Posted By: the renter
Subject: Statue of Liberty
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 2:03am
am thinking of purchasing one at melbourne will he make a stallion? Why/Why not

Replies:
Posted By: Clem Hill
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 2:31am
In a word YES

He is a close relative to one of my most admired stallions in Foxhound.

Foxhound only stood a season at Coolmore before being controversially 'sacked' however not before producing the outstanding juvenile North Fox (who my spies tell me is a star galloper on the lucrative Macau racing circuit)

This is also the family of Wolfhound, a top sire in the USA and Al Mufti, a leading sire in South Africa.

Storm Cat is a legend in the USA, commanding a US$500,000 service fee (with no free return Ouch ) and in Australia has produced the handy Catrail and High Yield as well as Tale of the Cat.

There is a tremendous 'pipeline' for Storm Cat in Australia with the likes of Felix The Cat (cracker), Tabkir (sneaky chance) and Consolidator (absolute stunner) all coming through the ranks.

If you like this yearling, I say buy it!!!

All the best Smile

Posted By: Run For Fun
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2007 at 3:30am

Imho the unanswerable but critical questions, at this time in any event, is whether his stock will handle Oz conditions and more importantly whether they'll train on.

In the latter regard, the stock of many Storm Cat sires don't, and neither did Statue of Liberty. 

Do rate him a chance however.

-------------
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers

Posted By: Everitt
Date Posted: 27 Feb 2007 at 2:33am

I'm sure I posted here yesterday but it's gone! I to am looking at the SOL at the up coming sales, hope I dont out bid you!. I liked the look of the filly out of Uccello. Plain but a nice type. How much do you think they will bring?

http://pcs.inglis.com.au/auctions/photo.php?lot=292&sale=07mpy - http://pcs.inglis.com.au/auctions/photo.php?lot=292&sale=07mpy

Posted By: willy
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 5:08am
To answer the head post question ..

.. STATUE OF LIBERTY is entirely unsuited to this region and they will need soft & heavy tracks to stay sound.

He is upright in the shoulder .. over himself in front .. ordinary looking legs consistent with the STORM CAT/SEATTLE SLEW cross .. and too heavy in the shoulder as well.

He has far too much dirt blood.

His GROUP 3 win at 2 was a slow 1.15.7 for 6f.

His close 2nd in the SUSSEX at 3 was a pedestrian 1.40 for 8f.

He only had 5 starts.

Not surprising.

Not for here.

-------------
"All the rogues are in the game .. but not everyone in the game is a rogue .. just as 90% of stallions are guilty of downgrading your mares."

Posted By: Clem Hill
Date Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 8:48am
Willy,

After careful consideration, and I must say a rather sleepless night, I have come to agree that Statue of Liberty is up against it to make it as a stallion.

The turning point for me was the realisation that this horse carried 3 individual words in his title. Apart from Encosta De Lago in Australia and another neddy I researched in Europe named El Gran Senor I found it very difficult to find another stallion of note that had 3 individual names.

If you couple that with the fact that the other afore mentioned duo both started with the letter E, it suddenly became very apparent that this horse's stud career was doomed before it began. He may become a More Than Ready type, but that is all.

I also note that the name itself 'Statue of Liberty' emanates from a monument in New York, which is in a city I don't particularly like. In actual fact, I don't really like the USA either but Belgium is lovely....I find Belgium close to home as the natives remind me very much of my New Zealand counterparts.....absolute characters Wink

So in summary, avoid this stallion....he is doomed, go for a one or two worder instead and you will be on the fast track to success Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: zimstar
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 11:34pm
how do we think statue of libertys australian progeny will end up??

good start with elysees, winning impressively, to take out a stakes race in adelaide a couple of months back!!

Posted By: troppo75
Date Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 11:54pm
I didnt see him in the stallions book this time around.

Personally I am quite dissapointed with him. I had considered him to be a decent prospect but he has done really really badly. You mention elysees which won a stakes race but it was not expected to even be competitive in the race.

If I had one I would be hoping like hell it had inherited some quality from the dam! LOL

-------------
Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!

Date Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 12:33am
Originally posted by troppo75 troppo75 wrote:

I didnt see him in the stallions book this time around.

Personally I am quite dissapointed with him. I had considered him to be a decent prospect but he has done really really badly. You mention elysees which won a stakes race but it was not expected to even be competitive in the race.

