Forum Description: General discussion about thoroughbred horse racing
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=49443
Printed Date: 23 Apr 2024 at 7:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Bounding
Posted By: Sunline
Subject: Bounding
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 1:15pm
I really like this filly in the Royal Sovereign tomorrow. She's a star filly and is racing against some below the best and up and core types. While she has done it and is in well at the SW+P if you ask me.

Star filly with the pedigree to show up and win a nice race in a Sydney autumn carnival.

Chautauqua from Sidestep the hardest to beat.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Replies:
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 1:21pm
First 3yo in more than 30 years to win the Railway in NZ.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Simo
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 1:25pm
Agree Sunline, reckon she is going to be very hard to beat tomorrow! Think she is a great price and well in at the weights.

Posted By: 3blindmice
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

First 3yo in more than 30 years to win the Railway in NZ.

Class act. It was a weak Railway though.

Posted By: VPI
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 1:39pm
Have done her videos, likely to be on speed while some out the back. Had a few shillings on.

-------------
@value_punter

Posted By: Group 1 Selections
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 1:40pm
I took the 7's early have her in quite a few multis/ trebles/ doubles with Lucia Valentina, Rising Romance, IADD, Vdc and the offer

Posted By: Racing Carrot
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 2:20pm
Looks well placed and has been set for this for a while.  If she runs to her NZ form will be very hard to beat.

Posted By: racinglover
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:40pm
Hard to beat I think, Dothraki looks the value though.

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:10pm
Got her in most of my multis at $6.50/$2.20 (thanks again Group 1 Thumbs Up) ... only defeats are at a mile in Guineas, and as a 2 yo behind Ruud Awakening who was touted as a Slipper winner and Recite who is in the QOT - this will give a good line on her chances too. Beat Natuzzi 3.5 L winning the Railway, and I'll also back up on him at Caulfield after his easy win on debut in Oz. This should be well within her capabilities. 

Snowden's pair look hardest to beat, and throwing Never Can Tell in exotics @ $51 - good 1st up 3rd to Platelet at MV, then straight back to Sydney for this. Was competitive against the better ones as a 2 yo., Purton draws 1.

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:17pm
Should have won the Guineas. Bad ride.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Bright Day
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:17pm
Sidestep is a good horse will need to be very good to beat it.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:38pm
Hoping he blows again this week. $4 last time was unexpected but that was a much easier race so should be $5+ here if they take another set against him.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:42pm
$4 last time for Sidestep was backable for me and he was my best of the day and I bet accordingly. This clearly a harder race and Bound For Earth, who he struggled to beat, has since failed in the PJ Bell.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:18pm
Boundings times are better than Sidestep but he has drawn the car park.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:28pm
NZ times - wouldn't be placing too much faith in that Bright Day. The Ruud Awakening formline mentioned earlier is horrible in this country but Bounding's a better prospect imo.

BFE struggled but both Nthn Glory and Cosmic Endeavour came out of the same race and have run well. Snowden is thinking All Aged with this bloke so that's a pointer to how they rate him.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:32pm
Bounding - the money has come and I reckon he will start favourite.

A lot of my NZ mates reckon Bounding will be a throw back to the days where NZ horses came here and smashed Aussie fields by 5 lengths.

They reckon he is good enough to be an All Black.

Time will tell.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:33pm
Your mates know he's a she do they?

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:34pm
Not worried about NZ times, but she's coming from G1 & G2 class, he won well enough, but in Listed grade last time, and it won't be as wet tomorrow. He is in the top 2 or 3 no doubt.

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Your mates know he's a she do they?

Their mum's were all junior All Blacks!LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:51pm
The point is the Kiwis have a confidence about them with this one not seen since Phar Lap came over.

It beat Natuzzi by a few length and we saw how it took care of older horses in Melbourne last week.

Basically all Bounding has to do is beat Sidestep.

Randwick will have two lanes tomorrow.

One on the rails where Sidestep will be; and one outside where Bounding will be.

