Forum Description: General discussion about thoroughbred horse racing
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=46055
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 6:24am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Kate Goodrich
Posted By: Sheera
Subject: Kate Goodrich
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:56am

So disappointing to hear she has had her license suspended. We all know and love her as a twitter crusader & champion of the trainers when it comes to rights. Reported by Bruce Clark as having nothing to do with her tweets so why have the stewards come down so hard??!!

No report, no fair trial and no appeal process whatsoever. What in the world happened??

-------------
GO SHIRA

Replies:
Posted By: AXE_MAN
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 12:54pm
I would imagine her 'actions' has ticked somebody off.....You don't get that treatment unless you've done something of a nasty nature or there is an allegation that she has allegedly done something wrong against an individual. Hmm, let me guess....

-------------
My favorite horse is the last winner I backed !!

Posted By: MelbourneRacing
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:26pm
I know the background of all of this and have spoken to Kate a lot in the last couple of days. Let's just say the Kilmore Racing Club has a lot of internal problems. I reckon it would be fair to say the club has lost 50 per cent of its horses in the last 18 months.

Kate is no angel, but she's not afraid to stand up for herself and be a pioneer in the industry. She should be encouraged, not gagged. I wish I could say more, but Kate has asked me to stay quiet for the time being, which is fair, as I imagine solicitors will be involved.

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 1:39pm
May as well be puppets once the annual 'dotted line' has been signed Unhappy

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: Sheera
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 2:43pm
Thanks for that Melbourne Racing.

I was very puzzled to read that she wasn't even given the chance to refute any allegations. That's very disappointing for her as I agree she has done nothing but good for the industry.

Hopefully she can keep her chin up and work through whatever is wrong!

-------------
GO SHIRA

Posted By: Ernest
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:11pm
Pardon my ignorance but who is this lady?

Posted By: Nocturnal
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Ernest Ernest wrote:

Pardon my ignorance but who is this lady?

small time trainer (26 on her books) best known is probably Signor Socks

-------------
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....

Posted By: crawf1
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:26pm
I have a couple of shares in horses with her and from my point of view it is an absolute disgrace that they have suspended her, one of the nicest and hard working small trainers going around.

Obviously no one is allowed to have an opinion on things these days, if they listened to her they probably would not have had a meeting abandoned on Sunday!!

Posted By: Grinnersawinner
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:33pm
Statement: Can't train anyway.
Reason: Female.
Source: Quez.

-------------
Still Grinning

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:35pm
Great to see some public support for her as no doubt her peers & other licensed ppl feel their hands are tied Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: linghi11
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:54pm
It's amazing that racing - and sports in general - feel they can deny their participants free speech. If the track is s**t, and they often are, why can't the people whose livelihood depends on it voice their opinions? D O'Brien fined 10k for saying that Flemington wasn't up to scratch. Ricky Stewart fined - what was it? 65k or 75k overall? for saying the refs are poor. Newsflash - refs are shocking and Flemington raced like a goat track. Why are sports administrators doing their best to quash any criticism, rather than taking it on board and doing something constructive with it. 

If Kilmore track administration or track staff are to blame, they should be losing their livelihood, not Kate!

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: crownie
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 4:24pm
I think you will find Kate has not been suspended by the RVL stewards and it is a matter involving the club at Kilmore.
Her suspension only relates to her using the track for training,she is free to race wherever and whenever she likes.
I also know the background circumstances to this matter and wish Kate well in seeking a resolution.
Kate is a fine person in racing and widely respected throughout the training ranks.

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 6:25pm
Half the problem outspoken trainers have is their "mates" do not stick with them.

I have no idea what Kate Goodrich has done but it sound like its a political issue.

The trainers Union should be jumping on board and sorting it out.

Black ban those officials who do not tow the line.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 12:44pm
https://twitter.com/kategoodrich" rel="nofollow - - @kategoodrich    https://twitter.com/kategoodrich/status/699044345639358465" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/kategoodrich/status/699044345639358465" rel="nofollow -

My response to support of https://twitter.com/melfyfe" rel="nofollow - - smh.com.au/good-weekend/t -  

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: 3blindmice
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 1:10pm
Looks like a new thread "RV Integrity Failures" is long overdue. Bailey's failure to follow rules regarding notification of test results probably won't be addressed until after the cases have been finalised but his explanation should make interesting reading. Don't see how Integrity officials can enforce the rules on licensed people while ignoring them themselves. 

