Forum Description: General discussion about thoroughbred horse racing
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=38957
Printed Date: 17 Apr 2024 at 12:11am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Black Caviar Looked Awful?
Posted By: Pazman
Subject: Black Caviar Looked Awful?
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:23am
Jockey pulled the whip and was certainly not easing down. Looked stressed in the coat.

I will be laying her big time if she goes O/S with the Aussie Markets. Looked 3 lengths worse today and they often loose that when travelling.

Replies:
Posted By: VVV
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:26am
Funnily enough, a mate and I said the same thing after the race. Looked bad in coat and pulled up extremely quickly. What price Moody to pull the pin this prep??

Posted By: whatashotbyseve
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:29am
Did you mean awe-inspiring?

Moody had said pre-race she was going to look dull in the coat. I doubt he will pull the pin. 

Posted By: melbsteve
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:29am
You'd nearly pull the pin just so Hilton Donaldson doesn't get another crack at calling her again!

Posted By: The Polar Bear Waltz
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:45am
Going into winter in Aus, but you are closer to her than me Paz, so you would know u great fisherman.
You can lay her with me for anything you like, Rexxy Punt Wink
Ask for odds LOL

-------------
Our strawberries seem to go best with manure on them.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:46am
Dont know about her coat but she was having a little blow and looked a little tucked up behind after the race. But she may have just been having it easy at home and needed thr gallop.

Posted By: MannyG
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:54am
Moody said in an interview a few days before the race that her coat did look a bit hairy but he said that was just because of the weather.

Nolen pulls the whip most times she races, just gives her a slap to keep her mind on the job.

Please, get on the exchange and start laying her. What price you offering? It will be a quick way to the soup kitchen for you (as if you're not already there).

Posted By: Lordy
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:04am
Looked like she really needed the hit out. Goodwood will provide a better guide.

Posted By: magic_idol
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:18am
she just looked abit fat ...Had a flat spot down the straight & blew up over the back after the race..... all to be expected this early into the prep & still blew em away!!!!!!! when she peaks watch out World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wink

-------------
Happy Fit Horses Win Races :-)

Posted By: norisk
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:30am
Wink
Originally posted by melbsteve melbsteve wrote:

You'd nearly pull the pin just so Hilton Donaldson doesn't get another crack at calling her again!

lol, he's a shocker aint he

Re BC's condition, I had a share in a horse that looked awful most of her racing career, underweight, dull coat etc & she won 3 at Mooney Valley, 1 at Sandown, half a dozen around the Prov's & only put in 3 or 4 poor runs over her career.

Had another one that looked a million bucks but couldn't gallop to save himself, so looks are not always everything (& is often what I tell myself 1st thing in the morningWink)

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:32am
Originally posted by norisk norisk wrote:

Wink
Originally posted by melbsteve melbsteve wrote:

lol, he's a shocker aint he

Re BC's condition, I had a share in a horse that looked awful most of her racing career, underweight, dull coat etc & she won 3 at Mooney Valley, 1 at Sandown, half a dozen around the Prov's & only put in 3 or 4 poor runs over her career.

Had another one that looked a million bucks but couldn't gallop to save himself, so looks are not always everything (& is often what I tell myself 1st thing in the morningWink)

Is that when you're looking in the mirror or at the Mrs LOL 
Just joking mate 

Posted By: norisk
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:13pm
day like today, bothDead Wink

Posted By: The Muffin Man
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:23pm
Paz you're a crack up, you must love coming on to TBV and casting your line to wait for bites. LOL

-------------
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22

Posted By: jujuno
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:47pm

Paz, you're either a masochist or a fisherman...

-------------
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...

Posted By: jimbob04
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:49pm
well she still made a meal of them easy

Posted By: Sunline
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:50pm
Never saw her close enough to see her coat but I know she has looked much better in winning most of her races. She was at her top to do that but she isn't fit yet and maybe had an off day.

Not bad for unfit and an off day!

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: rubiton
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:54pm
Were any of the on course and able to see her close up - really close up???  I was and did and the only thing was she had that field covered and just didnt quite quicken after the home turn as say the Lightning  but thats just fitness once she changed legs at the end just before easing up in the last bit she was striding better.  Needed the run and should be all the better for it when she goes to the Goodwood in a fortnight.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:57pm
Note I was responding to the two comments at the start of teh thread!

Posted By: Bel Esprit
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:03pm
Was there and thought the same thing.Didn't look as impressive as what she has been in the past,especially given the field was so weak but defiantly needed the run and i'd expect a much more impressive win if she backs up here in a fornite in the Goodwood.