If I had one I would be hoping like hell it had inherited some quality from the dam! LOL

yeh, he is now standing in japan i think, and isnt coming back out to blue gum farm in the near distant future!! his progeny in europe were very 2 year olds with him getting many winners!!

for 1st season sires from victoria, him and estambul are leading the way at the moment!

elysees, has a strong dam side, gift bouquet, has already thrown the handy blahnik

Posted By: whitters
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 2:13am
By all accounts he cannot make it back here from Japan due to much stricter (now) quarantine regulations. He seems to be going pretty well with 4 winners including 1 stakes winner from 15 first crop runners.
Bit of a blow for breeders with him not making it back though.

Posted By: whitters
Date Posted: 25 Jun 2008 at 2:38am
Sorry I meant a bit of a blow for the breeders that had thus far supported him. Smacks a bit of King Charlemagne albeit for different reasons.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 12:25am
Originally posted by whitters whitters wrote:

Sorry I meant a bit of a blow for the breeders that had thus far supported him. Smacks a bit of King Charlemagne albeit for different reasons.

true!! we have a king charlemagne yearling, that was meant to be a statue of liberty!! damn

Posted By: piemad1
Date Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 7:52pm
you dont read alot about this guy but he seems to be able to get a few good runners. mic mac, haylist, broadway harmony,somewhere somehow etc etc. from all reports he hasnt had the best of mares and has still done fairly well. what do you guys think of him

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 12:37pm
He seems to have been a surprise packet. From small numbers he has done a pretty good job and can clearly throw a really good horse. His numbers have been huge lately so there will be plenty to choose from.

Physically he has interesting legs but from what I've seen from his stock he doesn't throw any more bad legged individuals than the average sire. His female line has worked really well in these parts.

I like him and would use him if I had the right mare but would probably prefer to buy a nice one at the sales.

Posted By: Xolento
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 1:22pm
Statue Of Liberty has in his one Australian crop produced Mic Mac, Tempest Tost, Dan Baroness, Elysees, Go Lizzy, Hay List, Bartholdi, Solchow, Rabati, Rory Mor, Hot Pepper, Total Liberty, Free Dive, Art Piece, Liberty Isle, Liberty Edition, Victory March, Liberty Lazer, Cecilia, & Verridon...thats 20 winners from his first crop.....outstanding effort.

Posted By: Progold
Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 3:43pm
Statue Of Liberty visited Australia from 2004 until 2006 but did not return due to EI in 2007 and then was not allowed back in 2008 because of Japanese quarantine.  He came back last year and is now in Japan for the NH summer.  Statue Of Liberty has 171 Australian born foals aged between 2 and 4 for a total of 4 SW in Mic Mac, Elysees, Dan Baroness and Broadway Harmony.  From what I can see, he has a total of 50 individual winners to date out of a total of 92 individual runners.

Interestingly, for anther thread on the breeding forum, he has only had 1 runner out of a Tertian mare and that of course is his best performed to date in Mic Mac.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 3:57pm
And one of Runfer's posts that was lost advised that he was currently 4th on the Australian Third Crop sire list behind Lonhro, E & E and Reset.  Albeit with about half the number of runners.

-------------

Cheers

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 4:09pm
Statue Of Liberty visited Australia from 2004 until 2006 but did not return due to EI in 2007 and then was not allowed back in 2008 because of Japanese quarantine.  He came back last year and is now in Japan for the NH summer.  Statue Of Liberty has 171 Australian born foals aged between 2 and 4 for a total of 4 SW in Mic Mac, Elysees, Dan Baroness and Broadway Harmony.  From what I can see, he has a total of 50 individual winners to date out of a total of 92 individual runners.

Interestingly, for anther thread on the breeding forum, he has only had 1 runner out of a Tertian mare and that of course is his best performed to date in Mic Mac.

Date Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 4:39pm
Wow, you're going to have to do something about that stutter mate.  Wink

Unless we still have posting probs.

-------------

Cheers

Posted By: aintsinnothinyet
Date Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 10:24pm
Well, Hay List proved today that he could just be the real deal. With Mic Mac probably slightly unlucky not to have picked up a Gr1 over this Autumn/Winter you'd have to say this boy is very hot at the moment.

Anyone have any idea of what his stakes winners to runners could be? He doesn't seem to have that many out there, but a fair few stakes horses.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 11:03pm
From what I can see, Haylist is the stallion's 5th stakes winner in Australia (including Listed winners).  That would make 5 from a minimum of 92 individual runners which isn't a bad result.
Hopefully I can post this one without stuttering.

