Print Page | Close Window

NRL 2017

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=59718
Printed Date: 18 Apr 2024 at 6:49pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: NRL 2017
Posted By: Heavy10
Subject: NRL 2017
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:11pm
Thought I would start this since the Roosters look good this year and Souths are hopeless LOL

Thanks for Keary Souths!

Broncos to beat Cows tonight and Storm to win in the wet against NZ.

Replies:
Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:16pm
Roosters fullback got a bit of class for a young bloke, what's your take Heavy 10 ?

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:19pm
Rooster centre?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Roosters fullback got a bit of class for a young bloke, what's your take Heavy 10 ?

Guess your talking about Latrell Mitchell? The Inglis clone. Super strong for a 19yo, will only get better. That one on one steal was huge last night.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:37pm
Michael Gordon was bought for this year to play fullback to move Latrell Mitchell to the centres to take pressure off him. Enormous talent 

-------------

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:48pm
And Kenny Edwards gets the NRL season off to its typical start:  

NRL player suspended indefinitely after admitting domestic assault

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:55pm
Maybe he should have contacted Mick Gatto's dispute settlement service rather than sorting it himselfEmbarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:02pm
  LOL

Though, like Essendon, the miscreant was probably just trying to keep matters "in-house".

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Michael Gordon was bought for this year to play fullback to move Latrell Mitchell to the centres to take pressure off him. Enormous talent 

Thanks PT, didn't realise they signed a new f/b, when I saw MG with the kicking duties
should have woke , ah well senior moments, your' s to come.

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:38pm
In my usual tipping comp this year. Woeful start but still in the last man standing component. Went Warriors last week and the Roosters last night. 15 of 17 survived last week with 8 of those going Roosters last night.

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:48pm

No doubt Mitchell has "enormous talent". Unfortunately he is an extremely lazy player with a tendency to put himself out of position in defence. His game revolves around speed / agility & he has a history of easily putting on weight.....something that I think will impact him . My prediction is that his NRL career will be relatively short ( max age 25 years ) !

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:48pm

Thanks PT, didn't realise they signed a new f/b, when I saw MG with the kicking duties
should have woke , ah well senior moments, your' s to come.

Fun fact for us more mature members who remember her, young Latrell was born Latrell Goolagong and changed his surname along with his brothers to Mitchell(his father's name) after the family had a falling out with aunty Evonne 

-------------

Posted By: cabosanlucas
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:58pm
gordon was also bought to solve the goal kicking y good player in his own right.

yep, latrell is lazy and needs to learn to stay in the game and position himself better at nrl level. he was lazy in holden cup as well apparently. natural talent.

roosters have talent and points in them all over the park. Game management and closing out a lead might be there problem. class side though, big improvers this year. where is dale copley? If not injured and cant make squad...send him over to saints. good tough kid with skill. needs to protect his melon and stop charging in to tackle with it in the wrong spot. his only vice.

dogs were good. have been beaten by two good sides. theyl get better and a win aint far off. they look a much better team this year despite the 0-2 record.

Posted By: Delta Deel
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:00pm
Warriors will win this, broncs will win in Brissie. Cowboys ordinary record at suncorp

-------------
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

No doubt Mitchell has "enormous talent". Unfortunately he is an extremely lazy player with a tendency to put himself out of position in defence. His game revolves around speed / agility & he has a history of easily putting on weight.....something that I think will impact him . My prediction is that his NRL career will be relatively short ( max age 25 years ) !

Interesting thoughts oneonesit, I will watch, had no idea on his quirks, I'm a fringe looker now, haven't stoically followed a team since Souths in the fifties, Churchill, Moir, big Jack,
and my favourite halfback Col Donahue fwiw.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:24pm
If you have seen Latrell's brothers you would think he missed out at the dinner table at home. Both signed with Roosters I believe, front rowers

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

If you have seen Latrell's brothers you would think he missed out at the dinner table at home. Both signed with Roosters I believe, front rowers

Might get a big " Artie" out of one of them you reckon?

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:54pm

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 8:12pm
Thanks heavy 10 , bit of brawn there, will watch.

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:22pm

haven't stoically followed a team since Souths in the fifties, Churchill, Moir, big Jack,

Christ almighty mate. You have some mileage on you

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

haven't stoically followed a team since Souths in the fifties, Churchill, Moir, big Jack,

Christ almighty mate. You have some mileage on you

It's all there on my members page Shrunk in the Wash, always loved league , all sport for that matter, great memories.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:17pm
Another pearler of a game between broncs and cows.

herman ese'ese. put that kid in your blackbook.

Date Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:23pm
How about the forward passes!

Posted By: Delta Deel
Date Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 2:56pm
Knights to beat Titans 1-12 @ $3.75, Jarryd Hayne to score 2+ tries @ $7.00

-------------
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/

Posted By: TIGER
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 4:12am
Manly for the spoon

-------------
EAD

Posted By: jujuno
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 6:06pm
a week is a long time in the NRL...ask Penrith, Tigers, Newcastle and Souths...

don't think I'm going to hang around this chook-fest very long...Censored

and yes, Heavy, you are lucky with Keary...I was one of very few Rabbit supporters to lament his loss...he is a sharp little player...enjoy...

-------------
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 11:31am
Parra will put 60 on the Titans this week

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

In my usual tipping comp this year. Woeful start but still in the last man standing component. Went Warriors last week and the Roosters last night. 15 of 17 survived last week with 8 of those going Roosters last night.

Well tipping doesn't get much worse than this! 2 from 8 in rd 1 and backed it up with 1 from 8 in rd 2! The only way is up! But hey, I'm still in the last man standing part of the comp with 8 others.

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 10:05pm

Well tipping doesn't get much worse than this! 2 from 8 in rd 1 and backed it up with 1 from 8 in rd 2! The only way is up! But hey, I'm still in the last man standing part of the comp with 8 others.

Went Storm in the last man standing. Got lucky at the end with that one. Only one in the Comp to take them so hopping for a few upsets later in the round to clean a few of the other 8 out.

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:12am
https://twitter.com/Gus10Gould" rel="nofollow - - -   - @Gus10Gould    https://twitter.com/Gus10Gould/status/842664420387905537" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/Gus10Gould/status/842664420387905537" rel="nofollow -
< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" ="" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: -2px -9px 0px 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; -: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; : relative;">
More

Crikey ... A lot of people tipping Titans .. I would never have imagined that

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:13am
another upset...with a lot of people tipping it...

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:40am
Good to see Ryan James trying to milk penalties and go off under the concussion rule when clearly not concussed

Parra are woeful without Norman, they couldn't beat a patched up Titans side

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 11:50pm
Im declaring this...cowboys cannot win comp and could miss top 8

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:52am
Cows are on the decline, they are lacking that punch in the forwards, big Jason T can't do it all on his own once he gets back

They looked flat though after last weeks performance, everyone was off their game

-------------
EAD

Posted By: Gettingbigger
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:09am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Cows are on the decline, they are lacking that punch in the forwards, big Jason T can't do it all on his own once he gets back

They looked flat though after last weeks performance, everyone was off their game

2 extra point games in a row and with all the injuries you would expect them to struggle , although I agree the won't win the GF this year.

What about the Panthers / Roosters game that was a great contest , pity about the linesman needing glasses Ouch 

-------------
Say nothing once why say it again

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 8:37am
Panthers/Roosters game was a cracker, pity the game ended like it did with officials having a say in the outcome

Sharks should beat the Dragons today

Raiders should put the cleaners through the Tigers

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Gettingbigger Gettingbigger wrote:

2 extra point games in a row and with all the injuries you would expect them to struggle , although I agree the won't win the GF this year.

What about the Panthers / Roosters game that was a great contest , pity about the linesman needing glasses Ouch 

2 forward passes= 2 tries for the chooks...

how much influence do Taumololo and Scott have? to let Manly run amok...Ouch

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:59am

Panthers/Roosters game was a cracker, pity the game ended like it did with officials having a say in the outcome

Sharks should beat the Dragons today

Raiders should put the cleaners through the Tigers

nothing is certain anymore...

-------------

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 11:27am
How many top players are already out with serious injuries? There will be nobody left by SOO.

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 5:10pm
That thug George Burgess should think himself lucky he is only getting 2 weeks for his cowardly elbow

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:40pm

That thug George Burgess should think himself lucky he is only getting 2 weeks for his cowardly elbow

he should be thoroughly ashamed of the whole debacle of a game...I'd give him six weeks...please...

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:51pm
Giving him the requisite six weeks would presumably bring the game into disrepute.  Ouch

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:40am

Went Storm in the last man standing. Got lucky at the end with that one. Only one in the Comp to take them so hopping for a few upsets later in the round to clean a few of the other 8 out.

Well those upsets cleared a lot out. Only me and one other left in the last man standing part. Hanging out to win this again as with the disasterous start so far it will probably be my only chance of getting my money back this year!

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:32pm
Taylor gooooone!

Clearly guilty of missing too many tackles ...

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 2:34pm
Andrew Webster to take over as interim head coach

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 6:36pm

Andrew Webster to take over as interim head coach

Was only a matter of time before i happened , when you have 4 of your better players who won't sign until they know who the coach will be says it all , love or hate Robbie Farah he deserved better than what he got from the Tigers. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:33pm
Hasnt got a great track record now Taylor, surely no more NRL head coaching jobs will come his way. Tigers need to pounce on Cleary

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:05pm
It amuses me when boards make braindead useless appointments, back them to the hilt for years, then think the problem is fixed when they finally sack them. They are the problem. They have guaranteed that the next coach will fail with their salary cap screwups.

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:16am
And here I was thinking Mary and Des would go before Taylor

Anyways hope Cleary takes over and puts the cleaners through the joint

Brooks is not worth 600k+ that he thinks he is worth....kid is lucky to be in first grade, absolute rubbish

-------------
EAD

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 7:51am
Ditto for his mate, Moses

Posted By: Sharkie
Date Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:17pm
Once again the people with their eyes painted on have struck again Confused. If Keary didn't put his foot on the line getting up to play the ball I'm looking at a different game! Seriously!

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:51pm
That is legal under the rules.

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 8:56pm
Jujuno should be able to clear this up, being a referees ticket holder, but I thought that between held and playing the ball the ball wasn't in play, so touching the sideline between those things wasn't out. The touchie was right there looking at it

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Mar 2017 at 10:29pm

Well those upsets cleared a lot out. Only me and one other left in the last man standing part. Hanging out to win this again as with the disasterous start so far it will probably be my only chance of getting my money back this year!

Took Roosters in last man standing tonight so no we sit and wait to see what the other guy does. Here's hoping for an upset in the Panthers/Knights game tomorrow night as I'd expect him to go for Panthers since they are the shortest priced favs of the round.

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:35pm

Jujuno should be able to clear this up, being a referees ticket holder, but I thought that between held and playing the ball the ball wasn't in play, so touching the sideline between those things wasn't out. The touchie was right there looking at it

exactly right...you can step over the sideline getting to your feet, so long as you resume playing the ball in the playing field...

it's actually a strange rule because if someone interferes with the person getting up to play the ball the infraction is of course valid... 

a bit contrary...

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Mar 2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Sharkie Sharkie wrote:

Once again the people with their eyes painted on have struck again Confused. If Keary didn't put his foot on the line getting up to play the ball I'm looking at a different game! Seriously!

I would have been happy if they'd noticed Reynolds being elbowed off his feet after kicking the ball into the chooks in-goal...

my daughter, who doesn't even like football, saw it and said "isn't that wrong?"

yes dear, but don't expect the refs to do anything about it...

Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Mar 2017 at 6:32am
And here I was thinking the Tigers are crap

Des surely the next to go as the Dogs get smashed by Manly

I also hear whispers that the Dogs are after the Tigers 4 off contract players, do they have a cap?. They can have Brooks he is rubbish while hands off Tedesco and Woods and Moses well I'm still thinking he is like a box of chocolates

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 27 Mar 2017 at 1:07pm

Took Roosters in last man standing tonight so no we sit and wait to see what the other guy does. Here's hoping for an upset in the Panthers/Knights game tomorrow night as I'd expect him to go for Panthers since they are the shortest priced favs of the round.

Still the two of us left after the Panthers demolition job. On we go to round 5.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:03am
well that was a turnaround in form , the difference was the halves stood up , Frawley how calm was he for his debut game , at 22 he looks to have a bright future.

-------------

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:50am
Weather was the difference, bought teams closer together. WOuldnt be surprised if Manly go close tonight if similar conditions 

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:33am
klemmers stats say he was the man last night.

adrian tolman, usually mocked as just an easy toiler was my best on the field. he did all the hard runs and defence. worked his backside off.

Date Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:18am

Still the two of us left after the Panthers demolition job. On we go to round 5.

Have taken Cowboys tonight. Give them strength!

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 2:29pm

Cooper Cronk announces Melbourne Storm departure months after signing contract extension

Updated 21 minutes ago

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-04/cooper-cronk-leaves-melbourne-storm/8413510?section=sport" rel="nofollow - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-04/cooper-cronk-leaves-melbourne-storm/8413510?section=sport

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 6:46pm
Been a great stalwart for the Storm, one of the best half backs I've seen in my years,
ain't love grand and I don't blame him one bit, hasn't left yet but all the best for the future
Coops!

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 7:20pm
super playmaker. i was hoping saints snagged him when his future was speculated on last year. Alas, they have ben hunt. who will get cooper???... dogs, sharks, parra, tigers?

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

super playmaker. i was hoping saints snagged him when his future was speculated on last year. Alas, they have ben hunt. who will get cooper???... dogs, sharks, parra, tigers?

He would look alright in the blue & white Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Gettingbigger Gettingbigger wrote:

He would look alright in the blue & white Big smile

have the dogs got any cap space to get him? not that it matters at times

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:34pm
a couple of players are coming of contract at the end of the year so could make room one would think if you want a high quality halfback which they need 

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 10:45pm
Can only seeing him playing for a team that is close to a premiership, can't see him spending last year or two rebuilding a team. Out of the teams that are closest to a premiership and that need him I would say the Eels. I actually think he will retire, but will be interesting to watch.

Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 8:25am
At 33 retirement looks likely , he has a future at Fox sports as a presenter which he would do quite well at.
But if he chooses to play on then there will be several clubs looking to see if they can convince him to go to their club . what would be his asking price ? 1m+ , and of those clubs who would have the space in their salary cap.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:34pm
Don't tell me Robbie Farah is going to be NSW's hooker again. Because he's got SOO experience- vast experience: at losing.Cry

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 10:53pm
gus gould saying cronk will undo his legacy by playing for another club is total crap.

his legacy is set in stone regardless of what he does.

Date Posted: 06 Apr 2017 at 11:51pm
Cronk and all of the other Melbourne Storm mercenaries, liars, frauds, crooks and cheats will be remembered forever, for all of the right reasonsAngry 

-------------

Posted By: Afros
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 7:20am

gus gould saying cronk will undo his legacy by playing for another club is total crap.

his legacy is set in stone regardless of what he does.

The flip side is if he goes to someone like Parramatta or Wests and wins a comp he'll enhance his legacy, I'd doubt he'll go around again but just because I doubt he'd want to play anywhere else.

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 2:28pm

Still the two of us in it after he took Sharks last week. Close but they couldn't quite get rolled. We move on again and have taken Cowboys. Suspect he will do the same.

Posted By: horseshoe
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:26pm
2 year contract with fox sport=Cooper Cronk

-------------
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:02am
Originally posted by horseshoe horseshoe wrote:

2 year contract with fox sport=Cooper Cronk

Inevitable horseshoe, will be a great addition to the ranks although it's become a real boys club now, I think this will be his last competitive year, do your best to win the comp.
get married and relax, that's the way I see this fwiw.

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:06am
Will he get his nose straightened? I hope so, hard to look anywhere else when his mug is on TV

Date Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:27am

Will he get his nose straightened? I hope so, hard to look anywhere else when his mug is on TV

Ah the scars of war Heavy 10 , I think he might have to get it knocked into shape, can be a problem with snoring down the line methinks , but love is blind they say the young lady may not have noticed.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2017 at 10:30am

Still the two of us in it after he took Sharks last week. Close but they couldn't quite get rolled. We move on again and have taken Cowboys. Suspect he will do the same.

Both of us took coybows so both out. I guess that means we split the prize which I'm happy with given it's likely to be my only collect this year.