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 1:12pm
She's got racing administrators down pat.

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: Bonjour
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 2:13pm
Bloody good on you Kate, too many salarymen hiding behind each other with no transparency or accountability. It's still a democracy over there in Oz isn't it? .......for Gods sake RVL are becoming a Starzi.

Posted By: whitt0
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 2:42pm
Integrity review of the integrity department?

Going to be interesting how this all plays out

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 2:44pm
Yep, who's policing the police?

Posted By: Uluru
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 4:58pm
How very disappointing. Hope the ATA have her back on this one. Kate is good for racing. Chin up Kate.

-------------
Life's a Sham

Posted By: Uluru
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Integrity review of the integrity department?

Going to be interesting how this all plays out

-------------
Life's a Sham

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Uluru Uluru wrote:

How very disappointing. Hope the ATA have her back on this one. Kate is good for racing. Chin up Kate.

As far as I know, the ATA didn't want a bar of it......................she's small fry after all Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Originally posted by Uluru Uluru wrote:

As far as I know, the ATA didn't want a bar of it......................she's small fry after all Unhappy

Trainers associations do SFA, especially for smaller guys and gals, you'd hope they don't draw much of a wage in the process 

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 6:33pm
Know Kate pretty good, and she just about gets it right in this matter imo.

But will almost certainly be hung out to dry, good and proper.  Dead

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Half the problem outspoken trainers have is their "mates" do not stick with them.

I have no idea what Kate Goodrich has done but it sound like its a political issue.

The trainers Union should be jumping on board and sorting it out.

Black ban those officials who do not tow the line.
Whale told me via mental telepathy that it is toe ! Wink

Posted By: the miz
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Looks like a new thread "RV Integrity Failures" is long overdue. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Bailey's failure to follow rules regarding notification of test results probably won't be addressed until after the cases have been finalised but his explanation should make interesting reading. Don't see how Integrity officials can enforce the rules on licensed people while ignoring them themselves. </span>

Think you should worry about your boss firstly.

-------------
the miz
v'landwick the king of spin

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:11pm
A piece of 4x2 has more nous so it's a bit unfair but anytime you want to put your reputation as a diviner of identity on the line I'll be more than happy to accommodate you. 

$100 to charity for every time you've got it wrong sound good to you?

If either of you want to take this further, please continue OFF forum, emails ideally as PMs still qualify as 'forum'.
Identities are to remain publicly unknown, regardless or who you know or think you know Ermm

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:25pm
How do PM's constitute a forum ? No-one can see it.

Unsavoury PMs can still be reported max & suspensions/bans have occurred due to content of same, so it's probably 'safer' to go elsewhere Wink

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:31pm
Hugely appropriate intervention from the Moderator imho.  Star

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 7:56pm
Rub her out for months. You can't go around bad mouthing your boss without consequence. Rules are rules. 

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:01pm
Was there supposed to be a Ouch or a Cry somewhere there 38? 

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Rub her out for months. You can't go around bad mouthing your boss without consequence. Rules are rules. 

you have to be kidding! he is not her boss, the only people he's the boss of are the stewards who work under him - and it's about time some of these people understood that trainers like Kate, owners and other participants make it possible for him and others like him to have a job. She is self-employed. Issue here is that rules have been ignored in prosecuting her and if you don't know what happened maybe you don't need to comment.

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: tillyras
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:26pm
Shawy38, Are you taking the p!ss.. You can't possibly be serious with what you are saying. terry is not the boss of the trainers. 

Posted By: the miz
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 8:47pm
It seems participants get beaten down when they have something to say. Racing is so immature and NSW and Vic are destroying it. Rotten to the core.

-------------
the miz
v'landwick the king of spin

Posted By: Einstein
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:35pm
So what did Kate actually do?

Posted By: mc41
Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:44pm
This wouldn't be the first time a steward has taken a dislike to a trainer,nor will it be the last unfortunately

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

So what did Kate actually do?

nothing I'm aware of, there was some issue with another female trainer at Kilmore that was blown out of proportion and the Kilmore boss decided that he'd be a jerk and stewards always back club admin

-------------
to the victor

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:25pm
Ripper news for once Clap

Investigation rules in favour of Goodrich

BY Adrian Dunn - @adriandunn2
2 hours ago http://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing" rel="nofollow - Horse Racing

AN independent investigation has found Kilmore Racing Club’s suspension of trainer Kate Goodrich “flawed and unjustified”.