Posted By: Occy22
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:17pm
Doesnt need to have a shiney coat yet.
The Cox Plate is still 5 months away.

Posted By: Blind Faith
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:17pm
Obviously she wasn't fully wound up but there has to be more to it than that. 

Posted By: Fremz
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:30pm
I agree, she wone easily in terms of lengths but not as easily as she usually makes it look.

Nolen gave her a bit of a shake up, and she looked awful in the coat and had a decent blow after the race. I think if that was a stronger field she MAY have been in a bit of trouble today. Obviously Moody knows she only needed to be probably 70% to beat that lot and she did and comfortably as well.

Still 6 weeks until her grand final, so plenty of time for improvement. Definately still think she'll spank them over there.

-------------
for those about to punt, we salute you...

Posted By: Nocturnal
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:33pm
I have to agree Paz she looked plain , her win was not as breathtaking as her last few , Moody to me has picked up 250 k for connections instead of a Tuesday jump out at Caulfield

-------------
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....

Posted By: subastral
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:47pm
More Joyous looks awful in the coat also. I think you guys are looking too much at aesthetics.

Posted By: Appman
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:50pm
A long way off fit, just a machine, has about 6-8 lengths yet to improve in fitness and she will.

-------------
Fit horses win more races.

Posted By: GAJ
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:53pm
I didn't think she looked comfortable, I know she won well, but just didn't eat up the ground with as much ease as we normally see.

Posted By: Fair Embrace
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:54pm
OMG!!!!! A horse with a wooly coat coming into winter in Victoria, Surely not????? And WTF!!!!! A trainer who has chosen not to clip so said horse yet, how irresponsible of him!!!!!! Really?????
When did she come back in from her let up??? No doubt she wasn't at the top of her game but she still won, didn't she????? For the life of me I can't understand why everyone wants to poke holes in her accomplishments?????
God forbid a horse has a blow after a race, you'd hate to know they've done a bit of work. Rather than find fault wouldn't it make more sense to think of all the improvement she has left in her???
Or if you want to follow Paz's point of view - how good is she really when she can be off in the coat and unfit and fat and still win???? I think Paz secretly adores Pete and BC and he just wants to see what innuendo we draw from his insane commentsClap

Posted By: well_rated
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 1:57pm
Having seen her at about 16 of her 20 starts (inc. yesterday), I thought he looked as good if not better that she did in the Lightning Stakes.
Coat was a little longer, but its coming into winter and has been cold in Melbourne.

She was fine, remember that she has a overseas trip to come and Moody doesn't want to cook her before the trip.

Posted By: GAJ
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:00pm

Fair Embrace, they are all just observations, and opinions, wouldn't be a forum without them. and all your points are good ones and true of many horses first start back.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:18pm
BC looked a picture on Lightning day and Blind Freddie could see she wasn't right in the coat yesterday but that's by far the least impressive of her runs when resuming. A couple of lengths or more off what we know she can do even when not 100% fit. I'm sure most racing fans hope it was just an off day for her. The sectionals tell a tale:

Black Caviar      (1200m)  35.15   23.82   12.49  1:10.65
Outlandish Lad (1100m)   34.51   23.40   12.00  1:04.45

Posted By: DiamondsAtDusk
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:23pm
Not sure why people think she isn't fit? She only ran the eve of her life 8-10 weeks ago and hasn't left the water walker since. She is close to her top. It was more about the way she was ridden yesterday IMHO.

-------------
We Started Nothing.

Posted By: Quezacotl
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:27pm
Why would any trainer think she needs another run before the UK...?

she will lose heaps condition and stress out traveling, which will take even more condition off her..

it's nuts to race her again here.

-------------
SPRINTER SACRE - "SIMPLY THE BEST"

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:29pm
Yeah, didn't she look just dreadful ? I thought of ringing the RSPCA to lodge a complaint, but they never answer their phones. Stern Smile

Posted By: carche
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:31pm
10 weeks since last start, carry a bit of condition going into the race as a result, bit hairy in the coat due to the cold snap Melbourne copped earlier in the week.  Won by her usual margin. Fair dinkum some of you are hard to please.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:39pm
Moody believes that she has to be at her peak before she goes Quez. She's lengths off that, for whatever reason. You can put condition back on provided they travel well and settle in but from what he's said previously he believes it's best if they are 100% before getting on the plane.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:42pm
Judging by the summer the Poms are having currently..(wind, rain, 12 degree's LOL ) she will be keeping her fur coat for quite some time..

