Uncle Mo $24,200 (NEW)
Zoffany $11,000 (NEW)

All fees include GST

-------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greenwood-Lake/604236969624888

Replies:
Posted By: Ash
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:18pm
What price did you expect? In comparison to the way most most first season sires are priced at I think it's probably about right. Manhattan Rain's first season was 44 from memory, so SYT at 66 is reasonable.

Posted By: AussieOi
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:29pm
Lol, 44k would have been more reasonable. Hes gone from a stallion everyone raved about to a dud on his past few performances. Not worthy of the 66k at all.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:54pm
Hang on, how has he become a dud?? He's run credibly overseas, picked up Group 1's and put in some really sound efforts in some of the world's best races with questionable tactics from trainer and jockeys.

He is a spectacular looker, and you cannot take away his achievements here in Australia prior to his departure. The horse would have emulated Kingston Town and won three consequtive Cox Plate's had he stayed here, nothing is more sure than that. Might have even won 4 straight if he ket going into this spring.

I think the horse will be absolutely inundated at 66K, just imagine how popular his first crop will be.

I generally don't like first season sires standing at more than 30K, but this is a very special horse and the market will support him strongly at that figure.

Posted By: Fastnetrock
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:05pm
He will be the first 1 booked out so fee is right IMO

Posted By: BSB Raiderman
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:10pm
I'd rather pay $66k for SYT than $11k for Oratorio

-------------
Novocastrian Racing, Non Profit Newcastle Syndicator

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:56pm
Seriously? The races where he should have won, but didnt, wether it was bad race tatics or just he couldnt do it, puts a dampner on him more than his highlight wins.

And yes he MAY have won a 3rd cox plate, but he didnt, so you cant take that into the equasion

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:29pm
It doesn't put a dampner at all, well certainly not to southern hemisphere breeders.

The only thing to my mind that puts a dampner commercially is his 3rd placing in the Melbourne Cup and that dampner is only because there are a lot of idiots out there who cannot accept the versatility of high class horses and want to label everything.

This horse has just about everything you look for in a stallion. He was an outstanding 3yo, was effective at a mile, had a great turn of foot, proved himself at WFA at 3,4,5 and is just about the best looking horse you will ever see. 

He has a presence about him that you only see very rarely. Whether he makes a champion stallion or not is another question but I can assure you he will be super popular, certainly the most popular first season sire available in Australasia in 2012. 

Posted By: vontastic
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:17pm
Interesting to see what Coolmore Ireland set his 2013 fee at

Posted By: Quezacotl
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:25pm
What horse's from oz have performed at his level internationally ever...?

I don't think it's too high on his performances, he's been terribly placed by O'Brien, Dubai was pathetic placement, as was the breeders, he's a turf horse ffs, his breeding on mums side is wonderful, 60k is about right, I'd send a mare to him, possibly a mare with stamina actually.

-------------
SPRINTER SACRE - "SIMPLY THE BEST"

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by vontastic vontastic wrote:

Interesting to see what Coolmore Ireland set his 2013 fee at

I bet its half what he is now. They are capitalising on Australias *love* for him, not on his achievements.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Quezacotl Quezacotl wrote:

I don't think it's too high on his performances, he's been terribly placed by O'Brien, Dubai was pathetic placement, as was the breeders, he's a turf horse ffs, his breeding on mums side is wonderful, 60k is about right, I'd send a mare to him, possibly a mare with stamina actually.

So because hes from Oz (well NZ really isnt he?) they get to ask more? If he was a european horse, there is no way hed be above 44k

Posted By: Slim Pickens
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:59pm

Phar Lap, Sailor's Guide, Balmerino and Strawberry Road, and it's debatable if any of them performed with more consistency at the highest level than SYT.  Best thing u have ever seen beaten in an arc, course record time, not a horse passed him in the run and made ground on the winner.

-------------
Who says i'm dumb?

Posted By: Run For Fun
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:19pm
Eight Group 1 wins, three overseas.

Darley staff will surely get knocked over in the rush for his services.

-------------
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers

Posted By: Gee Gee
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:21pm
Duke of Marmalade & Dylan Thomas would have won those cox plates

Posted By: kavg
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:34pm
One for the regulars here.

I was once told that a successful stallion almost always has a dam that had plenty of ancestors who had been able to produce stallions.

Having a look at SYT's dam there doesn't seem to be many stallions coming from it. Is that a concern for his stud success? In other words will it stop him from becoming a top-line stallion and relegate him to a run-of-the-mill stallion?

Posted By: Slim Pickens
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Gee Gee Gee Gee wrote:

Duke of Marmalade & Dylan Thomas would have won those cox plates

and they proably would have beaten KT, Dulcify, Sunline and M&P as well, so your point is??????

-------------
Who says i'm dumb?

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

One for the regulars here.

I was once told that a successful stallion almost always has a dam that had plenty of ancestors who had been able to produce stallions.

Having a look at SYT's dam there doesn't seem to be many stallions coming from it. Is that a concern for his stud success? In other words will it stop him from becoming a top-line stallion and relegate him to a run-of-the-mill stallion?

So You Thinks family has been in Australasia since the mid 1850s, would it have had many high class racing males retire to stud ?

I will have a look.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:00pm
Doesn't look like it Djebel, but that is part of my question. Looking at his tail female it is quite heavily biased to producing female progeny (although Triassic is 50:50). The only stallion I could find of any note was Turf Ruler but I'm not sure how successful he was-studbook shows he had 7 stakeswinners from 207 live foals in australia.
Perhaps it is a female line like the Denise's Joy family that has produced a number of stakeswinners with the majority being female and only a few stallions with average results.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:02pm
Turf Ruler sired 7 stakes winner, one group 2 winner.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:09pm
If you analyse the progeny of the direct female family, going back 6 generations, you'll find that they've produced about 80% females up until Triassic.

-------------

Cheers

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by kavg kavg wrote:

Doesn't look like it Djebel, but that is part of my question. Looking at his tail female it is quite heavily biased to producing female progeny (although Triassic is 50:50). The only stallion I could find of any note was Turf Ruler but I'm not sure how successful he was-studbook shows he had 7 stakeswinners from 207 live foals in australia.
Perhaps it is a female line like the Denise's Joy family that has produced a number of stakeswinners with the majority being female and only a few stallions with average results.

Thorn Park is from the Denise's Joy family

Champion sire of NZ 2011-12

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

Eight Group 1 wins, three overseas.

Darley staff will surely get knocked over in the rush for his services.

What tha??

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:17pm
...er, Coolmore.  Embarrassed

-------------

Cheers

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:34pm
That's about what I saw RFF. Does this predominance of the tail female producing females signify a negative to SYT's chances of being a success? I don't know either way just thought i'd put it out there to see what others think.

Soothsayer-Thorn Park is doing well but hasn't become a High chaparral or Fastnet Rock although it is early and he is showing some positive signs. I do like Thorn Park as a racehorse, a specimen and as a stallion if I had a suitable mare. When I say average, I don't mean ordinary, I mean 'not superb'-such as warranting a $66,000 service fee. (Thorn Park's fee is $22000NZ-a bargain!)

Posted By: Lordy
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:28pm
Brings up the old argument.  SYT for $66k or High Chap for $77k.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:31pm
That probably sums it up very succinctly Lordy. 

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:22pm
We really are being harsh on SYT here I reckon, he is a "world class galloper".. who could have performed so much better here, continued winning and would have way less less dud runs if he had of been placed by Bart here, he would be unbeaten but for his Melbourne Cup I reckon...he is a serious talent, don't forget that, I love him and think his talent will be passed on somewhere somehow, talent like that doesn't just disappear into the ether.

Tewll me, how much more is his service now that he went to Europe, as opposed to if he stayed here and won another 2 cox plates and multiple other WFA races like the BMW etc...?

Has Europe increased his fee or reduced it..I say it's ruined it my self.

-------------

Posted By: Biggles
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:38pm
What's happened to Starspangledbanner?

-------------
Flying High

Posted By: MichaelM
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Biggles Biggles wrote:

Fertility issues I believe.

Posted By: Fremz
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:05pm
Question to everyone.... do you think his overseas haunts have increased, decreased or had little to no effect on his Australian service fee.

I personally believe the latter. I remember before he went overseas I thought he'd be set somewhere around the 70k mark such was the hype around the horse.

-------------
for those about to punt, we salute you...

Posted By: EverydayImShufflin
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:13pm
I do think $66k is overs, I'm surprised by the number of people defending his fee. You have to remember that we're not in the 'good times' any more - when we could take any kind of correct enough colt to the sales an be almost certain of making money. Stud farms (not all, but many) still believe we are still in those days!

Yes, he won two cox plates - the first of which was dominated by two front running three year olds. Suggesting it was hardly a stellar field and he ran the race to suit. Whobegotyou was the only other runner in he field who held genuine group one credentials and he failed to stay strongly.

The second Cox Plate? He was a $1.50 favourite..... again, he didn't have to beat much, bar More Joyous who was unable to see out the distance on that occassion.

There was much talk about his performances overseas, and the riding instructions given. Shoulda, woulda, coulda in my opinion. He just wasn't quite up to the european stayers - which is by no means a negative, but $66k........?

His sire is $77k this year and I'd imagine they will deal on him more aggressively than So You Think. I know which price is more appealing to me.

I'm by no means saying he's going to be a failure, or that he was a poor racehorse. He certainly wasn't and I hope he won't be a failure but I think he's overs at that price. $55k down to $45k-$50k would have been much more realistic in these tough times.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Fremz Fremz wrote:

Question to everyone.... do you think his overseas haunts have increased, decreased or had little to no effect on his Australian service fee.

I personally believe the latter. I remember before he went overseas I thought he'd be set somewhere around the 70k mark such was the hype around the horse.

I reckon had he won the Prince Of Wales + The Arc he would be standing at 100,000+ so in effect what he achieved has probably saved Aussie breeders 25,000 or so maybe even more.

I doubt the races that he won in Europe have added to what he would have stood for had he raced exclusively in Australia.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:19pm
Europe added nothing to his appeal, he was poorly trained and placed by O'Brien.

He was the horse on everyone's lips here before Dato became greedy and sold him off.

He's been slaughtered by jockeys and trainers and now everyone bags the horse, the races he won in irlenad were so crap that you could of sent benchmark 58ers from here and won them..pathetic.

He will make a lovely stallion and I would not hesitate to send mares to him if I could afford it.

-------------

Posted By: ianb
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:54pm
Well I can't afford it

Posted By: Fremz
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:05am
I agree with Quez, I think he will be a star stallion. He's going to appeal to a lot of mares in this country. I believe he is going to have the rare ability to create sprinters right through to stayers, depending on what he is mated with. 

The Sadlers Wells line has proven to cross well with Danehill/Danzig line mares, So You Think probably has as much brilliance than any stallion through that line in the world today, and you'd be hard pressed to find one as good looking.

-------------
for those about to punt, we salute you...

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:02pm
He certainly is a handsome type, such regal looks and muscular build, he has to throw some magificent types for sure, and being black he will put out blacks too with the right mares...gotta love a black horse with a white blaze...sharp..!!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:06pm
Just on service fees..

If he stands for 66k and his first crop won't be seen for 3 years, what chances are there that his fee will drop before the first crop races..?

I'm just thinking that if you wanted to send a mare to him but not pay 66k wait till right before his first crop race and gamble they will be good runners and pop your mare into him right before then...if his books are small, then a reduction in fee would ensue or no..?

-------------

Posted By: don
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 4:59pm
The question I always ask myself is "what would his fee be if he turns out to be really successful -say in the top 10 Australian sires?'
In a lot of cases a really successful stallion ends up with a lesser fee than his initial price.

Posted By: carche
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:58pm

Just on service fees..

If he stands for 66k and his first crop won't be seen for 3 years, what chances are there that his fee will drop before the first crop races..?

I'm just thinking that if you wanted to send a mare to him but not pay 66k wait till right before his first crop race and gamble they will be good runners and pop your mare into him right before then...if his books are small, then a reduction in fee would ensue or no..?

Take a look at Lonhro.  Started on $66K.  By 2009 it had dropped to $33K, up to $88K in 2010, down to $77K in 2011, now skyrocketed to $110K this season. 

It might be, as in the case with Lonhro & Woodlands/Darley, that a large percentage of the early mares he serves will be those owned by Coolmore who may retain a portion of his yearlings to race under their banner (look at Fastnet Rock and Atlantic Jewel as an example).  I could be wrong of course.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:29pm

Just on service fees..

They probably won't drop his advertised price, but would most likely negotiate a reduced fee to try and fill that 4th year book (also generally works that way in the 3rd year too).  Different though when you start talking about these 'superstar' horses when they go to stud, as they generally have little trouble filling them regardless.  Sea the Stars has had no trouble filling his book 3 years in a row without a drop in fee.