Date Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 11:47pm
ive always told ya this stallion is something special.

many of you laughed at me!! look whos laughing now

Posted By: Bottom Line
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2010 at 5:23pm
Another bad legged stallion that is priced at his limit. Much better to buy one than breed one like so so many other stallions at present. He represents fair value however compared to many hunter imposters.

Posted By: yogy bear
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 9:41am
whats so bad about his legs bottom line? Share it with the world. Keeping in mind he averaged 6 times service fee with his last crop of yearlings

Posted By: shiner
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 11:00am
are his bad legs a genetic or enviromental fault?

-------------
Horse breeding is like religion, if you don't really believe in what you are doing it is purely social

Posted By: aintsinnothinyet
Date Posted: 28 Jun 2010 at 11:53pm
Bottom Line - tell the world something we don't know. The whole Storm Cat line often throw offset horses, does it make any difference?

Was Storm Cat correct?

If you know what you're talking about, you wouldn't have wasted valuable time posting that statement.

Posted By: mowie
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 2:38am
Originally posted by Xolento Xolento wrote:

Statue Of Liberty has in his one Australian crop produced Mic Mac, Tempest Tost, Dan Baroness, Elysees, Go Lizzy, Hay List, Bartholdi, Solchow, Rabati, Rory Mor, Hot Pepper, Total Liberty, Free Dive, Art Piece, Liberty Isle, Liberty Edition, Victory March, Liberty Lazer, Cecilia, & Verridon...thats 20 winners from his first crop.....outstanding effort.

wow when i first saw  statue of liberty i thought crap stallion,but a few of those names ain't to bad at all,..but in saying that there are alot of them that are in nsw an woop woops in vic that are doing very little ..so i'd say the boat is still out on statue of liberty till this time next year

-------------
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 4:17pm
Statue of Liberty x Mere Royaume 2yo just came into work with Greg Eurell if anyone is interested in racing it with me Wink

Posted By: Nocturnal
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 5:16pm
Details? Photo.Breeding etc ???

-------------
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....

Posted By: lotto
Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 5:21pm
Big rush on bookings this week following win by Hay List. Eliza expect him to be booked out this season with a cap of 125 mares.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Unnamed Bay or brown colt 2007  

Sire:
Statue of Liberty
Storm Cat Storm Bird Northern Dancer
South Ocean
2-d
4-j
Terlingua Secretariat
Crimson Saint
2-s
8-c
Charming Lassie Seattle Slew Bold Reasoning
My Charmer
1-k
13-c
Lassie Dear Buckpasser
Gay Missile
1-s
3-l
Dam:
Mere Royaume
Bubble Gum Fellow Sunday Silence Halo
Wishing Well
2-d
3-e
Bubble Company Lyphard
Prodice
17-b
1-b
Bichette Bellotto Mr Prospector
Shelf Talker
13-c
1-n
Michette Knightly Manner
Michou
1-n
14-e

By STATUE OF LIBERTY (USA) (Br. or bl. 2000) Stakes-winner; won 2 races and $270,549 ; sire of SWs Mic Mac, Dan Baroness, Black Mambazo, Kolokol, In the Crown, Tempest Tost, Miss Liberty, Broadway Harmony, Elysees and SP Solchow, Gluteus Maximus, Galaktea, Liberally, Liberty Chery, Hay List, Colony, Robscarvic, Go Lizzy, Golden Liberty, New Jersey; also winners Magnetic Storm, Rory Mor, Manhattan Angel, Bartholdi, etc.

1st DAM

MERE ROYAUME, by Bubble Gum Fellow (JPN). Unraced. Half-sister to Flying Belle (dam of Orbiting Belle, Dance on Board). This is her fifth foal, 1 raced, a winner-

CECILIA (2005 f by Statue of Liberty (USA)). 1 win at 1100 m. and $21,400 in Australia.

Diablesse (2003 f by Johan Cruyff (GB)). Unraced.

2nd DAM

BICHETTE, by Bellotto (USA). 3 wins 1000 to 2200 m. and $45,930 Won Geelong RC Oaks Trial S. L, MVRC Alister H. 2nd VRC Cci Insurances H. Three-quarter sister-in-blood to Ma Chao. Half-sister to Grand Ranch, Belle Lurette (dam of Ma Chao). Dam of 7 named foals, 6 raced, 5 winners-

RUSSIAN KNIGHT. 8 wins 1000 to 1400 m. and $74,570 Won QTC 2 YO Colts and Geldings Maiden H. 3rd QTC Class 6 H., BTC Class 6 H., BTC Class 6 H.

CASSE COU. 3 wins at 1200, 1600 m. and $46,175 in Australia 2nd MVRC Final on Big Scrren H.

FLYING BELLE. 3 wins 1850 to 2050 m. and $31,300 in Australia. Dam of 3 winners inc.--

Orbiting Belle (f by Spinning World (USA)). 2 wins at 1000, 1017 m. at 2 and $122,410 Won VRC Flemington Finals Day H. 3rd MVRC William Crockett S. L, SAJC Lightning S. L, VRC Nouvelle Star H., MVRC Autocentro H. 4th VRC The Vanity G3.

Dance on Board (c by Fasliyev (USA)). 4 wins 1200 to 2040 m. and $190,300 Won MVRC Alcoa Wheel Products H., MVRC Super Vobis 2 YO H. 2nd MRC Gothic S. L, MRC Snitzel H. 3rd MRC Le Pine Funerals Cup, VRC Altona H.

SLEDGEHAMMER. 1 win at 1400 m. and $38,938 in Malaysia.

LITTLE JO. 1 win at 1175 m. and $11,275 in Australia.

3rd DAM

MICHETTE, by Knightly Manner (USA). Started twice in Australia. Dam of 10 named foals, 8 raced, 6 winners-

BICHETTE (f by Bellotto (USA)). 3 wins. See above. Won Geelong RC Oaks Trial S. L, MVRC Alister H. 2nd VRC Cci Insurances H.

Grand Ranch (c by Rancher). Placed to 1350 m. 3rd SAJC Fulham Park Plate L, SAJC Weatherly H.

BELLE LURETTE. 1 win at 2000 m. and $30,900. Won AJC 3 YO and Up Restricted H. 2nd STC 3 YO and Up Restricted H., STC Mares Restricted H., AJC Winooka H., AJC Jumbuck Racing H. 3rd STC 4 YO and Up Restricted H., AJC 4 YO and Up Restricted H., AJC Mares Restricted H., STC Marrickville H., AJC Pretty Polly H. Dam of 3 winners inc.--

Ma Chao (g by Bellotto (USA)). 2 wins at 1200, 1400 m. and $36,734 2nd SAJC Euclase H. 3rd SAJC Balcrest S. L. 4th SAJC Fulham Park Plate L.

BOULE MICHE. 4 wins 900 to 1465 m. and $12,050 in Australia.

CORRADO. 4 wins 1000 to 1600 m. and $20,370 in Australia.

JANGADEIRO. 3 wins 1200 to 1600 m. and $7,260 in Australia.

HOLLYBROOK STAR. 1 win at 1200 m. and $6,500 in Australia.

4th DAM

MICHOU, by Summer Fair (NZ). Started 7 times in Australia. Half-sister to Pleasant Time (dam of Mrs Soffel), Lemon Butter (dam of COOL TED). Dam of 9 named foals, 7 raced, 4 winners-

LA MOME. 1 win at 1400 m. and $3,230. Won STC Whalan 3-Y-O Fillies Graduation Stakes. 3rd AJC Australia Day H. Producer.

VORNARI. 12 wins 800 to 1485 m. and $10,705 in Australia.

LE TOMBEUR. 1 win at 1600 m. and $1,800 in Australia.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 5:31pm

don't know how to put a pic in but can send to you if you email or msg me

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 5:38pm
Cost?  X

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 5:42pm

$5,940 a 10% share.

smaller% available - 5%, 2.5%

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:02pm
Thanks X I have a mare in foal to Statue and I have been following him and his progeny pretty closely . He is doing a very good job. IMo.
A mate of mine has taken a share in the Elvstreom-Carmenesque you have been mentioning. Not a follower of the forum so your outside marketing must be working

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:06pm
Thanks Nocturnal...that's the commands mare of yours ?   I love Commands too Smile

the Elvis filly was an awesome bargain.............well i hope she proves to be !!

