URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=61392
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:17pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pierata
Posted By: 3blindmice
Subject: Pierata
Date Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 9:07pm
Smart, brave, or reckless?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owners knock back $1m for colt and instead chase Queensland riches

Owners knock back $1m for colt and instead chase Queensland richesPierata winning at Randwick earlier this year
Article Author

Ben Dorries

0  https://www.racenet.com.au/news/owners-knock-back-$1m-for-colt-and-instead-chase-queensland-riches-20171129#rn_disqus_thread" rel="nofollow - Comments

Pierata’s owners knocked back a $1m offer and Warwick Farm trainer Greg Hickman thinks the colt can potentially win more than that over the Queensland summer carnival.

There have been several offers for the Pierro colt, the most recent coming after his hugely impressive trial win at Randwick earlier this month.

Pierata was seen during the Queensland winter carnival, running third behind  https://www.racenet.com.au/horse/melody-belle" rel="nofollow - Melody Belle  in the Group II Sires Produce and seventh when beaten only two lengths in the Group I JJ Atkins.

Hickman, who owns a share in Pierata, insists the colt has now gone to a new level and Queensland summer riches are a big incentive.

Pierata will resume in Saturday’s Winning Rupert Plate (1200m) at Doomben, in the first part of a plan which Hickman hopes will net a $500,000 summer crown bonus for winning any three of five designated 3YO races.

Melbourne Cup-winning jockey  https://www.racenet.com.au/jockey/corey-brown" rel="nofollow - Corey Brown  will ride Pierata on Saturday and Hickman is confident about reaping riches during the summer 3YO series which includes races like the Gold Edition Plate, the Vo Rogue Plate and the $2m 3YO Magic Millions Guineas.

“We have already knocked back a million dollars for him but he could be running for more than that in Queensland this summer,” Hickman said.

“He is a horse who has improved lengths on his first preparation.

“He was a little immature earlier so I just took him along quietly but now he will keep improving and improving.

“I couldn’t train him too hard early on because I had to look after him but now I can train him how I want because he can handle the work.

“He is ready to do it this preparation and we are certainly going to come away with something up here (in Queensland).”

Hickman said Pierata has arrived in Queensland last weekend and showed he was on track with a good piece of work on the Gold Coast on Tuesday.

The trainer thinks 1200m suits the colt well but believes he will run over longer distances as he matures, flagging that he could even be back in the Sunshine State for the Group I Queensland Derby (2400m) next winter.

Pierata has drawn barrier one at Doomben on Saturday and Hickman says his only question mark has been if leaving the blinkers on would be the right move.

“If I have a negative about anything, it is leaving the blinkers on, I have been second guessing myself a little bit about that,” Hickman said.

Heavy rain in Queensland on Wednesday has not fazed Hickman about Pierata’s chances as he feels the Doomben track will dry significantly before Saturday.

Replies:
Posted By: Sunline
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 5:11pm
Should just win the next.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 5:23pm
Gee that hurt. Slow out then flat footed when it mattered and just couldn't make up enough ground on a leaderish track.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 5:27pm
Should get out to backable odds, ie about $7.50, for 1400m Magic Millions 3yo Guineas in a month's time Sunny.

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 7:32pm
I do not care what happened today. this horse is a group 1 winner in waiting.

This is how good he is. His best distance at the moment is 1400m (part of the danger today), but I would have backed him last week in the International Sprint at Hong Kong. If he went up there, he would be the next superstar of the colony! (yes I know it is not a colony but you know what I mean).

Not sure he will win more than a million dollars in his career, but I can guarantee you that the owners will make a profit, if he stays injury free.

Greg Hickman knows how to prepare a group 1 quality galloper and they will have a lot of fun with this boy! 

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 9:33pm
Long way to go if he's to reach those heights imo and would need a weak G1. Winner was beaten in a BM70 last start albeit off a spell, and quite a few were resuming today - none of which really inspire as Group class. Super Ex will be ready come MM day

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 1:31am
The guineas has not been a really good form guide for group 1's over the years, but I think this years edition has got good quality. Pierata, Shogun Sun, Cellargirl and Goodfella have already shown that they can at least be competitive in better grade and they will all be better at 1400m.