-------------

Posted By: jayzaa
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:49pm
remember guys and gals, the water walker doesn't do a lot for their coat. It washes the oils out

-------------
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream

Posted By: magic_idol
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:55pm
Hahaha This time last year she looked bloody alfull when she came up to Brizzie, Skinny ,marked etc & still spanked the other horses  before being sent for a spell early now she's the other way & peeps still Complain!!!!LOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
Happy Fit Horses Win Races :-)

Posted By: There off!
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Fair Embrace Fair Embrace wrote:

OMG!!!!! A horse with a wooly coat coming into winter in Victoria, Surely not????? And WTF!!!!! A trainer who has chosen not to clip so said horse yet, how irresponsible of him!!!!!! Really?????
When did she come back in from her let up??? No doubt she wasn't at the top of her game but she still won, didn't she????? For the life of me I can't understand why everyone wants to poke holes in her accomplishments?????
God forbid a horse has a blow after a race, you'd hate to know they've done a bit of work. Rather than find fault wouldn't it make more sense to think of all the improvement she has left in her???
Or if you want to follow Paz's point of view - how good is she really when she can be off in the coat and unfit and fat and still win???? I think Paz secretly adores Pete and BC and he just wants to see what innuendo we draw from his insane commentsClap

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Blind Faith Blind Faith wrote:

BC looked a picture on Lightning day and Blind Freddie could see she wasn't right in the coat yesterday but that's by far the least impressive of her runs when resuming. A couple of lengths or more off what we know she can do even when not 100% fit. I'm sure most racing fans hope it was just an off day for her. The sectionals tell a tale:

Were you there both days?

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 3:37pm
I'm pretty sure Nolen wasn't out there to run time.  She was there to assist in getting fit for Ascot.  Moody didn't have to take her to Adelaide to get her fit.  It was a generous gesture from Moody and the connections to the people of Adelaide to have the "once in a lifetime" chance to see the champ (guessing this is a one off trip to SA) before she goes overseas.  All she had to do was win....and she more than did that.

Posted By: Occy22
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 3:47pm
God, why are they even going to England to race infront of a bunch of toffs. Why do we need to impress England?
Australian racing is outstanding, and especially at the moment.
England should be trying to impress Australia.

Its a bloody long trip over there for a big bloody nothing.
If anything, they run a huge risk of getting her sick.

If its really about "impressions", then impress us by going to the Cox Plate. Impressing England is a big fat zero factor.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 3:57pm
They go to UK Ascot and then two runs in the Spring and Hk doesnt that gicve them the bonus for the sprint challenge if she wins in UK and HK?  Anyway why do a Weekend hustler and take a sprinter that can keep winning sprints and push it to a limit to go for a middle distance race?  Manikato didnt get 2000m (went awfully close) and later in his career they kept to sprints.

If you had like her why would you want to push it til it is beaten?  Whats the point in that?

Horses look a lot different at times on TV to what they look like up close and she looked fine to me up close yesterday which should be confirmed when I get to the photos a bit later!

Posted By: LetitRide.
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:54pm
They don't need to be to fit to win over the sprints but that said they do need some work trials gallops etc,  P.Moody knows what his doing and peaking at Royal Ascot is where she needs to peak, if ever Moody wants to get a horses peaking at the right time it would be with BC at Royal Ascot in front of the Racing World stage and to see BC at her brilliant best on this day.

So that said P.Moody would have known Adelaide was never going to assemble a strong field and would be the perfect starting point for her prep, Trust me had it been a Melbourne race stronger field  she would have been that little bit more wound up compared to yesterday.

She did Knuckle when asked to go yesterday so hopefully she hasn't pulled up a bit sore is the only concern P.Moody would have not how she won.

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 4:58pm
Ya gotta admit that of those 30,000 who showed up yesterday the majority couldn't have identifed the horse in a line-up. Ya wonder why they show up.

Posted By: jujuno
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by carche carche wrote:

10 weeks since last start, carry a bit of condition going into the race as a result, bit hairy in the coat due to the cold snap Melbourne copped earlier in the week.  Won by her usual margin. Fair dinkum some of you are hard to please.

Sure are.

Half the horses in Sydney already have their winter coats. Not stopping them winning.

-------------
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by well_rated well_rated wrote:

No but I trust my eyes and judgement. If you think she presented as well as she did on Lightning day what can I say? You think she did. I think that's not even close to reality.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:30pm
I'm sure i heard Singo on Retro last week say he heard people were shying away from More Joyous first up because she looked dull in the coat.  Singo said not to worry about that....that's normal for her.  Are we making too much of the "winter coat" issue?  I think we are.....

