Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Conformation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

photo assessments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 9:20am
How could syndicators possibly buy and syndicate this horse? $50,000! At a ready to run sale as a 2yo, when it would be quite obvious what it’d grow into.
to the victor
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 2:14pm
A front on picture probably taken with a mobile phone (what it looks like to me ) is never flattering to any horse, even the best of them, clearly it is out of proportion and not fair to judge it on this.
She wasn't shamed on her first start, not placed but only beaten 1.5L
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 11:57am
to the victor
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 3:26am
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

http://ecat.magicmillions.com.au/viewLot/17GPR/34

https://inglis.com.au/sales/info/2017+Ready+2+Race+Sale/catalogue/106

Sold twice with a loss taken.

Loss all the way down -- if the breeder paid the full stud fee for More than Ready, they didn't recoup enough for the stud fee and mare care for the year she was in utero.

It's not to say she'll never be a useful racehorse -- but I stand by my assessment of putting her in a field to grow and strengthen before trying again.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 7:58am
The side on view in the MM catalogue is a lot better. Massively better.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 11:55am
nice mover, nice stride, really throws out the front legs, quite athletic, average time.

50k for nice breeding, ground work done.

maybe small but if she can run.... 

all ok
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic