Forum Description: General discussion about thoroughbred horse racing
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=60537
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 12:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Calculated
Posted By: djebel
Subject: Calculated
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 1:00pm
I am going out on a limb here and suggest this is the best colt So You Think has produced and the best colt Chris Waller has trained.

I am usually conservative in my estimations of a horse but this guy and Ballet Baby excite me.

CALCULATED (AUS)
Bay or brown colt 2014 
So You Think
Bay 2006
High Chaparral
Bay 1999
Sadler's Wells
Bay 1981
Northern Dancer
Bay 1961
Nearctic
Natalma
14-c
2-d
Fairy Bridge
Bay 1975
Bold Reason
Special
19-b
5-h
Kasora
Brown 1993
Darshaan
Brown 1981
Shirley Heights
Delsy
1-l
13-c
Kozana
Brown 1982
Kris
Koblenza
2-o
1-n
Triassic
Bay 1990
Tights
Bay 1981
Nijinsky
Bay 1967
Northern Dancer
Flaming Page
2-d
8-f
Dancealot
Bay 1971
Round Table
Music Please
2-f
16-g
Astral Row
Brown 1979
Long Row
Brown 1970
Linacre
Front Row
15-a
42>
Pak Bun Bay
Bay 1970
Matinee Idol
Philipolo
13-e
13-a
Calchris
Brown or black 2003
Commands
Bay 1996
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Cotehele House
Brown or black 1980
My Swanee
Grey 1963
Petition
Grey Rhythm
16-g
8-j
Eight Carat
Brown 1975
Pieces of Eight
Klairessa
3-o
9-c
Miss Chakra
Brown 1996
Marscay
Chestnut 1979
Biscay
Chestnut 1965
Star Kingdom
Magic Symbol
1-g
2-o
Heart of Market
Bay 1967
To Market
Accroche Coeur
10-a
4-m
Gypsy Way
Bay 1988
Sir Tristram
Bay 1971
Sir Ivor
Isolt
8-g
6-e
Sequita
Bay 1977
Sovereign Edition
Sequitur
13-a
13-a
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer4m,5m x 5m

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Replies:
Posted By: Sunline
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 1:10pm
I have a big wrap on him too - not sure I'm saying he's going to be Waller's best colt yet. Trained a couple of nice ones in the past like Zoustar, Kermadec and Brazen Beau.

I actually blackbooked him from the trials last prep, but was disappointed with his debut. On reflection, it was probably very excusable and he probably wasn't ready.

His trials this prep have been enormous - especially the recent one. He just needs to show that in a race now and off he goes.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: 3blindmice
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 2:27pm
I know comparatively little (nothing) about breeding but if by chance he reaches the heights it would be yet another example of a well-bred lightly raced mare to the fore. Feel free to set me right but as an ignorant observer it seems to me the breeding push for the progeny of Group, black type etc mares is largely misplaced????? It's probably just that they stand out but well-bred, underperforming mares who have short careers seem to pop up regularly as the dams of good track performers???????

Posted By: furious
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 2:30pm
Sadler's Wells/Danehill.  Juliet Juliet - who would want more.  And it's in my stable so I hope your right Djebel.  Didn't do much at its only run.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

I know comparatively little (nothing) about breeding but if by chance he reaches the heights it would be yet another example of a well-bred lightly raced mare to the fore. Feel free to set me right but as an ignorant observer it seems to me the breeding push for the progeny of Group, black type etc mares is largely misplaced????? It's probably just that they stand out but well-bred, underperforming mares who have short careers seem to pop up regularly as the dams of good track performers???????

I think that's more about champion mares who race on for season after season - a la Sunline, Makybe Diva etc. I think you'll find your average stakes winning mare that hasn't raced past 5 or more than say 20-30 starts is a great chance at producing stakes winners.