Racing Victoria issued a statement on Goodrich, who has been embroiled in a two-and-a-half-year dispute with the KRC. The KRC told Goodrich in August 2013 that she was unable to train her small team of horse from Kilmore. She and partner Jon Hassall were forced to float their horses to Seymour to train them.

The matter was sparked by a tweet from Goodrich who was critical of the track’s condition. After several attempts, including  mediation, failed to gain a resolution, RV appointed last year an independent third-party investigator – FBIS International – to look into complaints raised by Goodrich of her treatment by the Kilmore Racing Club.

“It is the opinion of the investigator in their draft report that Ms Goodrich’s allegations of bullying and threatening behaviour against KRC were sustained in the context of the Fairwork Australia Ombudsman definition and that her suspension by KRC was flawed and unjustified,” the RV statement reads.

“Since receipt of the investigator’s draft report, RV has sought to engage with Ms Goodrich and her representatives in a bid to facilitate a resolution of her dispute with KRC, and RV remains committed to doing so at the earliest opportunity.

“Discussions regarding the matter remain on-going with Ms Goodrich and her representatives. These are best conducted on a confidential basis and thus we do not intend to comment further on the specifics of the matter at this time.”

Goodrich said the dispute had “decimated her business” and caused her to “suffer depression and anxiety”. She said the protracted dispute had “taken its toll on my health and my business.”

“No one has given me a horse to train since this has happened and I can understand that. Why would anyone give me a horse to train with this hanging over me?

“It should never have come to this. There are still so many questions that need to be asked about the handling of all this. There needs to be accountability at all levels.

“The culture of racing needs to change.”

RV has commenced work on an enhanced Governance Education Program for country clubs to assist in their management processes.

This is in addition to initiatives over the past 12 months to support the health and wellbeing of trainers, including the appointment of a full-time RV Trainer Wellbeing Officer, the development of an online TrainersPlus portal and the introduction of the Australian Trainers Trust.

-------------

Posted By: subastral
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:29pm
Go Kate!!!!

Posted By: skippy123
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:35pm
Good she is finally starting to get some answers and acknowledgement... Seems to take a while down here...

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 8:46pm
Good news for Kate, about time she had answers. 2.5 years, why the long delay?

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:18pm
utter disgrace from the get go - I hope they find some way to compensate her for her trouble and stop this systematic bullying of licensees - it's 2016 it's not good enough

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: sparticus
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:44pm
What a joke!

Good on you Kate, can't wait to see what else comes about from this. 

Girl deserves compensation for lost business!

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:46pm
Have the Kilmore board been sacked?

Posted By: whitt0
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

Have the Kilmore board been sacked?

good question.

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:01pm
I think they had some issues with budget and the ceo has moved on - but not 100% sure.

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: Sunline
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:30pm
They should reimburse her for float costs for 2.5 years.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Bi Carb
Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:43pm
The CEO that caused her grief has long gone and fair to say he has left a few jobs with a lot of ???????'s hanging over him.
Kate is to be admired for her strength of character and for not allowing herself to be bullied into silence.
From what I know of her she is very highly regarded and is known to be impeccably honest and decent.

Date Posted: 29 Feb 2016 at 10:55pm
we all also need an explanation from TB as to why he sided with the club and acted the way he did, and why it has taken so long for the report to come out - victimizing people who don't deserve it just because they stand up for themselves is simply not on 

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: The Insider
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 2:42am
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

utter disgrace from the get go - I hope they find some way to compensate her for her trouble and stop this systematic bullying of licensees - it's 2016 it's not good enough
Linghi, RV should take a good look at this type of behaviour. It seems to be a culture within the industry and always targets the smaller names. They know full well that most of the victims do not have the money to fight in the courts. Well done to Ms Goodrich and congratulations for her determination.ClapClapClapClapClap

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 7:10am
Agreed and even with those that put up $$$ to fight they prolong cases in a deliberate attempt to hope people will either give up or run out of money, then case closed...
This culture starts at the top- if the CS is able to reportedly yell at trainers summoned to RV for voicing an opinion, what behaviour is allowed (and possibly promoted)by integrity underlings that visit trainers stables etc away from a more public eye?.