I tend to try and operate on sending mares to stallions in their 3rd or 4th year due to my reduced budget.  I think you have more to work with than that of a 1st or 2nd year sire, so while it is still a punt you can take some of the guess work out.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by carche carche wrote:

Just on service fees..

Take a look at Lonhro.  Started on $66K.  By 2009 it had dropped to $33K, up to $88K in 2010, down to $77K in 2011, now skyrocketed to $110K this season. 

It might be, as in the case with Lonhro & Woodlands/Darley, that a large percentage of the early mares he serves will be those owned by Coolmore who may retain a portion of his yearlings to race under their banner (look at Fastnet Rock and Atlantic Jewel as an example).  I could be wrong of course.

In Australia everything is for sale.  They do go and then buy a selected few at the sales, and keep horses to race who don't meet the reserve.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by MichaelM MichaelM wrote:

Just on service fees..

They probably won't drop his advertised price, but would most likely negotiate a reduced fee to try and fill that 4th year book (also generally works that way in the 3rd year too).  Different though when you start talking about these 'superstar' horses when they go to stud, as they generally have little trouble filling them regardless.  Sea the Stars has had no trouble filling his book 3 years in a row without a drop in fee.

I tend to try and operate on sending mares to stallions in their 3rd or 4th year due to my reduced budget.  I think you have more to work with than that of a 1st or 2nd year sire, so while it is still a punt you can take some of the guess work out.

Yeah this is what I getting at, it's gamble cause their progeny could be duds or superstars! but it's that third year where you find a crossroads in the stallions career and pricing, and it's here where you might just snag a bargain if he takes off the next few following years..Lonhro is a great example.

-------------

Posted By: Sullenberger
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Fastnetrock Fastnetrock wrote:

He will be the first 1 booked out so fee is right IMO

Fastnet,fastnet,fastnet ! You will bê the first booked out , u super shagger !

Posted By: carche
Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:55am
Thanks MichaelM for providing your insight knowledge into the breeding game.  This section of the forum is usually out of bounds for me as I've not a clue, but I've gained a greater appreciation thanks to our members who live and breath it and contribute their wealth of knowledge.  Many thanks.

Posted By: Wortel
Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 1:20pm
You need to start quality horses off on a high fee to prevent garbage mares bringing the stats down.

I think 66k is very fair and could've been 6 figures given his dual hemisphere G1 performances.

Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by carche carche wrote:

Thanks MichaelM for providing your insight knowledge into the breeding game.  This section of the forum is usually out of bounds for me as I've not a clue, but I've gained a greater appreciation thanks to our members who live and breath it and contribute their wealth of knowledge.  Many thanks.

X2

-------------

Posted By: amateur
Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 3:57pm

Originally posted by Biggles Biggles wrote:

Fertility issues I believe.

I heard the "fertility issues" thing too re SSB - I gather it was mentioned on TVN, but with no detail. Anyone know any more?  He stood his first season in the UK in 2011, with apparently a book of 64 mares (but I don't know how many live foals), then came south for an understandably bigger book of 116 mares, of which only 7 have so far appeared in the Stud Book as "missed".  So if there are indeed "fertility issues", there must be a lot of missed mares not yet returned as such, because that looks like a pretty good percentage so far!  But doesn't that show up within the first 6 weeks or so?

Also, did the "fertility issues" thing apply in the northern hemisphere as well? Odd, if so, because the northern season begins in February, so you'd think they'd have found out there was a problem long before he began here in September?

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:15pm
As you suggest Amateur the only returns thus far will be in respect of those who've missed or slipped, however generally speaking the majority of breeders don't ususally return mares that've missed until later in the year.  Or in more than the odd case don't return them at all.  So in reality the returns to date don't actually prove much at all just yet.

The point about NH covers is well made, so over to others who might know a bit more.

-------------

Cheers

Posted By: Fastnetrock
Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:07pm
Click on the mares name and you will find most mares got covered by another stallion so wont come up as missed.  Had issues in Ireland then came here and got smashed with 116 mares which is a lot considering they took him out of service half way thru season.  Then went back to Ireland for more.Wacko

Posted By: amateur
Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 6:43pm
Aha! Thanks - I didn't think to check out the individual mares.  But won't they still show in his stallion fertility stats, even if they don't end up "missed" on their own page?  Or will they just disappear into the inevitable gap referred to by RFF between number served and number of mare returns?

And you're right, he did indeed go back up north. He's up on the Coolmore Ireland site for the 2012 season with a 2012 fee of 10k in Euros, but his "stud record" tab on the site is just a one-page ad about what a wonderful racehorse he was, and nothing about numbers of 2012 foals or new covers.  Still, if they're prepared to put him out again up north, he can't have been a complete flop up there, so I suspect you're right: he did OK up there, but they overdid it with the book size down here. So no trip south this year at least - not until he's recovered his strength and the dust has settled on an apparently less-than-glorious first season.  And by next year they'll probably have some pretty baby-photos from the north to show us what nice foals he can make (given half a chance...!).

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:05pm
Can't they check fertily before a stallion is sold off to stud to perform duties..?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:48pm
I remembered this thread which covered most of the discussion around Starspangledbanner and his fertility issues and why they don't test for fertility pre-purchase.  http://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/starspangledbanner_topic35393_post595051.html?KW=starspangledbanner#595051" rel="nofollow - http://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/starspangledbanner_topic35393_post595051.html?KW=starspangledbanner#595051

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:56pm
Should know the answer to this but don't.

How do you identify which mares a stallion covers in a particular season?

Any help appreciated.

-------------

Cheers

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 7:58pm
Go to the stallion on the studbook website, click on fertility statistics then click on the year in question.

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 8:52pm

Go to the stallion on the studbook website, click on fertility statistics then click on the year in question.

Marvelous stuff.  Thanks MichaelM.  Star

-------------

Cheers

Posted By: EverydayImShufflin
Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 10:20am
Coolmore already starting to push him, and deal......... even they know he'll be tough work at 66k!

Posted By: furious
Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:39am
Are they just going to retire Starspangled Banner or work on him like they did with Foreplay.  Mind you I think Foreplay had better fertility than Starspangle Banner appeared to have.

Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:54am
Geld him and put him back into work..LOL..!!

-------------

Posted By: Munga Rangi
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2012 at 6:50pm
Out of curiosity, what sort of mares do my learned friends think will be the best match for SYT??

