried watching Ash Barty last night but had to turn off due to the unbearable screeching from her opponent. Thankfully read this morning that AB despatched her. Now if someone can hurry up and beat that other squawking heinous cheating harpy Sharapova the world will be a better place

Same here, was awful last night, she has to be stopped, she is going to be a top 20 player in the future, so another decade or so of that just isn't appealing.

One thing I haven't missed in the last 18 months, is Sharapova screaming with every shot.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 2:49pm
Tsonga is in deep trouble. The young Canadian is outplaying him big time.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:26pm

Shapovalov is very very good. I know, I watched him dismantle Tsonga and my money in straight sets at the US Open in August!

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:29pm
Wow! Wow! Wow!

Just as I was preparing to come on and write Woziaki’s obituary she has a comeback for the ages!

Opponent serving in the 3rd at 5-1 40-15. Somehow she saves 2 match points and goes in to win the next 6 games straight to win the set and match 7-5. Don’t know if there was an injury involved or anything else but wow!Unbelievable!

My Dimitrov/Wozniaki double lives at least a little bit longer. You would have to suspect she will need to improve significantly to win the title though.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 4:31pm

Shapovalov is very very good. I know, I watched him dismantle Tsonga and my money in straight sets at the US Open in August!

Back on serve in the 5th now though. Anyone’s match.

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 7:05pm
Starting to think Djokovic will win again this year.Tongue

Women's- I have no idea who will win.Confused

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 11:47pm

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Just as I was preparing to come on and write Woziaki’s obituary she has a comeback for the ages!

Opponent serving in the 3rd at 5-1 40-15. Somehow she saves 2 match points and goes in to win the next 6 games straight to win the set and match 7-5. Don’t know if there was an injury involved or anything else but wow!Unbelievable!

My Dimitrov/Wozniaki double lives at least a little bit longer. You would have to suspect she will need to improve significantly to win the title though.

A big scare for Dimitrov as well tonight. Eventually through 8-6 in the 5th after being bageled in the 4th

Like Wozniaki he will need to improve a lot on that effort.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 2:07pm

I saw that too, although I didn't have money on it.

He is a very good player, so much more to come for this young man.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:19pm

I saw that too, although I didn't have money on it.

He is a very good player, so much more to come for this young man.

For sure. A definitely player of the future. Maybe lacked a little mentally yesterday as he really had it in the bag. That will come with time too obviously.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:46pm
Could have a good one on our hands with Djoker/Monfils here. Monfils up a break late in the 1st but there has been 5 service breaks so far.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 3:54pm

Heart in the mouth stuff E&E however somehow we are still alive!

I wouldn’t want to go through the last results again, let’s continue on ..... 👍

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 4:07pm

Heart in the mouth stuff E&E however somehow we are still alive!

I wouldn’t want to go through the last results again, let’s continue on ..... 👍

Yes Rosscoe we are still in it until tomorrow at least. A couple of favoured players have been beaten today so that obviously helps our cause. Djokovic just lost the 1st set against Monfils and would love to see him lose the match as well but we’ll see. Kerber playing now on the women’s side. If she gets through she plays Sharapova so at least one of them will be out by Saturday.

Dimitrov will need to regroup. If he can get through tomorrow night he will player either Kyrgios or Tsonga in the 4th round. The winner of that match up has a saloon passage through to the semis as the other side of that quarter has no seeds left.

Fingers crossed.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2018 at 9:19pm
Wawrinka a shadow of his former self here. Sad. Hope he can get back to a decent level in time.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 9:53am
Heading into the second week, off the back of some extremely draining hot days, should we be looking at people who played more night matches in the first week?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Heading into the second week, off the back of some extremely draining hot days, should we be looking at people who played more night matches in the first week?

Yes. Federer with an advantage playing only at night so far.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 10:39am
Kyrgios playing doubles in the heat yesterday was possibly a wrong move. Time will tell. His match with Tsonga should be a great clash. Tsonga coming off a tough 5 set match in the heat.