Date Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 11:01am
Governments in every state and territory need to establish an independent body where grievances like this should be taken and treated seriously - racing admin cannot be allowed to continue unchecked and invincible - they need to lead by example and be fully accountable.

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: Glencoe
Date Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 10:03pm
I think the CEO was a John Cameron.   Can someone post his C.V. I think it would be hard to believe what this bloke has unachieved.

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:20pm
I am not sure what it is about but she is giving it to them this morning on twitter.

https://twitter.com/kategoodrich" rel="nofollow - - @kategoodrich    https://twitter.com/kategoodrich/status/732354468176527360" rel="nofollow -

Just got an update on my first winner Stinkin rich out & about on the weekend. Great job Kilmore RC, RV & CRV...

0 retweets0 likes
< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor js- js-Reply" -modal="ProTweet-reply" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">

< ="ProTweet- js- js-Retweet" -modal="ProTweet-retweet" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">
Retweet

< ="ProTweet- js- js-Favorite" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">

< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">
More

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:21pm
https://twitter.com/kategoodrich" rel="nofollow - - @kategoodrich    https://twitter.com/kategoodrich/status/732355077290102784" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/kategoodrich/status/732355077290102784" rel="nofollow -

& an update on my Gunbower plunge horse Mondelago. Again I hope you're proud of what you've achieved KRC RV & CRV

0 retweets0 likes
< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor js- js-Reply" -modal="ProTweet-reply" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">
< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" ="" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; border: 0px; padding: 0px 2px; : relative; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">

More

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:28pm
I imagine they're ones she had to let go whilst unable to train anywhere & if she majority owned them, they probably had to go due to lack of funds. Purely supposition tho' Confused
All the same, great to see them well homed Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 12:51pm
They deserve everything she gives them. Unaccountable, small-minded, vindictive a$$holes. Wouldn't know how to admit their mistake and do the right thing for once, all about saving face no matter the damage.

-------------
to the victor

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 3:00pm

Goodrich: Racing Victoria has destroyed me

BY ADRIAN DUNN -  http://www.twitter.com/@adriandunn2" rel="nofollow - @ADRIANDUNN2
9 hours from now  https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing" rel="nofollow - Horse Racing
https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing/embattled-trainer-kate-goodrich#disqus_thread" rel="nofollow -

Kate Goodrich (Pic: supplied)

Embattled trainer Kate Goodrich claims Racing Victoria has “destroyed her” and asked Fair Work Australia to place a “stop bullying order” against Racing Victoria CEO Bernard Saundry on Tuesday.

Goodrich claims the inaction of RV in dealing with her bullying case has left her with no alternative but to take action against Saundry. She claims Saundry has done nothing to address the findings of an independent investigation, which found she had been “bullied” and subject to “threatening behaviour” while training horses at Kilmore.

The independent investigation, commissioned by RV, also found a suspension of Goodrich by the Kilmore Racing Club to be “flawed, unjustifiable and did not withstand scrutiny”.

“They have destroyed me,” Goodrich said. “Looking at these horses just breaks my heart. I’ve got to the point where I will have to sell everything.”

Goodrich said Saundry has been in possession of the independent report for 10 months, but “has done nothing”. She said the bullying was continuing.

“For three years I haven’t been provided with a safe workplace,” Goodrich said.

“Racing Victoria is not going to handle it – they just go around and around in circles.

“I need someone to come in and make a ruling on the investigation.”

RV declined to discuss spec...

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: subastral
Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 3:51pm
I find it staggering that an independent report, commissioned by RV, found in favour of Kate, yet not one thing has happened since. Have they chosen to ignore this report? Why haven't people lost their jobs? Why hasn't Kate received an apology and compensation?
They clearly just want her to go away. Bad move. For anyone that follows her on twitter, they picked the wrong person to ignore!
Go get them Kate!

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 4:35pm
This tarnishes RV's image and denies them any shred of credibility on other issues. Sick industry where participants passed the hat around to help O'Shea when he did the wrong thing, but will do nothing to help this brave woman.

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 6:12pm
RV have not done a hell of a lot right in the last 12 months and the things they have tried to do they have simply stuffed up.