-------------
Caveat emptor

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 8:13am
http://goffs.com/sales-results/sales/november-foal-sale-2014/366/" rel="nofollow - 366 FSo You Think (NZ)Baby Blue Eyes (IRE)Ballingara Racing StablesWithdrawn
http://goffs.com/sales-results/sales/november-foal-sale-2014/422/" rel="nofollow - 422 FSo You Think (NZ)Gilt Free (IRE)Eclipse BloodstockWithdrawn
http://goffs.com/sales-results/sales/november-foal-sale-2014/529/" rel="nofollow - 529 CSo You Think (NZ)Rose Parade (GB)Woodford StudAnglia Bloodstock Ltd€48,000
http://goffs.com/sales-results/sales/november-foal-sale-2014/530/" rel="nofollow - 530 FSo You Think (NZ)Roselyn (GB)Jockey Hall StudRathasker Stud€14,500
http://goffs.com/sales-results/sales/november-foal-sale-2014/533/" rel="nofollow - 533 CSo You Think (NZ)Ruby Suesday (GB)Railstown StudWithdrawn
http://goffs.com/sales-results/sales/november-foal-sale-2014/622/" rel="nofollow - 622 FSo You Think (NZ)Bravada (GER)Killourney Mor FarmEmerald Bloodstock€16,000
http://goffs.com/sales-results/sales/november-foal-sale-2014/799/" rel="nofollow - 799 FSo You Think (NZ)Snippets (IRE)River Downs StudWithdrawn
http://goffs.com/sales-results/sales/november-foal-sale-2014/854/" rel="nofollow - 854 CSo You Think (NZ)Bali Breeze (IRE)Ballybin StudWithdrawn
http://goffs.com/sales-results/sales/november-foal-sale-2014/858/" rel="nofollow - 858 CSo You Think (NZ)Bolero Again (IRE)The Premier ConsignmentJohn P McGovern€8,000

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 8:14am
So You Think (NZ) 2006
 Life Number: NZ00252271bay or brown stallionDate of Birth: 10/11/2006 
 Microchip Number: N/ADNA Typed: Y 
 by High Chaparral (IRE) 1998Contact: Coolmore Australia 
 from Triassic (NZ) 1990Ph: 02 65764200  
 bred by M J Moran & Piper Farm Ltd2014 advertised service fee: $55000 
Stallion Fertility Statistics
SeasonMares
Covered
Mares
Returned
MissedSlippedDead
Foals
Live
Foals
Fertility
Percent
Service
Fee
http://www.studbook.org.au/Horse.aspx?hid=941953&pagetype=STALPROD&season=2014" rel="nofollow - 2013 2061592182128(3)86.8%$66000
http://www.studbook.org.au/Horse.aspx?hid=941953&pagetype=STALPROD&season=2013" rel="nofollow - 2012 1681622293128(4)86.4%$66000
Total37432143175256(7)

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: whitt0
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:06am
I really like him....BUT can see his service at $25k in a few years.

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 10:16am
These foals are coming up at Tattersalls -

http://docs.tattersalls.com/cat/december/foals/2014/883.pdf" rel="nofollow - 883 So You Think (NZ) / Timely Words (GB) B.F.  http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Entry/List?30969=%20DEF%20149by20#" rel="nofollow">Related Results http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Entry/List?30969=%20DEF%20149by20#" rel="nofollow - Update HF K 193
Consignor: Stringston Farm 
http://docs.tattersalls.com/cat/december/foals/2014/1321.pdf" rel="nofollow - 1321 So You Think (NZ) / Fabulous Speed (USA) B.C.  http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Entry/List?30969=%20DEF%20149by20#" rel="nofollow">Related Results http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Entry/List?30969=%20DEF%20149by20#" rel="nofollow - Update HF AA 719
Consignor: Northmore Stud 
http://docs.tattersalls.com/cat/december/foals/2014/1152.pdf" rel="nofollow - 1152 So You Think (NZ) / Preveza (FR) B.F.  http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Entry/List?30969=%20DEF%20149by20#" rel="nofollow">Related Results HF N 204
Consignor: Whitley Stud — Lot Withdrawn 
http://docs.tattersalls.com/cat/december/foals/2014/1294.pdf" rel="nofollow - 1294 So You Think (NZ) / Lukrecia (IRE) B.C.  http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Entry/List?30969=%20DEF%20149by20#" rel="nofollow">Related Results Som P 328
Consignor: Britton House Stud 
http://docs.tattersalls.com/cat/december/foals/2014/733.pdf" rel="nofollow - 733 So You Think (NZ) / She Is Zen (FR) B.C.  http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Entry/List?30969=%20DEF%20149by20#" rel="nofollow">Related Results HF I 121
Consignor: New England Stud 
http://docs.tattersalls.com/cat/december/foals/2014/1240.pdf" rel="nofollow - 1240 So You Think (NZ) / Rare Claim (USA) B.C.  http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Entry/List?30969=%20DEF%20149by20#" rel="nofollow">Related Results SB EE 796
Consignor: Coleman Stud, Ireland 
http://docs.tattersalls.com/cat/december/foals/2014/1029.pdf" rel="nofollow - 1029 So You Think (NZ) / Mabalane (IRE) B.C.  http://www.tattersalls.com/4DCGI/Entry/List?30969=%20DEF%20149by20#" rel="nofollow">Related Results Som T 388
Consignor: Churchtown House Stud, Ireland 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:20pm
So how did he go at Easter ?

He had a beautiful grey filly out of Figure Of Eight sell for just $55.000.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:33pm
Entries Sold PassedIn Withdrawn Aggregate Avg Price Top Price
So You Think (NZ) 32 26 5 1 $4,253,000 $163,577 $610,000

Posted By: furious
Date Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:41pm
Family of Dancing Brave and inbred to Sadler's Wells.  Maybe people thought it would be too stout for Australia.  But your right a very interesting pedigree.  There was a nice grey Redoute's filly also.

Date Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Family of Dancing Brave and inbred to Sadler's Wells.  Maybe people thought it would be too stout for Australia.  But your right a very interesting pedigree.  There was a nice grey Redoute's filly also.

Wish I was more disciplined I'd buy her just for her potential breeding career anything on track a bonus.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 1:16pm
Isn't this exciting.