It might just be a matter of how the track plays.

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Bright Day Bright Day wrote:

Bounding - the money has come and I reckon he will start favourite.

A lot of my NZ mates reckon Bounding will be a throw back to the days where NZ horses came here and smashed Aussie fields by 5 lengths.

They reckon he is good enough to be an All Black.

Time will tell.

I don't remember those days in 1200m races. It's a very rare event for NZ sprinters or 2yos to do anything noteworthy. Sunline- Our Maizcay ... memory fail.Unhappy

It is a very winnable race though. None of her opponents are overly fond of winning.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 9:27pm
Tommorrow is an interesting day; Bounding hasn'r won any old race in NZ. It has won the Railway. NZ's No 1 race. If Bounding doesn't win tommorrow, the whole credibility of NZ racing will come under question.

Tommorrow Bounding is not only racing for itself but for its whole countrys racing credibility.

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 10:14pm
Not really mate. It's just a horse in a race.

Posted By: Group 1 Selections
Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Not really mate. It's just a horse in a race.

haha loved this ClapLOL

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I don't remember those days in 1200m races. It's a very rare event for NZ sprinters or 2yos to do anything noteworthy. Sunline- Our Maizcay ... memory fail.Unhappy

It is a very winnable race though. None of her opponents are overly fond of winning.
That is mostly correct, NZ sprinters and 2yos do tend to have a much rougher time for obvious reasons.  Interesting to note two of the most successful were Mr Tiz and Our Maizcay-both Aussie breds like Bounding.

A few Railway winners have at least performed ok in Aussie though, 1989 dead heaters Westminster/Mr Tiz as earlier examples but sticking to a more recent era, since 1998-

1998 Coogee Walk-notably beat Rebel (two starts later Gr 1 placed in Futurity and later in career in a Mackinnon) and Paint in this.  Ran 3rd in the Galaxy later that season.

1999-Bawalaksana won on protest over Dantelah before also winning Telegraph.  Ran 8th of 22 in Newmarket that year but was drawn down the wrong side and actually a decent effort.

2001-Fritz, had previously won Telegraph.  Followed Railway win with well beaten 2nd to Sunline in Waikato Sprint, then won BTC Cup (Group 2 at the time) and 5th in 10000 behind Falvelon.

2003-Egyptian Raine-won G2 Sangster at first Aussie start, later placed in a heap of G1 sprints without quite getting her nose in front.

2005/2006/2007 Gee I Jane ran 2nd three years in a row in close finishes.  Won the 2006 BTC when it had been upgraded to G1.  Also 2nd in Stradbroke.

Haven't been many top grade NZ winners in recent years, though three Aussie sprinters in Recurring, Atomic Force and Gold Trail won it and had some G1/G2 wins/placings in Aussie away from the big guns.

Bounding certainly rates more like some of the names mentioned than some of the recent NZ Railway winners.  She is one of the rare star 3yos to line up in the G1 sprints as the timing of the race often doesn't lend itself to that. 

Hard to rate different distance ranges but I think it's a fair assessment to say she is the best 3yo filly in NZ this season and the best overall 3yo is between her and El Roca-they haven't met.

She has got through wet ground but personally would still be more confident on better ground as she has a sharp sprint.

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:18pm
There's a mare and two entires in the big one and one or three in the Oaks who've already helped restore Kiwi racing cred I would have thought. Must have missed them when looking through the All Black noms?

Posted By: Mug-Punter
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 8:46am
Have been waiting for this day and this race for awhile. On Bounding @$26s so fingers crossed she gets the biscuits!!!

-------------
The Mugg

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Mug-Punter Mug-Punter wrote:

Have been waiting for this day and this race for awhile. On Bounding @$26s so fingers crossed she gets the biscuits!!!
You did well there. 

I think when I first checked odds for this day 2 months ago I thought she was the best NZ chance but $15 was about the best I could find and didn't take it.  Even the $7 a few days ago seems good in hindsight.