The focus is always on the champs because there are few of them and it stands out when they produce slugs. I read something recently though that said Europe has no issue with champion mares producing stakes winners and it could be more to do with our environment or practices.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 2:47pm
3bm, I've seen a few stats & they irrefutably show progeny of G1 mares to be superior, performance wise, which is likely due to higher quality matings, better rearing & training opportunities but as you've suggested, it's not the B all & end all Big smile

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

3bm, I've seen a few stats & they irrefutably show progeny of G1 mares to be superior, performance wise, which is likely due to higher quality matings, better rearing & training opportunities but as you've suggested, it's not the B all & end all Big smile

Thanks Sunline/Gay. Not that I have any real knowledge of the topic but I was thinking more of those mares served by "acknowedged" sires and only first generation of the dam. If I was truly interested I'd probably scan the Timeform best and G1 winners across the years and check how their mums went. I do like to check the breeding of 2 and 3yr olds that I'm backing and particularly the performance of their siblings but beyond that I leave it to those with vested/deep personal interests. 

Posted By: AdaHunta
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 4:00pm
Trials might look ok but look at the last 600m SLOW !! Hasn't broken 35 seconds 

Race debut they ran home 34.30 and he was found wanting even out sprinted by Kennedy whos a Godolphin B grader and hasn't won a race since 

Cant see where all this Hype is coming from 

GOODLUCK !!

Posted By: ThreeBears
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 4:38pm
Must be a quiet Monday Ada. This thread should have gone up on April 1st.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 4:43pm
Last 600m has marginal meaning in a 900m trial unless they're running hard from the outset imo. He made up 10l in the last 400m. His own 600m was significantly faster - I'd guesstimate about 0.8 secs looking at margins during the race and at the finish. Overall time was good for the day. 

Trial was impressive enough to my eye to warrant attention but he now has to take that form into races over further against experienced horses. Breeding on the dam side has pace and stamina which should help. Long way to go obviously and much too early to predict he'll be a very good horse but I like  the bold call.

Anyone know what Waller thinks? He's usually reserved until they're 3-3.5yo by which time they've won a few and have been pitted against the clock and better training partners. He was quiet on Egg Tart but all over Omei Sword and even Winx prior to her record run as a late 3yo. 

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 5:50pm
Both Calculated (Bowman chasing premiership title) and Sparky Lad (another fair trialler from Waller yard) nommed R1 Cant Wed. No markets yet?

Posted By: Aurelius
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:06pm

IMO that is pretty much spot on.

Blue blood dams seem to skip a generation or two and then bang! some good ones arrive.
Unless of course it is completely bred out of them.

Don't they say 90% or so of our decisions are based on fear.
Fear if we don't buy a black type mare we will not be successful in breeding.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:41pm

Both Calculated (Bowman chasing premiership title) and Sparky Lad (another fair trialler from Waller yard) nommed R1 Cant Wed. No markets yet?

Yes that has me bamboozled.

Adahunter might be right

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:46pm
B365 just went up $5/2, $4 for SL. 

Sunline ?? just killed it as I was about to place my betLOL. Into $4.40

Posted By: scamanda
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:47pm
$3.60 SportsBet atm if you're keen.

-------------
I started with nothing and still have most of it left

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:49pm
Waller also has Blazeray (Avdulla) in the race djebel.

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:52pm
Interesting race, but perhaps more a question of "darts anyone?".

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 6:52pm
8 markets now up. All $4-4.40 except for PaddyPower SB who are big unders atm

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:32pm

B365 just went up $5/2, $4 for SL. 

Sunline ?? just killed it as I was about to place my betLOL. Into $4.40

Certainly took the $5/$1.91. Whether it was me or a tsunami of others that tightened him up I don't know haha. Definitely wasn't there soon after I took it as I tried to push someone else in but was too late.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:39pm
$3.4-3.9 across the corp board now. TAB has $4

Posted By: SkyDancer
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:23pm
Only run to date was very plain to my eye.
Would want to find a few extra gears come race day, trials are trials (overrated) nothing beats an actual race!
djebel, I think you have gone the early crow.