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:21pm
She's Commanding

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 6:51pm

She's Commanding

went ok if I recall............was there a big mean bald guy in it with you ?  Wink

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:24pm
She  tried hard was a get back horse and needed luck  and speed on . One bald guy not very mean though . Mean as in tight maybe Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 9:31pm
No X come to think of it there was a big Bald guy , good bloke but could be construed as big and Nasty Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:18am

No X come to think of it there was a big Bald guy , good bloke but could be construed as big and Nasty Wink

Big Ash ?

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 11:41am
Yeah thats him

-------------

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Xolento Xolento wrote:

$5,940 a 10% share.

smaller% available - 5%, 2.5%

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 6:49pm
Statue Of Liberty Adds Irish Black-Type
In Ireland overnight, Eliza Park Stud's Royal Ascot Group-winning shuttler http://www.breedingracing.com/pdfs/Sires-Annual-2010/sire100/statueLiberty.pdf - Statue Of Liberty (Storm Cat-Charming Lassie, by Seattle Slew) added a juvenile black-type success when his daughter Anadolu (Statue Of Liberty-Afto, by Relaunch) scored a half-length victory in the €45,000 (A$65,000) Listed Tipperary Stakes (5 furlongs) for 2YOs at Tipperary. Anadolu (ridden by Pat Shanahan for trainer Tracey Collins) defeated fellow fillies Moonlit Garden (Exceed And Excel-Fingal Nights, by Night Shift) & Cloneylass (Verglas-Consensus, by Common Grounds). Anadolu now has 2 wins from 4 starts. (Jul 12)

Posted By: lovethegame
Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 10:03pm
aarrr like a true sales man or personWink

-------------
If you have never failed than you have never tried.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2010 at 11:30pm
woman Wink

Posted By: lovethegame
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 9:09pm
Just had word he is nearly booked out and there is no more dealing on him.
When your hot your hot.

-------------
If you have never failed than you have never tried.

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2010 at 7:06pm
http://www.bloodstock.com.au/bloodstock/details.php?id=29342 - http://www.bloodstock.com.au/bloodstock/details.php?id=29342

-------------
http://aust-breds.com.au/

Posted By: stallion
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 4:11pm
Statue of Liberty always had a chance of doing well in Australia. He is from the Lassie dear family that also includes Honor Grades, Saithor, Bite The Bullet, spectacular spy all good sires in Australia. Coolmore have now bought out Duke of Marmalade $22,000 and Emirates have brought out Eavesdropper a stakeswinning half brother to AP Indy for $5,500.

Both these stallions will have a good chance of doing well in Australia.

Posted By: birricannia
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 6:56pm
Hay List will make a few people look a bit harder at this bloe. What a horse.

-------------
Owners think they're trainers,trainers think they're jockeys and jockeys don't think

Posted By: Bottom Line
Date Posted: 11 Sep 2010 at 10:38pm
Looks like a terrific horse. Very good luck to connections. You will struggle to breed another one like him though. Seen many with ordinary knees.
 Hay List should make a few people sit up and enjoy a one in a 10000 very very fast horse. Trainer a lovely bloke too, good luck!

Posted By: yogy bear
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2010 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Bottom Line Bottom Line wrote:

Looks like a terrific horse. Very good luck to connections. You will struggle to breed another one like him though. Seen many with ordinary knees.
 Hay List should make a few people sit up and enjoy a one in a 10000 very very fast horse. Trainer a lovely bloke too, good luck!
what a stupid statement. The stallion has another 7 southern hem stakes winners from less than 100 runners. Name me a stallion that has done that

Posted By: sweetvictory
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2010 at 11:12am
$16K+ gst great value.. does he have a full book?

-------------
3..2..1..Big rocket go now!

Posted By: Red Hare
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2015 at 11:54pm
Hi Team,

New here, so hoping not to look a complete clown... Just wondering what the general consensus is re Statue of Liberty? 

I'm a first-time owner (small share of a share with a couple mates) with an unnamed 2yo filly by this bloke from a Geiger Counter/Noalcoholic mare. I'm a little obsessed with researching the family history, to the point where I get ahead of myself & start thinking breeding.... Pointless this early in the game, but research is my caper, so I can't help it Big smile

The filly herself looks big and strong to my untrained eye, and the stable reckon she's super-professional in her work and "has a good brain on her" (like she's going to win a spelling bee Confused ), which I'm told is rare for the breed?

I know that the big fella's largest crop to date (2009) are just entering their 4yo season, and the gap in breeding seasons (due to EI) means that the bulk of his current runners are no older than that. However, this also means that the pool of broodmares is limited to the 2004-06 crops... so not much to work with there, although other sons of Storm Cat are going OK.