Hopefully she gets across without much work and can sit then sprint-very hard to run down if they don't go hard.

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 10:09am
Bounding will go forward so hopefully outside barrier isn't a concern.

Posted By: Afros
Date Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Mug-Punter Mug-Punter wrote:

Ouch! Ouch

Date Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 7:50pm
Thought she was home, then just as I did, I saw Sidestep eating up the ground. She had to work a bit early to find the lead and it probably softened her up just enough. She should come back in the spring.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 2:52pm
Very classy win today. Snowden hopes to go to the Rupert Clark with her

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 2:56pm
She has improved with Snowden.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Lordy
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Very classy win today. Snowden hopes to go to the Rupert Clark with her
Most from that field likely to head that way too.  She looks to have them covered on that run.

Posted By: Bonfield
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

She has improved with Snowden.

She's improved on her Australian form under Snowden, but is a G1 winner in NZ.

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 3:02pm
Snowdens new Miracles of Life. Group 1 winner, loses a touch of form, joins P&P bounces back to Group 1 winner. He will do it again with Bounding no doubt.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 3:15pm
Max Presnell's bet of the day. I had a look at its form after reading that but could not figure out why.

Posted By: scamanda
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 6:21pm
Snowden / McEvoy reunite and parade a future star. Gave Rich Enuff a cold in the straight.
The Kiwis have treated us with some very good horses over the years and this one is up there with the best of them. 

Posted By: Nobody
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 9:00pm
The only thing the Snowden/McEvoy team improved is the riding tactics. The best team with the highest ratio of Lonhro runners and winners (naturally) rode Bounding the way the Lonhro stock need to race. Bounding has been too good for them in NZ despite the lead at all costs tactics but wisely the Snowdens decided to change the riding tactics for the best result today.

To highlight an anomaly, from Lonhro's highest producing seasonal crop of foals (156), 133 have been runners and until today not one of them had won any black type race in Australia. Despite all her previous stakes wins in NZ, Bounding's win today notched one for that crop in Aust. 

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Nobody Nobody wrote:

The only thing the Snowden/McEvoy team improved is the riding tactics. The best team with the highest ratio of Lonhro runners and winners (naturally) rode Bounding the way the Lonhro stock need to race. Bounding has been too good for them in NZ despite the lead at all costs tactics but wisely the Snowdens decided to change the riding tactics for the best result today.

To highlight an anomaly, from Lonhro's highest producing seasonal crop of foals (156), 133 have been runners and until today not one of them had won any black type race in Australia. Despite all her previous stakes wins in NZ, Bounding's win today notched one for that crop in Aust. 

That is super interesting Beer

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 7:00am
Indeed, weird. No doubting he's a top sire though. Also had Exosphere winning G2 yesterday.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:12am
What do you make of her first up win for Snowden? She rated very very highly. Good enough to beat Chautauqua at WFA. Can she repeat?

Posted By: SYT
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:23am
She was outstanding... I got windburn at the track, she'll open very short in Sydney but should be winning again.

Posted By: Delta Deel
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:33am
Yep, always new she had the talent from what I had seen early in NZ and she had been a tad unlucky in previous runs in aus stuck in speed battles and wide barriers. Definitely found her best last start and improved 1-2L on that

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:55am
UBET up... $2.4 !! Have to take it

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:09pm
Lonhro is, and I hate to say this, a G2 sire, with very few exceptions. I hope there are a couple more exceptions in the near future.

Posted By: Speediskey
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:11pm
10 exceptions to be exact.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

UBET up... $2.4 !! Have to take it

You have eagle eyes. I wasn't expected them to go up first. I've missed it. $2.00 now.

Posted By: saintly96
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:18pm
She may well win again, but she is too short for mine at $2.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Has Lonhro had anything in Australia win more than one G1 apart from Pierro? Has Lonhro had anything win an open G1 wfa race apart from Pierro and Beaded? Beaded won one.

Posted By: saintly96
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:25pm
Is the Darley Classic WFA?

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:29pm
I think they are giving away free money, Bounding wins

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:31pm

Has Lonhro had anything in Australia win more than one G1 apart from Pierro? Has Lonhro had anything win an open G1 wfa race apart from Pierro and Beaded? Beaded won one.

Mental won the Patinack.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:43pm

Mental won the Patinack.

Ok so that's Pierro, plus Mental and Beaded with one each. Like I said, he's a G2 sire.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:51pm

Mental won the Patinack.

Ok so that's Pierro, plus Mental and Beaded with one each. Like I said, he's a G2 sire.

You do seem like you to make outlandish statements with no basic research...

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 12:57pm
Lonhros are frustrating for someone like me who wants them to excel because they very rarely measure up to G1 level and the rare exceptions have only managed one G1 win. Even the mighty Pierro, the one Lonhro you could call a champion and keep a straight face, lost all 3 of his major 3yo assignments. He had excellent excuses for 2 of those 3, all 3 if you're being generous, but lost them all nonetheless- see, frustrating.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 1:04pm
What are you talking about Pierro failing for? He ran in 3 WFA G1's at 3, and he won two of them. 

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 1:11pm

What are you talking about Pierro failing for? He ran in 3 WFA G1's at 3, and he won two of them. 

Are you going to argue that his 3yo major assignments were the Canterbury and Ryder Stakes and not the Caulfield Guineas, Cox Plate and Doncaster handicap? I bet anything involved with him would lose a kidney to exchange one of those he won for one of those he didn't win.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 1:16pm

Are you going to argue that his 3yo major assignments were the Canterbury and Ryder Stakes and not the Caulfield Guineas, Cox Plate and Doncaster handicap? I bet anything involved with him would lose a kidney to exchange one of those he won for one of those he didn't win.

The whole argument you've been making is that Lonhro can't sire WFA G1 winners, so the Doncaster and the Guineas are irrelevant to that, you've just changed the goal posts if you change what races you expect his progeny to win.

Posted By: Baguette
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 1:22pm
Yes a total failure as a racehorse that Pierro. Absolute career worst run was a third in the Cox Plate.

Never finished out of a place and every start was in stakes race class.

Obviously another Lonhro failure.

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 1:31pm
6 G1 winners: Bounding, Pierro, Beaded, Benfica, Denman, Mental.

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: brave_ponies
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 6:14pm
Gosh, I'll take Lonhro if no one else wants him . . . Where do I send the transport truck?

Re. Bounding - liked her previously; love her with Snowdens.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

Gosh, I'll take Lonhro if no one else wants him . . . Where do I send the transport truck?

Supply 1500+ quality mares  + $50 million in fees and we guarantee at least 3 G1 wins.Wink

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 6:39pm

Supply 1500+ quality mares  + $50 million in fees and we guarantee at least 3 G1 wins.Wink

Well.. 10 as we have established but anyway.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 6:42pm

Where do you get 10 from? Are you counting Tasmanian and NZ G1s? I don't count them.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 6:45pm

Where do you get 10 from? Are you counting Tasmanian and NZ G1s? I don't count them.

You are a twat, dont count NZ Group 1's? Why because the form doesn't hold up? Gee thay Sunline, Bonecrusher, Secret Admirer and Ocean Park were ordinary horses that couldn't win Australian Group 1's

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

You are a twat, dont count NZ Group 1's? Why because the form doesn't hold up? Gee thay Sunline, Bonecrusher, Secret Admirer and Ocean Park were ordinary horses that couldn't win Australian Group 1's

I don't count or rate Tasmanian or NZ G1s for the more successful sires, the ones I compare Lonhro to, either.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Honestly Gai, as one of the saner respondents I am getting here, do you not think that is a disappointing return on investment? Benfica, Denman, Beaded and Mental are all one time G1 winners are they not?

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 7:47pm
Love this mare. I'm seriously annoyed I didn't back her first up. Won't be making the same mistake, particularly while still early in the prep. She was wound up first up so the run will come to an end eventually.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: whitt0
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 7:49pm
$4.20 Catkins - get on! Ridiculous odds.

