Print Page | Close Window

Q&A

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=60544
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 11:31am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Q&A
Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Subject: Q&A
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:02am
Did anyone watch it last night? Extraordinary performance from Bob Katter- he was an aboriginal for the duration of the show. Weird.Shocked

“I identify as a blackfella on occasion and I’ll identify this time as a blackfella — we are the most land-rich people on Earth, we blackfellas in Australia, and we are not allowed to use it. We are not allowed to have a title deed.

“We should be rich. We’re not, because we can’t get a title deed. Why won’t government give it to us?”

I checked out air fares from Alice Springs to check if they were just whinging. No, they are getting ripped off. You're doing well to get a single ticket to Brisbane for under $400.

Replies:
Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:11am
He and his father have a long history of championing Aboriginal rights. It has been speculated many times that he has indigenous blood. He might have been taking a step last night.

-------------

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:14am
Thank god you said that - I was thinking exactly the same thing "trying" to watch it. Is he indigenous or not ? Was news to me. Thing is he was not picked up on it sitting in a room of indigenous people - & local white folk as well.
It was bizarre.
And then we have Mr Voller put his head up & put his two bobs worth in. Lets put "all" young indigenous kids with a crime issue to work on the land. Yeah - good in theory I suppose....everyone nodding their heads "what a great idea". Just need an administration of millions to get it to half work. As PT would say, who is going to pay for it ? & how do you make young kids work & be responsible if they don't want to be. Put them in a detention centre I suppose !

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:22am
http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/q-bob-katter-drops-blackfella-bombshell/3196428/" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymercury.com.au/news/q-bob-katter-drops-blackfella-bombshell/3196428/

Q&A: Bob Katter drops 'blackfella' bombshell

Emma Reynolds news.com.au | 4th Jul 2017 5:56 AM

MAVERICK MP Bob Katter had viewers confused Monday night when he said he sometimes "identified as a blackfella" during an emotional episode of Q&A.

The Queensland Independent caused consternation on social media as he repeatedly referred to himself using the word, during the televised debate in Alice Springs.

Asked about land title, he replied: "I identify as a blackfella on occasion and I'll identify this time as a blackfella - we are the most land-rich people on Earth, we blackfellas in Australia, and we are not allowed to use it. We are not allowed to have a title deed.

"We should be rich. We're not, because we can't get a title deed. Why won't government give it to us?"

Later, answering a question about youth imprisonment from former teenage inmate Dylan Voller , Katter repeated his claim: "The cost of a child in detention in Queensland is $580,000 a year. We put in a wild kid and we get back a professional criminal. 'Oh, jeez, that was great achievement!' Putting a kid in a steel cage like an animal ... after going on a joy-ride with his big brother ... seems to me unfair and unjust. Give us some credit - give we blackfellas some credit."

The Katter's Australian Party leader has said he has mixed and unknown heritage before, but astonished Twitter users seemed unprepared for his assertion. https://twitter.com/msmisrule" rel="nofollow">

https://support.twitter.com/articles/20175256" rel="nofollow - Twitter Ads info and priva Katherine MLA Sandra Nelson summed up the general feeling when she asked: "'I identify as a black fella on occasion' #WTH does that even mean #BobKatter ? #qanda #confusingtimes."

But a Twitter user called Aussie Alternative posted: "Unlike White identity, Aboriginal identity is INCLUSIVE, anyone can claim to be Aboriginal no matter how indigenous you are."

Katter has long been an advocate for indigenous workers and families, and his father Bob Senior was outspoken in support of racial equality, campaigning to abolish segregated seating between blacks and whites at the cinema.

In April 2013, Katter told Fairfax Media: "I identify with them. I'm not white and I come from Cloncurry. I'm not too sure where my racial background has come from but I am not going to argue if someone calls me a blackfella. I'm not going to argue that I am not," he says.

"There's a name in Cloncurry. We call ourselves the Curry Mob. There's Afghans and Lebanese, a lot of Chinese. You name it, you'll find them in Cloncurry. They've all intermarried over 220 years and they just refer to themselves as the Curry Mob."

In a Courier Mail interview published in April 2016, Katter's son Robbie said the family was sensitive to race relations because "we're not exactly purebred merinos", adding: "Our family are half-dark themselves and I guess they didn't care who they employed. They gave a lot of credit to the Aboriginal stockmen who came in off the stations."

'KATTER LOGIC IS LIKE STRING THEORY'

It wasn't the only moment Katter confused viewers. His rambling replies regularly had people struggling to keep up.

"Where I came from, we held the British Empire at bay for 60 years," he said, while talking about rehabilitation. "Give us some credit. What we did in the good old days - 200 years ago - was if you played up, you were sent out into the bush and you stayed out in the bush until you were prepared to behave yourself. The name used in most of the northern tribes was Budjeka - banishment.

"What happens out there? That's clearly the direction you want to be going. To give these kids the skills - not an education. Look, I come from a town where we didn't have a high school. My brother and cousins were forming in the councils, forming in the mine raids, engine drivers in the railway - three of the working mines in Cloncurry were all owned by First Australians. We got out of an education - if we have the incentive, the carrot and the stick, those incentives have been taken away ... I think the pathway, the old way, was the good way - eminently sensible, and saved us a hell of a lot of money as well."

VOLLER'S AWKWARD MOMENT

But at least Katter is never stuck for words. The most awkward moment of the night came after Mr Voller asked his cogent question about why more wasn't been done to rehabilitate young offenders.

After the panel addressed the issue, guest host Virginia Trioli decided to press him a little further, but this time, he was not so eloquent.

"Dylan, I just wanted to come back to you briefly before we move to the next question," she said. "We learnt a fair bit about your very troubled past and some rather violent behaviour by you during the royal commission. I just wondered if your life is back on track now, and how you're feeling?"

He replied: "Yeah, it's good."

Trioli tried again: "Yeah? Do you have some work?"

Mr Voller's answer: "Yeah."

An awkward pause. "Good. That's good to hear," said Trioli, and the conversation moved on.

WHY IS ALICE SO EXPENSIVE?

The debate covered Aboriginal rights, education and language - but the biggest cheer of the night came when a questioner raised the insane cost of accessing Alice Springs.

He said he and his wife were going on their honeymoon next month and it was costing more to fly from Alice Springs to Adelaide return than Adelaide to Croatia return. "Tourism would be higher and more people would live in Alice Springs if the prices weren't so expensive," he said.

Chair of Tourism Central Australia Dale McIver said she had sat down with the two major airlines that fly to the remote Northern Territory town - the gateway to popular destinations of Uluru and the Red Centre.

Asked how they justify those prices, she replied: "Not very well, unfortunately."

She said the airlines had mentioned "commercial viability" but that didn't mean much.

"We have locals here in Alice Springs that will drive 450km from Alice Springs to Uluru to get a cheaper flight," she said. "They'll leave their car there and fly back, then drive back. They'd rather sit in their car for nine hours than pay these absolutely insane prices."

Warren Snowdon was more direct: "Price gouging. Pretty simple."

The Shadow Assistant Minister for Indigenous Health said that when Tiger Air flew to Alice, "there was a bit of competition in the market and prices were forced down" but there is no longer a low-priced carrier serving Central Australia.

"So we don't have control over those airlines," he said. "They make their choices. They make the decisions. They know they've got a captive market. So they milk us."

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 11:24am
& the local business representatives were being so polite in hinting nothing seemed to be working / improving re indigenous outcomes. That a lot of the support organisations seemed to fall short - education/ health/ crime. One fellow politely said he had never had any success taking on indigenous kids as apprentices - costly exercise that resulted in poor results.
The whole program was full of folk - both white & indigenous - walking around on eggshells imo. This issue seems unsolvable.

-------------

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:56pm
I switched over to Channel 2 for a minute last night (I knew I would regret it!) and caught their new poster boy, Dylan Voller (didn't take long to replace Yassmin!), sitting amongst a group of his divisive racist peers, demanding more horse riding ranches and similar rewards, for vicious drug induced career criminals ... SURELY THEY ARE TAKING THE PISS!!!!Confused

Pleeeez, stop funding these out of touch agenda driven, virtue signalling, parasites at the ABC ... we could build a couple of coal fired power stations with the money we save shutting down that sheltered workshop!

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 4:59pm
Need more jails, and hard labour re-instated,( numpties probably signed up to a UN convention prohibiting it). Cool Hand Luke style.

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:15pm
Dont tell fibs Doc, you watch every week, just so you have something to be outraged about on Tuesday

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 5:47pm
I've never denied that i sometimes have a quick look just for balance, and sometimes they have something watchable ... however, in general, it is less painful sticking a fork in your eye, and a fraudulent waste of tax payer funds.

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

I've never denied that i sometimes have a quick look just for balance, and sometimes they have something watchable ... however, in general, it is less painful sticking a fork in your eye, and a fraudulent waste of tax payer funds.

I never watch Sky but got a little taste on Media Watch last night. Fairdinkum, what a bunch of loonies. Where did they dredge that Paul Murray moron from?

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I never watch Sky but got a little taste on Media Watch last night. Fairdinkum, what a bunch of loonies. Where did they dredge that Paul Murray moron from?
So you live in a vacuum ... makes sense.

Try watching a whole program, rather than a selected snippet that was only shown to get the media watch dressmakers shrieking ... just a suggestion.Wink

-------------

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:47am
Katter is what I have heard called a  "Submarine Blackfella "
Only surfaces when there is something in it for him.
Rest of the time he stays under the surface until its time to make waves again.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:21pm
Love it aa!Clap ... like Waleed ... a "Submarine Muslim"!!!LOL

Interesting that The Mad Katter's only previous reference to identifying his heritage was as being of Irish Catholic descent ... maybe that's only Ok if you're on the p1ss on St Patrick's Day ... Up PERISCOPE!!!Wacko

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Katter is what I have heard called a  "Submarine Blackfella "
Only surfaces when there is something in it for him.
Rest of the time he stays under the surface until its time to make waves again.

Sub will be thankful for that insight. I think ? I thought Bob had Afghan heritage too, it is nice to have an interesting family tree, I suppose. But as my old mother would say, "you can't help what stable you came from " which means that being proud (or ashamed) of one's pedigree is perhaps inappropriate.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:52pm
Seriously , who knows what went on between the sheets back in the early days of Australia ??
Read some of the books written by the early settlers of outback Ozz .
Families who went into the Kimberlys.  And the Gulf Country.
Even western NSW.
Lots of white men and very few white women.  
Great pioneering families came from the marriages of white men and black women, and their descendants still power on today.
Theses families dont need Katter to suddenly surface and claim blackfella blood , to make the heritage  look good.
They know they and their families are good and what they have achieved over many years of Ozz history speaks for itself.
Katter is just big noting and he looks like a d**k .

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: subastral
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:02am

Yes, must cost millions to produce Q&A......

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:09am
If it cost a dollar, it would be a fraudulent waste of money ...

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:11am
You do realise that they gave Dylan Voller a voice on prime time public funded television ...

-------------

Posted By: cabosanlucas
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:12am

i gave up watching it ages ago. its reheated lines from the previous week.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:14am
And?

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:01am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

And?

And its rubbish that I switch off after about 2 mins.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 9:42am

And?

Its like the drum. its reheated stuff i have already read, same comments, same opinions. they debate stuff that has already been debated to death over the previous week.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 9:45am

You do realise that they gave Dylan Voller a voice on prime time public funded television ...

And they regularly give people like Alan Jones, Pauline Hanson Nick Cater  a voice and they were to have Ayaan Hirsi Ali on there a few weeks ago till she cancelled. Where else can you get that diversity of views in open debate.....fantastic and great value for moneyClap

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

And they regularly give people like Alan Jones, Pauline Hanson Nick Cater  a voice and they were to have Ayaan Hirsi Ali on there a few weeks ago till she cancelled. Where else can you get that diversity of views in open debate.....fantastic and great value for moneyClap

Who is the progressive voice on Sky when all the wingnuts get together for an agree-a-thon? Don't tell me it's Latham and Richardson.Confused

Posted By: JudgeHolden
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 10:50am

Sorry Doc but the only real response to that is '"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:03am

Who is the progressive voice on Sky when all the wingnuts get together for an agree-a-thon? Don't tell me it's Latham and Richardson.Confused

They dont even pretend to be balanced , and with Murdoch wanting to buy it and turn it into Australia's Faux News, the RWNJs are all ramping up their hysteria to be first in line to be Australia's own King Wingnut version of Hannity or Carlson 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:09am
Why watch things that continually outrage you? The Project, Q&A, Insiders. Weird.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:04pm

rrrrright ... Ayaan Hirsi Ali, counts because why? ... she was hounded and threatened out of the country by the shrieking leftards before she even got here!!!LOL

Yassmin has had more runs on that FAKE NEWS show than all of the above combined, but then she is a fraud.