So, to cut a short story long, is Statue of Liberty likely to find a few more Hay Lists, or a Spirit's Dance, (which I would happily settle for!) ?

Posted By: goldey
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 6:43am
Strong rumour he may stand at Eliza in Qld inthe near future .

Posted By: whitt0
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 7:06am
Good solid stallion that brings a lot of speed into the progeny. could imagine that if you have a mare that needed some speed into the legs he is a good option.

Still covering ok numbers.

2014 - 71
2013 - 110
2012 - 125

Posted By: goldey
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 7:16am
How many of his progeny have feet issues , I looked at a nice lot at mm and his hooves I didn't like at all , but the rest of the horse was lovely.

Posted By: Ash
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 12:32pm
I've got a mare in foal to him so hoping for the best. The mare throws very correct foals so hoping for SOL to put some size into the foal. I've heard the thoughts that a lot of SOL's are fizzy but my mare throws sensible, laid back horses so hoping it works.

Posted By: lulu
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 1:35pm
Sounds like a well thought out and compatible mating Ash. Hope you get what you plan for.

-------------
You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2015 at 3:08pm
Best of luck with that mate. 

Posted By: jakelw123
Date Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:27pm
Bought a Filly by him out of Passing By. Very nice type.

Posted By: jakelw123
Date Posted: 09 May 2015 at 5:30pm
Bought a Statue of Liberty filly out of Passing By. Very nice type, he obviously can throw a nice type which is a big asset if they can't gallop.