Posted By: Xavier
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm
I would fall out of my chair if this horse runs top 4
Sorry punters, but it helps if you take the Waller coloured glasses off every so often

-------------
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 8:36pm
Into $3.5 now.

To respond to some of the above:

* Totally agree he needs show he can turn awesome trials into similarly good race performances. I'm prepared to forgive the debut performance but as I said above I was disappointed and I'm guarded about him til then. That's why I was happy with $5/$1.91 but couldn't push anyone to take $3.5.

* Can confirm Xavier I don't punt with rose coloured glasses. There's no money in it. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be wrong. But it won't be because I was fooled by who trains it I assure you.

Prepared to back him at the price I got on his most recent trial in particular. They rarely trial like that from that yard if they're not talented.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:05pm
Seemed too obvious to warrant a reply nevertheless you've summed it up well Sunline. Djebel may have been optimistically musing but I'm prepared to go further and label him (Calculated, not djebel) the next big coming. Of what I don't know. Funny things at times, forums

Posted By: Sir Gov
Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:29pm
Waller - darts

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 9:49pm
Wasn't aimed at you Sunline, just a general observation that Waller runners sTart shorter than they would if trained by someone else.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 12:56am
Into $3.3 now, with Sportsbet as short as $3.1. They've jumped out of trees to back him this evening.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: room for a slew
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:16am
Certainly has been well backed

Well done to those who got the overs!!

If this horse is as good as the talk and money suggests, would be interested to hear wallers thoughts.

Would he have primed to win today and then put him away for a bit and target a guineas or spring champion stakes or derby

Or would he be building up the horse slowly and is not ready for this 1st up?

Or maybe class would get him home regardless?

Where is DD for the inside info! !

Good punting all

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:47am
Waller scratched the second fav, hence the new market . Price is now silly imo. Bowman gave Calculated a bit of a wrap on radio this morning but suggested his best today is the Lees filly in R3

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:49am

Waller scratched the second fav, hence the new market . Price is now silly imo. Bowman gave Calculated a bit of a wrap on radio this morning but suggested his best today is the Lees filly in R3

Calculated was 2.35 last night before scratchings.

Deductions will be interesting

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 12:35pm
They'll try to screw us like they normally do, djebel. Will makeup the ground they lost on us getting on before the plunge.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Calculated was 2.35 last night before scratchings.

Deductions will be interesting

Was he really? Was $2.90 across the board when I last looked early evening which I thought was already short enough but apparently punters were still keen. 

Posted By: ThreeBears
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 2:55pm
I'd rather have the second pony on that run.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:02pm
Boy he's a beauty but he has no idea what he has to do and yes the second horse was a lovely run.  He seemed more like a racehorse.  Calculated was in out and hard to wind up so I guess the win was pretty good the other horse had momentum coming down the outside and this one just wouldn't go straight.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:05pm
Will love a mile plus and some experience. Great that he got the job done for us all the same.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:24pm
If that was April 1 hope it keeps repeating for the rest of the year. TAB wouldn't be happy. Not only was Calculated heavily backed but runner up was backed for the place solidly.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:37pm
Well done guys. 
No deductions win or place odds. Too good to be true.

I thought there might have been a protest for interference at the top of the straight but not to be.
Yes, because I was on Brave Song. $4.40 the place is acceptable though.
A little dirty I didn't plonk on the quinella. $11.60.

Good win in the end though. Very green still so will benefit plenty from the run. He'll need to.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 3:58pm
Unlucky to run into this bloke Scamanda. Generous bookie if you didn't get hit with deductions. 7%  for me but I'm not complaining.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 4:14pm
From SportsBet.