I give Kyrgios the advantage, but Tsonga just has to hang in there to possibly take advantage of Krygios' fragile mental state.

Quite possibly some real fireworks from Nick tonight.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:08pm
Will be trading the Karlovic match this afternoon. He has been very good in serve so looks idea for trading. The fact that he is the outsider also appeals. Likely to have quite good price changes between service games.

Muller also appeals for the same reasons so may trade that too.

All eyes (well mine and Rosscoe’s anyway) will be on Dimitrov 3rd up on RLA this afternoon as well as Wozniaki tonight. Although admittedly if Dimitrov doesn’t put in an improved showing I may not be interested in Wozniaki for much longer.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 12:09pm

Kyrgios playing doubles in the heat yesterday was possibly a wrong move. Time will tell. His match with Tsonga should be a great clash. Tsonga coming off a tough 5 set match in the heat.

I give Kyrgios the advantage, but Tsonga just has to hang in there to possibly take advantage of Krygios' fragile mental state.

Quite possibly some real fireworks from Nick tonight.

Had not paid attention to the doubles so didn’t know he had played. Good to know thanks. I would like to see Tsonga win from the point of view that I think Dimitrov would have a better chance against him than Kyrgios in the next round.

Posted By: SHOVHOG
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 2:42pm
Really like the overs in the Karlovic-Seppi match. Over 42.5 should get covered in 4 with at least 1 tiebreak a certainty.

Still think Del Potro has a massive chance of winning overall.

-------------
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

Really like the overs in the Karlovic-Seppi match. Over 42.5 should get covered in 4 with at least 1 tiebreak a certainty.

Over 42.5 games only gets covered in 4 if there are 3 tiebreaks and a 6-4 or if you get a 7-5 in there somewhere. Also, remember if the player serving 1st in a set breaks early you are looking at a 6-3 set.

You will need it to go to 5 in all likelihood.

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2018 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

Over 42.5 games only gets covered in 4 if there are 3 tiebreaks and a 6-4 or if you get a 7-5 in there somewhere. Also, remember if the player serving 1st in a set breaks early you are looking at a 6-3 set.

You will need it to go to 5 in all likelihood.

Sorry an obvious miscalculation here. You’d think I’d know they don’t go to a tiebreak at 5-5

Still think you will likely need to go to 5 sets though.

Posted By: SHOVHOG
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 8:55am
Betting on matches involving Isner & Karlovic is the gift that keeps on giving. Karlovic could never have won that match because he just can't break anyone.

-------------
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 10:46am
Kyrgios is a special to beat Dimitrov- he will feast on the Bulgarian's sh1thouse second serve.

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:39am
I can see Kyrgios making it as far as the quarters

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 12:16pm
The winner of Dimitrov/Kyrgios will almost certainly make it at least to the semis. There are no other seeds left in their quarter of the draw.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 3:07pm
Ok Rosscoe we’re half way home after that Wozniaki demolition job. 7 wins down another 7 to go. Unfortunately I think it ends tonight when Dimitrov takes on Kyrgios. Kyrgios has been the best player in the tournament so far with the type of form that could win the whole thing. Dimitrov quite the opposite and will need to step things up immensely to get through here. Stranger things have happened though so we can home.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:39pm

Ok Rosscoe we’re half way home after that Wozniaki demolition job. 7 wins down another 7 to go. Unfortunately I think it ends tonight when Dimitrov takes on Kyrgios. Kyrgios has been the best player in the tournament so far with the type of form that could win the whole thing. Dimitrov quite the opposite and will need to step things up immensely to get through here. Stranger things have happened though so we can home.

Going beautifully E&E, we are getting close to the business end!

Dimitrov outclassing Kyrgios at present. Just about to serve for the second set.

Have faith, I’m riding this with you.

Just back from the Deepwater Picnic Races where mobile re epitome was pretty ordinary!

Go Dimitrov, bring it home ... 🏸

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:40pm
Mobile reception (above)

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 9:46pm
That failure to serve it out could be crucial. Massive difference between 1-1 & 2-0 if Kyrgios goes on to win the set.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 10:00pm

Dimitrov outclassing Kyrgios at present. Just about to serve for the second set.