Date Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 1:19pm
CAN'T REMEMBER G, 2014 {9-f} DP = 9-4-9-0-0 (22) DI = 3.89   CD = 1.00
http://www.pedigreequery.com/statue+of+liberty2" rel="nofollow - STATUE OF LIBERTY  (USA)
dkb/br. 2000
http://www.pedigreequery.com/storm+cat" rel="nofollow - STORM CAT  (USA)
br. 1983
http://www.pedigreequery.com/storm+bird" rel="nofollow - STORM BIRD  (CAN)
b. 1978
http://www.pedigreequery.com/northern+dancer" rel="nofollow - NORTHERN DANCER  (CAN)
b. 1961 [BC]
  http://www.pedigreequery.com/nearctic" rel="nofollow - NEARCTIC  (CAN)br. 1954
http://www.pedigreequery.com/natalma" rel="nofollow - NATALMA  (USA)b. 1957 *
http://www.pedigreequery.com/south+ocean" rel="nofollow - SOUTH OCEAN  (CAN)*
b. 1967
http://www.pedigreequery.com/new+providence" rel="nofollow - NEW PROVIDENCE  (CAN)b. 1956
http://www.pedigreequery.com/shining+sun" rel="nofollow - SHINING SUN  (CAN)b. 1962
http://www.pedigreequery.com/terlingua" rel="nofollow - TERLINGUA  (USA)*
ch. 1976
http://www.pedigreequery.com/secretariat" rel="nofollow - SECRETARIAT  (USA)
ch. 1970 [IC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/bold+ruler" rel="nofollow - BOLD RULER  (USA) dkb/br. 1954 [BI]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/somethingroyal" rel="nofollow - SOMETHINGROYAL  (USA)b. 1952 *
http://www.pedigreequery.com/crimson+saint" rel="nofollow - CRIMSON SAINT  (USA)*
ch. 1969
http://www.pedigreequery.com/crimson+satan" rel="nofollow - CRIMSON SATAN  (USA)ch. 1959
http://www.pedigreequery.com/bolero+rose" rel="nofollow - BOLERO ROSE  (USA)ch. 1958
http://www.pedigreequery.com/charming+lassie" rel="nofollow - CHARMING LASSIE  (USA)
dkb/br. 1987
http://www.pedigreequery.com/seattle+slew" rel="nofollow - SEATTLE SLEW  (USA)
dkb/br. 1974 [BC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/bold+reasoning" rel="nofollow - BOLD REASONING  (USA)
dkb/br. 1968
http://www.pedigreequery.com/boldnesian" rel="nofollow - BOLDNESIAN  (USA)b. 1963
http://www.pedigreequery.com/reason+to+earn" rel="nofollow - REASON TO EARN  (USA)b. 1963
http://www.pedigreequery.com/my+charmer" rel="nofollow - MY CHARMER  (USA)*
b. 1969
http://www.pedigreequery.com/poker" rel="nofollow - POKER  (USA)b. 1963
http://www.pedigreequery.com/fair+charmer" rel="nofollow - FAIR CHARMER  (USA)ch. 1959
http://www.pedigreequery.com/lassie+dear" rel="nofollow - LASSIE DEAR  (USA)*
b. 1974
http://www.pedigreequery.com/buckpasser" rel="nofollow - BUCKPASSER  (USA)
b. 1963 [C]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/tom+fool" rel="nofollow - TOM FOOL  (USA)b. 1949 [IC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/busanda" rel="nofollow - BUSANDA  (USA)blk. 1947 *
http://www.pedigreequery.com/gay+missile" rel="nofollow - GAY MISSILE  (USA)
b. 1967
http://www.pedigreequery.com/sir+gaylord" rel="nofollow - SIR GAYLORD  (USA)br. 1959 [IC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/missy+baba" rel="nofollow - MISSY BABA  (USA) b. 1958 *
http://www.pedigreequery.com/sachariste" rel="nofollow - SACHARISTE  (USA)
dkb/br. 2007
http://www.pedigreequery.com/fusaichi+pegasus" rel="nofollow - FUSAICHI PEGASUS  (USA)
b. 1997
http://www.pedigreequery.com/mr+prospector" rel="nofollow - MR. PROSPECTOR  (USA)
b. 1970 [BC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/raise+a+native" rel="nofollow - RAISE A NATIVE  (USA)
ch. 1961
http://www.pedigreequery.com/native+dancer" rel="nofollow - NATIVE DANCER  (USA)gr. 1950 [IC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/raise+you" rel="nofollow - RAISE YOU  (USA)ch. 1946 *
http://www.pedigreequery.com/gold+digger2" rel="nofollow - GOLD DIGGER  (USA)*
b. 1962
http://www.pedigreequery.com/nashua" rel="nofollow - NASHUA  (USA) b. 1952 [IC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/sequence" rel="nofollow - SEQUENCE  (USA)b. 1946
http://www.pedigreequery.com/angel+fever" rel="nofollow - ANGEL FEVER  (USA)
b. 1990
http://www.pedigreequery.com/danzig" rel="nofollow - DANZIG  (USA)
b. 1977 [IC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/northern+dancer" rel="nofollow - NORTHERN DANCER  (CAN) b. 1961 [BC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/pas+de+nom" rel="nofollow - PAS DE NOM  (USA)br. 1968
http://www.pedigreequery.com/rowdy+angel" rel="nofollow - ROWDY ANGEL  (USA)
b. 1979
http://www.pedigreequery.com/halo" rel="nofollow - HALO  (USA)blk. 1969 [BC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/ramhyde" rel="nofollow - RAMHYDE  (USA)b. 1972
http://www.pedigreequery.com/sacahuista" rel="nofollow - SACAHUISTA  (USA)
b. 1984
http://www.pedigreequery.com/raja+baba" rel="nofollow - RAJA BABA  (USA)
b. 1968
http://www.pedigreequery.com/bold+ruler" rel="nofollow - BOLD RULER  (USA)
dkb/br. 1954 [BI]
  http://www.pedigreequery.com/nasrullah" rel="nofollow - NASRULLAH  (GB)b. 1940
http://www.pedigreequery.com/miss+disco" rel="nofollow - MISS DISCO  (USA)b. 1944 *
http://www.pedigreequery.com/missy+baba" rel="nofollow - MISSY BABA  (USA)*
b. 1958
  http://www.pedigreequery.com/my+babu" rel="nofollow - MY BABU  (FR)b. 1945
http://www.pedigreequery.com/uvira2" rel="nofollow - UVIRA  (GB)b. 1938 *
http://www.pedigreequery.com/nalees+flying+flag" rel="nofollow - NALEES FLYING FLAG  (USA)
b. 1975
http://www.pedigreequery.com/hoist+the+flag" rel="nofollow - HOIST THE FLAG  (USA)
b. 1968 [BI]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/tom+rolfe" rel="nofollow - TOM ROLFE  (USA)b. 1962 [CP]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/wavy+navy" rel="nofollow - WAVY NAVY  (USA)b. 1954 *
http://www.pedigreequery.com/nalee" rel="nofollow - NALEE  (USA)*
b. 1960
http://www.pedigreequery.com/nashua" rel="nofollow - NASHUA  (USA) b. 1952 [IC]
http://www.pedigreequery.com/levee" rel="nofollow - LEVEE  (USA)ch. 1953 *

Bit green, but a nice debut for this guy. A $250k purchase, he is the most expensive SoL ever sold in Aus.

