Forum Description: General discussion about thoroughbred horse racing
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=58619
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 8:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: So Si Bon
Posted By: winx
Subject: So Si Bon
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:05pm
Before the horse got back to scale yesterday after his unlucky run, Robbie received a phone call from Singapore. Glen Boss trying to get the derby ride.

Should be winning the derby imo

-------------
She's a wrecking ball WINX

Replies:
Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:16pm
I guess all the 3yos will have had somilar preps so he is as likely as any.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Einstein
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:26pm
Was unlucky yesterday. Had he got out, he may have won. Beautiful horse, so much like his sire.

Posted By: Sunline
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 2:28pm
Would not have won but should have been in the finish. I have liked him (and backed him) for some time. Not a fan of Laing but he can train a good horse to win a Derby.

If you get a well bred 3yo with stamina in the pedigree and he's hitting the line in a Guineas like that, he is usually very hard to beat in the Derby all things being equal.

Swear might be the one he has to beat.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 4:42pm
I thought the form from Sydney would be okay but the way Yankee Rose cleaned them up yesterday not so sure, although she is a star.

His run yesterday was as good if not better than Tarzino's in the guineas last year. Cracking sort and if he continues to improve he is the derby winner.

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Posted By: Beliskner
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 9:42pm
I'm a big fan.

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 9:54pm
So Si Bon has already had 5 starts at 1600m and less in 5 months of racing.

Black Minx herself was a good mare to 1200m

I tend to think So Si Bon will have had enough by the time the Derby comes around.

As a fan of So You Think I hope I am wrong.

I think ultimately this COLT will be very good when kept fresh and raced between 1400 and 1600m.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Beliskner
Date Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 10:25pm
One thing about Laing, he is unconventional, so if anybody can pull off something a bit quirky, it'll be him.  I mean anybody who can win a VRC Derby with a $4,000 yearling from a terrible stallion must go alright.

Also random note, Laing apparently has fair few SYT's, so if they end up going very well as a breed, Laing might have a big few years.

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 1:38pm
Next start will be the vase and then into the derby

Ollie booked to ride

Date Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 4:21pm
Ohno :( Would of rathered Boss out of those 2.

Posted By: SkyDancer
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 2:23pm
I like him as place chance today

Think he'll be hard to beat over the 2500 next week

Posted By: Rosscoe
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 4:53pm
Fantastic trial, wins the Derby!

-------------
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega

Posted By: Delta Deel
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 4:54pm
Good luck beating the winner Rosscoe, he had every excuse to be beaten but got it done. This horse is a beautiful type though. A proper beauty

-------------
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

Carries my money for sure.

Posted By: JudgeHolden
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 4:57pm
Will love Flemington. 

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

Good luck beating the winner Rosscoe, he had every excuse to be beaten but got it done. This horse is a beautiful type though. A proper beauty

The Big track of Flemington DD suits this horse. He's a big track horse.

All over him like Winx today ....

-------------

Posted By: marscay
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2016 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

Hope you're right Sir Wink

Posted By: Magnolian Khan
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 9:18am
With Oliver suspended they have booked Bowman to ride in the derby

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 10:10am
He rode champion mare Winx to her record breaking Cox Plate victory last Saturday and this weekend Hugh Bowman will partner a horse that ran a quicker sectional on the same card So Si Bon in the 2016 Victoria Derby.

Hugh Bowman
Triple Victoria Derby winning hoop Hugh Bowman (pictured aboard Flippant) is booked to ride So Si Bon in the 2016 edition this Saturday at Flemington. Photo: Daniel Costello.
A beautifully bred son of So You Think, who was the last dual Cox Plate champion in 2009-10 before Winx showed off with an eight length title defence last weekend, the Robbie Laing-trained So Si Bon also ran at the Valley on Cox Plate Day.

The colt finished 1.75 lengths back for third behind the Kiwi-trained winner Sacred Elixir in the Group 2 Moonee Valley Vase (2040m) with apprentice Michael Dee in the saddle.

His Cranbourne-based trainer Laing said there were excuses aplenty for his horse in the run and was impressed with what So Si Bon showed late in the piece.

“If you swap the runs with Sacred Elixir, my colt nearly would’ve won,” Laing told Racing Victoria on Sunday.

“He showed a ton of guts, and stuck on when Sacred Elixir kicked a length and a half clear.”

So Si Bon has won just one of his six career starts to date and Laing confirmed he would run in his second elite level on the short seven day back-up into the $1.5 million Group 1 AAMI Victoria Derby (2500m) at Flemington this Saturday.

Laing was hoping the rain stayed away from Melbourne over the week heading towards Derby Day as So Si Bon also failed to perform at his best in the Vase on a Soft-rated track.

“I knew he wouldn’t handle the wet,” he added.

Two back the youngster ran under two lengths away fifth to Divine Prophet in the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas (1600m), and the VRC Derby will be his second look at the Flemington track.

In the Moonee Valley Vase, So Si Bon finished his final 600m sectional in 36.80 seconds.

Laing was quick to point out that was a faster time than Winx (37.47) bolted home over the final 600m for her eight length Cox Plate success.

“My bloke in his last 600m went home a second [0.63s] quicker than Winx,” he said.

In the past 14 years, the Moonee Valley Vase has produced eight Victoria Derby winners.

The latest was Tarzino (3rd in 2015) 12 months ago, who was the first since the ill-fated Lion Tamer (2nd in 2010).

The Vase – Derby double hasn’t been achieved since Efficient (2006) and this Melbourne Cup Carnival the Tony Pike-trained Sacred Elixir is favourite to be the next.

In the latest pre-field Victoria Derby odds Sacred Elixir, who is already a Group 1 winner having taken out Brisbane’s J.J. Atkins (1600m) during the winter as a two-year-old, sits top of the markets at $3.40.

So Si Bon is the equal $8 second elect in those futures Victoria Derby betting markets with the Team Hawkes-trained Inference, another son of So You Think, whose last run was on Caulfield Cup Day when third in the Group 3 Norman Robinson Stakes (2000m).

Two of the past five VRC Derby champions backed directly off a Norman Robinson Stakes run with Sangster (2nd in 2011) and Polanski (1st in 2013) who completed the double.

Bowman has been confirmed to ride So Si Bon for the first time in the Derby, a race he has ridden three previous champions to victory in with success aboard: Lion Tamer (2010), Sangster (2011) and Polanski (2013).

The 2016 AAMI Victoria Derby field of final acceptances is due for release on Wednesday at 9:30am (AEDT).

Before then make sure you lock in your early selections at their juicy all-in prices online at Ladbrokes.com.au – home of Enhanced Odds (T&Cs apply).

Read more: http://www.races.com.au/2016/10/24/bowman-booked-for-so-si-bon-in-victoria-derby-2016/#ixzz4NxN8NuK5" rel="nofollow - http://www.races.com.au/2016/10/24/bowman-booked-for-so-si-bon-in-victoria-derby-2016/#ixzz4NxN8NuK5
Races.com.au, home of the best horse racing bonus offers

-------------

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 11:36am
Wow. I like Laing but firstly if you swap runs with the winner I doubt it would have made any difference and Sacred Eleixir had to work to find a gap at the top of the straight anyway. 

Secondly the way they burnt the turf the whole race in the Cox Plate they should be beating Winx home for the last 600m! He perhaps should have had a closer look at the times and he would have realized the first seven runners home all ran a faster last 600m than Winx!

Posted By: Sir Gov
Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 5:32pm
Leave out of your First 4.

He looks like he may need to wait until the Autumn

Posted By: Lord Hybrow
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 7:58pm
What do others make of his Aust Guineas effort on Saturday?   He seemed to finish off reasonably well over 1600m but I was expecting a bit more.  

Where is he headed next?  

Personally I think something like the G2 Alister Clark Stks over 2040m at Moonee Valley in a few weeks  might be a suitable target. He ran well at MV in the spring behind Sacred Elixir.

I suppose there's also the Rosehill Guineas in Sydney but I'm having doubts he's up to G1 standard at this point in his career.

Hope he proves me wrong but there's nothing wrong with picking off a weaker G2 at MV rather than running 4th or 5th in a G1 in Sydney.

Posted By: Bonfield
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:08pm
He rated just fine. About 0.5 below his peak of last prep. He's not a G1 quality horse. Needs to be placed better. He's only won a maiden. Trainer has no idea.

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:08pm
Alister Clark a good race?

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:11pm
A benchmark race anywhere would do him just fine.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

Alister Clark a good race?

The Alister Clark has a rich history with a great honour roll, especially in the 80's & 90's including the likes of Vo Rogue, Zabeel, Naturalism, Durbridge, Flotilla. Wow, what a great era.

But looking at recent winners, the race would have to be under pressure to maintain G2 status. But still a worthwhile target for middle distance 3yos.

But maybe djebel is right, just find a suitable BM race and get a win under his belt before any loftier targets.

Posted By: winx
Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:00pm
Laing has said that he will be running in the Rosehill guineas and then either the BMW or QE. No Derby. Been set for 2000 and wasn't expecting much in Melbourne

-------------
She's a wrecking ball WINX

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by winx winx wrote:

Laing has said that he will be running in the Rosehill guineas and then either the BMW or QE. No Derby. Been set for 2000 and wasn't expecting much in Melbourne

Thanks winx.

Hmmmm, very ambitious program for a Class 1 horse.

Date Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 9:23pm
Haha. He's dreaming.

Date Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 5:55am

This would not surprise me - Laing likely to target the Pegasus as well. 

Posted By: SYT
Date Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 6:05am

Interesting... in his pre-race updates on the horse he was rather confident, even first up.

Posted By: SYT
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 1:35pm
How poorly placed has this bloke been? Just the 1 win in 11 starts... feels like he should have a few more wins to his name

Posted By: 3blindmice
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 2:02pm
Agree. New trainer req'd

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 2:38pm
MissRock similar, having said that probably wins tomorrow.

Posted By: SkyDancer
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 3:52pm
Probably not going to change trainers anytime soon, Robbie part owns them both

Posted By: Nocturnal
Date Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 4:05pm
doesnt seem to be an owner of SSB

-------------
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:12pm
Where did he come from?

Posted By: Flight
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:14pm
The rear.  Smile

Always travelling.

-------------
“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:16pm
Jeepers, just saw the replay

HUGE

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:18pm
His dam is Black Minx, he might be better being kept fresh and 1200m.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:18pm
Knowing Robbie, he could run in the Melbourne Cup on the Tuesday and the Sprint on the Saturday

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 5:30pm
Will probably chuck him into top grade straight away again. Needs to get some wins under the belt against the lesser horses imo.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:52pm
Apparently the Epsom and Toorack are his targets.

The big question, how much racing will he do to get to those races ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Sneck
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Probably not going to change trainers anytime soon, Robbie part owns them both
Does that mean he manages the syndicate and is in full control or can the other owners decided to change trainers and ignore his complaints, hypothetically speaking because I know it won't happen. 

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 5:50pm

So Si Bon to emulate Cole Diesel?

Andrew Eddy (@fastisheddy) & Ben Asgari (@BenAsgariRacing)

3:02pm

Trainer  https://www.racing.com/trainers/robbie-laing" rel="nofollow - Robbie Laing  claims his talented four-year-old  https://www.racing.com/horses/so-si-bon" rel="nofollow - So Si Bon  is so versatile he might be able to emulate the incredible 1989 feat of Cole Diesel by winning a Toorak Handicap and then a Caulfield Cup seven days later.

So Si Bon caught the eye first-up with a slashing fresh run at Flemington and Laing said he was likely to run the horse at Caulfield on Saturday week before setting him towards the lofty Group 1 double in October.

"I might do a Cole Diesel and run him in the Toorak Handicap and then Caulfield Cup," Laing said on Tuesday.

"He can run all distances. He ran fourth in the (Victoria) Derby and I thought he was a good thing beaten. He missed the kick, gave them 15 lengths start and ran fourth."

In 1989, the Greg Mance-owned and trained Cole Diesel won the 1600-metre Toorak Handicap with a late burst and then seven days later backed up in the 2400-metre Caulfield Cup to again round up the field to score.

So Si Bon turned in an impressive first-up fresh run over 1000m at Flemington when he beat all but Sunday Escape after coming from last and Laing said he was looking to run him again on Memsie Stakes Day.

"We could see him at Caulfield over 1100 metres on Saturday. We'd love to go to the Memsie but all the good judges tell me that no way known will he get a run as he's only an 88-rater," he said.

"At the end of the day, he's only won a Pakenham maiden so he gets into races like the Bobbie Lewis and the Sir Rupert Clarke on the minimum.

"Gee, you think he'd be hard to beat over 1400 metres on the minimum in three or four weeks' time."

Laing was speaking from Moonee Valley where he took a handful of other spring hopefuls for a gallop. Afterwards he said his three-year-old  https://www.racing.com/horses/frankel-my-dear" rel="nofollow - Frankel My Dear  was set to run at the track this Saturday, along with  https://www.racing.com/horses/missrock" rel="nofollow - Missrock  and his imported stayer  https://www.racing.com/horses/darabad-fr" rel="nofollow - Darabad .

"Frankel My Dear is improving all the time," he said. "Three months ago he was flat winning an average trial but he's just improved. He went to seconds in trials and then winning trials and his run the other day was great. His last sectional was good and he's improved again.

"He put it to Missrock throughout their work this morning and I thought their work was exceptional."

Laing said Missrock is also a likely Valley runner.

"We are going to bring her forward to run on Saturday because on the Mornington Peninsula it has been so wet and we've been starved of a lot of grass gallops and I don't want to go to the races we've picked out for her in a month's time underdone," he said.

Darabad will also reappear after being gelded during his spell.

"Darabad needs to get going and so he'll run in the 1600," he said. "They'll be a bit quick for him but he's a gelding now and is far more genuine. His work is much better this time in.

"Ultimately, the Melbourne Cup (is his goal) but it's a hard race to get into so he'll have to win a Herbert Power or a Geelong Cup."

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: monty1
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 9:31pm
Does Robbie have a dartboard to plan his horses preparations? He has some of the most poorly placed horses I've seen.

I would love to know the amount of his horses that go around in races at 100/1? There are plenty and a lot of his runners finish back towards the tail of the field, his strike rate must be pretty bad.

Posted By: Sunline
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 9:41pm
Polanski must have been the second coming of Tulloch.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: scamanda
Date Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 9:58pm
I think the Toorak over 1600m is right for So Si Bon. His best run ever imo was in the Caulfield Guineas.

My only concern is the Toorak is a long way off and he might have the zip trained out of him by then.

-------------
I started with nothing and still have most of it left

Posted By: mikey
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2017 at 6:50am
Is he likely to make the field for the Rupert Clarke?

Posted By: Vivarchi
Date Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 3:34am
"So Si Bon to emulate Cole Diesel"

Hasn't been done for 30 years. Sounds like a great plan from Robbie. I guess it tickled his fancy.

Good luck to So Si Bon. Horse has a lot of talent.

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 3:36pm
Flying this prep

Posted By: scamanda
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2017 at 3:44pm
He has to be the best looking horse running around in Australia at present.

A big black bull just like his sire So You Think and his dam sire Lonhro.

-------------
I started with nothing and still have most of it left

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 8:11pm
I am on the bandwagon now. Have taken him @ $18 in the Rupert Clake & Toorak and even a bite of $151 for the Caulfield Cup.

He really looks like he is flying this spring and some of his dad's talent looks to have flowed down.

Posted By: Jamal
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 5:24pm
Is So Si Bon an automatic starter innthe Caulfield and Melbourne Cups ir does he have too win to make the fields?

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 5:37pm
He needs to get his rating up.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Is So Si Bon an automatic starter in the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups ir does he have too win to make the fields?

He's got Buckleys of being sound come November or even mid October Wink

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: Flight
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 5:50pm
1200-1600.  2000 at a max.

He is not a 2400m+ horse.

-------------
“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Flight Flight wrote:

1200-1600.  2000 at a max.

He is not a 2400m+ horse.

if they have cups plans they are going about it in a funny way, with a 1000m then an 1100m race. 

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 6:46pm
Don't forget who trains him Tlaz Wink

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 6:51pm
Main aim is the Rupert Clarke this prep.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 7:28am
He will come with a Bernborough like finish & win the Bobbie Lewis next Saturday! Then he will be contesting favouritism for the Rupert Clarke & win that convincingly, before starting a warm favourite in the Toorak Handicap and win that too! He will then become the first horse since Cole Diesel to back up & win the Caulfield Cup the following week and surpass that horses deeds by again backing up and fighting it out with Winx head and head to the post in the Cox Plate. Finally he will line up in the big one on the First Tuesday in November but I'm not sure how he will go in that! Regardless, he is about to step out of the shadows, emulate the deeds of his sire & be recognized as a great racehorse.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 8:25am
Originally posted by mikey mikey wrote:

He will come with a Bernborough like finish & win the Bobbie Lewis next Saturday! Then he will be contesting favouritism for the Rupert Clarke & win that convincingly, before starting a warm favourite in the Toorak Handicap and win that too! He will then become the first horse since Cole Diesel to back up & win the Caulfield Cup the following week and surpass that horses deeds by again backing up and fighting it out with Winx head and head to the post in the Cox Plate. Finally he will line up in the big one on the First Tuesday in November but I'm not sure how he will go in that! Regardless, he is about to step out of the shadows, emulate the deeds of his sire & be recognized as a great racehorse.

Why not throw in the Cantala & Sandown Cup.....super well placed this horse.....

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2017 at 9:14am

I'll have whatever your having thanks

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:43pm
B365 $9/$3 in the Bobby Lewis. Zahra on Lucky Hussler, Williams on SSB. 

Best renewal in years.

Race 4 - 2:15PM Bobbie Lewis Quality (1200 METRES)Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting
Of $200,000.1st $120,000, 2nd $36,000, 3rd $18,000, 4th $9,000, 5th $5,000, 6th $4,000, 7th $4,000, 8th $4,000
Prize money contribution totalling 2% will be directed to jockey and equine welfare prior to distributionGROUP 2
Quality, Minimum Weight 53kg, Four-Years-Old and Upwards, Maidens at time of entry are ineligible, Apprentices cannot claim.

Track Name: Main Track Type: Turf Track Condition: Good 3 

Field Limit: 20 + 4 EM

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
19x791x705x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzEwNjk3NDIwOA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTk3NjcwNDA%3d" rel="nofollow - LUCKY HUSSLER http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NDAyODg3Njg%3d&trainername=Darren+Weir" rel="nofollow - Darren Weir http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=NzUxMjI5NDQ%3d" rel="nofollow - Mark Zahra 1158kg111
221112x211x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzI3NTA1NDg0OA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTcwOTEzMjg%3d" rel="nofollow - SCALES OF JUSTICE http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NTgwMTAzNjg%3d&trainername=Lindsey+Smith" rel="nofollow - Lindsey Smith http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=NzM2MDg3MDQ%3d" rel="nofollow - Brad Rawiller 957.5kg110
3x5x21x105x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTY3MTU4NTE3NzY%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUxMDI5MDUzNDQ%3d" rel="nofollow - REDKIRK WARRIOR (GB) http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NDEzNjcwNDA%3d&trainername=David+%26+B+Hayes+%26+T+Dabernig" rel="nofollow - David & B Hayes & T Dabernig http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTY3NTIyNDY3ODQ%3d" rel="nofollow - Regan Bayliss 457kg109
41210x257x1 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzIxOTE5NzY5Ng%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTk3NjM3MTI%3d" rel="nofollow - VOODOO LAD http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NDAyODg3Njg%3d&trainername=Darren+Weir" rel="nofollow - Darren Weir http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjYzOTIxMDQ5Ng%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Damian Lane 256.5kg108
5111114119x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzE1NjA3ODg0OA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTk3NzAzNjg%3d" rel="nofollow - BURNING FRONT http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NDAyODg3Njg%3d&trainername=Darren+Weir" rel="nofollow - Darren Weir http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTY3NTM2NTc4NTY%3d" rel="nofollow - John Allen 756kg107
639x650980x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzI2MjEyNTU2OA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTYyODkyODA%3d" rel="nofollow - JAPONISME http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NDY0NzIxOTI%3d&trainername=Chris+Waller" rel="nofollow - Chris Waller http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTgwMDYwMTA4OA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Ben Melham 655kg105
768x43816x8 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTY3Mzg3OTE2ODA%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTA3MzE1MjA%3d" rel="nofollow - SARACINO (NZ) http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MzgxOTU0NTY%3d&trainername=Michael+Moroney" rel="nofollow - Michael Moroney http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=Mjg2NTA1NTIzMg%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - Michael Dee 1053kg99
81x6321220x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MTY3NjEwMjI3MjA%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTA3NTQ4MTY%3d" rel="nofollow - SAVILE ROW (NZ) http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MzgxOTU0NTY%3d&trainername=Michael+Moroney" rel="nofollow - Michael Moroney http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=Njk1MTUyNjQ%3d" rel="nofollow - Stephen Baster 1253kg98
944x4030x22 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzM0ODM4NDAwMA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTc3MTM2NjQ%3d" rel="nofollow - SO SI BON http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MzcxMjcxNjg%3d&trainername=Robbie+Laing" rel="nofollow - Robbie Laing http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=NzY0OTc0MDg%3d" rel="nofollow - Craig Williams 853kg95
100x5240x48x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzMzMzkwMDU0NA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTg1MzIzNTI%3d" rel="nofollow - ATTENTION http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MTgwMzUxNjQxNg%3d%3d&trainername=Peter+%26+Paul+Snowden" rel="nofollow - Peter & Paul Snowden http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=ODUyMDM0NTY%3d" rel="nofollow - Kerrin McEvoy 353kg90
111228x4x90x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzI3NDU5ODkxMg%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwOTY4MzE3NDQ%3d" rel="nofollow - LIZARD ISLAND http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MzY3MTQ0OTY%3d&trainername=Pat+Hyland" rel="nofollow - Pat Hyland http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTY2OTg3MjI1NjA%3d" rel="nofollow - Jye McNeil 153kg88
12429x3380x5 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MzMzNDc1MjUxMg%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=MzUwODg2MTQ5MTI%3d" rel="nofollow - LAND OF PLENTY http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NTE5MzM0NDA%3d&trainername=Grahame+Begg" rel="nofollow - Grahame Begg http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTY3Njc2NjU0MDg%3d" rel="nofollow - - Beau Mertens -  (a) 553kg71

Date Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 1:49pm

I am not sure if this is Smile sarcasm or not but I think the early part of the campaign is not far off the mark. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 2:19pm
That was one sprint race too many.

Probably ruined the rest of his spring with that race.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 16 Sep 2017 at 2:21pm
placed to perfection....not

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 11:20am
Craig Williams could not have studied his racing style or must surely have ridden against instructions? Over these shorter distances he has to be allowed to settle & come with a strong finish. He was ridden much too close. Might be psychologically damaged for the remainder of this prep now - they will have to get Zahra back on but no guarantees now he can reproduce those two slashing first up runs. Anyone think he can bounce back from this if ridden correctly?

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 11:22am
If he is the right price I will be backing him in the Rupert Clarke.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 11:28am
Is he guaranteed a start? I guess his prizemoney is pretty good.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 2:18pm
Didn't appear to be racing too generously 300 hundred out, this trainer does worry me at times lol.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 2:26pm

Is he guaranteed a start? I guess his prizemoney is pretty good.

Would not say guaranteed but he should scrape in. Last years winner was a BM95 horse as is So Si Bon. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Dizzy
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 2:29pm
Nominated in a 1400m Handicap Caulfield this Saturday.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Nominated in a 1400m Handicap Caulfield this Saturday.

He may go better around a corner , ridden with a little patience.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 2:41pm
For kiss sake he needs to be kept fresh.

The trainer is a nincompoop. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 6:12pm
this just gets better.....

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 6:17pm
Have to agree with the posters questioning the Trainers selection of races. The horse obviously has a lot of talent but blind freddy can see that for sprint races he needs to be kept fresh! That said, Craig Williams ride on Saturday didn't help either...

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 6:19pm
Is entry qualification for The Rupert Clarke based on prizemoney won? If so he should get in but I'm not sure if it is??