Warwick Farm race 1 

TOO FAST FOR LOVE (AUS)
Bay filly 2013 
So You Think
Bay 2006
High Chaparral
Bay 1999
Sadler's Wells
Bay 1981
Northern Dancer
Bay 1961
Nearctic
Natalma
14-c
2-d
Fairy Bridge
Bay 1975
Bold Reason
Special
19-b
5-h
Kasora
Brown 1993
Darshaan
Brown 1981
Shirley Heights
Delsy
1-l
13-c
Kozana
Brown 1982
Kris
Koblenza
2-o
1-n
Triassic
Bay 1990
Tights
Bay 1981
Nijinsky
Bay 1967
Northern Dancer
Flaming Page
2-d
8-f
Dancealot
Bay 1971
Round Table
Music Please
2-f
16-g
Astral Row
Brown 1979
Long Row
Brown 1970
Linacre
Front Row
15-a
42>
Pak Bun Bay
Bay 1970
Matinee Idol
Philipolo
13-e
13-a
Vecchia Roma
Brown 2004
Testa Rossa
Bay 1996
Perugino
Bay or brown 1991
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Fairy Bridge
Bay 1975
Bold Reason
Special
19-b
5-h
Bo Dapper
Bay 1985
Sir Dapper
Bay 1980
Vain
Sikri
A10
C25
Bodega
Bay 1973
Without Fear
Salon
4-c
1-w
Mirror Image
Brown 1996
Rustic Amber
Bay 1983
Thatching
Bay 1975
Thatch
Abella
5-h
5-h
Forever Amber
Chestnut 1969
Bold Lad
Ambergris
2-e
22>
Comroyale
Chestnut 1983
Comeram
Chestnut 1973
Amber Rama
Comely
1-h
9-f
Royal Plate
Bay 1975
Lunchtime
Decree
7-f
A10
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer4m,5m x 5m Fairy Bridge4m x 4m

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Dizzy
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 1:24pm
She was just lovely as a yearling - hope she goes as well as looked then. Thumbs Up

(I have backed her today, so probably too much weight on her now)

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 6:12pm
Why is Fastnet Rock so much more than Encosta?

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 6:29pm
Encosta is retired.

At his peak he stood for $300k plus, FR's highest advertised fee was/is $275k.

Posted By: Beliskner
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 9:40pm
I thought FR was/is private? Which to me is code for ridiculously large.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2015 at 9:41pm
It is - not worth the price IMO

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 11:12am
Has an interesting chance in the next at Ellerslie to get off the mark.

Its an interesting race. We pigeon hole the Kiwis as being patient yet there is a gelded son of Pour Moi in the race as well. Nothing patient about that in my opinion.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 11:13am
GOLD RUSH (NZ) 2013 Brown filly

by So You Think - Gold Rocks, by Oratorio

SO YOU THINK (NZ)
B. or Br. 2006
GW 14 wins
f:49 r:1
High Chaparral
B. 1999
GW 10 wins
f:1590 r:1234 w:722 SW:75
Sadler's Wells
B. 1981
GW 6 wins
f:2140 r:1678 w:1082 SW:291
Northern Dancer2
1Fairy Bridge5
Kasora
B. 1993
NR
f:14 r:12 w:9 SW:2
Darshaan13
Kozana1
Triassic
B. 1990
GW 3 wins
f:9 r:9 w:8 SW:1
Tights
B. 1981
GW 9 wins
f:276 r:231 w:148 SW:18
Nijinsky8
Dancealot16
Astral Row
Br. 1979
SP 6 wins
f:4 r:4 w:3 SW:1
Long Row42
Pak Bun Bay13
GOLD ROCKS (AUS)
Br. 2006
GW 4 wins
f:2 r:1 w:1 SW:1
Oratorio
B. 2001
GW 4 wins
f:421 r:318 w:179 SW:12
Stravinsky
B. 1996
GW 3 wins
f:1397 r:1195 w:869 SW:74
1Nureyev5
Fire the Groom3
Express a Smile
B. 1995
NR
f:10 r:10 w:7 SW:4
Success Express17
Hold That Smile3
Alozie
Ch. 1998
NP
f:7 r:6 w:3 SW:1
Luskin Star
Ch. 1974
GW 13 wins
f:876 r:750 w:512 SW:31
Kaoru Star31
Promising2
Lilnaju Princess
Ch. 1990
Pld
f:2 r:2 w:1
Zeditave1
Madame Monet13

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 11:23am
very green - looks a bit early for it. BUT nice run.

I think this boy is going to be an absolute star

Posted By: Nostradamus II
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 1:24pm
"Has an interesting chance in the next at Ellerslie to get off the mark.

Its an interesting race. We pigeon hole the Kiwis as being patient yet there is a gelded son of Pour Moi in the race as well. Nothing patient about that in my opinion."

Sacred Elixir well supported and fought gallantly with winner O'Rachael who was slow away and was also a certainty beaten last start. $2.25 fixed odds on O'Rachael very nice thank you. Looked the two to beat. 

http://www.nzracing.co.nz/RaceInfo/44539/2/Race-Detail.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.nzracing.co.nz/RaceInfo/44539/2/Race-Detail.aspx

-------------
https://sites.google.com/site/cosmosthoroughbredpedigrees/" rel="nofollow - https://sites.google.com/site/cosmosthoroughbredpedigrees/

Posted By: Nostradamus II
Date Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 1:29pm
Full siblings Thatch and Special along with 3/4 sister Scruff as granddam of Northern Meteor Wink