I think that the Guineas could be the best race of the day this magic millions if everyone shows up!

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 8:43pm
Insult to injury for his backers.
Racenet:

There was high drama and controversy after the Gold Edition Plate at Doomben with several jockeys claiming they were denied a fair start and the official starter was then hauled before stewards.

Melbourne Cup jockey  https://www.racenet.com.au/jockey/corey-brown" rel="nofollow - Corey Brown  was particularly furious, claiming a bungle from the starter cost Pierata winning in the Listed 1200m sprint which is a leg of the rich Queensland summer crown series.

Pierata, the Greg Hickman-trained colt who was the $2.30 favourite, missed the start and failed by a short neck to reel in leader and winner Whypeeo ($6).

Brown and several other jockeys claimed there had been a stuff-up at the barriers when the starter yelled all horses were locked away, thereby indicating he was about to press the button and release the field.

Brown and Jim Byrne (who rode Bring It Home Pop) and several other jockeys complained to stewards the starter then unexpectedly delayed the start by seconds, causing several horses including Pierata to lunge at the barriers.

“All the jockeys said the same about what happened,” Brown told Racenet.

“When the starter says locked away, unless something goes off, you expect you will be jumping half a second later.

“Everyone anticipated the start but then the starter held them for about three seconds, it was just stupid.”

Chief steward Allan Reardon heard complaints from several jockeys before declaring correct weight.

Stewards then interviewed starter Peter Cousins who admitted he held onto the horses for longer than expected, but said he did it because he thought a horse drawn near the inside was playing up.

Reardon later said he would talk to the Brisbane Racing Club about having one starter for races in Brisbane, for consistency purposes, rather than the current rotating roster of four starters.

"Something does have to be done about this," Reardon said. 

[ presumably this isn't a rare occurrence then? ]

Amidst the drama, trainer Toby Edmonds was delighted with the win of Whypeeo who bounced back from a below-par performance when he missed the start at Canterbury earlier this month.

“Last time out at Canterbury was the only real blot on his copybook,” Edmonds said.

“He has raced against really good horses and has raced in good company so its good for him to bounce back. 

“Pierata is a very good horse so it was great to beat him.”

Jockey Larry Cassidy copped a nine-day suspension from the Doomben meeting, for causing interference on Rare Occurrence in the Class Six Plate (1200m).

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 9:25pm
Yeah - another way to lose my money. Thought I had seen them all. Obviously not.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 11:45pm
It is a situation where Brown would of been hauled into the stewards room and asked what was going on, but I am being told he was telling the steward what had happened on the scale when Byrne who rode Bring It Home Pop, rocked up asking what the hell was going on.

This is the sought of thing that gives punters and the casual observer a bad perception of racing. I can tell you, as certain as I am breathing oxygen right this minute, that Greg Hickman is as straight a shooter, as I have met in racing, he loves racing good horses (he would of been the drum banger on not selling make no mistake), and when his owners have a chance at winning a half a million dollar bonus, there is no way the $2.30 favourite was running dead, no chance in eternity.

But people who do not know Hickman would not believe that!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 11:29am
No doubt he was in to win Voyager, that $500K bonus is a large carrot for any horse which wins either of the first two races. He still has a chance but they're all getting fitter so the task gets harder to win the next two on the trot.

(d) Vo Rogue Plate at BRC on Saturday 30 December 2017; and (e) Magic Millions 3YO Guineas at GCTC on Saturday 13 January 2018.  

Everyone will be on to it price-wise, inc bookies, but Crack Me Up is also in line for a $100K bonus post Villiers should he add the Bernborough to his CV. Early doors but personally I think Too Good To Refuse will be very hard to beat in that, esp if she books a smarter jockey for the ride.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Should get out to backable odds, ie about $7.50, for 1400m Magic Millions 3yo Guineas in a month's time Sunny.