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 6:13pm
Sun sets on Statue Of Liberty's wonderful career
Breednet - Thursday October 4
Statue Of Liberty, a stallion much loved by Victorian breeders, has been retired to live out his days at Sun Stud headquarters at Kerrie in the Macedon Ranges.

Statue Of Liberty

Statue Of Liberty

The proven sire, a brilliant speed source, is perhaps most famously known as the sire of the triple Group 1 winner (and five-time runner up) Hay List.

Originally shuttling from Japan's East Stud on behalf of Syndicate Manager Mr Nakajima to the former Eliza Park, he was a real boost at the time for the Victorian thoroughbred industry.

He stood in Australia for 12 seasons from 2004, albeit with breeding duties at Eliza Park interrupted in 2007 due to travel restrictions brought about by the Equine Influenza crisis.

His first two crops made every post a winner. They included 2009 Magic Millions 3YO Trophy winner Tempest Tost, Group winner Dan Baroness, juvenile stakes winner Elysees, multiple Group winning sprinter Mic Mac and the aforementioned champion sprinter Hay List.

Statue of Liberty was among the top five leading first season sires in Australia in 2008/2009 and was leading such sire in Victoria that racing season.

Mark Lindsay, Senior Sales and Nominations Manager at Sun Stud recalls how thrilled they were to get a stallion of his calibre.

"He was versatile too with Group winners from 1000 metres to 2400 metres and, quite remarkably, ended up with winners in twenty different countries!"

"Despite ending up with a Perth Cup winner like Star Exhibit, he was best known for his sprinters such as Mic Mac and, of course, Hay List who would have ended up with a whole lot more Group Ones except for running into Black Caviar on several occasions."

"He has certainly made a lot of breeders and owners happy over the years and he is also making his presence felt as a broodmare sire, so I'd imagine you'll still be hearing about Statue of Liberty for some time to come."

A son of the legendary Storm Cat, he provided a tremendous outcross for Danehill mares for breeders around the country.

"He has one of the best pedigrees in the Australian Stud Book being out of the Seattle Slew mare Charming Lassie, and a half-brother to the four-time Group One winner Lemon Drop Kid," Lindsay said.

"Charming Lassie is a half-sister to multiple Group winner Weekend Surprise (USA), the dam of Group 1 Breeders' Cup Classic winner and successful sire, A.P. Indy and the Preakness Stakes winner Summer Squall."

In all, Statue of Liberty produced 730 live foals in Australia. His last crop in Victoria included 35 live foals (now yearlings) while in his one (and final) year stint at the former Sun Stud property in Queensland her served 32 mares with those subsequent foals now dropping.

Thoroughbred Breeders Victoria wishes Statue of Liberty all the best in his retirement…no doubt he will be watching the races as he progeny continue to win across Australia in future years.

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: Brudder_A
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 5:52am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Sun sets on Statue Of Liberty's wonderful career
Breednet - Thursday October 4
Statue Of Liberty, a stallion much loved by Victorian breeders, has been retired to live out his days at Sun Stud headquarters at Kerrie in the Macedon Ranges.

"He has one of the best pedigrees in the Australian Stud Book being out of the Seattle Slew mare Charming Lassie, and a half-brother to the four-time Group One winner Lemon Drop Kid," Lindsay said.

Lemon Drop Kid has been pensioned from stallion duties at age 25. He will remain at Lane's End Farm (Kentucky) to enjoy his retirement.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/245564/lemon-drop-kid-pensioned-at-lanes-end" rel="nofollow - https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/245564/lemon-drop-kid-pensioned-at-lanes-end

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 8:59am
Miss Divine Em ran 3rd at Flem. y/day, out of a SOL mare & whilst I've always taken an interest in his stock, many avoided them due to temperament issues.
Summary: 7-3:1:2    Prizemoney: $143,663 

Hay List would have been his best?

Summary: 28-15:6:0    Prizemoney: $2,559,575   

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 3:56pm
And right on cue As I Please by SOL records its second win from as many starts at Warrnambool today.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net