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2017 at 6:37pm
It will depend on the entries and where he sits in the order of weight.

BM 95 should see him scrape in.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Hoffy95
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:11am
Poor horse & connections. 

Posted By: Dizzy
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:17am
Race 5 - 2:15PM Ladbrokes Supports National Jockeys Trust Handicap (1400 METRES) Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting
Of $120,000.1st $66,000, 2nd $21,600, 3rd $10,800, 4th $6,000, 5th $3,600, 6th $2,400, 7th $2,400, 8th $2,400, 9th $2,400, 10th $2,400
Prize money contribution totalling 2% will be directed to jockey and equine welfare prior to distribution
Handicap, Minimum Weight 54kg, Apprentices can claim.

Track Name: Main Track Type: Turf Track Condition: Good 3

Field Limit: 15 + 4 EM

NoLast 10HorseTrainerJockeyBarrierWeightPenaltyHcp Rating
13590x160x6 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NTIzMDQ1NDU4MA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MjUwNDkxODA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NjUzODE4MDA%3d&trainername=David+%26+B+Hayes+%26+T+Dabernig" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjY1MjcwMzczODA%3d" rel="nofollow - - - Mitchell Aitken - (a3) 261kg104
24x4030x228 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NTI5MjIxNzUwMA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MTQ0MDI5NDA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NTg2ODA1NjA%3d&trainername=Robbie+Laing" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=NDE3MTM0ODMyMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - - 1256.5kg95
3x43139x239 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NTA2NzExNTgwMA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MDUyNTU4MDA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NjE0Nzg4ODA%3d&trainername=Mick+Price" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTIwMjc1MTYw" rel="nofollow - - 556kg94
42187284114 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NTEzMjMxODc2MA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MjEyOTM1NDA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MTE5OTc1MzQw&trainername=Ciaron+Maher" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MzM2NzY0NDUxNjA%3d" rel="nofollow - - - Ben Thompson - (a1.5) 455.5kg93
5500526x657 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NDg2MzE5NjEyMA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MDUyNTA1NDA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NjE0Nzg4ODA%3d&trainername=Mick+Price" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTE5MDcwNjIw" rel="nofollow - - 955kg92
620x9x12203 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NTI0MzE1NzQ4MA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MjA5MzA2MDA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NjU5NzA5MjA%3d&trainername=Clinton+McDonald" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjU2OTUxMDAwMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - - 654kg82
7157x12368x http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NTMxNDYyNTEwMA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MjE1MDkyMDA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NjAzNjkwMjA%3d&trainername=Michael+Moroney" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjYzODE5ODIzNjA%3d" rel="nofollow - - 1154kg80
85353510x68 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MjY0OTEzMTE0NjA%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MTU1MjMzMjA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MjI2MzU5ODkyMA%3d%3d&trainername=Michael+Kent" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjY1MDE3Nzg4NjA%3d" rel="nofollow - - - Beau Mertens - (a0) 1054kg80
96x214x0 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MjYzNzQ5NzA3ODA%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MDgzNDM0MjA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=MjQ2Nzc5NzM4MA%3d%3d&trainername=Peter+Morgan" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTE0OTgzNjAw" rel="nofollow - - 354kg79
10100x515113 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=MjYzODUwODU3NjA%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MTcxMzgxNDA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NTgwMjgzMjA%3d&trainername=Pat+Hyland" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjYzOTI4MTI3MDA%3d" rel="nofollow - - 754kg77
11137x4x5199 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NTE3OTUxNjc0MA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MTY0MDE3NDA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=Mjg1MjQ0MDE0MA%3d%3d&trainername=Cameron+Templeton" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MTg0NDk5NzYwMA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - - 154kg76
12623x4328x9 http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?horsecode=NTE4NTQzOTUwMA%3d%3d&src=horseform&raceentry=NTU1MDg2NTM3NjA%3d" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=NjYxMTgyMDA%3d&trainername=John+Moloney" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/JockeyLastRuns.aspx?jockeycode=MjY3Nzk4Njk4MA%3d%3d" rel="nofollow - - 854kg75

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:29am
Chance to cross the line in front if Lane falls off again. 