Well I had a little bit on at $6.50 which is rather better than the $3 or so now on offer, however overs mean nothing if the horse doesn't win.

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 5:28pm

Well I had a little bit on at $6.50 which is rather better than the $3 or so now on offer, however overs mean nothing if the horse doesn't win.

Well, if you are able to lay them for an assured profit, it does mean something. $$$$ !

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 5:34pm
Feast or a famine for this lad Max.  Wink

ps only had a modest wager, and only because it was my selection out of the Magic Millions Yearling Sale for the TBV 2016 Yearling Competition.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2017 at 7:05pm
Lovely win today. We got a decent price too.

Rubbing our hands with the price in MM 3yo, but nothing is for certain on that track on that day.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 12:02pm
Not sure what other southerners might come up to challenge but early MM shoppers are sitting pretty. Surprising drift late yesterday which I was happy to take advantage of and apart from a 100m section around the turn where he seemed to labor he was always travelling like the winner. GC is 'one of those tracks' but 1400m and longer straight will only help imo. GL if you're on - and vbol to connections in extracting that half mil bonus.

Date Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 12:52pm
After the late drift and what looked to be him struggling a touch on the turn, I thought we were in all sorts of trouble. But then he found a gap and, when he saw daylight, he just went bang.

He did look to be in strife at one point though. It was roughly when Capital Gain went around him. Didn't look to be travelling at all. You'd have to think he only gets better with another 50m, although I doubt Doomben and Gold Coast are to his liking.

I'm a fan of Sasso Corbaro, but the fact she is $8 second fave says this bloke is over the line. For mine they have the market wrong. As of last night Goodfella was $15 with Sportsbet, with Whypeeo and Shogun Sun among others ahead of him. That was very, very wrong, so I had another dig at Goodfella and they firmed to $11, with $13 the best around at that point last night. He is clear second pick off the back of his record last prep and his run in the key lead up behind the fave yesterday.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 5:14pm
Surely gets the run of the racefrom Box 1 and barring bad luck gives them a good towelling.

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 5:40pm
I'm all over him but can't say barrier 1 excites me. He will be buried away. Last start he got a dream run. If he gets the same luck he just wins. But he can't win without luck and that's a real risk.

I couldn't touch current odds, but am happy to be on at better odds nonetheless. Best horse in the race and we pray for some luck.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 5:44pm
He's twice settled 3rd/4th in the run from an inside barrier Sunny, so as long as he jumps....

Date Posted: 10 Jan 2018 at 5:46pm
Fingers crossed mate. Would be over the moon if he's 3rd/4th.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:25pm
PIERATA (AUS)Bay colt 2014 
Pierro
Bay 2009
Lonhro
Brown 1998
Octagonal
Brown 1992
Zabeel
Bay 1986
Sir Tristram
Lady Giselle
6-e
16-c
Eight Carat
Brown 1975
Pieces of Eight
Klairessa
3-o
9-c
Shadea
Bay 1988
Straight Strike
Bay or brown 1977
Mr Prospector
Bend Not
13-c
11>
Concia
Bay 1978
First Consul
My Tricia
5-f
8>
Miss Right Note
Grey 2003
Daylami
Grey 1994
Doyoun
Bay 1985
Mill Reef
Dumka
22-d
21-a
Daltawa
Grey 1989
Miswaki
Damana
16-g
9-e
Sky Song
Bay 1997
Sadler's Wells
Bay 1981
Northern Dancer
Fairy Bridge
2-d
5-h
Criquette
Bay 1990
Shirley Heights
Ghislaine
1-l
1-t
November Flight
Bay 2001
Flying Spur
Bay 1992
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Rolls
Chestnut 1984
Mr Prospector
Bay 1970
Raise a Native
Gold Digger
8-f
13-c
Grand Luxe
Chestnut 1974
Sir Ivor
Fanfreluche
8-g
4-g
November Song
Bay 1995
Zabeel
Bay 1986
Sir Tristram
Bay 1971
Sir Ivor
Isolt
8-g
6-e
Lady Giselle
Bay 1982
Nureyev
Valderna
5-h
16-c
Chorus Star
Brown 1982
Kaoru Star
Chestnut 1965
Star Kingdom
Kaoru
1-g
31>
Century Miss
Brown 1976
Century
Gay Chorus
20>
29>
 Ancestor duplications:Zabeel4m x 3f Mr Prospector5m x 4f Northern Dancer5m x 5m 
  Sir Ivorx 5f,5m

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:27pm
You would have to think all the 1400-1600m group 1 races are well within his scope.

