7>
7-d
 Ancestor duplications:Better Boyx 4m,4f

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Replies:
Posted By: Rosscoe
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 7:22pm
Djebel - it would help a bit if you could explain why this pedigree was thrown up??

Are you on him for the Golden Slipper or is there something about his the pedigree you'd like to share?

It would be great if a left-field sire,like Artie Schiller, could produce a 2yr old G1 winner here.

-------------
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 7:25pm
I got overly excited when I saw his 3rd dam.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Rosscoe
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 7:30pm
Ahhhh!

With you now ....

Let's hope "Artie" - Loosens Up very nicely for the GS!!

-------------
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega

Posted By: whitt0
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 7:33pm
Great spotting Djebel. Without having stats to back me up - Rubiton mares look to really pass on quality

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 7:36pm
Twas pointed out on twitter.

https://twitter.com/atc_races" rel="nofollow - - @atc_races    https://twitter.com/atc_races/status/710020509744832512" rel="nofollow -

Bit of rain? Getting my wet weather practice in! https://twitter.com/Longines" rel="nofollow - @Longines https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoldenSlipper?src=hash" rel="nofollow - #GoldenSlipper hope Flying Artie takes a dip in the pool

https://twitter.com/rosehillgardens" rel="nofollow - Rosehill Gardens  and  https://twitter.com/MickPriceRacing" rel="nofollow - Mick Price Racing

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Flight
Date Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Not to mention Better Fantasy's great granddad was Djebel.  Smile

-------------
“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 7:48pm
Its an OMEN....get on 

Date Posted: 16 Mar 2016 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Flight Flight wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Not to mention Better Fantasy's great granddad was Djebel.  Smile

Thumbs Up

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 12:02am
I think I will quinella Flying Artie and French Fern  Thumbs Up

BOL to all 

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: Beliskner
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 3:06am
Does Artie Schiller have any sons at stud in Australia or NZ?

Posted By: furious
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 7:31am
The mare is also inbred to Better Boy through son Century and daughter Better Fantasty.  That can be very good for a broodmare to have.  This is her best so far but her first two have also won.  

But very topical on the Better Loosen up dies.  Lets hope for a good ride and no silly antics from the colt.

Posted By: SkyDancer
Date Posted: 26 Mar 2016 at 1:12pm
problem with his sesamoid, out until spring

Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:31pm
Be interesting to see how he is when he cools down.

He is a tip top horse.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Aurelius
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:35pm
Certainly is.

MP said he switched off, need to be pretty good to do that and win.

Posted By: vaopoaljsie
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:36pm
Interesting comment post race from Mick when asked to compare to his G1 winning stablemate.

I know which one I'll be backing in the Coolmore.

Posted By: saintly96
Date Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 5:36pm
Agree. He was cruelled by bad barriers as a 2 year old. Was as good as any of them.

Posted By: tillyras
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 4:39pm
Just been sold to China Horse Club
Will race in CHC colours next prep

Could be aimed at the Diamond Jubilee @ Royal Ascot

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

Just been sold to China Horse Club
Will race in CHC colours next prep

Could be aimed at the Diamond Jubilee @ Royal Ascot

Any other 3Yo colts they dont own?

Posted By: lulu
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 8:52pm
They now have the Slipper winner, Diamond winner and Coolmore winner. They are ahead of the game.

-------------
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 8:54pm
And I might add that's better IMHO than Darley, Coolmore and Arrowfield having them all.

-------------

Posted By: Beliskner
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 8:58pm
Didn't Luskin Park Stud own him?

I'd have thought they would've wanted to stand him at their stud?

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:12pm
They still have some of him and no doubt got millions for the rest. Good luck to all, he is a ripper.

-------------

Posted By: Smoke and Mirrors
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:30pm
China horse club have bought a controlling interest and stud rights.

-------------
"Go Hard or Go Home”

Posted By: Campaspe
Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 9:57pm
Just how many stallions are Newgate planning to stand?

Date Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Campaspe Campaspe wrote:

Just how many stallions are Newgate planning to stand?

Posted By: Ringlock
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Didn't Luskin Park Stud own him?

I'd have thought they would've wanted to stand him at their stud?

Luskin Park don't stand stallions. Luskin Park is owned by one-time NSW Police Minister Paul Whelan. He bought the horse as a yearling and his mate Wilf Mula took a share.

Posted By: JoanFerguson
Date Posted: 18 Feb 2017 at 4:58pm
Is he out yet

Posted By: mc41
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 10:06am
Haven't seen it mentioned,did he go off in the barrier as I'm sure Oliver was thrown out the back ?

Posted By: Flight
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 10:24am
Yes he did.  Same time as The Quarterback was going off. 

Flying Artie Fractious in the barrier and reared prior to the start. Got its head up when over racing in the early stages. Rider Damien Oliver could offer no explanation for the performance other than Flying Artie raced fresh and over raced in the early stages. A post race veterinary examination failed to reveal any obvious abnormality and a sample was taken for analysis.

-------------
“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King

Date Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 11:45am
My take as someone who backed him and lost is that he was sweating behind the barriers a bit. He reared and threw Oliver off when the Quarterback went off. He jumped awkwardly and all this as well as freshness made him over race.
I wrote my bet off at the 800 m mark.
Oliver therefore fought and restrained him and in doing so , tucked him in behind runners to try and settle him. This in turn led to him being trapped in behind a wall of runners when the time to go came, as they raced as a pretty tight group with room only down either side. 

Not that he would have had the petrol left to finish off like the winner anyway.
His only unplaced run ever and a page full of excuses but his bubble burst with a bang yesterday.

Perhaps he needed another trial under his belt, hindsight as they say is a wonderful thing, but he did seem too fresh for his own good. 

-------------

Posted By: Go Flash Go
Date Posted: 19 Feb 2017 at 12:21pm
In the Spring on Derby day Flying Artie was he pick of the yard before the the race up on his toes a magnificent type compared to his rivals and in great condition.

Not the same horse in the yard yesterday imho and the rest panned out that way.

Not sure what Mick Price can do to put the pieces back together again he's got a job ahead of him and hope he can work something out.

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:12am
Not sure what to make of him. He should have the measure of the other 3yos on his Coolmore win and I'm not worried by the older horses like Spieth. So that makes him the Newmarket winner- simple. The only trouble is I would be basing things only on the Coolmore win. That was a big spike over my general assessment of the horse and generally, taking out the Coolmore run, I wouldn't want him in a Newmarket.

Yeah I know you are rusted on FArtie fans and every run is gold, apart from the Lightning, but that's not how I see him. Is the Coolmore run the real FArtie or was it an aberration?

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:20am
Bah- just noticed this is in the Stallions section- it will sink without trace and I'll never find it again.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 9:43am
Blub blub blub blub.............

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Bah- just noticed this is in the Stallions section- it will sink without trace and I'll never find it again.

No it wont.

It will be easier to find than when or if it was in the racing section.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Nocturnal
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 5:11pm
I have him going for a six figure sum . Come on Tlaz jump aboard , I don't need you pulling his tail up the straight.Only positive vibes please

-------------
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....

Posted By: Glencoe
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2017 at 8:11pm
Go flash go's assessment is spot on. Looked the best in Nov. altho swap his run in the race with astern & Astern wins. I also backed F Artie in the Coolmore. Couldn't have him in the Lightning. Looked like a miler. Also the delay cooked him.
Can't see him improving for the Newmkt. Spieth will.

Posted By: Isaac soloman
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2017 at 9:54am
From a breeding point of view, love Rubiton being there.

Furious how often does Rubiton appear in a good horses page?

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 5:26pm
Averaged $102k for the Magic Millions off a $38.5k fee.

Making money, but this year's fee of $27,500 might not be the bottom?

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 6:51pm
Sorry Isaac I've got other problems at the moment and only look in here occasionally.  I love Rubiton as I admired him as a racehorse and of course he's Century/Better Boy line and I love to see that outcross in pedigrees.  But Rubiton who unlike Century's other good son Centaine got to stay in Australia.  He has St Magnus (son of Fair Isle - so the female cross for her brothers Fairway and Pharos) who is also by Sansovino (by Swynford from Gondolette grandam of Selene dam of Hyperion and ancestress of Sir Tristram).  The other key point is Todman.

With quite a few lines now with Noholme in them ie Spirit of Boom it is lovely to find one with Todman.  Then you have all the Hyperion or Sir Tristram lines which should fire well with a mare with this boy in the pedigree.

So while Flying Artie is probably the best recent on you have Playing God now firing at stud and the older boys Danerich and Dash for Cash both having done a good job from lesser mares.  El Roco is another which sired a G1 winner at the weekend.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:20pm
Time will be Flying Arties salvation

Posted By: Taxidriver
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:35pm
Agree Glencoe. They did not look like precocious types and there was a fair bit of Rubiton in some..Probably be better as 3yos.

Posted By: Daraabah
Date Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 10:01pm
I really like the way he has been bred...I'm betting he'll get a few nice ones...