Posted By: Underground
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:33am
can't believe this prep. so dumb 

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Underground Underground wrote:

can't believe this prep. so dumb 

Just this prep? 

Posted By: Underground
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:47am
touche

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:53am
I have no major issue with his previous preps, they were learning about him.

What they should have learned they are clearly not putting into practice.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: monty1
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 6:00pm
So will he run him 3 weeks in a row? Just saw him say on Racing.com he sprinted him up this morning!

Posted By: TOLEDO
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 6:14pm
Ive worked it out Robbie Laing is trying to get the old 10,000 metres into the horse before the first tuesday in november

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 6:19pm
Think he is trying that numbers of metres for the Toorak. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Bi Carb
Date Posted: 21 Sep 2017 at 7:33am
Robbie is a different cat.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 9:35am
Is he still a rough chance in the Rupert Clarke? If he scrapes into the field he should be on the minimum and the speed should be genuine.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 4:52pm
Let me start by stating I'm a fan of Robbie Laing and I believe that SO SI BON will win a big race some day.

But the fact is he's still only won 1 race from 16 starts to date. Personally I think it's time to lower the bar and map out a less ambitious path and work through his grades. He can still do this and pick up some black type along the way and he's only a 4yo so hopefully has seasons ahead for bigger prizes.

Spring 2017 could be something like:

7th Oct - Paris Lane Stakes 1400m at Flemington : $120,000 listed
29th Oct - Sale Cup 1600m at Sale : $200,000 listed
18th Nov - Eclipse Stks 1800m at Sandown : $150,000 G3

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 5:11pm
I do not think his sites need to be lowered ( though it would not hurt him ) lets face it, his sites were lowered quite a deal on Saturday.

He ran a bottler of a race.

He needs his races spaced, Needs to be kept fresh.

If they went 3 weeks into the Toorak he'd be well placed on the limit. 

If he missed a spot in that on the same day is the listed Weekend Hussler 1400m.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Black Prince 2
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 5:15pm
Just a non winner amazing how he can so close but always gets beat . Punters nightmare . Will bob up at huge odds one day

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 5:25pm
Totally agree with the spacing of runs, hence my suggestion of 3 weeks to Sale Cup, then 3 weeks to the Eclipse Stks.   But there's certainly plenty of paths & options he can take at this time of year.

I do think his big race win will come in the 1600m to 1800m range.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 5:28pm
If they go first up into next years Newmarket handicap that will be his big ticket win.

Unfortunately his trainer will not have the balls to do it.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

If they go first up into next years Newmarket handicap that will be his big ticket win.

Hmmm, Newmarket 1st up.... interesting. Would like to see that too

I had the pleasure of chatting to Robbie a few years ago at Mornington races and his knowledge of racing history and pedigrees was quite amazing.

And any trainer who is willing to run a horse 1st up over 5500m after a 3 year spell (ie Sir Pentire) and win.....has got balls

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

Hmmm, Newmarket 1st up.... interesting. Would like to see that too

I had the pleasure of chatting to Robbie a few years ago at Mornington races and his knowledge of racing history and pedigrees was quite amazing.

And any trainer who is willing to run a horse 1st up over 5500m after a 3 year spell (ie Sir Pentire) and win.....has got balls

That is true regarding the balls LOL

I

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: therealkramer
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2017 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Black Prince 2 Black Prince 2 wrote:

Just a non winner amazing how he can so close but always gets beat . Punters nightmare . Will bob up at huge odds one day

Similar to Omei Sword-who has to be ridden cold and needs pace on. Remarkably, started fav yesterday, i believe.

Posted By: Bi Carb
Date Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 1:28pm

I do not think his sites need to be lowered ( though it would not hurt him ) lets face it, his sites were lowered quite a deal on Saturday.

He ran a bottler of a race.

He needs his races spaced, Needs to be kept fresh.

If they went 3 weeks into the Toorak he'd be well placed on the limit. 

If he missed a spot in that on the same day is the listed Weekend Hussler 1400m.

Great post mate.
It appears at this stage of his life that's exactly what he needs.
He still looks babyish to me and the speed on helps him overcome the tendency to do a few things wrong when he can get on the bridle mid race.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net