Pierro is proving a super duper sire.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:44pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:53pm
Gutsy and so honest and great for our breeding industry.

Posted By: furious
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:54pm
Yes it is nice to see the second tier horses come out and make good but we really needed one of the big boys to show he had what it takes.  Nice day when Pierro and So You Think get winners.  Snitzel keeps running second.

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 12:07pm
Greg Hickman has booked Corey Brown to ride Pierata in the Epsom after James McDonald took the ride on favourite D’argento.

Pierata was trapped three wide without cover on Saturday when a gutsy runner-up to Siege Of Quebec in the Bill Ritchie Handicap.

“We just wanted to get someone locked in and Corey knows my bloke very well after winning the Magic Millions Guineas and riding him in the autumn,” Hickman said.

“He has bounced off that run on Saturday and he will be spot on for the Randwick mile in a couple of weeks.”

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 2:56pm
Oh the irony. Hickman sacked Brown for James McDonald, who then gave Pierata a poor ride on Saturday and got off him to ride the fave in the big one. Now Hickman goes back to Brown.

I would love to know what Brown said when he took the call before saying ok.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: correctweight
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 5:25pm
Hopefully Brown can get this horse a G1. Should've never been taken off in the first place.

Posted By: Sister Dot
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Oh the irony. Hickman sacked Brown for James McDonald, who then gave Pierata a poor ride on Saturday and got off him to ride the fave in the big one. Now Hickman goes back to Brown.

I would love to know what Brown said when he took the call before saying ok.
Wasn’t there a suspension involved? Thought I read Corey was out

-------------
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 10:00am
If there was, it was by coincidence only. He was called after first up run and advised he had been replaced by McDonald.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: antlowes
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:21pm
Have it on good authority that McDonald asked for the Epsom ride on Pierata after the race on the weekend. Can only assume he didn’t expect to get the D’Argento offer at the time.

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 9:57pm
Breaking: https://twitter.com/AquisFarm" rel="nofollow - @AquisFarm along with Greg Hickman and the Ownership Group of PIERATA have announced the Group 1 winner runs in 2019 EVEREST under the AQUIS SLOT. The PIERATA ownership group have decided to race on with a decision pending to Stand Pierata at AQUIS in the 2020 Season.

Noice!

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:10pm
Hopefully the 3 year old sprinters come through and show how poor the older mob are.

But it is good to see he is going again.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:32pm
Personally, and I understand if people disagree, but I think his spring form last season was better than his autumn form.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2019 at 10:39pm
1st of 10 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTkwMTMxOTM2Mw%3d%3d#Race7" rel="nofollow - RAND 04Aug18  1200m Good3 MISSILE Group 2 $202,000 ($115,800)  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=Mjg2MTA3NDcx" rel="nofollow - James McDonald  58.5kg Barrier 8 Rtg 105 
2nd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTg0OTA0MDkxOQ%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDEzNjI2MTk1OA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Kementari  58.5kg, 3rd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzQ5MTU2Mjg3&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDEzNjI2MTk1OA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - The Monstar  58.5kg 1:08.41 (600m 33.68), 0.2L, 4th@800m, 4th@400m, $4.40/$4.80/$4.60/$4.40
T 1st of 7 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTkwMTQ3MzYwNQ%3d%3d#Race7" rel="nofollow - RHIL 20Aug18  895m Good4 OPEN-BT $000  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=Mjg2MTA3NDcx" rel="nofollow - James McDonald  0kg Barrier 0 
2nd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTg0ODQ0ODY3NA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE0NDg4ODA3MQ%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Formality  0kg, 3rd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTg1MzQ2ODkxOQ%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE0NDg4ODA3MQ%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Cartel  0kg 0:54.75 (600m 34.20), 2.3L
2nd of 8 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTkwMTQwOTAzMA%3d%3d#Race5" rel="nofollow - RAND 15Sep18  1400m Good4 RITCHIE Group 3 $161,600 ($29,400)  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=Mjg2MTA3NDcx" rel="nofollow - James McDonald  57.5kg Barrier 8 Rtg 107 
1st  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTg1MDI3NDQ4Ng%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE1NTgwOTM2NA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Siege of Quebec  53.5kg, 3rd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzY2OTM2NTUy&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE1NTgwOTM2NA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Music Magnate (NZ)  58kg 1:21.56 (600m 35.36), 0.1L, 4th@800m, 4th@400m, $2.80/$2.70/$3.10/$2.90
9th of 20 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTkwMTQwOTc2OA%3d%3d#Race7" rel="nofollow - RAND 29Sep18  1600m Good3 EPSOM Group 1 $1,007,000 ($10,000)  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=ODM0NzUxOA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Corey Brown  54kg Barrier 4 Rtg 109 
1st  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzcyNzY3NDkw&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE1Mjg1NjYyNg%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Hartnell (GB)  57kg, 2nd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTg1MjM2ODE5Mg%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE1Mjg1NjYyNg%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - D'argento  53.5kg 1:32.73R (600m 34.86), 3.2L, 10th@800m, 10th@400m, $5/$6/$6.50/$6
1st of 11 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTkwMTQxMDUwNg%3d%3d#Race6" rel="nofollow - RAND 13Oct18  1200m Heavy9 SYDNEY STKS Group 3 $501,500 ($288,500)  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjY3NzcyMjMw" rel="nofollow - Tommy Berry  58.5kg Barrier 7 Rtg 108 
2nd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzUzMjQyMjI0&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE2OTE0OTgyMQ%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Jungle Edge  58.5kg, 3rd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzU3MDE4OTM5&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE2OTE0OTgyMQ%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Clearly Innocent  58.5kg 1:10.82 (600m 35.25), 2.8L, 4th@800m, 3rd@400m, $4/$4.20/$4.40
T 3rd of 10 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTkwMTg5MDU3NQ%3d%3d#Race1" rel="nofollow - RAND 30Oct18  850m Good4 OPEN-BT $000  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjY3NzcyMjMw" rel="nofollow - Tommy Berry  0kg Barrier 0 
1st  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzYxOTcwNTUw&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE3ODcwMzk2OQ%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Redzel  0kg, 2nd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTg1Njc4NzcwNQ%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE3ODcwMzk2OQ%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Chess Star  0kg 0:50.16 (600m 33.30), 3.3L
3rd of 14 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTkwMDAyODYwMQ%3d%3d#Race7" rel="nofollow - FLEM 10Nov18  1200m Good3 VRC CLASSIC Group 1 $1,002,500 ($67,500)  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjY3NzcyMjMw" rel="nofollow - Tommy Berry  58.5kg Barrier 3 Rtg 110 
1st  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzYyNDcwMTc2&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE4MzMxMjQxMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Santa Ana Lane  58.5kg, 2nd  http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzY2NDM4MDMz&src=horseform&raceEntry=NDE4MzMxMjQxMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - In Her Time  56.5kg 1:08.66 (600m 33.85), 1.8L, 8th@800m, 7th@400m, $7.50/$7/$6.50/$7

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Batman
Date Posted: 04 May 2019 at 9:13am
Will there be a new rider? Michael Walker is the retained Aquis rider

-------------
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:35pm

Leading Everest contender Pierata has pleased trainer Greg Hickman with his comfortable second in a Warwick Farm barrier trial, his first appearance since he won the Group One All Aged Stakes.

Friday's 1000m-heat on the course proper was won by Cradle Mountain who took up his customary front-running-role.

Pierata was held together by Tommy Berry to finish 2-3/4 lengths from the leader and Hickman said he would have one more trial before he heads to the races, most likely in the Concorde Stakes on September 7.

The Group Three Concorde is shaping as a preview to the $14 million Everest on October 19 with Redzel, Sunlight, Santa Ana Lane, In Her time and Osborne Bulls all headed there.

"He did it under his own steam and did what we wanted him to do,'' Hickman said.

"We will probably put the blinkers on him next trial and he will do a bit more.

"The plan then is to run in the Concorde and The Shorts and then decided if he needs another race before the Everest."

Following his All Aged win, Pierata was bought by Aquis Farm for stud duties but his breeding career has been put on hold and he will run for Aquis in the $14 million Everest on October 19.

Pierata is on the third line of Everest betting at $8 behind Santa Ana Lane at $5 and Osborne Bulls at $7.

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:57pm
He really should be at stud earning his connections money.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:59pm
I can tell he is trainer he does not another run before the Everest.

3 lead up runs

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 5:49pm
So gallant today.  A shame he could't quite go out on a winning note, though $5.8m in prizemoney ain't chaff.

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 5:58pm
Tofane will have to make it up to him by taking him out on a date

Posted By: Go Flash Go
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 1:51pm
Noticed this horse yesterday ... "Pierata" ... that is LOL .. tho didn't see the actual race

... might leave it at that  Shocked Wink

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 2:16pm
His 4yo spring was up & down like the stripper’s knickers.

Perhaps that was, in part, due to the Winx factor?

Posted By: Pardon_My_Dust
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 8:59pm

So gallant today.  A shame he could't quite go out on a winning note, though $5.8m in prizemoney ain't chaff.

Agree I didn't have a bet in the race but cheered him home, would've been a great way to go out but he gave it everything nonetheless.

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 9:35pm
How did he win all that money? He's only won one G1 hasn't he and it's not a big money G1.

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 9:45pm

https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=all&h=pierata&order=year" rel="nofollow - Year https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=all&h=pierata&order=name&asc=ASC" rel="nofollow - Race Grade https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=all&h=pierata&order=winner&asc=ASC" rel="nofollow - Winner TrainerWinner Fam.Dist. https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=all&h=pierata&order=second&asc=ASC" rel="nofollow - 2nd https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=all&h=pierata&order=third&asc=ASC" rel="nofollow - 3rd https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=stakes&search_bar=stakes&field=all&h=pierata&order=time&asc=ASC" rel="nofollow - Time Comment
2020 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=1219" rel="nofollow - ATC ALL-AGED STAKES G1 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=TOFANE&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - TOFANE 1-s1400 MT https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=FASIKA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - FASIKA 1:21.63 
2019 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=19594" rel="nofollow - REDZEL STAKES   https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA 291300M https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=TREKKING5&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - TREKKING5 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=LE+ROMAIN&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - LE ROMAIN 1:16.59 
2019 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=3241" rel="nofollow - ATC THE SHORTS G2 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA 291100 MT https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=CLASSIQUE+LEGEND&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - CLASSIQUE LEGEND https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=REDZEL&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - REDZEL 1:03.93 
2019 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=6102" rel="nofollow - CONCORDE STAKES G3 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=REDZEL&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - REDZEL 271000M https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=GRAFF3&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - GRAFF3 :56.28 
2019 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=1219" rel="nofollow - ATC ALL-AGED STAKES G1 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA 291400 MT https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=OSBORNE+BULLS&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - OSBORNE BULLS https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=SIEGE+OF+QUEBEC&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - SIEGE OF QUEBEC 1:20.64 
2019 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=1239" rel="nofollow - ATC THE GALAXY HANDICAP G1 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=NATURE+STRIP2&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - NATURE STRIP2 16-a1100 MT https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=EASY+EDDIE2&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - EASY EDDIE2 1:05.56 
2018 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=2894" rel="nofollow - HOBARTVILLE STAKES G2 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=KEMENTARI3&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - KEMENTARI3 16-c1400 MT https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=DARGENTO4&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - DARGENTO4 1:22.43 
2018 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=3210" rel="nofollow - MISSILE STAKES G2 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA 291200M https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=KEMENTARI3&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - KEMENTARI3 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=THE+MONSTAR&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - THE MONSTAR 1:08.41 
2018 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=7688" rel="nofollow - SYDNEY STAKES G3 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA 291200M https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=JUNGLE+EDGE&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - JUNGLE EDGE https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=CLEARLY+INNOCENT&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - CLEARLY INNOCENT 1:10.82 
2018 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=3232" rel="nofollow - AJC BILL RITCHIE HANDICAP G3 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=SIEGE+OF+QUEBEC&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - SIEGE OF QUEBEC 3-j1400M https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=MUSIC+MAGNATE&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - MUSIC MAGNATE 1:21.56 
2018 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=1247" rel="nofollow - AJC RANDWICK GUINEAS G1 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=KEMENTARI3&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - KEMENTARI3 16-c1600M https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=TRAPEZE+ARTIST5&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - TRAPEZE ARTIST5 1:33.72 
2018 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=10251" rel="nofollow - MAGIC MILLIONS 3YO GUINEAS https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA 291400 MT https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=GOODFELLA4&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - GOODFELLA4 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=CALCULATED6&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - CALCULATED6 1:21.02 
2017 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?search_bar=stakes&query_type=stakes&field=view&id=1259" rel="nofollow - QTC SIRES PRODUCE STAKES G2 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=MELODY+BELLE4&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - MELODY BELLE4 181400M https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=TAKING+AIM3&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - TAKING AIM3 https://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?query_type=horse&search_bar=horse&h=PIERATA&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=" rel="nofollow - PIERATA 1:25.66 