O'Rachael (2013) - F - 23-b 
by Northern Meteor out of Guessed by Snippetson to 8 generations
Northern Meteor
Encosta De Lago
Fairy King
Northern Dancer
Nearctic
Nearco
Pharos
Phalaris
Scapa Flow
1913 - 1-i
1914 - 13-e
Nogara
Havresac II
Catnip
1915 - 8-h
1910 - 4-r
Lady Angela
Hyperion
Gainsborough
Selene
1915 - 2-n
1919 - 6-e
Sister Sarah
Abbots Trace
Sarita
1917 - 4-j
1924 - 14-c
Natalma
Native Dancer
Polynesian
Unbreakable
Black Polly
1935 - 4-i
1936 - 14-a
Geisha
Discovery
Miyako
1931 - 23-b
1935 - 5-f
Almahmoud
Mahmoud
Blenheim
Mah Mahal
1927 - 1-e
1928 - 9-c
Arbitrator
Peace Chance
Mother Goose
1931 - 10-d
1922 - 2-d
Fairy Bridge
Bold Reason
Hail To Reason
Turn-To
Royal Charger
Source Sucree
1942 - 9-c
1940 - 1-w
Nothirdchance
Blue Swords
Galla Colors
1940 - 7
1943 - 4-n
Lalun
Djeddah
Djebel
Djezima
1937 - 5-j
1933 - 13-c
Be Faithful
Bimelech
Bloodroot
1937 - 1-x
1932 - 19-b
Special
Forli
Aristophanes
Hyperion
Commotion
1930 - 6-e
1938 - 9-c
Trevisa
Advocate
Veneta
1940 - 4-k
1940 - 3-b
Thong
Nantallah
Nasrullah
Shimmer
1940 - 9-c
1945 - 6
Rough Shod
Gold Bridge
Dalmary
1929 - 22-d
1931 - 5-h
Shoal Creek
Star Way
Star Appeal
Appiani
Herbager
Vandale
Flagette
1943 - 3-c
1951 - 16-c
Angela Rucellai
Rockefella
Aristareta
1941 - 7-a
1947 - 4-f
Sterna
Neckar
Ticino
Nixe
1939 - 20-b
1941 - 4-r
Stammesart
Alchimist
Stammesfahne
1930 - 9-h
1929 - 5-d
New Way
Klairon
Clarion
Djebel
Columba
1937 - 5-j
1930 - 1-n
Kalmia
Kantar
Sweet Lavender
1925 - 3-n
1923 - 1-w
New Move
Umberto
Umidwar
Shello
1931 - 3-e
1944 - 2-f
New Moon
Solfo
Selene
1934 - 4-l
1919 - 6-e
Rolls
Mr Prospector
Raise A Native
Native Dancer
Polynesian
Geisha
1942 - 14-a
1943 - 5-f
Raise You
Case Ace
Lady Glory
1934 - 1-k
1934 - 8-f
Gold Digger
Nashua
Nasrullah
Segula
1940 - 9-c
1942 - 3-m
Sequence
Count Fleet
Miss Dogwood
1940 - 6
1939 - 13-c
Grand Luxe
Sir Ivor
Sir Gaylord
Turn-To
Somethingroyal
1951 - 1-w
1952 - 2-s
Attica
Mr Trouble
Athenia
1947 - 13-b
1943 - 8-g
Fanfreluche
Northern Dancer
Nearctic
Natalma
1954 - 14-c
1957 - 2-d
Ciboulette
Chop Chop
Windy Answer
1940 - 2-a
1955 - 4-g
Explosive
Fappiano
Mr Prospector
Raise A Native
Native Dancer
Polynesian
Unbreakable
Black Polly
1935 - 4-i
1936 - 14-a
Geisha
Discovery
Miyako
1931 - 23-b
1935 - 5-f
Raise You
Case Ace
Teddy
Sweetheart
1913 - 2-n
1920 - 1-k
Lady Glory
American Flag
Beloved
1922 - 7
1927 - 8-f
Gold Digger
Nashua
Nasrullah
Nearco
Mumtaz Begum
1935 - 4-r
1932 - 9-c
Segula
Johnstown
Sekhmet
1936 - 17-b
1929 - 3-m
Sequence
Count Fleet
Reigh Count
Quickly
1925 - 2-d
1930 - 6
Miss Dogwood
Bull Dog
Myrtlewood
1927 - 16-a
1932 - 13-c
Killaloe
Dr Fager
Rough 'n Tumble
Free For All
Questionnaire
Panay
1927 - 2-o
1934 - 1-l
Roused
Bull Dog
Rude Awakening
1927 - 16-a
1936 - 1-o
Aspidistra
Better Self
Bimelech
Bee Mac
1937 - 1-x
1941 - 20
Tilly Rose
Bull Brier
Tilly Kate
1938 - 4-m
1935 - 1-r
Grand Splendor
Correlation
Free America
Blenheim
Columbiana
1927 - 1-e
1933 - 8-f
Braydore
Roidore
Bray Beauty
1922 - 16-b
1928 - 9-e
Cequillo
Princequillo
Prince Rose
Cosquilla
1928 - 10-c
1933 - 1-b
Boldness
Mahmoud
Hostility
1933 - 9-c
1936 - 16-a
Scuff
Forli
Aristophanes
Hyperion
Gainsborough
Bayardo
Rosedrop
1906 - 10-a
1907 - 2-n
Selene
Chaucer
Serenissima
1900 - 1-g
1913 - 6-e
Commotion
Mieuxce
Massine
L'Olivete
1920 - 12
1925 - 7-d
Riot
Colorado
Lady Juror
1923 - 3-l
1919 - 9-c
Trevisa
Advocate
Fair Trial
Fairway
Lady Juror
1925 - 13-e
1919 - 9-c
Guiding Star
Papyrus
Ocean Light
1920 - 16-f
1917 - 4-k
Veneta
Foxglove
Foxhunter
Staylace
1929 - 1-l
1928 - 3-d
Dogaresa
Your Majesty
Casiopea
1905 - 22-d
1906 - 3-b
Moccasin
Nantallah
Nasrullah
Nearco
Pharos
Nogara
1920 - 13-e
1928 - 4-r
Mumtaz Begum
Blenheim
Mumtaz Mahal
1927 - 1-e
1921 - 9-c
Shimmer
Flares
Gallant Fox
Flambino
1927 - 4-n
1924 - 17-b
Broad Ripple
Stimulus
Hocus Pocus
1922 - 12
1928 - 6
Rough Shod
Gold Bridge
Golden Boss
The Boss
Golden Hen
1910 - 24
1901 - 19
Flying Diadem
Diadumenos
Flying Bridge
1910 - 2-n
1911 - 22-d
Dalmary
Blandford
Swynford
Blanche
1907 - 1-g
1912 - 3-o
Simon's Shoes
Simon Square
Goody Two Shoes
1904 - 4-n
1899 - 5-h
Guessed
Snippetson
Snippets