Posted By: robbo
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 11:25am
Just bumping this thread as I've chosen Flying Artie for my mare for the upcoming season. More of a match on type than pedigree, and I thought he was really good value this year, especially with a nice buzz around about his two year olds - everyone who has one seems to like them. Anyone have any inside word on how the Flying Arties are travelling?

Posted By: Take2
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 2:15pm
like him as a sire robbo imo matches up well with encosta and exceed and excel mares, (s'pose there's heaps of stallions that do that) crying out for danehill again imo , could reignite some of the danehill / star kingdom fire, considering f'arty  has todman and noholme in the  5th / 6th remove, and with danehill appearing as far back as 5th i feel theirs some potential there, but this isn't about flying Artie  per se is is, love to know who ya mare is , he had some nice types at the sales

-------------
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 7:54pm
Just do it. A very wise decision
He will be a better sire than many of the current 2nd & 3rd season sires asking in excess of $20k
I've retired commercially but if my 1 breed to race mare wasn't such a bad traveller she'd be there in a flash
Just dont expect pre-xmas precocity. Look for a spring 3yo

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 2:16am
Ive got a little slice of one with Will Clarken. Shes a 3/4 sister to Ruban Bleu, mums a Fastnet Rock & 4th dam is Rolls. 

Its a bit hard to tell from this side of the border, but she looks reasonably forward in the vision weve seen so far. That might just be the Fastnet bulk, but we think shes every possible chance to get a start pre-Xmas.... that, or bills for four months of full work LOLLOL

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 12:32am
Anyone who likes F Artie must breed this year. We'll never get in for $10K+ again

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 12:29pm
I picked two cheap ones for the comp this season so must of liked them.  But brain so foggy this year I just can't remember.  I did like his pedigree though as I picked him from the yearling sales.

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 3:18pm
Hi Take 2 - mare is Exciting Dynasty (Excites ex General's Dynasty). As I said, not necessarily a pedigree match but more on type - she is very much in the mould of General Nediym. Danehill comes through Excites/Danewin and while I wouldnb't be scared to replicate Danehill, I take your point re Star Kingdom.

And Glencoe, I agree - the $10K plus GST was tremendous value in my books. He has more named two year olds than Capitalist, if that's any indication.

Posted By: Grey Affair
Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 2:03pm
An early 2yo winner for Flying Artie at Eagle Farm with the victory of Princess Bojack.

Date Posted: 03 Oct 2020 at 3:20pm
Another winning decendant of Eight Carat and carries the Noholme/Todman cross which I love.  Didn't pick her to follow though.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 2:33pm
Bourbon Flyer gets the choccies on debut at Randwick, taking Flying Artie to outright leader on the First Season Sires list by winners with 5. Humming along very nicely, with Artorius flying the flag on Saturday in the Blue Diamond.

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 2:38pm
Mick Price, the stallion making king of Vic. Clap

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Hi Take 2 - mare is Exciting Dynasty (Excites ex General's Dynasty). As I said, not necessarily a pedigree match but more on type - she is very much in the mould of General Nediym. Danehill comes through Excites/Danewin and while I wouldn't be scared to replicate Danehill, I take your point re Star Kingdom.

And Glencoe, I agree - the $10K plus GST was tremendous value in my books. He has more named two year olds than Capitalist, if that's any indication.

And Flying Artie sires the Diamond winner.  Clap

Hope your mare's in foal Robbo.

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

Anyone who likes F Artie must breed this year. We'll never get in for $10K+ again

Not for a LONG time now LOL

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Posted By: Vivarchi
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:40pm
Rapt to see Artie get the Diamond winner 1st up. His win up the straight at Flemington as a 3yo was one of my most memorable wins, and i've seen a lot. It was a Grand Final and he brained them. Have been following them right thru the sales and have picked a few in my notebook.

Well done Glencoe on being so bullish on him too.

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Hi Take 2 - mare is Exciting Dynasty (Excites ex General's Dynasty). As I said, not necessarily a pedigree match but more on type - she is very much in the mould of General Nediym. Danehill comes through Excites/Danewin and while I wouldn't be scared to replicate Danehill, I take your point re Star Kingdom.

And Flying Artie sires the Diamond winner.Clap

Hope your mare's in foal Robbo.

On first cover - due in August. You bloody beauty.

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:56pm
Very nice

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 8:57pm
Most F Arties have two things in common. Scope & Balance. Hence many judges expected them to take time
It is their balanced builds that ha allowed them to cope with early preps

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net