Posted By: robbo
Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 7:05pm

This tarnishes RV's image and denies them any shred of credibility on other issues. Sick industry where participants passed the hat around to help O'Shea when he did the wrong thing, but will do nothing to help this brave woman.

Where are the ATA on this? Is Kate a member?

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 7:43pm
Surely there is a lawyer out there who could take up the cudgels on Kate's behalf and sue for damages, pain and suffering etc........hard to believe it's 2016, more like the good old 80's when it really was a boys club #VRCboysclubrules

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Where are the ATA on this? Is Kate a member?

I think you will find the T stands for Toothless Robbo

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:56pm
As distinct from "personal circumstances" Macca.

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:59pm
No one says anything because they're afraid the spotlight and prosecution will be onto them next. Trainers' associations do nothing, not sure why you'd bother joining them. Trainers' licenses put a lot of constraints on trainers and this set up provides them with zero protection from licensing bodies.

-------------
to the victor

Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 9:07pm
In this context should mention that a TBV member has personal experience that he'd almost certainly prefer to forget as a prior executive with the ATA.  He the the butt of politics and lack of support if memory serves.

Whether he chooses to add further to this debate is perhaps a moot point.

Posted By: The Ear
Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 10:34pm
The ATA have pathetic for years

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 17 May 2016 at 10:45pm
No one says anything because they're afraid the spotlight and prosecution will be onto them next.

Quote Linghi  ^^^^
And isnt that just what some were trying to point out,  in the Sarah Moody tweet thread ?  if you speak up you get dumped on big time .  While others refused to accept it happens often , in all areas .

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:05am
What is that old saying ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:06am

Evil prevails when good men do nothing

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:08am
I don't know the story, but surely she could have found somewhere else to train??? Sure, it shouldn't be upto her to move, or train on the backroads/paddocks etc, but a lot of trainers do that. At least until she was allowed back at Kilmore...

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 1:06am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Evil prevails when good men do nothing

I was going to quote that but then I'm not sure the people doing nothing about it are at all good.

-------------
to the victor

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 1:09am

I don't know the story, but surely she could have found somewhere else to train??? Sure, it shouldn't be upto her to move, or train on the backroads/paddocks etc, but a lot of trainers do that. At least until she was allowed back at Kilmore...

Don't quote me on it but I think she had to drive the horses to Seymour to work them every day.

-------------
to the victor

Posted By: robbo
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 11:34am

No one says anything because they're afraid the spotlight and prosecution will be onto them next. Trainers' associations do nothing, not sure why you'd bother joining them. Trainers' licenses put a lot of constraints on trainers and this set up provides them with zero protection from licensing bodies.

It's an interesting point. I was on the executive of the NSWTA after it broke away from the ATA, and our entire mantra was to speak on behalf of trainers because we didn't have a licence to protect. Accordingly, in theory at least, we could speak with more candour and those with the power would have less levers to pull to prevent criticism. They still had some, as I learnt personally, but we were able to at least provide some balance and a dissenting voice at a time of significant upheaval in the industry in NSW.

Kate's case seems like a prime case for Association intervention. Whether this comes in the form of public support or being an advocate behind closed doors to facilitate resolution would be their prerogative - but having a licenced person seek a "stop bullying" order against the issuer of the licence would suggest a broken system.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 11:42am
The system is absolutely broken. The licensing authority have too much power and they spend their resources on shutting people up and bullying them rather than providing an appropriate work environment. You speak up - you're persecuted till you pack up and leave. Trainers ranks have little unity thus exposing as for every trainer being harassed there's plenty being allowed to get away with murder.

-------------
to the victor

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:00pm

She chose not to move because she believes she has done no wrong, as has been backed up by RV as you can see in the recent article:

Investigation rules in favour of Goodrich

BY Adrian Dunn - @adriandunn2
2 hours ago http://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing" rel="nofollow - Horse Racing

AN independent investigation has found Kilmore Racing Club’s suspension of trainer Kate Goodrich “flawed and unjustified”.

Racing Victoria issued a statement on Goodrich, who has been embroiled in a two-and-a-half-year dispute with the KRC. The KRC told Goodrich in August 2013 that she was unable to train her small team of horse from Kilmore. She and partner Jon Hassall were forced to float their horses to Seymour to train them.