Lunchtime
Silly Season
Tom Fool
Menow
Pharamond II
Alcibiades
1925 - 6-e
1927 - 8-g
Gaga
Bull Dog
Alpoise
1927 - 16-a
1937 - 3-j
Double Deal II
Straight Deal
Solario
Good Deal
1922 - 26
1932 - 1-t
Nonats
King Salmon
Whitebait
1930 - 1-e
1931 - 1-g
Great Occasion
Hornbeam
Hyperion
Gainsborough
Selene
1915 - 2-n
1919 - 6-e
Thicket
Nasrullah
Thorn Wood
1940 - 9-c
1942 - 1-p
Golden Wedding
Sunny Brae
Torbido (dup)
Sun Petal
1941 - 16-h
1942 - 3-i
Flighty Falls
Falls Of Clyde
Swarm
1944 - 8-c
1941 - 7-f
Easy Date
Grand Chaudiere
Northern Dancer
Nearctic
Nearco
Lady Angela
1935 - 4-r
1944 - 14-c
Natalma
Native Dancer
Almahmoud
1950 - 5-f
1947 - 2-d
Lachine
Grey Sovereign
Nasrullah
Kong
1940 - 9-c
1933 - 6-f
Loved One
Vigorous
Sama
1941 - 8-a
1927 - 19-b
Scampering
Misty Day
Nasrullah
Nearco
Mumtaz Begum
1935 - 4-r
1932 - 9-c
Grey Flight
Mahmoud
Planetoid
1933 - 9-c
1934 - 5-f
Scamper Away
Hitting Away
Ambiorix
Striking
1946 - 1-w
1947 - 1-x
Omelet Souffle
Eight Thirty
Miel
1936 - 11-b
1942 - 20-a
Snowdrift
Polish Precedent
Danzig
Northern Dancer
Nearctic
Nearco
Lady Angela
1935 - 4-r
1944 - 14-c
Natalma
Native Dancer
Almahmoud
1950 - 5-f
1947 - 2-d
Pas De Nom
Admiral's Voyage
Crafty Admiral
Olympia Lou
1948 - 8-c
1952 - 4-n
Petitioner
Petition
Steady Aim
1944 - 16-h
1943 - 7-a
Past Example
Buckpasser
Tom Fool
Menow
Gaga
1935 - 8-g
1942 - 3-j
Busanda
War Admiral
Businesslike
1934 - 11-b
1939 - 1-x
Bold Example
Bold Lad
Bold Ruler
Misty Morn
1954 - 8-d
1952 - 5-f
Lady Be Good
Better Self
Past Eight
1945 - 20
1945 - 8-h
Snowtop
Thatching
Thatch
Forli
Aristophanes
Trevisa
1948 - 9-c
1951 - 3-b
Thong
Nantallah
Rough Shod
1953 - 6
1944 - 5-h
Abella
Abernant
Owen Tudor
Rustom Mahal
1938 - 10-b
1934 - 9-c
Darrica
Darius
Erica Fragrans
1951 - 1-t
1946 - 5-h
Icing
Prince Tenderfoot
Blue Prince
Princequillo
Blue Denim
1940 - 1-b
1940 - 16-c
La Tendresse
Grey Sovereign
Isetta
1948 - 6-f
1943 - 8-c
Cake
Never Say Die
Nasrullah
Singing Grass
1940 - 9-c
1944 - 1-n
La Marseillaise
Alycidon
Ballisland
1945 - 1-w
1946 - 13-e
Brilliantdeduction
Capote
Seattle Slew
Bold Reasoning
Boldnesian
Bold Ruler
Nasrullah
Miss Disco
1940 - 9-c
1944 - 8-d
Alanesian
Polynesian
Alablue
1942 - 14-a
1945 - 4-m
Reason To Earn
Hail To Reason
Turn-To
Nothirdchance
1951 - 1-w
1948 - 4-n
Sailing Home
Wait A Bit
Marching Home
1939 - 4-r
1932 - 1-k
My Charmer
Poker
Round Table
Princequillo
Knight's Daughter
1940 - 1-b
1941 - 2-f
Glamour
Nasrullah
Striking
1940 - 9-c
1947 - 1-x
Fair Charmer
Jet Action
Jet Pilot
Busher
1944 - 13-c
1942 - 1-x
Myrtle Charm
Alsab
Crepe Myrtle
1939 - 27-a
1938 - 13-c
Too Bald
Bald Eagle
Nasrullah
Nearco
Pharos
Nogara
1920 - 13-e
1928 - 4-r
Mumtaz Begum
Blenheim
Mumtaz Mahal
1927 - 1-e
1921 - 9-c
Siama
Tiger
Bull Dog
Starless Moment
1927 - 16-a
1928 - 13-c
China Face
Display
Sweepilla
1923 - 2-u
1931 - 4-m
Hidden Talent
Dark Star
Royal Gem II
Dhoti
French Gem
1936 - 2-d
1935 - 1-c
Isolde
Bull Dog
Fiji
1927 - 16-a
1931 - 3-n
Dangerous Dame
Nasrullah
Nearco
Mumtaz Begum
1935 - 4-r
1932 - 9-c
Lady Kells
His Highness
Anyway
1936 - 2
1935 - 21-a
My Dear Plum
Royal Intent
Intentionally
Intent
War Relic
Man O' War
Friar's Carse
1917 - 4-c
1923 - 1-o
Liz F
Bubbling Over
Weno
1923 - 8-h
1922 - 8-c
My Recipe
Discovery
Display
Ariadne
1923 - 2-u
1926 - 23-b
Perlette
Percentage
Escarpolette
1923 - 18-a
1917 - 5-j
Flying Princess
Princequillo
Prince Rose
Rose Prince
Indolence
1919 - 11-e
1920 - 10-c
Cosquilla
Papyrus
Quick Thought
1920 - 16-f
1918 - 1-b
Wings O' Morn
Alsab
Good Goods
Winds Chant
1931 - 2-o
1931 - 27-a
Good Morning
Sir Gallahad III
Morning
1920 - 16-a
1934 - 9
Gobbler's Image
Gobbler
Bolingbroke
Equipoise
Pennant
Swinging
1911 - 8-c
1922 - 5-j
Wayabout
Fair Play
Damaris II
1905 - 9-e
1914 - 1-m
Pet
Pharamond II
Phalaris
Selene
1913 - 1-i
1919 - 6-e
Helen's Babe
Brown Prince
Helen Barbee
1914 - 3-i
1908 - 13
Play Eda
Chance Play
Fair Play
Hastings
Fairy Gold
1893 - 21-a
1896 - 9-e
Quelle Chance
Ethelbert
Qu'elle Est Belle II
1896 - 23-a
1909 - 3-c
Sun Edah
Sun Briar
Sundridge
Sweet Briar
1898 - 2-g
1908 - 8-c
Edwina
Celt
Lady Godiva
1905 - 1-g
1899 - 23-b
TesioPower