Posted By: Lordy
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:02pm

Honestly Gai, as one of the saner respondents I am getting here, do you not think that is a disappointing return on investment? Benfica, Denman, Beaded and Mental are all one time G1 winners are they not?

Ok so if we ignore his one time G1 winners and his NZ G1 winners he becomes a G2 sire. Think I've got it now.

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Ok so if we ignore his one time G1 winners and his NZ G1 winners he becomes a G2 sire. Think I've got it now.

And also Pierro because he was a champion, so ignore an anomaly.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 2:45am
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Yes, I was ready to liberate the SMSF cash account on Bounding (I'm sure that the accountant and planner would see it as a "balanced" strategy), until I saw the grey mare in the field ... 

overall record between them is impressive;

49 starts, 23-15-4 ... 42 times on the podium!

Catkins may be the way, 1st up 7:6-1-0 whereas Bounding actually looks "vulnerable" 2nd up 4:2-1-0

Love them both, was with Bounding first up, and believe she has the upside.  

Might cash in the share portfolio and put it on the Quinella though!Thumbs Up

Seriously though, if Bounding all up Rich Enuff, let it ride into Exosphere lands, that will shut up the Lonhro haters!!! Tongue

-------------

Posted By: whitt0
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 5:51am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Yes, I was ready to liberate the SMSF cash account on Bounding (I'm sure that the accountant and planner would see it as a "balanced" strategy), until I saw the grey mare in the field ... 

overall record between them is impressive;

49 starts, 23-15-4 ... 42 times on the podium!

Catkins may be the way, 1st up 7:6-1-0 whereas Bounding actually looks "vulnerable" 2nd up 4:2-1-0

Love them both, was with Bounding first up, and believe she has the upside.  

Might cash in the share portfolio and put it on the Quinella though!Thumbs Up

Seriously though, if Bounding all up Rich Enuff, let it ride into Exosphere lands, that will shut up the Lonhro haters!!! Tongue

Bounding going to be very tough to beat and can run a sectional. However, anything under $2.50 is not value IMO. Should be the same price as Catkins.

Catkins most recent 1st up efforts
- beating Steps In Time in a G2 sitting on the pace running a 34.29 last 600m sectional
- beating My Sabeel in a G3 just behind the leaders running a 35.45 last 600m sectional (time not that convincing)
- beating Liliburlero in a G3 just behind the leaders running a 34.25 last 600m sectional 
She does love the track winning 8 from 14 and won this race last year. Bounding also has to give her weight.

Over 1100m I would be on Bounding, but over 1200m expect that they run their last 600m within 1 -2 lengths of each other. $4.20 vs $1.90. Expect late money for Catkins and assume she starts at $3.50

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 6:54am
I have Bounding $1.75 chance... usually in Catkins corner first up but seeing is believing, she was sensational at Caulfield, with further improvement and back against the girls she should be winning.

Posted By: Aurelius
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 7:16am
Bounding too good.

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 3:52pm
"the favourite Bounding fizzed up in the enclosure like a cheap bottle of bubbly. You wouldn't have backed her with counterfeit."

Max Presnell SMH

Is she in the habit of doing that?

Date Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 7:19pm
The form is not looking too good ... beat Rich Enuff who has failed twice since, beaten by Catkins* and Echo Gal (I don't rate) with Slightly Sweet* along side ... those 2* couldn't keep up last start, 5th and 7th ... time to Get Off???  

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:04pm
I wonder why ?

Bounding Off To The Paddock

Classy mare Bounding will not race again this spring.

Group winning mare Bounding will not race again this spring.
Group winning mare Bounding will not race again this spring. Photo by Racing and Sports

Trainers Peter and Paul Snowden had considered setting the mare for the Group 1 Manikato Stakes in Melbourne but have decided to abort her spring campaign and send her to the spelling paddock.