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 5:47pm
The coat wasn't responsibe for what I considered a slightly "out of character" performance Steve. It might simply have been fitness, feeling a bit off from innoculation, the travel, a combination of all those, who knows. I do know one thing - even allowing for the lack of race fitness she didn't show anywhere near her usual acceleration or relaxed galloping action over the last 200m.  I'm not drawing any conclusions from a future perspective either. Like most people I'm hoping she gets to Ascot and produces her absolute best. Even 95% will be good enough.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 6:00pm
Pre race she looked fine but it was a warm day and she was basically first up and did sweat up during the race and the winter coat makes it look worse than a summer coat would.

Blind faith that part from theb turn til she changed lead legs she was putting a gap on them but not as brilliantly as say the lightning - that looked like just fitness as the mjuscles tire.  Once she changed to the outside lead her style looked much better and then he eased her up inside the last 50 as normal.

Posted By: LetitRide.
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 6:23pm
She won by 4.6L and everyone is bagging her fck they are not machines Atlantic Jewel getting bagged also.

So unless they win by 5L every start with the head on there chest they have gone awful Confused

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by LetitRide. LetitRide. wrote:

She won by 4.6L and everyone is bagging her fck they are not machines Atlantic Jewel getting bagged also.

So unless they win by 5L every start with the head on there chest they have gone awful Confused

Not sure which is funnier - Fair Embrace's hysteria or your exaggeration.

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:26pm
Suspect an early sin-bin looms.  Wink

Posted By: HUSSLER
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:31pm
You of all people should give a Second Chance IMO

-------------
People who post winners as their signatures must be hung like Cashews IMO

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:41pm

Thanks BF. Data backs up what I saw. Moody was devastated with the run. 

Posted By: HUSSLER
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 7:49pm
Far from gone but her Newmarket win against the best in the world carrying the grandstand did look alot easier, still the GF is along way off

-------------
People who post winners as their signatures must be hung like Cashews IMO

Posted By: Phantom
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Pazman Pazman wrote:

Jockey pulled the whip and was certainly not easing down. Looked stressed in the coat.

I will be laying her big time if she goes O/S with the Aussie Markets. Looked 3 lengths worse today and they often loose that when travelling.
Just like Better Than Ready last week when you vanished after a similar Dumb worthelss comment LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

-------------
The More You Put On, The More You Get Back

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by HUSSLER HUSSLER wrote:

You of all people should give a Second Chance IMO

You surprise me Hussler.  Very droll indeed.  Approve

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Phantom Phantom wrote:

Just like Better Than Ready last week when you vanished after a similar Dumb worthelss comment LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

change your password mate. 

Posted By: Nocturnal
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 8:58pm
What does that mean Paz?

-------------
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:04pm
Not sure Noccy. Only thing I can think of is Paz must think a 4 year old hacked my computer, cause the same kid has obvioulsy struck his computer already, because that may explain some of his comments?? Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:07pm
Please give your thoughts on the race, Phantom Wink

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:18pm
Ok just for you Paz.....Wasn't near her peak fitness, popped out 3 wide, ridden like the best horse, won with a margin and did I say She won and we all got better than bank interest!!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:27pm
Good. I suggest you stick to that line of input Phantom.

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:32pm
Thanks Paz but when you start writing sensible posts with facts and something you are willing to back up then perhaps I'll listen. I thought my first post which just stated facts was acceptable around here?? Silly me....

-------------

Posted By: Maldivian
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:56pm
Was interesting to see how quickly she pulled up.

50m pass the post she was nearly last.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 12:46am
How can people compare sectional times? The race was over at the 300m! She ran .6 of a second slower in her last 200m than Outlandish Lad. She was eased down to a canter over the last bit and Outlandish Lad was ridden right out to the finishing line... If you can't make sense of that then you should find a new hobby.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:06am
Yes it is that simple.

Posted By: Wortel
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:38am
Racing a horse that should be spelling.

Only if she's not leaving Australia. I've felt this is the case for a while and I'm not changing my opinion now.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:54am
Nothing quite like a wolly winter coat for pulling off a plunge on a rather fit race horse...

One of my old bosess was a genuis at doing this with old stayers.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:10am
Go back to the interview with Nolen after the jump out before the Sangster. His looked lost for words and body language was negative, said something like "The trackclockers said she has come back better than ever'". I think this start of the decline.