-------------
https://sites.google.com/site/cosmosthoroughbredpedigrees/" rel="nofollow - https://sites.google.com/site/cosmosthoroughbredpedigrees/

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 10:53am
Has his 1st 2yo runner in Europe tonight in the first 2yo race of the season. Cosy CLub, Not a good name for a colt. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Aurelius
Date Posted: 20 Mar 2016 at 9:51pm
So You Think he is worth 66k.

Me no think.

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 7:31am
When a stallion is offered for private sale that is a sign that the stud has
either reduced his fee because he is on the wane or they have no
confidence in the price they are asking imo.

Either way when you see this method of selling which is opposite to the
market in general;

Buyer Beware!

Posted By: StormSiren
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 10:59am
When was he listed as private? Was dropped to $49,500 in 2015 - not surprising given Australia's appetite for speed horses and first season sires.

I for one think he's going pretty well so far. Four runners, one group 2 winner (Gold Rush), one listed place getter (Conscious at her first start). For a stallion that should be siring better three year olds, seems pretty good to me!

-------------
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 11:04am
Cosy Club ran a fair race on debut - Result -  http://www.racingpost.com/horses/result_home.sd?race_id=646359&r_date=2016-03-20&popup=yes#results_top_tabs=re_&results_bottom_tabs=ANALYSIS" rel="nofollow - http://www.racingpost.com/horses/result_home.sd?race_id=646359&r_date=2016-03-20&popup=yes#results_top_tabs=re_&results_bottom_tabs=ANALYSIS

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 2:11pm
I would not sack him Aure - he is going to be very good.  Agree re: price

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2016 at 6:51pm
Definitely not sacking him as a sire, Comments re: private fee were about Fastnet Rock.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 2:12pm
BETCHA THINKING (AUS)Bay colt 2013 
So You Think
Bay 2006
High Chaparral
Bay 1999
Sadler's Wells
Bay 1981
Northern Dancer
Bay 1961
Nearctic
Natalma
14-c
2-d
Fairy Bridge
Bay 1975
Bold Reason
Special
19-b
5-h
Kasora
Brown 1993
Darshaan
Brown 1981
Shirley Heights
Delsy
1-l
13-c
Kozana
Brown 1982
Kris
Koblenza
2-o
1-n
Triassic
Bay 1990
Tights
Bay 1981
Nijinsky
Bay 1967
Northern Dancer
Flaming Page
2-d
8-f
Dancealot
Bay 1971
Round Table
Music Please
2-f
16-g
Astral Row
Brown 1979
Long Row
Brown 1970
Linacre
Front Row
15-a
42>
Pak Bun Bay
Bay 1970
Matinee Idol
Philipolo
13-e
13-a
We Betcha
Brown 2006
Encosta de Lago
Bay 1993
Fairy King
Bay 1982
Northern Dancer
Bay 1961
Nearctic
Natalma
14-c
2-d
Fairy Bridge
Bay 1975
Bold Reason
Special
19-b
5-h
Shoal Creek
Chestnut 1988
Star Way
Chestnut 1977
Star Appeal
New Way
5-d
6-e
Rolls
Chestnut 1984
Mr Prospector
Grand Luxe
13-c
4-g
Wager
Bay 2001
Flying Spur
Bay 1992
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Razyana
7-a
2-d
Rolls
Chestnut 1984
Mr Prospector
Grand Luxe
13-c
4-g
Occasional Gain
Chestnut 1991
Lunchtime
Chestnut 1970
Silly Season
Great Occasion
1-g
7-f
Marks Gain
Bay 1986
Biscay
Golden Band
2-o
14-c
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer4m,5m x 4m Fairy Bridge4m x 4m Rollsx 4f,4m

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Dizzy
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2016 at 2:27pm
Above racing Hawkesbury R5 today. Smile

Date Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 4:05pm
So You Think is going to be a super stallion, Its a shame those in charge of training his youngsters in Australia will not be up to the same level.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 1:01pm
This fully is about to jump in New Zealand, she has already won over 1000m but really took her time to win the race. Really she should be stepping up in trip not staying at 1000m. 

Be interesting to see how she goes. 

LA DIOSA (NZ)
Bay filly 2013 
So You Think
Bay 2006
High Chaparral
Bay 1999
Sadler's Wells
Bay 1981
Northern Dancer
Bay 1961
Nearctic
Natalma
14-c
2-d
Fairy Bridge
Bay 1975
Bold Reason
Special
19-b
5-h
Kasora
Brown 1993
Darshaan
Brown 1981
Shirley Heights
Delsy
1-l
13-c
Kozana
Brown 1982
Kris
Koblenza
2-o
1-n
Triassic
Bay 1990
Tights
Bay 1981
Nijinsky
Bay 1967
Northern Dancer
Flaming Page
2-d
8-f
Dancealot
Bay 1971
Round Table
Music Please
2-f
16-g
Astral Row
Brown 1979
Long Row
Brown 1970
Linacre
Front Row
15-a
42>
Pak Bun Bay
Bay 1970
Matinee Idol
Philipolo
13-e
13-a
Star Affair
Bay 1998
Star Way
Chestnut 1977
Star Appeal
Bay 1970
Appiani
Bay 1963
Herbager
Angela Rucellai
16-c
4-f
Sterna
Brown 1960
Neckar
Stammesart
4-r
5-d
New Way
Chestnut 1970
Klairon
Bay 1952
Clarion
Kalmia
1-n
1-w
New Move
Bay 1958
Umberto
New Moon
2-f
6-e
The Grin
Brown 1992
Grosvenor
Bay 1979
Sir Tristram
Bay 1971
Sir Ivor
Isolt
8-g
6-e
My Tricia
Brown 1974
Hermes
Gay Poss
11-d
8>
The Dimple
Bay 1977
Noble Bijou
Bay 1971
Vaguely Noble
Priceless Gem
1-d
1-s
The Pixie
Chestnut 1968
Mellay
The Kurd
2-i
2-b
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer4m,5m x

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 1:22pm
That filly should be winning any Oaks in Australasia. She is outstanding.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Lordy
Date Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 10:18am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

That filly should be winning any Oaks in Australasia. She is outstanding.

Getting a little carried away there

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:09pm
Australian trainers are seriously useless.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:12pm
Why would So You Too deserve to be gelded ?

He is yet to run in a suitable race. 

And what the kiss are they doing with Conscious ? 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:35pm

And what the kiss are they doing with Conscious?   

Bred totally along sprinting lines on the dam side, so suspect they might have the 1000 gns as a likely target.

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:37pm
Make that ...predominantly along sprinting lines....

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Bred totally along sprinting lines on the dam side, so suspect they might have the 1000 gns as a likely target.

And she will be butchered by the time she gets there.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: subastral
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 3:55pm
Think he can win Black Type today in Adelaide with Smart as you Think

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:06pm

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

And she will be butchered by the time she gets there.  

Only one more run before the 1000 gns.  Why would she be butchered?

Date Posted: 10 Sep 2016 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Think he can win Black Type today in Adelaide with Smart as you Think

Yes I think you are correct although it is a tough race - a lot of unexposed horses so certainly an exciting race to watch.

I doo like the way they have campaigned her so far.

The rest all seem to be being asked too much over too short.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net