Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Conformation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.
Punters, click here for everything about betting: Villagebet - Community of punters.

photo assessments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:03pm
Nice little fella SC, I like him fwiw.
Sponsored Links

Venus View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 9:35pm
Who is training him?

He reminds me of a horse I bought (but by New Approach) who also had a similar dam line. We gelded him too late, he was very top heavy, and we ended up with knee problems throughout his career. He was talented but unsound. I liked this one at the sales but he made too much for me - good luck with him!
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 6:59am
My first thought upon seeing the picture was, he looks Storm Cat-ty.  Not at all surprised to see that he has both Storm Cat and Gone West on his damside.  The head and neck set that look kind of heavy, etc.

Good luck with him!  
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 8:37am
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

He looks correct and balanced in the overall view, his head looks plane but maybe the photo?, Legs look good. Nice deep girth. Looks strong.

Agree with GAJ, also like his sloping shoulder and big rear end. Very strong all over. Built like a sprinter, look forward to seeing him race fit
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 8:44am
I asked hubby to take a look, and he said “his tail could have been a bit longer” 🙄😁
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 10:54am
Sister Dot tails can ruin an overall impression for sure, I like to imagine it is there LOL

His head does look better in the second photo, Second Chance, did you feel between his jowls? 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 11:18am
Thanks for everyone's input.  Thumbs Up

In answer to comments/questions:

. agree he could get heavy topped and something to keep a close eye on
. is with Robbie Griffiths
. Robbie always does the jowl testas a matter of routine.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 12:13pm
A prominent local trainer has a Dawn Approach 2yo colt, running on Monday at Ballina, He has a very high opinion of him, The colt is a heavy type too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic