Forum Description: General discussion about thoroughbred horse racing
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=33631
Printed Date: 19 Apr 2024 at 7:29pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: CIARON MAHER
Posted By: Vain
Subject: CIARON MAHER
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 12:22pm
I note that Ciaron Maher was fined $10,000 for giving false evidence re the circumstances of the late scratching of Bruno at Casterton recently. What wasn't reported however is what was the real reason for its late scratching. Does anybody know?

-------------
Keep them honest

Replies:
Posted By: Ted
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2011 at 12:36pm
Looks like he just made a late decision to run the horse the next day at Ararat, maybe he'd heard McLoaded was out

Posted By: subastral
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 3:14pm
Just how good is this guy??? Young horses, old horses, sprinters, jumpers, he does the lot.
Where do you guys rate him as far as Vic trainers go?

Posted By: SkyDancer
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 3:15pm
He just keeps improving. Will be the No.1 City trainer within 2 years

Posted By: doubledown
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Just how good is this guy??? Young horses, old horses, sprinters, jumpers, he does the lot.
Where do you guys rate him as far as Vic trainers go?
You could argue he's one of the best in the country, at least as a horseman.

Was gonna make a seperate thread last week but I got too drunk Clown maybe tonight.

Date Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 3:45pm
And he does it again.....

Posted By: Newtown Old Boy
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 8:21am
Couldn't find an existing thread but thought he may deserve one. Come a long way since Tears I Cry. Going gang busters at the moment and Petits Filous seems to be something special.
One criticism though - get a haircut son.

In the dropdown change from Message Body to Topic Title Smile

Posted By: doubledown
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 8:52am
Not many can match him for versatility.

He wins with 2yo's and with 12yo's. Wins over 1000m and 5500m. Wins 0-58's and G1's...

Posted By: Sunline
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 9:59am
Excellent, excellent trainer.

-------------
Sunline...simply supreme

Posted By: Gee Gee
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 10:04am
he's on a roll at the moment.

I hope he grows one of those hipster newtown beards!

Posted By: brave_ponies
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Excellent, excellent trainer.

This, and great hair!

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 6:09pm
How many trainers have won the Guineas Prelude and a Coleraine Cup in the same weekend?

Posted By: Bi Carb
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 8:47pm
They used to say the same about Moods once

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 8:58pm
Outstanding trainer by Australian standards.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: goldey
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 9:01pm
Had a chat with him here in Cairns and must say he is quite unaffected by his success .

Posted By: Gee Gee
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 10:22pm
agree goldy.

laid back fella, loves a drink   

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

You had a bad weekend mate? Particularly narky today.

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 10:46pm

You had a bad weekend mate? Particularly narky today.

I doubt I am anymore narky than usual. Smile

I am not a fan of the Australian way of training or campaigning quality racehorses.

I am absolutely certain that they butcher good quality middle distant and staying types.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: WarriSymbol
Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 11:23pm

I am not a fan of the Australian way of training or campaigning quality racehorses.

I am absolutely certain that they butcher good quality middle distant and staying types.

As you seem to know something they all don't, when are you taking out your trainers licence?

Date Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by WarriSymbol WarriSymbol wrote:

As you seem to know something they all don't, when are you taking out your trainers licence?

Really ?

What sort of debating point it that ?

Clearly you do not watch the sport.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:59pm

Weld’s Manalapan joins Maher stable

https://www.racing.com/trainers/dermot-k-weld-ire" rel="nofollow - Dermot Weld’s  lightly-raced Irish stayer  https://www.racing.com/horses/manalapan-ire" rel="nofollow - Manalapan  is set to join the  https://www.racing.com/trainers/ciaron-maher" rel="nofollow - Ciaron Maher  stable for an Australian campaign.

The six-year-old has form around the likes of  https://www.racing.com/horses/pale-mimosa-ire" rel="nofollow - Pale Mimosa  and  https://www.racing.com/horses/mutual-regard-ire" rel="nofollow - Mutual Regard  and could target races like the Moonee Valley Cup and Geelong Cup.

“He does have the ability, I think he’s had a few issues ... so he’s a little bit behind in his preparation,” Maher told Racing.com’s Racing Ahead.

“Hopefully he can find a bit of form when he’s fit.

“I’m really looking forward to getting him in the stables.

“Providing he travels well ... we’ll probably nominate him for the Moonee Valley Cup and have a look at that, or maybe the Geelong Cup.”

Manalapan, who has three wins and five placings from 18 starts, has been given 50kg for the http://www.racing.com/form/2015-11-03/flemington/race/7" rel="nofollow - Melbourne Cup .

“There’s a fair bit of water to go under the bridge (before thinking about a Melbourne Cup start),” Maher said.

“He’d have to get in and he’d have to be in winning form and probably a realistic chance but all that considered, we’d look at it.”

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 1:18pm

Gilcrist and her Girl tackle Future Stars

• 10:41am
  • |James Tzaferis - https://www.twitter.com/Jtzaf" rel="nofollow - @Jtzaf

Euphrates Girl; Average on the track but a talented show jumper

This weekend is shaping as a big one for Bianca Gilcrist.

On Saturday, she’ll be trackside at Caulfield to watch VRC Oaks winner Set Square, a mare trained my her partner Ciaron Maher, tackle the $3 million Group 1 BMW Caulfield Cup (2400m).

Less than 24 hours later, she’ll saddle up a former Maher-trained mare, Euphrates Girl, in the 1.10m and 1.20m classes at the Port Phillip Show Jumping Club’s Future Stars Show.

While Euphrates Girl may not have possessed Set Square’s talent on the racetrack, Gilchrist fell in love with the daughter of Fraar during her short racing career and has been thrilled with her progression in the show jumping arena.

“She was bred by Lindsay Park and we bought her from them as an unraced three-year-old because she was a half-sister to July, a good jumper we used to have,” Gilcrist said.

“On the first day she entered the stables I said to Ciaron that I loved her and I wanted to take her when she finished racing, thinking that she’d have a long career, as July did.

“I think Michelle Payne rode her in one of her two starts on the track she had and she got off her and said that she was possibly the slowest horse she’d ever sat on but that she was cute.”

After being retired from racing as a three-year-old filly in 2008, Gilcrist quickly transitioned Euphrates Girl into a second career as a show jumper and tasted immediate success.

However racing commitments would soon take over, restricting the amount of time Gilcrist could put into working her team of show jumpers, and she made the tough decision to sell the mare, now known in her second career as April.

But in a fortunate twist of fate, the mare was again offered for sale earlier this year, at a time when Gilcrist was slowly making a return to show jumping.

“She finished racing for us as a three-year-old and she went to Jumping with the Stars the next year and placed third as a four-year-old,” Gilcrist said.

“We got really busy with the racehorses and I stopped competing so I decided to sell her about two years ago.

“It broke my heart to do it but I wasn’t competing on her so I sold her to a young rider.

“She came back up for sale when I was in Queensland this year with Srikandi and I rang Ciaron and he told me that if I really loved her I should buy her back which I did.”

Euphrates Girl’s story is not unique to Maher and Gilcrist; the pair have been instrumental in finding suitable homes for many retired racehorses over the past decade.

Gilchrist believes their success in doing so can be attributed to the early grounding each horse receives prior to entering Maher’s stable, an education regimen very much focussed on flat work that teaches horses to best utilise their amazing physiology.

“All our pre-training is done on an arena and from day one horses learn the basics of dressage,” she said.

“They learn how to bend, flex and use their muscles correctly in the arena before they get to the track.

“The girls that work for us at the farm are either event riders or show riders as opposed to specific track riders and I think this helps.

“By the end of their racing career with us, our horses are pretty well educated and they could almost go out and do a dressage test the day after they retire.

“We do sell a lot of horses on through contacts that either myself or the girls working for us have in the equestrian industry.”

The Future Stars Show is one of the three Port Phillip Show Jumping Club events over the coming months at which Racing Victoria will offer an award, consisting of $100 cash prize and an embroidered Off the Track trophy rug, to the best performed retired racehorse.

Off the Track thoroughbreds will accumulate points based on their performances at each event – the Future Stars Show this weekend, the Agricultural Show in January and the Championship Show in March – with an award to be presented to the best performed retired racehorse overall.

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 2:28pm

https://www.racing.com/trainers/ciaron-maher" rel="nofollow - - Robert Smerdon’s the stewards had to come and approve the stables and when I came to https://www.racing.com/trainers/rick-hore-lacy" rel="nofollow -

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:18pm
Was a truly disgraceful piece of gutter jernalism from Patrick Bartley today. Tabloid style, creating a story where there wasn't one.

Posted By: Magnolian Khan
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:21pm
This is the Bartley article

Racing Victoria stewards inspected the Caulfield stables of Ciaron Maher after reports that suspended trainer Peter Moody had been in the trainer's area at trackwork and present at his former stables.

Maher has taken over part of Moody's stables when the Black Caviar trainer retired after being suspended for six months, with another six months suspended, for cobalt doping of horse Lidari.

But RVL had been contacted by some trainers claiming that he had been attending trackwork and purchasing yearlings.

Racing Victoria's Integrity Department said two stewards attended Maher's Caulfield stables and held a thorough examination of the barns and also monitored the feeding arrangements in place for the horses.

Last month, all of the stables, tack rooms and adjoining rooms were inspected with investigators confirming that the stables had changed in appearance since Moody vacated the stables and retired from racing.

On that day of the inspection, Sarah Moody, wife of Peter, tweeted: "Stewards probed maher stables this morning looking for clues PGM still training there, not everyone lies & deceives, so pleased to be out!". Stewards then held interviews, firstly with stable staff of Maher's and then questioned at length employees who were formerly part of Moody's business.

Wade Hadley, one of the investigators, said the feeding arrangements and the look of the Maher stable were different.

Stewards then interviewed Maher who gave an assurance that he was the designated trainer and not Moody.

Some of the horses in Maher's new stable are part-owned by Moody's wife Sarah, who is a registered thoroughbred owner.

Registered owners are bound by the rules of racing and in this context Sarah Moody has been summoned by stewards to attend an inquiry into social media posts which might be perceived prejudicial to the image of racing.

Sarah Moody's tweets were aimed at Terry Bailey and made reference to Melbourne's gangland underbelly.

Moody, who Fairfax Media believes is not a registered owner, has become a paid ambassador for a corporate bookmaker.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/racing-victoria-stewards-raid-maher-stables-20160517-gox91t#ixzz48yhBiZ6U" rel="nofollow - http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/racing-victoria-stewards-raid-maher-stables-20160517-gox91t#ixzz48yhBiZ6U
Follow us: http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=aBfWCmwwCr37XTadbiUzgI&u=smh" rel="nofollow - - sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:22pm

Was a truly disgraceful piece of gutter jernalism from Patrick Bartley today. Tabloid style, creating a story where there wasn't one.

Was it really that bad ?

I read it and found nothing particularly offensive. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:24pm
It wasn't newsworthy in the slightest.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:26pm
Why is it not news worthy that Victorian Stewards were investigating the possibility that Peter Moody was training some of Mahers horses ?

I find that absolutely news worthy.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:26pm
And to use the headline Stewards raid Maher stables was pathetic. The Age is basically finished as a paper. This country is deplorable for newspapers. The Australian and the Newscorpse are abysmal and the Age seems hellbent on following them. Take me back to the UK!!! Amazing papers there.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:28pm

Why is it not news worthy that Victorian Stewards were investigating the possibility that Peter Moody was training some of Mahers horses ?

It is only newsworthy if he was there. Until then, its scuttlebutt. They created a story based on zero fact. That's gossip, not news.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:46pm

It is only newsworthy if he was there. Until then, its scuttlebutt. They created a story based on zero fact. That's gossip, not news.

No the story is that The Stewards were investigating the situation.

It was absolutely news worthy. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:48pm
No, it isn't.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:49pm
You must read The Daily Terrorgraph in Sydney?

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:49pm
Yes it is.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Delta Deel
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:50pm
I like Maher but if you lay down with dogs.......

-------------
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/

Why ?

They would not write anything newsworthy.

This is absolutely newsworthy.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

I like Peter Moody.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:52pm
That is not to call Moods a dog in anyway as that would be way too harsh. But by Maher taking over these stables with some of the Moody's horses amongst them he is going to continue to cop heat from racing Vic. I wonder if it is worth the trouble.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:52pm

Ridiculous comment

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:54pm
probably read the one below it. I am not Moody's biggest fan, I do think he got caught out cheating. I do not think he is a dog however.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 4:57pm
So every trainer that took horses off Moody is what?

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:06pm

I only have heard gossip and innuendo sub, so to escape the wrath of your scrutiny I will not be going down any path with what I have heard. But I have been told there is more to this story by folks that have connections with some of the horses involved.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:07pm
Why, when we want to be derogatory towards somebody do we call them a dog as if dogs are somehow bad ?

Call him a moron or something but not a dog. Dogs deserve better.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Straight Connector
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:07pm

And to use the headline Stewards raid Maher stables was pathetic. The Age is basically finished as a paper. This country is deplorable for newspapers. The Australian and the Newscorpse are abysmal and the Age seems hellbent on following them. Take me back to the UK!!! Amazing papers there.

While the papers here are awful, to suggest that they are any better in the UK is way off the mark. They wrote the script and our papers followed.

Won't even mention the low rags names...

Posted By: 3blindmice
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:16pm
God there's some bullgelati around racing and on forums.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

So, Does that mean you thought the story was a non event ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:39pm
It means Bartley was obviously struggling for something to write about, and more, djebel. If reporting on routine RV work is the best he has, Fairfax might as well show him the door. The rest I'll leave to you to work out.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

While the papers here are awful, to suggest that they are any better in the UK is way off the mark. They wrote the script and our papers followed.

You have options in the UK. We have nothing like The Independent, Guardian (only online here), Telegraph etc to go with Murdoch crap and pompous Times etc.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:45pm

I only have heard gossip and innuendo sub, so to escape the wrath of your scrutiny I will not be going down any path with what I have heard. But I have been told there is more to this story by folks that have connections with some of the horses involved.

You ever thought of a journo contract with Fairfax? Patrick Bartley needs an apprentice.

Posted By: AndiCap
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:47pm
- - - said Foreskin Fred

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:49pm

It means Bartley was obviously struggling for something to write about, and more, djebel. If reporting on routine RV work is the best he has, Fairfax might as well show him the door. The rest I'll leave to you to work out.

The only people who would think this is a non story are those who are Peter Moody apologists or are so anti Patrick Bartley they let it cloud their judgement. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Straight Connector
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:51pm

Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

You have options in the UK. We have nothing like The Independent, Guardian (only online here), Telegraph etc to go with Murdoch crap and pompous Times etc.

Yeah but we also have nothing like the S*n, the News of the World, Daily Mail etc

Just a disgusting stream of gelatie daily.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 5:54pm

The only people who would think this is a non story are those who are Peter Moody apologists or are so anti Patrick Bartley they let it cloud their judgement. 

Rubbish. Where is the proof Moody has been at the stables? Bartley has none. Maher has come out and said why the stewards were coming and it wasn't to check on Moody. So where is the story?

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:05pm

I'm neither djebel so your conclusion falls at the first hurdle. If Bartley's brief from Fairfax is padded waffle then he's doing his job. The capacity for invention around racing circles and even moreso on forums is apparently limitless. 

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:07pm

Rubbish. Where is the proof Moody has been at the stables? Bartley has none. Maher has come out and said why the stewards were coming and it wasn't to check on Moody. So where is the story?

He was simply reporting that Stewards were out their looking into the allegation. 

He is not the one making the accusation he is the one reporting it.

Moody's reaction on twitter tells us that Bartleys mail, that he must have got from RV, was probably on the money.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:08pm
Have you even read Skydancers post linking the article on the last page? I really don't think you have.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:09pm

I'm neither djebel so your conclusion falls at the first hurdle. If Bartley's brief from Fairfax is padded waffle then he's doing his job. The capacity for invention around racing circles and even moreso on forums is apparently limitless. 

Oh stop talking your condescending gelati. You are one or the other. It was absolutely newsworthy.

Not earth shattering ground breaking information but it was newsworthy. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:12pm

Have you even read Skydancers post linking the article on the last page? I really don't think you have.

Why did they need satisfaction Peter Moody was not the trainer if there was no suspicion he might have been ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:20pm

Why did they need satisfaction Peter Moody was not the trainer if there was no suspicion he might have been ?

What part of normal licensing procedure are you struggling with?

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:23pm
I suspect it is no more than the company line.

At the end of the day - It was Newsworthy.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:25pm
Wow this escalated quickly.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:27pm

I suspect it is no more than the company line.

At the end of the day - It was Newsworthy.

Some days you seem perfectly normal. Others........

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:34pm
I am going to get the last word in.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:36pm

"Too Much Time On My Hands"

Sitting on this barstool talking like a damn fool
Got the twelve o'clock news blues
And I've given up hope on the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder I'm not crazy? Is it any wonder I'm sane at all
Well I'm so tired of losing- I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisin' but I've no place to go and all night to get there
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal?
Is it any wonder I'm not in jail?
Is it any wonder I've got

Well, I'm a jet fuel genius - I can solve the world's problems
Without even trying
I have dozens of friends and the fun never ends
That is, as long as I'm buying
Is it any wonder I'm not the president
(He's not the president)
Is it any wonder I'm null and void?
Is it any wonder I've got

Too much time on my hands, it's ticking away at my sanity
I've got too much time on my hands, it's hard to believe such a calamity
I've got too much time on my hands and it's ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:41pm
Won $250 on the punt today, did my  paperwork, sold 10 tours and argued with Djebel. Easy to do more than one thing SC......

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

This is the Bartley article

Racing Victoria stewards inspected the Caulfield stables of Ciaron Maher after reports that suspended trainer Peter Moody had been in the trainer's area at trackwork and present at his former stables.

Maher has taken over part of Moody's stables when the Black Caviar trainer retired after being suspended for six months, with another six months suspended, for cobalt doping of horse Lidari.

But RVL had been contacted by some trainers claiming that he had been attending trackwork and purchasing yearlings.

Racing Victoria's Integrity Department said two stewards attended Maher's Caulfield stables and held a thorough examination of the barns and also monitored the feeding arrangements in place for the horses.

Last month, all of the stables, tack rooms and adjoining rooms were inspected with investigators confirming that the stables had changed in appearance since Moody vacated the stables and retired from racing.

On that day of the inspection, Sarah Moody, wife of Peter, tweeted: "Stewards probed maher stables this morning looking for clues PGM still training there, not everyone lies & deceives, so pleased to be out!". Stewards then held interviews, firstly with stable staff of Maher's and then questioned at length employees who were formerly part of Moody's business.

Wade Hadley, one of the investigators, said the feeding arrangements and the look of the Maher stable were different.

Stewards then interviewed Maher who gave an assurance that he was the designated trainer and not Moody.

Some of the horses in Maher's new stable are part-owned by Moody's wife Sarah, who is a registered thoroughbred owner.

Registered owners are bound by the rules of racing and in this context Sarah Moody has been summoned by stewards to attend an inquiry into social media posts which might be perceived prejudicial to the image of racing.

Sarah Moody's tweets were aimed at Terry Bailey and made reference to Melbourne's gangland underbelly.

Moody, who Fairfax Media believes is not a registered owner, has become a paid ambassador for a corporate bookmaker.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/racing-victoria-stewards-raid-maher-stables-20160517-gox91t#ixzz48yhBiZ6U" rel="nofollow - http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/racing-victoria-stewards-raid-maher-stables-20160517-gox91t#ixzz48yhBiZ6U
Follow us: http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=aBfWCmwwCr37XTadbiUzgI&u=smh" rel="nofollow - - sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Let's try this again...

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

https://www.racing.com/trainers/ciaron-maher" rel="nofollow - - Robert Smerdon’s the stewards had to come and approve the stables and when I came to https://www.racing.com/trainers/rick-hore-lacy" rel="nofollow -

Posted By: Lordy
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:44pm
3 pages of argument about a non-story. Classic TBV.

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:44pm
Next week, TMZ will follow Moody into his prostate exam.

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 6:45pm

Won $250 on the punt today, did my  paperwork, sold 10 tours and argued with Djebel. Easy to do more than one thing SC......

The least you could additionally do is crack a smile Subby.  Smile

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:37pm

Oh stop talking your condescending gelati. You are one or the other. It was absolutely newsworthy.

Not earth shattering ground breaking information but it was newsworthy. 

Impeccable logic djebel. Never come across the "none of the above" option on multiple choice questions I presume?LOL

Posted By: AndiCap
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:38pm
If in doubt- always tick 'C'

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:43pm
Think the point everyone missed is that it was the trainer's peers that blew the whistle here due to a number of issues over the last few weeks. Not the RVL going in blind half cocked.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:46pm

Think the point everyone missed is that it was the trainer's peers that blew the whistle here due to a number of issues over the last few weeks. Not the RVL going in blind half cocked.

No no no no no.

Nothing happened.

There is no story here.

I will get the last word in.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:47pm
Think he has a big hope at Doomben with Imperial Lass @ $17Thumbs Up

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 7:47pm
As the late much despised/admired Maggie Thatcher once said (sort of): "name one!". 

Posted By: Pardon_My_Dust
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:12pm

Here we go again, how did I know this pain in the ass would be lurking in this thread judging people. If this is what you call contribution well I guess that explains everything. LOL

Posted By: Pardon_My_Dust
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:14pm

Just wait for that Moody apologist to step into thread and he will do an about turn. He does like being usurped. Tongue

Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Here we go again, how did I know this pain in the ass would be lurking in this thread judging people. If this is what you call contribution well I guess that explains everything. LOL

I could offer at least three probabilities. PM me and I'll reveal the obvious.

Posted By: early4lunch
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 8:56pm
FOOLS !!!! Everybody knows that the real source of racing news is The Thoroughbred Village.

Posted By: mc41
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 10:25pm
Not sure why Sarah mentions underbelly given Mokbel was a client

Posted By: Diamond Lover
Date Posted: 18 May 2016 at 10:34pm
Smells worse out Mornington. Maybe they should tale a look out that way... 

Date Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 7:54pm
He is so good at targeting races. Oaks, Stradbrokes, Grand Annuals, Caulfield Cups, it doesn't matter. He rarely gets it wrong.

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 7:57pm
If anyone can put up the herald sun feature interview about the maher family it is a great read. In today's paper

Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 5:40pm
Akavaroun ready for a big run today .

Posted By: Morgan Dollar
Date Posted: 05 Nov 2016 at 6:38pm
Thought it looked like it would launch over the top at the 350 but just peaked

-------------
Go The Dollar..!

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 1:59pm
Maybe it's just me struggling to find an edge backing him, but is this guy just paddling this season?

Posted By: James
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Maybe it's just me struggling to find an edge backing him, but is this guy just paddling this season?

Have not looked at the numbers but some trainers just get over bet. Waller and Weir's horses are often a bit shorter than they should be for this reason. Throw Bowman on a Waller horse and you can nearly guarantee it will be under the odds.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:37pm
5 of his last 10 runners have won. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:38pm
13 of his last 50.

He has a Caulfield Cup on the mantelpiece I doubt he is struggling 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: whitt0
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:44pm

13 of his last 50.

Not bad for an Aussie trainer

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:47pm
Outstanding by Australian standards. Beer

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Bonfield
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 3:13pm
One of the best - no question.

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

13 of his last 50.

Must be something in the water.

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:27pm

13 of his last 50.

12 metro wins this season from 100 starts. Just 7 winners.

Not saying he's lost the touch, just wondering if there's a few in his boat that have dropped the oar.

Caulfield, Warrnambool, Pakenham, Randwick... spread pretty thin without the right people/processes.

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 4:41pm
Melb Metro:

http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=ODgyNTI3NA%3d%3d&trainername=Darren+Weir" rel="nofollow - Darren Weir

77 65 48 44 48 $6,765,640.00 14.90% 517
http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=OTA2MTQ3MA%3d%3d&trainername=David+%26+B+Hayes+%26+T+Dabernig" rel="nofollow - David & B Hayes & T Dabernig 54 53 37 49 36 $6,322,360.00 13.70% 393
http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=ODUyMDU1Mg%3d%3d&trainername=Mick+Price" rel="nofollow - Mick Price 15 15 10 16 10 $1,998,865.00 11.40% 132
http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=MTAxNzk3NTY%3d&trainername=Chris+Waller" rel="nofollow - Chris Waller 14 15 16 20 12 $4,300,615.00 09.70% 144
http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=Nzg5NTc5OQ%3d%3d&trainername=Robbie+Griffiths" rel="nofollow - Robbie Griffiths 14 3 10 12 11 $877,760.00 14.30% 98
http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=ODY1Njg3NQ%3d%3d&trainername=Robert+Smerdon" rel="nofollow - Robert Smerdon 13 12 11 5 7 $900,110.00 11.30% 115
http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=MTIwOTMzODE%3d&trainername=John+OShea" rel="nofollow - John O'Shea 11 14 15 7 8 $2,919,975.00 09.90% 111
http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=MTY2Mjc3NjE%3d&trainername=Ciaron+Maher" rel="nofollow - Ciaron Maher 11 9 12 9 6 $3,093,250.00 11.50% 96
http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=Nzk0OTAxNg%3d%3d&trainername=Michael%2c+Wayne+%26+John+Hawkes" rel="nofollow - Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes 11 4 10 6 4 $1,738,370.00 18.60% 59

All Vic he's 3rd behind Weir & Hayes:

http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/TrainerEngagement.aspx?trainercode=MTY2Mjc3NjE%3d&trainername=Ciaron+Maher" rel="nofollow - Ciaron Maher

54 39 33 28 18 $3,870,743.00 20.10% 268

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: Xavier
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 5:26pm

13 of his last 50.

12 metro wins this season from 100 starts. Just 7 winners.

Not saying he's lost the touch, just wondering if there's a few in his boat that have dropped the oar.

Caulfield, Warrnambool, Pakenham, Randwick... spread pretty thin without the right people/processes.

How many horses does he have in Sydney?

-------------
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes

Posted By: Bi Carb
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 8:15pm

The landscape has changed

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

13 of his last 50.

He does seem to struggle with the hair on a windy day though !  Beer

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2017 at 12:20am
I'm positive I saw a Chicken Twistie fly out of his hair on a windy day interview. One  has just gotta be observant and you see all sorts of stuff going on in this industry . I'm sure he wouldn't lower himself to that level of losing a twistie , but when you walk around at Flemington , and there are people up in the grandstand with questionable eating habits . Strong winds and a few beverages,  the outcome can be interesting , and the camera seems to accentuate things like this . And I'm sure the hydrolyzed  vegetable protein helped his natural hair colour look even better to the viewing public that day .

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net