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 9:48pm
Last four starts:

1st of 12

https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTA3NzU4MDU5MjA%3d#Race8" rel="nofollow -  1300m Good4 REDZEL $1,001,000 ($1,331,000)  https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTUxNjY1MDMwMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - - Trekking  58.5kg, 3rd  https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MjA2Njc1OTIwMA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=MjQ2NjUyMjY5NjA%3d" rel="nofollow -

5th of 14

https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTA3NzcxMDc5OTA%3d#Race8" rel="nofollow -  1100m Soft5 THE GALAXY Group 1 $707,000 ($16,000)  https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTUxNjY1MDMwMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - - I Am Excited  52kg, 2nd  https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTA0ODg3ODgzMTA%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=MjUxMjIxNjM2NjA%3d" rel="nofollow -

4th of 12

https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTA3NzcxMjA1MzA%3d#Race8" rel="nofollow -  1200m Heavy8 T J SMITH Group 1 $1,364,500 ($57,000)  https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTUxNjY1MDMwMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - - Nature Strip  58.5kg, 2nd  https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MjA1MzAxNTM2MA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=MjUwMjcwOTM3NDA%3d" rel="nofollow -

2nd of 14

https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/Meeting.aspx?meetcode=MTA3NzcxMjg4OTA%3d#Race7" rel="nofollow -  1400m Good4 ALL AGED Group 1 $485,000 ($90,240)  https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTUxNjY1MDMwMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - - Tofane (NZ)  57kg, 3rd  https://racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTA1MzA3OTczMTA%3d&src=horseform&raceEntry=MjUyMDE3Mjc4NzA%3d" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2020 at 11:22pm
Redzel Stakes & MM 3yo Guineas were $1m+ purses to the winner. Another $600+ for 5th in The Everest.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 9:32pm
His $900k half brother Jet Propulsion by Rubick runs dead last on debut.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 9:43pm
Without having watched a replay my initial reaction was it was a disgracefully negative ride.

It was not a terrible last.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 3:56am
I have always been given this piece of advice about breeding.

If you have a family which are good money spinners but not filled with stakes runners, and then you get a genuine group 1 performer or champion, the future foals will never match up to the topline performer.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Without having watched a replay my initial reaction was it was a disgracefully negative ride.

It was not a terrible last.

Look at what a positive ride on Jet Propulsion achieved today.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 7:18pm
Well spotted djebel 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net