Results

Win or PlaceSPTFTT+/PLNSW/PLUNI/PLSTAB/PL
1. 8 Calculated1.701.802.10/1.201.70/1.201.60/1.002.10/1.20
2. 4 Brave Song17.003.702.903.403.70
3. 10 Catesby81.0010.507.5010.509.10
4. 3 Blazeray9.50
Minimized race results
ExoticsQuinellaExactaTrifectaFirst Four
Results(4,8)(8,4)(8,4,10)(8,4,10,3)
Tote11.6017.90365.601872.50
Fixed Odds (At Jump)0.000.000.00
Scratchings
7 Sparky Lad
Deductions
SelectionPrice TypeDeductionPlace DeductionDate Limits
Sparky LadFixed$0.00$0.00Bets placed before 2017-07-05 07:55:13

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 4:28pm
Yes saw that. TAB didn't deduct from place according to the website. I'd be gobsmacked if PaddyPower SB didn't hit early bets. They're leaders in deductions from my observation. Mind you I think they went up at bottom odds anyway so perhaps they didn't take a big hit? 

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 4:36pm
Yep SportsBet were always behind the others early.
$3.60 compared to the $4 and $4.40 you posted on the 3rd.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:15pm
great find - well done!

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:25pm
Hope Xavier had a soft landing LOL

Posted By: AdaHunta
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:28pm
Well done on the win Djebel 

But seriously when I heard Bowmen say he could find himself in a race like the Coxplate down the track 

I think thats getting a little bit carried away 

Djebel and Bowmen sound like they hang out together maybe LOL

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 5:35pm
Not this year he said. Bit of banter about his sire, grain of salt stuff, but he did suggest Calculated had a bit of quality about him going forward.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 6:10pm
This might interest you Djebel.

http://www.racingnsw.com.au/article-display/Bowman-Predicts-Big-Future-For-Plunge-Colt/23240

The Chris Waller-trained Calculated earned very high praise from champion jockey Hugh Bowman after breaking his maiden at Canterbury in the TAB Handicap (1200m).

The So You Think two-year-old, soon to be three, was backed into $1.65 with TAB Fixed Odds after opening $2.70 on Wednesday morning and from $4.40 bet in the first market on Monday afternoon.

“He didn’t settle too well for me midrace and I thought that might happen because he wanted to get on with it in his second trial. He has got to learn to relax in the middle stages. When he does, and he will, he is going to have a very bright future,” Bowman said.

“I think he is a miler but he is still immature and it was only his second start today. When that nervous energy leaves him, because he is a very sensible horse and not hard to handle, he has certainly got what it takes.

“His father won the Cox Plate as a three-year-old as we all know and although I wouldn’t imagine he’d be winning this year’s Cox Plate, it wouldn’t surprise me if he gets there in the future.”

It wasn’t an easy watch for punters who took the short quote with Calculated warming to the task to reel in the leaders before holding off a late charge from the second-placed Brave Song, who produced an exceptional debut for Team Snowden.

“He only won by a small margin but I think it will be a good form race,” Waller said, “He is all quality and he still hasn’t learnt what it is all about yet.”

“Being a short-priced favourite we had to bustle him a little bit but I think when you give him the chance to be a horse he’ll settle down and go to the next level.

“You take a lot of confidence out of the sire he is by in So You Think. You’d be thinking a mile would be easy for him. The So You Thinks are really good stock they just need time and that’s what they’ll get.

“His eyes are poking out of his head but he has got the brain to cope with it.”

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 6:48pm
Heard the eyes poking out of his head bit from CW straight after the race, presumed he'd had a tough run but on reflection it's pretty obvious what he meant. Odd turn of phrase - unless it's a kiwi thing?

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:02pm
Just that everything was a big deal for the horse and the whole occasion has his eyes popping out of his head. He's very green, I think Waller has a good point there. Interesting Waller said that may have been the case, but he has the brain to cope with all the stimulation. Suggests he has shown them his intelligence at home, and you often hear how the really good ones are intelligent.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:12pm
Pretty much spot on Sunline, some take it in their stride, some others over awed, any PA system at the trials? if not this may have perked him up along with a smack around the bum, until today he may have thought this was all a joke.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm
I missed the mounting yard, presume he was taking it all in, but Lizzie reckoned he took it all in his stride like an old hand. Seemed very relaxed behind the barrier. Main thing is he's taken his first step. A very long road ahead if he's going to challenge the better horses.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Just that everything was a big deal for the horse and the whole occasion has his eyes popping out of his head. He's very green, I think Waller has a good point there. Interesting Waller said that may have been the case, but he has the brain to cope with all the stimulation. Suggests he has shown them his intelligence at home, and you often hear how the really good ones are intelligent.

Will be much more settled when they geld him & bring him back next prep.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 8:58pm
Don't dare say the G word, djebel will be ropeable

-------------

Posted By: Speediskey
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:38pm
Definitely looks like he could benefit from being gelded.

Don't worry, Djebel, I'm joking.

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 10:58pm
No bloody why, no should ever be gelded. Ever

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:02pm
That's his tail.

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Well done guys. 
No deductions win or place odds. Too good to be true.

I thought there might have been a protest for interference at the top of the straight but not to be.
Yes, because I was on Brave Song. $4.40 the place is acceptable though.
A little dirty I didn't plonk on the quinella. $11.60.

Good win in the end though. Very green still so will benefit plenty from the run. He'll need to.

Just have to say Scamanda I had my first bet in a while today on Brave Song. Win only. Purely because a) you liked it and you're a freakish judge of 2/3 year olds and b) I thought Waller would have bigger fish to fry with his good one.
Luckily I followed it up with a win bet on Sasso Corbaro, thinking Soothing was hyped.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:00am
Sor Gov and Speediskey, I will talk to you outside. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:01am
Sir Evil Smile

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:12am

Sor Gov and Speediskey, I will talk to you outside. 

Had a bit a syrup have we.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 10:59am

https://twitter.com/EmLCully" rel="nofollow -    https://twitter.com/EmLCully/status/882441135959887874" rel="nofollow - 19h

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: kavg
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 11:34am
Congrats Djebel and others. I've just caught up with replay and can't believe there was no protest. 

I know that Catesby caused the 1st interference on Godolphin horse but Godolphin horse was more than a length in front of Calculated who over-reacted and bumped Brave Song. 

Glad most of you had a win and feel a bit for Scamanda who i think backed runner up.

-------------
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:20pm
Nah. Minor bump which made little if any difference to Brave Spring's momentum. Had 200m to get past but couldn't. Head on (late in the replay) showed why Bowman pulled him off. Calculated was reacting to the reins/bit.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 12:29pm
I must admit I am surprised there was not at least a shot at the stumps.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:24pm
Minor bump 3bm! 

I've seen protests lodged and upheld for a lot less. Including no bump but intimidation.Considering Brave Song was 3/4 length behind at the bump at the 250m mark and was then a length behind at the 200m mark and to then finish 0.2 behind at the end makes me believe that a protest should have been fired in and that if jockey/trainer didn't then the stewards should have.

-------------
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 1:57pm
I understand what you're saying kavg but obviously the jockey and connections thought the runner up had her chance over the last furlong. The horses were neck and neck when the shift occurred, Calculated sprinted that bit better but to her credit Brave Song just kept coming. It was a very good run, just not good enough on the day.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 2:21pm
I think Snowden took in to consideration that others were involved in the interference.
Someone like Craig Williams would have protested.

The winner too good on the day.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:02pm
Read the stewards report. They watched the replay with the stewards, and both agreed the interference was caused by another horse and there was a chain reaction. Both agreed no grounds for objection.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:03pm
If I had backed the winner I would have been very worried and then extremely relieved. 
If I backed the runner-up I would have been fairly confident and then very frustrated.

I understand what you are both saying but if you have a look at the front on, Calculated (and/or Bowman) over-reacts. He doesn't cop a bump, he is only intimidated and goes out 2 horses interfering with Brave Song. Brave Song lost at least 0.25 and probably 0.5 length plain and simple.

Watching it again I am pretty certain that Bowman anticipates the problem ahead of him and pulls the rein to shift out, consequently impeding Brave Song. It is not the fault of the other interference or even Calculated's inexperience and further reason for a protest to be lodged by jockey or steward. As much as I love Bowman he probably should have copped a suspension.

-------------
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:11pm
Last sentence is ott kavg. Bowman saw what was happening inside him so took evasive action. Pure speculation but had he just continued on he may have galloped on Catesby's hindquarters. Ironically it looked like Avdulla on the other Waller entry caused the side shuffle.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:14pm
Stewards:
Brave Song – the declaration of correct weight was delayed to enable App N Heywood and co-trainer Mr P Snowden to view the patrol films of the home straight in relation to Brave Song (placed second) to ascertain whether or not there were grounds for an objection. It was established that shortly after straightening, Blazeray (B Avdulla), which had been held up, endeavoured to shift out around the heels of League Of Nations and in so doing, made contact with Catesby, resulting in Catesby being taken wider and impeding Calculated. Calculated then shifted out and hampered Brave Song. When App Heywood and Mr P Snowden were satisfied there were no grounds for an objection, and the Stewards were of a similar view, correct weight was declared. At a subsequently inquiry, B Avdulla was reprimanded. On jumping, Brave Song was crowded between Choice Harvest, which was hampered and carried out by Blazeray which began awkwardly and shifted out

Posted By: Magnolian Khan
Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:31pm
I sincerely hope this hype does not backfire

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 3:54pm
Ha ha.  Yes the amount of discussion is well beyond the performance. I'm certainly not getting carried away despite Hughie's comments. He scrambled home in a midweeker at Canterbury over what was probably an unsuitable distance. Upside looks good though and not much doubt we need a big boost in our male 3yo ranks. Hopefully the next few months will see some exciting young horses emerge.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 4:05pm
I leave it with having seen protests lodged and upheld for a lot less interference.

Agree with over-hyping. Whilst they have improvement within them they have a long way to go before being a match for Royal Symphony or Godolphin's Special K.

-------------
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

I leave it with having seen protests lodged and upheld for a lot less interference.

Agree with over-hyping. Whilst they have improvement within them they have a long way to go before being a match for Royal Symphony or Godolphin's Special K.

Whoo is Special K ? 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 5:36pm
Can't tell you until we get on djebel.  Actually I haven't got a clue who he's referring to.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:07pm

Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

Whoo is Special K ? 

Kementari , the fav for the Golden Rose.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:08pm
Too good Scamanda...

-------------
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:09pm
And I'm pretty sure they won't geld this one Djebel...

-------------
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:26pm
Thumbs Up

Both colts could prove better than Calculated and I will still be right with my original spruik Smile They are both very smart exciting prospects.

Some really good non black type performed rising 3yos seen so far. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 6:32pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 06 Jul 2017 at 8:15pm
My opinion only, he looks very foalish to my eye. April derby horse all going well.

Posted By: Gee Gee
Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:49pm
He's a handsome colt. Certainly has dad's looks!

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:04pm
I agree with you both lovely to look at but such a big baby.  He has a long way to go if he can perform to his pedigree.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:57pm
Looking for excuses already but I do not like them backing him up so soon Thumbs Down #Typical

Race 1 - 11:30AM #THERACES HANDICAP (1400 METRES)Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting
Of $100,000.1st $54,000, 2nd $19,000, 3rd $9,000, 4th $4,500, 5th $2,500, 6th $2,000, 7th $2,000, 8th $2,000, 9th $2,000, 10th $2,000, Equine Welfare Fund $1,000. 
Starter Subsidy $200. 
Handicap, Minimum Weight 53kg, Two-Years-Old, Apprentices can claim.
BOBS Bonus available: $20,000