The matter was sparked by a tweet from Goodrich who was critical of the track’s condition. After several attempts, including  mediation, failed to gain a resolution, RV appointed last year an independent third-party investigator – FBIS International – to look into complaints raised by Goodrich of her treatment by the Kilmore Racing Club.

“It is the opinion of the investigator in their draft report that Ms Goodrich’s allegations of bullying and threatening behaviour against KRC were sustained in the context of the Fairwork Australia Ombudsman definition and that her suspension by KRC was flawed and unjustified,” the RV statement reads.

“Since receipt of the investigator’s draft report, RV has sought to engage with Ms Goodrich and her representatives in a bid to facilitate a resolution of her dispute with KRC, and RV remains committed to doing so at the earliest opportunity.

“Discussions regarding the matter remain on-going with Ms Goodrich and her representatives. These are best conducted on a confidential basis and thus we do not intend to comment further on the specifics of the matter at this time.”

Goodrich said the dispute had “decimated her business” and caused her to “suffer depression and anxiety”. She said the protracted dispute had “taken its toll on my health and my business.”

“No one has given me a horse to train since this has happened and I can understand that. Why would anyone give me a horse to train with this hanging over me?

“It should never have come to this. There are still so many questions that need to be asked about the handling of all this. There needs to be accountability at all levels.

“The culture of racing needs to change.”

RV has commenced work on an enhanced Governance Education Program for country clubs to assist in their management processes.

This is in addition to initiatives over the past 12 months to support the health and wellbeing of trainers, including the appointment of a full-time RV Trainer Wellbeing Officer, the development of an online TrainersPlus portal and the introduction of the Australian Trainers Trust.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:39pm
This report from March ("two months ago")? may clarify a few things better. Both Boyd and Cameron have gone from the KRC and it seems that processes are in train which may see Goodrich compensated. That being the case then she ought to be talking to her her legal rep if she's unhappy about progress. Many legal processes take an inordinate length of time to resolve.

https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing/kilmore-board-remains-post-goodrich-case

Kilmore board remains post Goodrich case

BY ADRIAN DUNN @ADRIANDUNN2
2 months ago  https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing" rel="nofollow - Horse Racing
https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing/kilmore-board-remains-post-goodrich-case#disqus_thread" rel="nofollow -
TRAINER Kate Goodrich will meet later this month with Victorian Racing Minister Martin Pakula after an independent investigation found the Kilmore Racing Club had bullied and threatened Goodrich. Racing Victoria will not ask the KRC Board to stand down despite an independent investigation finding it had bullied and threatened Goodrich and its suspension of her from training horses at Kilmore was “flawed and unjustified”.
RV CEO Bernard Saundry said the club would be given the newly struck Governance Education Program on how to deal with management disputes. Saundry said the club would be assisted by RV on education and training and “appropriate governance procedures”.

Lawrie Boyd, the then chairman of the KRC, and John Cameron, the then CEO of the KRC during the dispute with Goodrich that began in August 2013 when the club suspended her from training horses at Kilmore, are no longer at the club.

Saundry would not be drawn on whether RV would offer Goodrich a financial package given what she has endured professionally and emotionally. “That will be a confidential discussion,” Saundry said.

An independent investigator - FBIS International - found KRC’s suspension of Goodrich “flawed and unjustified” and that her allegations of bullying and threatening behaviour against KRC were sustained in the context of the Fairwork Australia Ombudsman definition.

Goodrich said the RV decision not to progress the situation with the KRC highlighted a “lack of empathy RV has for people who have been bullied”.

“I know a lot of people who have been bullied in racing and they are looking for ways for it to be changed,” Goodrich said.

“The culture hasn’t changed. RV is stuck in the 19th century with its thinking on this.”

Goodrich tweeted today that the KRC has shown “no remorse for the damage and hurt that has been caused by their actions”. She also tweeted that questions “must be asked why it took almost six months to come forward with the findings and why no action has been taken by the controlling body.”

Pakula said he has arranged to meet Goodrich later this month to discuss her continuing concerns over not only the bullying issue, but how RV has handled the issue.

"I'm aware of Ms Goodrich's dispute with the KRC, as it's been going for a number of years,” Pakula said.

"RVL commissioned an independent inquiry into Ms Goodrich's complaints, and I understand that RVL is now in discussion with Ms Goodrich and her representatives about the outcomes of that inquiry.