Just back from the Deepwater Picnic Races where mobile re epitome was pretty ordinary!

Just performing better in the clutch moments Dimitrov. Glad he managed to get the 2nd anyway in the tiebreak. Massive difference to be up 2-0 now.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:35pm

Just performing better in the clutch moments Dimitrov. Glad he managed to get the 2nd anyway in the tiebreak. Massive difference to be up 2-0 now.

Still in it Rosscoe!

We needed Dimitrov to step right up and he certainly did. Cracking match and all the better to be on the right side of the result!

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:37pm
Plays the winner of Seppi and Edmund next.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:38pm
Good luck guys, you are certainly getting a great run for money.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:39pm
Kyle Edmund next up.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:42pm

Both Dimitrov & Wozniaki appears to be getting better as the tournament goes on which is obviously a positive. Still big hurdles to get over though - Svitolina & Kerber + Nadal & Federer. In for another 2 days at least though.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:45pm

Both Dimitrov & Wozniaki appears to be getting better as the tournament goes on which is obviously a positive. Still big hurdles to get over though - Svitolina & Kerber + Nadal & Federer. In for another 2 days at least though.

And of course a few of the other left in the tournament are playing great too.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:46pm

For sure mate, but you are still alive and kicking well into the second week. Well done, and fingers crossed.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2018 at 11:48pm
Wow, what a game!

You’ve certainly given me a run for my money E&E, tremendous to get both players this far without being knocked out, indeed we’ve had a few very close moments!

The second week now will be a lot tougher however we’re in there with a live chance. I am actually flying down there Thursday - Sunday to take in the tennis, races etc with a group of mates. I noticed the heat is also going to be turned on later in the week in Melbourne!

Bring it on .... 👍

Cheers Saintly, fingers & toes crossed

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:26am
oops

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:27pm
Couple of upsets this evening. Thiem gone beaten by Sandgren. Don’t actually consider that a massive upset though even though Thiem was 1.08. He’s not a hard court player and it wasn’t a hard decision to take Sandgren in the William Hill chase the ace promo.

Djoker on life supper against Chung too. Again probably not a massive upset TBH but I didn’t back him.

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:28pm
Have not seen much of the tennis , how good is Chung playing ?
Amazing retrieval , gets to apparent winners, is off balance ,but manages to get them back in play.
Out Djokoving Djokovic

-------------
Victor Orban 1.74 m, Michael Bloomberg 1.73 m, Emmanual Macron 1.77 m, George Soros 1.8 m

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Have not seen much of the tennis , how good is Chung playing ?
Amazing retrieval , gets to apparent winners, is off balance ,but manages to get them back in play.
Out Djokoving Djokovic

He’s another great young player. If he could close out sets on serve here he’d have just about wrapped it up already.

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 9:56pm
Djokovic obviously hampered by elbow injury, great advantage to know where your opponents serve is going

-------------
Victor Orban 1.74 m, Michael Bloomberg 1.73 m, Emmanual Macron 1.77 m, George Soros 1.8 m

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:59am
Djokovic needs more rehab on the elbow. No point playing the way he is now.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:04pm
On to the Qtr Finals now so all starting to heat up. Today Dimitrov first up with the men against Edmund. Working into form nicely now and would expect him to win here. Doubt Edmund will be a pushover though. Nadal v Cilic tonight should be a cracker. I give Cilic a big chance here and have backed him on William Hill Chase the ace promo. If he serves big he can take this game away from Nadal for sure.

Dimitrov in 4
Cilic in 4 or 5.

On the women’s we have Svitolina and Wozniaki short priced favourites in each match. Don’t know much about the other players so won’t give any tip other than to say I would love to see Svitolina beaten and Wozniaki to dominate.

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 1:18pm
Been some top tennis.

Chung is 21 ( I think )   what a future.

Federer makes it look SO easy ...

My biggest shock was the money they get .   almost half a million to the quarter finals ...       That's big dollars aye.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net