Posted By: Fair Embrace
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:18am
I'm not against people having an opinion, but I do prefer that people have an educated opinion. I'm well aware than when I'm passionate about something I do tend to rant, but my question is - What more does she have to do? She won didn't she? More to the point she did it easily!
I will ask another question - What more does she have to do?
I consider myself so fortunate to be around to see a horse like BC and I'm getting a little sick of people trying to poke holes in her performances. She is simply breathtaking.
I find it amusing that people often complain that the quality of racing is not as good as years gone by but then those same people want to pot our superstars.
At the moment I believe we have some of the strongest racing in the world and a couple of the best horses, but god forbid they win a race with a hairy coat or that they sweat up or they have a blow after the race............ 

Posted By: Grinnersawinner
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:58am
Originally posted by Wortel Wortel wrote:

Racing a horse that should be spelling.

Only if she's not leaving Australia. I've felt this is the case for a while and I'm not changing my opinion now.
Quite right. Has been a stupid, non-sensical preparation this calendar year.

-------------
Still Grinning

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:12am
Did anyone catch the radio interview on SSR with Luke Nolen where they asked him. " how does he keep focused and not let all the hysteria get into his mind before the race " well I had to laugh when he said it was'nt hard as he's used to it, but in the jockeys room all the jockeys were stirring him up by reminding him of Mike Smiths ride on Zenyata and much of a dill he would look he if stuffed up BC ..ROFL...!!!

He was not impressed having that in his mind he said...

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:16am

No but I trust my eyes and judgement. If you think she presented as well as she did on Lightning day what can I say? You think she did. I think that's not even close to reality.

You might need to get your eyes checked then.

I was there, like I have been for most of her runs. 

You cannot tell on TV for at least 2 reasons.
The white balance on TV. The mounting yard was in the shade.
HD vs SD, I think Sky were using HD cameras on the day, TVN only ever use SD cameras 

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 1:02pm
http://www.barnesphotography.com.au/mop280412/7Black-Caviar153.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://www.barnesphotography.com.au/mop280412/7Black-Caviar153.jpg
If the link above to the photo of her winning works she looked pretty good there.

http://www.barnesphotography.com.au/mop280412/7Black-Caviar107.jpg" rel="nofollow - http://www.barnesphotography.com.au/mop280412/7Black-Caviar107.jpg
And this is before the race - dunno looks ok too I reckon

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:23pm

You might need to get your eyes checked then.

I was there, like I have been for most of her runs. 

You cannot tell on TV for at least 2 reasons.
The white balance on TV. The mounting yard was in the shade.
HD vs SD, I think Sky were using HD cameras on the day, TVN only ever use SD cameras 

Takes the cake for biggest load of rubbish I've read on this forum.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:39pm
King's Rose is in HK. Interesting to see how the stable handles her trip.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:39pm
Well for one, SKY footage is TVN footage, they use the same footage, there is not TVN cameras and SKY cameras, both use the same footage.

-------------

Posted By: Relampago
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Quezacotl Quezacotl wrote:

Well for one, SKY footage is TVN footage, they use the same footage, there is not TVN cameras and SKY cameras, both use the same footage.
Is that right???

I though TVN sold their footage from Melb And Syd to Sky for broadcast, but sky used there own team for other venues.

I don't think TVN have a presence in SA or WA, if they show a race from those states, they purchase the vision from Sky....

Being different companies, the only way they can use the same footage, is if they but it from each other, OR purchase it from a 3rd party

-------------
Daintree Duke Fan Club President!!! RIP!!!

Melbourne Autumn Tipping Champion 2009!
Melbourne Spring Tipping Champion 2009!

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:47pm
Well Ch 7 and Sky had different footage as apparently Ch 7 got the same view we did from the start on course (no overlong helicopter shot).

But the  PHOTOS show she looked fine just sweated a bit like a horse not quite fit on a warm day (others sweated up too during/after races) regardless what some thought they saw on tv

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:31pm
If she "looked fine" then her performance was worse than awful. Just out of interest, what precisely do you look at when you assess a horse's condition?

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Relampago Relampago wrote:

Originally posted by Quezacotl Quezacotl wrote:

Is that right???

I though TVN sold their footage from Melb And Syd to Sky for broadcast, but sky used there own team for other venues.

I don't think TVN have a presence in SA or WA, if they show a race from those states, they purchase the vision from Sky....