"Those matters are, and must remain to be resolved between RVL and Ms Goodrich. Notwithstanding that, Ms Goodrich has requested a meeting with me, and that meeting has been scheduled to occur in a couple of weeks."

Goodrich tweeted last night that RV communication with her since the finding of the FBIS investigation was completed has been via Minter Ellison, a law firm that acts for RV. She said it was not until last week when media made inquiries that RV contacted her personally.

Goodrich has also contacted Racing Integrity Commissioner Sal Perna, who in turn has requested a response from RV as to how it is resolving the situation.The KRC told Goodrich in August 2013 that she was unable to train her small team of horses from Kilmore. She and partner Jon Hassall were forced to float their horses to Seymour to train them. Goodrich had been publicly critical of the club’s track conditions.

RV said in its statement that it has sought to engage with Goodrich and her legal representative Peter Jess “in a bid to facilitate a resolution of her dispute with KRC, and RV remains committed to doing so at the earliest opportunity.”

“Discussions regarding the matter remain ongoing with Ms Goodrich and her representatives. These are best conducted on a confidential basis and thus we do not intend to comment further on the specifics of the matter at this time.”

“The culture of racing has to change.”

KRC CEO Ben Murphy was unavailable when  http://gix.com.au/" rel="nofollow - GIX.com.au  contacted the club today.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 9:44pm

Kate Goodrich: "I feel worthless"

BY BRUCE CLARK -  http://www.twitter.com/@snowyclark" rel="nofollow - @SNOWYCLARK
1 day ago  https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing" rel="nofollow - Horse Racing
https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing/they-didnt-give-a-crap-about-me#disqus_thread" rel="nofollow -

Kate Goodrich. (Pic: Supplied)

Victoria’s independent racing integrity commissioner Sal Perna has confirmed a meeting with embattled trainer Kate Goodrich will take place next week.

Perna wants to understand if his department has any jurisdiction that may assist in accelerating a suitable outcome in Goodrich’s long-running bullying battle with Racing Victoria and the Kilmore Racing Club.

But Perna is still to receive a copy from RV of the independent FBIS International report that they commissioned themselves that found the KRC’s decision to suspend her from training in 2013 was “flawed and unjustified”.

The FBIS report confirmed Goodrich’s allegations of bullying and threatening behaviour by the KRC were "sustained in the context of the Fair Work Australia Ombudsman definition".

“I have been dealing with Kate via email and letters receiving information about her issues with Racing Victoria,” Perna told G1X.com.au.

“At this stage I need to be able to make a decision whether this falls under my jurisdiction. These issues complained about may be integrity related in a broad sense or legislative – two different things. The best way to gauge is to sit down properly and find out exactly what has happened.”

Asked about the FBIS report, Perna suggested it could be “part of the puzzle” but said RV had provided his office with plenty of information on the Goodrich case.

But Perna noted that Goodrich’s engagement with Work Safe Australia was a significant part of his interest.

“They are always complex issues but it boils down to accountability and responsibility and we need to work through this to see if my department can assist Kate in this matter," Perna said. 

RV refused to discuss the FBIS report and why Perna’s department hadn’t received it, saying it had attempted to negotiate an outcome with Goodrich to no satisfaction and that discussions were ongoing.

“Since receipt of the investigator’s draft report, RV has made multiple and comprehensive representations to Ms Goodrich on behalf of the industry to facilitate a resolution of her dispute with KRC, however Ms Goodrich has not entertained those," RV CEO Bernard Saundry said.

"Those representations remain confidential and we do not intend to discuss them publicly. 

“Likewise, we do not intend to comment on any discussions or correspondence that may have taken place between the racing integrity commissioner and RV on the matter.

It is not a view shared by Goodrich, who suggested any potential outcomes have come with caveats of enforced silence.

“I feel worthless. I have nowhere to train, my stable is decimated and I am being run out of the industry even though it is acknowledged that I have been bullied and unfairly treated,” Goodrich said.

“As bad as the bullying case has been what really hurts is the covering up of the report via confidentiality and the zero action that has taken place to rectify the matter or meaningfully and respectfully deal with my position, and it starts at the top.

“This has been three years of hell and what’s changed? It’s about time all of this was put out openly on the table.

“I’m not doing this for money, it’s about accountability. Those who perpetrated these actions against me need to be held responsible for them and dealt with appropriately, they didn’t give a crap about me. The culture of racing needs to change,” Goodrich said.

Goodrich has taken her case to the racing minister Martin Pakula for discussion and awareness as well as Fair Work (subsequently dropped), but G1X.com.au understands that ABC’s 4 Cornersprogram is working her case for a story.

Goodrich told G1X.com.au her stable is down to one owner and she has dropped from providing 108 starters in her 2012-13 season to working just five horse “around the hills” at home.

“I’ve got some well bred young horses here related to Husson Eagle who haven’t been educated as well as Nediym Lass and De Little Engine which may have to go on the market,” Goodrich said.

RV said the KRC had been part of a re-education program in relation to disputes and work place incidents.

“The KRC, under a new chairman and chief executive, has undertaken a series of measures to improve their administrative and dispute resolution processes, as well as enhancements to their operational safety procedures,” Saundry said.

“The KRC has also engaged an independent corporate governance expert to conduct a review of their processes and undertake a training and education program for KRC committee and staff.

“More broadly, RV has been working on a governance education program for country clubs to assist in their management processes. As part of this, new dispute resolution processes have been distributed to country clubs of which a number have already adopted them. These will be further discussed at an upcoming country clubs workshop, as will governance expectations and requirements.”

The Kate Goodrich bullying case is obviously not going anywhere – after three years. Perhaps the Sal Perna intervention will prove positive.

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 10:03pm
Kate Goodrich trains De Little Engine ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 10:26pm
No, it's poorly scripted/edited Disapprove it should read she has relations to DLE & the other one mentioned but does read as tho' she trains them.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 10:27pm
Obviously G1X don't have an editor (or if they do, they aren't very good)

Posted By: early4lunch
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 12:14am
at least they got the story out

Posted By: BlackKnight
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 2:43am
Albeit poorly

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 3:49pm
It takes two to tango and from what I can gather, Kate isn't open to any negotiation with RV. There comes a time where you just have to cut your losses, be the bigger person and walk away knowing you are right but will never get an apology.
I get that she shouldn't have to move from KRC, but the point is, has all this been worth it for her? No. Its killed her career, her health and god knows whatever else. Stay in discussions, but move on as best you can.

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 3:54pm
She's after far more than an apology, and with good reason.

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 4:47pm

It takes two to tango and from what I can gather, Kate isn't open to any negotiation with RV. There comes a time where you just have to cut your losses, be the bigger person and walk away knowing you are right but will never get an apology.
I get that she shouldn't have to move from KRC, but the point is, has all this been worth it for her? No. Its killed her career, her health and god knows whatever else. Stay in discussions, but move on as best you can.

that's the sort of attitude that sees people like the KRC board members and ex CEO get away with murder 

-------------
to the victor

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 7:12pm
It's about accountability and nothing else. Rightfully so

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 7:48pm
Whatever she is after, surely her health is more important??

Date Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 8:36pm
Agreed it is- but until she gets proper closure it will likely continue to eat away at her.

Posted By: Magnolian Khan
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 7:24pm
What is this all about?

Street Stalker - after receiving a report from the Compliance Assurance Team that trainer Ms Kate Goodrich had denied them access to her licensed training premises to inspect the gelding, acting under the provisions of AR8(m), Stewards ordered the withdrawal of the gelding at 2.55pm and an inquiry has been adjourned to a date to be fixed.

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 7:34pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 7:59pm
Unhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 8:01pm
Surely it will bring her drama to a head and get it sorted out.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: anabel
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 8:06pm
I know this is a complicated issue, but the police are not the appropriate resource to call for this. Waste of their time.

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 8:08pm
So who should she call ?

She clearly does not trust the Stewards to carry out their jobs properly.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 8:16pm
She has an axe to grind but actions like this surely don't help her cause

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 8:21pm
Nothing was seemingly getting done so just maybe this will help her cause.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 8:46pm
Not a wasted resource when one of the people wanting to enter her property she has apparently issued many formal complaints against..
I think she acted appropriately- she didn't refuse them access, she just wanted an independent 3rd party present..
Agreed djebel- maybe this will bring the issue to head??

Posted By: Magnolian Khan
Date Posted: 12 Dec 2016 at 8:56pm
How long had this issue been ongoing? Feels like 3 years at least

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net