Track Type: Turf 

Field Limit: 13 + 4 EM

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
1167x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTE2MTI3NDM2MDg%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MjQyMzkxNjEwNDQ%3d" rel="nofollow - COLESBERG BOBS Bonus Scheme http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MTI3MjgyNzI4MA%3d%3d&trainername=David+Payne" rel="nofollow - David Payne http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTE4ODg0OTEyMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Glyn Schofield 558kg
26x1 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTE2MDY3NDk4MDA%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MjQyMjM1ODgyNjA%3d" rel="nofollow - CALCULATED BOBS Bonus Scheme http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MzIzNDA2MjQ%3d&trainername=Chris+Waller" rel="nofollow - Chris Waller http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=NDg1MDYzMDQ%3d" rel="nofollow - Hugh Bowman 156kg
332 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTE2MDI1NjI0NzI%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MjQyNDUwNTA2MzI%3d" rel="nofollow - CONDOR BOBS Bonus Scheme http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MjY5OTA2NjQ%3d&trainername=Paul+Perry" rel="nofollow - Paul Perry http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=NTIzOTI1NTI%3d" rel="nofollow - Corey Brown 856kg
41 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTE2MTMxMDQ5MDQ%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MjQyNDQzMzI2NzI%3d" rel="nofollow - SIEGE OF QUEBEC BOBS Bonus Scheme http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=Mjc5ODQyMjg%3d&trainername=Gai+Waterhouse+%26+Adrian+Bott" rel="nofollow - Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTY4MDY1MTcyMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Tommy Berry 455.5kg
53 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTE2MDc4ODIzMjQ%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MjQyNDM0Mzg2OTY%3d" rel="nofollow - ALMIGHTY BOBS Bonus Scheme http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MTI1NTA5MTM1Mg%3d%3d&trainername=Peter+%26+Paul+Snowden" rel="nofollow - Peter & Paul Snowden http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - 755kg
643 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTE2MDUyMjgxODg%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MjQyMzc1NDIxNjA%3d" rel="nofollow - STONE BOBS Bonus Scheme http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NDc3MTY0Mjc1Njg%3d&trainername=James+Cummings" rel="nofollow - James Cummings http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTg4NDc2MzExNg%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Jason Collett 654.5kg
76x41 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTE2MTc1NDIzNjA%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MjQyMzY3MTA3MTY%3d" rel="nofollow - TENNESSEE TANGO BOBS Bonus Scheme http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MTg1Mjc5NzY4NA%3d%3d&trainername=John+P+Thompson" rel="nofollow - John P Thompson http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTQyMjMwMTkyMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Tim Clark 354kg
805 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTE2MDM2MzcwOTY%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MjQyNDUwNDgzMTY%3d" rel="nofollow - WINNER’S LANE BOBS Bonus Scheme http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MjY5OTA2NjQ%3d&trainername=Paul+Perry" rel="nofollow - Paul Perry http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - 253kg

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:10pm
Condor and Tenessee Tango will be good tests for him.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:12pm
I am thinking the gelding. 

It is quite a strong race.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 1:19pm
Doubt Colesburg can give him weight and fitness myself.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:28pm
If he can't win this then they forget about the Cox Plate

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:28pm
Can forget*

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:37pm
I'm sure that's tongue in cheek MK but in case someone comes in late no-one's talking Cox Plates.

Posted By: crooked_gambler
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 2:42pm
Didn't the trainer and jockey mention the Cox Plate and said something like he was the next So You Think last week?

-------------
This space has been intentionally left blank

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 3:09pm
Nothing like that CG. Bowman was prompted by a tongue in cheek question from a presenter. Look back earlier in this thread if you want to know more.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:22pm
Money has come. Small ew interest the filly for me at $17

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:23pm
What a lovely colt.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:25pm
May well win but couldn't possibly take that price. Would want at least 4.5 to 5 to get interested

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:26pm
I'm having something on Colesberg

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:27pm
Shawy I do think $3+ was fair. They were never going to give us $4.5-$5.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:29pm
Just noticed the bloody Snowdens killed third divvy. @rses.

Posted By: WarriSymbol
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:33pm
every possible

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 1:33pm
Good run just not good enough on the day.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net