A Group 1 winner in her native New Zealand,  http://www.racingandsports.com.au/horse/bounding-670615" rel="nofollow - Bounding 

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/horse/bounding-670615" rel="nofollow - image: http://www.racingandsports.com.au/images/horseNameArrow.jpg

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/horse/bounding-670615" rel="nofollow">Horseform  romped to a four-length win in the Group 3 The Heath at Caulfield at her first run for the Snowden camp.

She was then a hot favourite in the Group 3 Sheraco Stakes at Rosehill but was a disappointing third to Catkins.

Bounding will be set for feature sprint races in the early autumn.

image: http://www.racingandsports.com.au/racing/images/smrslogo.jpg

Racing And Sports

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 4:33pm
Strange. Snowden says they are going to only race her fresh but does it need to be that fresh? Must be more to it.

Date Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 6:51pm
I wonder what happened to her that they have aborted her prep. She was sensational first up, then sweated up a bit before her Sydney race and was ordinary. For them to have sent her out makes me think there was something else wrong with her.

Posted By: SkyDancer
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 1:42pm
Sold at the broodmare sales for $1.9 million

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 1:44pm
Who bought her and who do they send her to ?

She was a talented mare but she seemed to have some soundness issues ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: SkyDancer
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 1:46pm
Stonestreet Thoroughbreds USA (think they had Miracles of Life)

Posted By: fisherman
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 1:55pm
That's a nice chunk of change....

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 4:50pm
  • May’s Dream - $720,0000 (Willcox Bloodstock NSW)
  • Peace Force - $520,000 (Vinery Stud NSW)
  • Precious Gem - $825,000 (China Horse Club Singapore)
  • Real Surreal - $800,000 (Bruce Perry Bloodstock NZ)
  • Angels Beach - $310,000 (Boomer Bloodstock P/L QLD)
  • Bring Me The Maid - $900,000 (Dean Hawthorne Bloodstock NZ)
  • Cradle Me - $300,000 (Aquis Farm)
  • Dublin Lass - $460,000 (Edinburgh Park Stud NSW)
  • Estonian Princess - $520,000 (China Horse Club Singapore)
  • Igraine - $370,000 (Dermot Farrington Bloodstock UK)
  • Imperial Lass - $650,000 (Belmont Bloodstock Agency VIC)
  • Pasadena Girl - $500,000 (China Horse Club Singapore)
  • Serena Miss - $700,000 (Belmont Bloodstock Agency VIC)
  • Atlantis Dream - $360,000 (China Horse Club Singapore)

• Posted By: djebel
    Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 4:58pm
    Chine Horse Club ( Singapore Shocked ) They are becoming tooo f**king big.

I hope they are not all about ( ultimately ) getting infrastructure ( horses ) for China or Singapore. 

-------------
    reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Lexawin
    Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 5:50pm
    Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I hope they are not all about ( ultimately ) getting infrastructure ( horses ) for China or Singapore. 
    So what if they are... they are supporting the industry with money... can't have it all ways.Wink

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 5:52pm
    Except we potentially will end up like New Zealand where they are basically a breeding industry for Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong and their own racing is so poor.

-------------
    reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 7:45pm
    Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

So what if they are... they are supporting the industry with money... can't have it all ways.Wink

Spoken like a breeder.

-------------
    Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Lexawin
    Date Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 9:23pm

Spoken like a breeder.

No more like a realist... they have a growing industry... they have enormous amounts of money love racing and breeding so why not be getting right behind them... they will bring hundreds of millions into the industry. How can that not be good??? For everyone???

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 8:25am
    The Street Cry filly from Bounding's dam went for 175k earlier in the year didn't it?

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:36am
    Her Curlin colt went for 4.1m

-------------
    reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Dizzy
    Date Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:19am
    https://www.breednet.com.au/news/8066/aussie-bred-mare-produces-$4.1million-colt" rel="nofollow - https://www.breednet.com.au/news/8066/aussie-bred-mare-produces-$4.1million-colt
    $5.9m AUS.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
    Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net