... and the only reason Bob Katter got a gig was that he promised to identify as a Black Fella ... sometimes ... near enuff!!!Thumbs Up

... but Dylan Voller ... without a spit hood? ... really?Confused 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Sorry Doc but the only real response to that is '"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

I have no problem with dangerous criminals featuring on news programs, provided they are answering questions under oath, restrained and fitted with an appropriate garments to protect the general public ... oh wait, a typical Q&A audience? ... they should ALL be restrained and fitted with spit hoods!Shocked 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Why watch things that continually outrage you? The Project, Q&A, Insiders. Weird.

Come on Judge ... you can't claim a balanced opinion if you live in a vacuum ...

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:12pm
That was nonsense imo. She didn't come here because she like the hater she used to be friends with Geert Wilders ran into visa problems in returning here following his hater supporters causing problems at a Perth event The Turnbull govt are to ''blame'' if anyone

Wasnt Voller an audience member? Confused'Anyway, what is your problem with him being there discussing Aboriginal issues in the Territory. I would have thought he was an ideal questioner. 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:13pm
They've had a few miscreants on that show before Voller, and that was their sole claim to fame. I suppose Virginia Trioli "excites" more interest than the Jones boy, for entertainment value.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

And?

Its like the drum. its reheated stuff i have already read, same comments, same opinions. they debate stuff that has already been debated to death over the previous week.

Sory, the and was for Doc complaining they interviewed Dylan.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

And?

And its rubbish that I switch off after about 2 mins.

2 minutes more than I get through.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:40pm

That was nonsense imo. She didn't come here because she like the hater she used to be friends with Geert Wilders ran into visa problems in returning here following his hater supporters causing problems at a Perth event The Turnbull govt are to ''blame'' if anyone

Wasnt Voller an audience member? Confused'Anyway, what is your problem with him being there discussing Aboriginal issues in the Territory. I would have thought he was an ideal questioner. 

Sure ... a lying, vindictive, vicious criminal with over 40 convictions will add credibility to any ABC program ... should have his own show soon!Thumbs Up (anyone replaced Yassmin yet?)

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:50pm
He was a guest of the justice system, and asked a relevent question on youth detention. I would have thought he was eminently qualified to do that

The show is called Questions And Answers, if it were Lies and Coverups it would be on Sky.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:06pm
Did you see his question?

He wanted to know why violent convicted career criminals, SORRY! ... "victims" like him were not provided with more "rewards", like cash and holidays at pony riding ranches, under the justice system? ... fair enough, and probably as hard hitting as the ABC gets too!

No doubt it is a chore to maintain the credibility of Q&A.

Takes them a full week to find the right Questions, and then to concoct the appropriate Answers too ... always inconvenient having that token (moderate) conservative, who has to be drowned out with either groans of derision, or pitiful laughter when they get off script!Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:13pm
Why I am I in no doubt that is exactly what you heard word for word?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:18pm
... didn't you watch it PT?

As I said earlier, I was lucky enough to switch over for 2 minutes ... probably the high light of the current series! ... he only got a run because Martin Bryant hasn't identified as indigenous ... yetDead

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:17pm
The Koori kids are still sniffing petrol. I thought this problem had been sorted 20 years ago- Opal avgas- something like that.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:23pm

The Koori kids are still sniffing petrol. I thought this problem had been sorted 20 years ago- Opal avgas- something like that.

How could it be "sorted" ? There is only so far you can go, if it wasn't fuel, it would be some other substance. You can't put additives into fuel that make it repellent to inhale, without creating major dramas at the petrol bowser.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:41pm

He was a guest of the justice system, and asked a relevent question on youth detention. I would have thought he was eminently qualified to do that

The show is called Questions And Answers, if it were Lies and Coverups it would be on Sky.