Posted By: horseshoe
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 5:47pm
Jack Bird is officially a Bronco

-------------
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 5:52pm
And Shaun Johnson who was coached by Ivan Cleary is being offered a multi million dollar deal by the Wests  Tigers

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 11:00am

And Shaun Johnson who was coached by Ivan Cleary is being offered a multi million dollar deal by the Wests  Tigers

Touch footy player, a lot like Benji, no structure what so ever but when on song is untouchable. Don't think he will leave the Warriors anyway and would be asking for way too much than what he is actually worth.

Hope the Tigers don't sign him or Reynolds from the dogs for that matter.

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:27pm
Righto , Bunnies and the Doggies, rabbits the topical tip seeing it's Easter but a close game I reckon, bunnies by 2 points, interesting to see how the two " poms " match up.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:43pm

Righto , Bunnies and the Doggies, rabbits the topical tip seeing it's Easter but a close game I reckon, bunnies by 2 points, interesting to see how the two " poms " match up.

lot of love at the coin toss-up...

don't think Sammy ever forgets 2014...

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 7:41pm
they get what they deserve, Souths...play soft-shoe all day just expecting to win...

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

they get what they deserve, Souths...play soft-shoe all day just expecting to win...

They have to realise there are TWO halfs of football, complete capitulation!!

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:11pm

they have to realise that every game needs to be played hard and with speed...speed of playing the ball, passing and of foot...

they turn on this "soft-shoe-shuffle" rubbish week three weeks out of four...then look shocked when they lose...

Josh Reynolds outsmarted them easily...especially running into a loitering Sutton, costing a possible comeback try...

dumb football...knew after twenty minutes they were going to mess it up...

Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:11pm

Any how not tipping anymore, got the irrets !

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:14pm
not that it really matters...both sides are slow, cumbersome and won't make the top 8...

and George Burgess needs to go and take care of his new baby...for about ten weeks...

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:16pm
should have been 20-15 with about ten mins to go. Soufs ripped a try. reynolds milked it.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:26pm

should have been 20-15 with about ten mins to go. Soufs ripped a try. reynolds milked it.

Sutton should have made sure he was out of the way...milked it, yes, but very cleverly...

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 8:49pm

Sutton should have made sure he was out of the way...milked it, yes, but very cleverly...

True, sutton is lazy. Played one year too long.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 9:40pm
the worst part of losing is having to hear Madge's excuses and bluster..."we learned that if we keep doing things right we will get there .." is today's piece of insanity...

where will we get? to the wrong end of the comp?

puleeease

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 10:33pm
Ronny Coote could have played blindfolded today and got motm imo,.......well for Souths
anyway.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 12:19am
Feel sorry for the Titans, they busted their gut tonight. Hate those Broncos

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 12:34am

Feel sorry for the Titans, they busted their gut tonight. Hate those Broncos

no justice in football...and everyone hates the Broncos...

still need their salary cap investigated...Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 10:36am
Only decent things going for Souths at present are the halves who are brilliant and Sam Burgess and Crichton in the forwards, very average everywhere else, but once they get rid of the dead wood they will be fine.

Broncos very lucky to win that last night, Titans played well but it's becoming too much of a habit with them

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 1:24pm
Danger game for dragons v nth qld.

no thurston or the gun hooker for cowboys....but i hope we dont drop off intensity thinking we have it in the bag, being at kogarah.

saints forwards are winning games full stop. widdop getting plenty of praise...dont be fooled. watch widdop where its 50/50 in the forwards, or the game is on the line with 10-15mins to go. He is hopeless, he cant game manage. he'l play for himself. saints still have the slowest and worst kicking halves in the comp. Mcrone simply cant kick to save himself. widdop not much better. the tigers gifted widdop the other week.

i see this .....since mary is not involved in recruitment, ian millward has pegged dugan as a center, not a FB. for one reason - to cut his asking price tag or force him out. centers are on less $. i would be looking to replace widdop too. maybe he stays if they cant find a replacement. I can see the argument to show dugan the door...big money for a FB who doesnt ball play and is injury prone. if they could get a tedesco...it would be better for the balance of the squad. but again...you dont punt players if you cant replace them.

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 2:13pm
Oh for another " changa" Langlands eh Cabo, or even a Noel Pidding, glory days!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net