Being different companies, the only way they can use the same footage, is if they but it from each other, OR purchase it from a 3rd party

they both use exactly the same footage for all or any venues, TVN won't use any of the new high profile imagery though like the sweeping crane camera or overheads, but they both use each others vision trust me.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:42pm

If she "looked fine" then her performance was worse than awful. Just out of interest, what precisely do you look at when you assess a horse's condition?
She looked fine in the coat - had a winter shine to it and she was bright (revved up a little when the jockey got on).  Behaved as she has in the past after the race.  But perhaps a little big and clearly not at her top fitness wise - ie resuming from a break.

The only thing she didnt do was sprint flat out from the turn gapping them then and she picked up once she changed leading legs and was eased right up the last 30m (straight after the shadow when you watch the replay).  Would expect a fitter horse next time in the Goodwood.

Posted By: tauto
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:27am
She did what she had to!!!

Her big day is 6 weeks away.l agree she looked average and pulled up very quickly but she is obviously only 80% right!!
Reckon we will see a marked improvement in Goodwood. 

-------------
TAUTO/WINFREUX

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:32am
What weight will she get in the Goodwood? 55.5kg?

Hope we get a field of 20 and she draws wide on a wet track. (never drawn double figures in her life), ie apart from that stumble, BC must be the luckiest horse in terms of racing luck. Should be a great race with a full field.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:32am
Hope you're right Tauto. Nothing we'd like to see more than BC smack some toffee noses at Ascot while pistol Pete chain smokes under his top 'at.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:40am
Kinda confirms Pazman isnt in the same world - the Goodwood is a set weight and penalty these days so you can work out what weight every horse will get. 

Guess we don't have to wait too long to see how many do actually nominate for the race.

And as for pulling up quickly quite a few have dne the same - D Oliver won a feature a year o two back and came back in about 3 seconds miles ahead of the other runners.  No reason for it just did since he still had to wait for the others.  Looking at the replay she was only cantering by the time she went past the post anyway so no surprise not to be running on as long as the others who were still doing their best to the post trying to fight out the minors.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:43am
What weight will she get?

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:46am
Pazman has me LOLLOL out loud...he has so many on here by the testicles....gives a little squeeze to hear them scream then laughs his head off...LOLLOL

Posted By: JudgeHolden
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 11:59am
Pulling up quickly is something this horse has done, particularly if you watch replay of last years TJ. I wouldn't read much into that.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:49pm
You were close enough Paz. BC will carry 56kgs by my reckoning.
The base 51.5kg for mares plus the maximum 4.5kg penalty.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:14pm
Paz is actually wrong that she's never drawn double a figure gate.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:20pm
10 on a straight course does not count in terms of a disadvantage in racing, Lordy. 

Posted By: The Muffin Man
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Bundy Bundy wrote:

Pazman has me LOLLOL out loud...he has so many on here by the testicles....gives a little squeeze to hear them scream then laughs his head off...LOLLOL

It's hilarious that people still bother replying isn't it? LOL

Anyone with a brain comparable to a 3 year old toddler or older can tell you that she hasn't drawn wide because there aren't enough horses in her races to make barriers above 7 or 8 necessary, but there's simply no need to keep feeding his fishing expeditions that people seem to get so worked up in replying to. LOL

-------------
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:06pm

10 on a straight course does not count in terms of a disadvantage in racing, Lordy. 

Sorry, wasn't aware of the caveats around your statement. Quite clearly her record is the result of favorable barriers throughout her career.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:26pm
She's only run in 3 non straight races with 10 or more runners.

Caulfield barrier 7 of 10
Randwick barrier 5 of 11
and last start barrier 3 of 10.

Keep punching away all you knockers!

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:28pm
She'll get 56.5kg for the Goodwood.

Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Jesus Jesus wrote:

Originally posted by MannyG MannyG wrote:

Randwick barrier 5 of 11

Your a knocker, saying that AJ was a freak. That is an insult to BC the real freak!!

Can there not be more than one freak? (Especially considering how they will be aimed over different trips in the future...)

Posted By: ChrisB
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 7:50pm

Originally posted by Jesus Jesus wrote:

Randwick barrier 5 of 11

Your a knocker, saying that AJ was a freak. That is an insult to BC the real freak!!

Can there not be more than one freak? (Especially considering how they will be aimed over different trips in the future...)

Yas there can be MannyG, but she needs to be "freakish" first - thats what AJ is yet to prove.

Mosheen (her best form line) has already failed in open company once. Rain Affair (second best form line) failed in good races. I think she will be a star and top shelf for sure, but no BC/freak - and 130 years of racing suggests odds are on my side  Thumbs Up

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net