Clap

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:53pm

Clap
Shouldn't you be packing ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 7:58pm
July 27 I leave, so you got a few weeks of me yet....

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 9:09pm

Clap

... they call that show the "Four Corners Don Dale Stitch up" on Channel 2.

Oooops! ... sorry, that should be "Sensationalist and Misleading" lies and coverups...Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 10:20pm

Why I am I in no doubt that is exactly what you heard word for word?

LOL

Doc "remembers":

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:21am
Yep ... word for word! 

Why can't they just stay at PT's or Judge's house? ... I'm sure they won't beat the sh!t out of you and steal from you when they are high on ice ... DOH!Pinch 

http://www.smh.com.au/video/video-entertainment/video-entertainment-news/qa-dylan-vollers-question-20170703-4vqw7.html

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:27am
This is a bit harsh from the ABC ... well certainly a bit more factual than we are accustomed to!Embarrassed

Don Dale Four Corners report 'sensationalist, misleading', NT royal commission hears

"The Four Corners program which was ultimately broadcast and which was the catalyst for the calling of this royal commission was the antithesis of a balanced report and was in fact misleading."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-27/don-dale-four-corners-report-sensationalist-commission-hears/8475738

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:55am

Yep ... word for word! 

<span style="font-size: 12px;">Why can't they just stay at PT's or Judge's house? ... I'm sure they won't beat the sh!t out of you and steal from you when they are high on ice ... DOH!Pinch </span>

http://www.smh.com.au/video/video-entertainment/video-entertainment-news/qa-dylan-vollers-question-20170703-4vqw7.html

Thanks for supplying the clip. Just as I thought

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:04am
On a serious note having inmates work with horses (wild or even retired thoroughbreds) seems to having success and gaining popularity both here and overseas:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2016-02-19/wild-horse-program-inspires-brumby-training-to-rehabilitate/7183338" rel="nofollow - http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2016-02-19/wild-horse-program-inspires-brumby-training-to-rehabilitate/7183338

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/the-express/racehorse-rehabilitation-scheme-helps-prisoners-and-soldiers-get-back-on-track/news-story/7563f8f72abd3262ce5c0bdf7bb6ffad" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/the-express/racehorse-rehabilitation-scheme-helps-prisoners-and-soldiers-get-back-on-track/news-story/7563f8f72abd3262ce5c0bdf7bb6ffad

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 11:18am

Clap

Oooops! ... sorry, that should be "Sensationalist and Misleading" lies and coverups...Clap

channel 2 lol. Memories...the ol pye tv with the nob to turn channels...mum would call the "tv man " about 5 times a year to fix it.

dylan voller should be fav for the sydney peace award next year.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:26pm

I thought you would have changed your booking so you could fly out and console yassmin.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:57pm

Clap

channel 2 lol. Memories...the ol pye tv with the nob to turn channels...mum would call the "tv man " about 5 times a year to fix it.

dylan voller should be fav for the sydney peace award next year.

Young Australian (Criminal) of the Year?Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 2:34pm

Should be plenty hot over there then. Take your panama hat.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:18pm

I thought you would have changed your booking so you could fly out and console yassmin.

You really shouldn't attempt biting humour. You are neither funny, nor clever.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Should be plenty hot over there then. Take your panama hat.

Absolutely. Frighteningly hot. A place in Southern Iran was 53 the other day!!

Posted By: Flamethrower
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 7:43pm
If you wear the Make America Great Again cap in Iran I'll fund your trip.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Flamethrower Flamethrower wrote:

If you wear the Make America Great Again cap in Iran I'll fund your trip.

Corey Bernadi's Make Australia Great Again cap and you pay my visa?

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 8:57pm

You really shouldn't attempt biting humour. You are neither funny, nor clever.

no humor. serious.

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:36pm
Rarely watch it, did last night and it was fantastic, especially the contributions from the Muslim politician and Jewish lawyer sitting next to each other. Should be more of it

-------------
Victor Orban 1.74 m, Michael Bloomberg 1.73 m, Emmanual Macron 1.77 m, George Soros 1.8 m

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Rarely watch it, did last night and it was fantastic, especially the contributions from the Muslim politician and Jewish lawyer sitting next to each other. Should be more of it

Dasher is not Muslim.

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:48pm

Dasher is not Muslim.

point scoring, was born Muslim

-------------
Victor Orban 1.74 m, Michael Bloomberg 1.73 m, Emmanual Macron 1.77 m, George Soros 1.8 m

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:49pm
According to some here there is no such thing as a former muslim. 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 6:50pm

Dasher is not Muslim.

Dastyari identifies as a "non-practising Muslim

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 8:30pm

Dasher is not Muslim.

Dastyari identifies as a "non-practising Muslim

... as is everyone who is not a Muslim.

He is in fact, a "Muslim of Convenience" ... drinks haram beer when it suits him, waves the quoran, challenges people to eat "halal" food and screams "Islamophobia" to make political points ... "slimy lying treasonous hypocrite" would be his religion ... if he were a true Muslim, the Jew would be dead.

If you found Q&A "fantastic" Whale, I'm disappointed I missed it ... which Kardashians did they have on the panel?LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 2:23am
Well that little Dasyari came across as a first class grub... again. Few on the panel patting him on the back for being honest & admitting he was a fraudulent little spiv with no morals. How the ALP leadership give him the green light to do anything is beyond me. Will never be accepted by average Joes.. nor should he be. Should be either locked up or deported imo !

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 2:36am
Obeid , Tripodi , Dastyari ....deary me....& some folk out their call us racists

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 8:43am
Pretty sure the first two you mentioned are Catholics, oneone 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 4:45pm

Pretty sure the first two you mentioned are Catholics, oneone 

All three are "Non Practicing Muslims".

Slippery Sam is the biggest grub of them all though.Dead 

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 12:53am
God their were a few strugglers on their tonight....esp the 2 women. Don't they realise how biased & bigoted they come across as. The US muslin lady in head gear tried to defend women's rights in the extreme middle eastern countries....how is that even possible !

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

God their were a few strugglers on their tonight....esp the 2 women. Don't they realise how biased & bigoted they come across as. The US muslin lady in head gear tried to defend women's rights in the extreme middle eastern countries....how is that even possible !

Miss Muslim and her Pommy mate deflected like mad things whenever the treatment of Muslim women in Muslim countries was raised- anything to avoid answering the question.

The Indian guy was brilliant. See the stunned look on the Indian audience member who asked him about how great the Brits were for India.LOL

I'll have to check out his book.

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:21am
I missed it last night, but see the Indian guy was Shashi Tharoor. I followed his career in the UN for a number of years especially through the Balkan Wars, when he was a spokesman for the UNHCR efforts there. Went on to be under secretary general of the UN. Very impressive man

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:29am

I missed it last night, but see the Indian guy was Shashi Tharoor. I followed his career in the UN for a number of years especially through the Balkan Wars, when he was a spokesman for the UNHCR efforts there. Went on to be under secretary general of the UN. Very impressive man

LOL. too funny.

you spent years following the career of a UN secretary general or assistant. and were very impressed. yet you have previously said international law is total BS and unenforceable.

one of your best PT

Posted By: Isaac soloman
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Miss Muslim and her Pommy mate deflected like mad things whenever the treatment of Muslim women in Muslim countries was raised- anything to avoid answering the question.

The Indian guy was brilliant. See the stunned look on the Indian audience member who asked him about how great the Brits were for India.LOL

I'll have to check out his book.

didnt see it but know enough of history that says England has been quite deadly for the world. the crusaders into the middle east, introducing china to opium, clive of india period, suppression of scotland, ireland......even our own indigenous, classed as flora and fauna, is why they claimed aus for their own.

maybe they should sort nkLOL

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 3:26pm

I caught a bit of it last night - he was amazing, a real advertisement for the benefits of Colonialism ... until he gave everyone a history lesson!

Of course, they managed to balance the panel out nicely with two brain dead women.

The Muslim Woman from the States, who spoke of the importance of social media, but warned the only way to use it beneficially was to ignore any sights or groups with views that don't agree with your ideology. For example she only visits sights that have the views of Muslim Women. When asked about the way that women are treated under Islam in the Middle East, she changed the subject, and had a go at Pauline over the burqua stunt! ... she was just a Yasmin clone!Dead

... and the ANTIFA hippy who refused to acknowledge that the protesters who attended the Freedom Rally in Charlottesville took any weapons or caused any violence, BUT, they were entitled to engage in any violence they chose, to stop whatever anyone was doing that they didn't agree with, and more importantly, it was endorsed if it was anti-Trump Wacko  ... even Tony Jones was bemused by this psycho, and had to educate her on some of the facts and correct the FAKE NEWS she was happy to keep peddling! ... but she maintained that all ANTIFA has ever done is "damage a few buildings and pull down a statue" - no mention of the people who are regularly hospitalised at their protests, or the police shot dead by the BLM arm of ANTIFA ... just another out of touch, unhinged, fascist from the left ... she absolutely loved the Muslim apologist though, and agreed with everything she said. The other left wing panelists could be seen squirming over some of her assertions!

It really is an interesting program at times!LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:21pm
Anyone unfortunate enough to be watching Q&A last night ? What a pathetic lot we have representing us these days. All they seem to want to talk about is making everything totally bloody equal. And they then wonder why suicide rates are at record highs. Its because dopes like them are not functioning in the real world & have absolutely no idea of the real issues worrying folk. That young bird from Monash who is carrying on a treat because a couple of blokes broke into her room on campus at 3am in the morning - deary me. Precious little petal - been going on since pussy was a kitten. She wasn't raped - or even touched - bunch of fellow Uni students letting their hair down. And the singer fellow on panel nearly went into meltdown over it as if they should be locked up for life. I hope his music is a bit more representative of how real life is. And going back 36 years isn't excessive for the Metoo brigade either. Well combine all the above together & I reckon over 50% of the current male population should be locked up for life. Just too many victims in this day & age !

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:35pm
that is funny, you are the biggest whinger around, is there anything you don't complain about?
I guess you would just laugh it off if someone broke into your place at 3am and threw meat on you, yeah sure Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:39pm
Come in spinner ! We are not talking at home - we are talking about a College Campus. Have spent 4 years in such an environment let me tell you this sort of stuff is not that unusual. Nor should it be. Not that you would understand that Whale - you don't live in at high school

-------------

Posted By: Isaac soloman
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:10pm
Typical whale, play the man, not the ball.

Didnt watch the episode, just reading articles about.

Resilience seems to be sadly lacking in todays society.

However, never forget, thats todays plights make for wonderful employment opportunities!! , an ongoing cause.

Isnt the health budget the biggest around?

Posted By: Redemption
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 1:17pm
MeToo, Feminism, Bullying, etc, is no different to Cancer Councils etc, its a PRODUCT, and SOLD.

They start it with facebook, instagram, make a pitch, create a problem, turn it into a money making product, and people, as dumb as us, post about it, spread it, unknowingly we even popularise it, by talking about it, posting it, as per even on here.

Its people making money off the back of so-called "problems", and pitched as a product/industry.

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 2:02pm
Trespass, invasion of privacy, harassment, assault.

Yeah that'll fine all because it has historical origins.  Confused

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 6:23pm
Break into a woman's room at 3am with a couple of the guys and throw meat at her. Ho ho ho- what jolly japes.Clap What's the matter with the snowflake generation?

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Typical whale, play the man, not the ball.

Didnt watch the episode, just reading articles about.

Resilience seems to be sadly lacking in todays society.

However, never forget, thats todays plights make for wonderful employment opportunities!! , an ongoing cause.

Isnt the health budget the biggest around?
Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

MeToo, Feminism, Bullying, etc, is no different to Cancer Councils etc, its a PRODUCT, and SOLD.

They start it with facebook, instagram, make a pitch, create a problem, turn it into a money making product, and people, as dumb as us, post about it, spread it, unknowingly we even popularise it, by talking about it, posting it, as per even on here.

Its people making money off the back of so-called "problems", and pitched as a product/industry.
Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 10:26pm
Well said Isaac and Redemption ... who would have thought that the #MeowToo#MakeItUp#WhateverItTakes#HeLookedAtMeFunny#MaybeICanBeAVictimAndCashInToo! Snowflakes would have had a practical joke played on them or played one in their nerdy lives ... #sad

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net