Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Conformation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

photo assessments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franb123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 7:34pm

And this yearling filly?
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 1:18pm

Unreserved Tavistock weanling colt out of a Zabeel mare. A cross that works!

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Tuddy7272 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuddy7272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 3:37pm
Bradbury's Luck filly out of the O'Reilly mare Colour Me Pretty. The Redoutes/Last Tycoon cross.This photo was taken in March and she was foaled on 1/9/16 so she was about 6 months old. I am going out to see her on Monday so I will try to take a simillar photo for comparison.

Tuddy7272 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuddy7272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 7:08pm
Try again

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 7:11pm
Appears fine Tuddy and rather better imo than the Tavistock weanling, if only because it appears to have been better reared.

Will look forward to the photo update.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by franb123 franb123 wrote:

And this yearling filly?

Faultless to my eye LOL with a head & eye expression to die for, tho' she won't suffer fools lightly.
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 9:11pm
Yes she is a bit of a looker alright, sprinter - miler maybe, a little more length of rein would be nice, but I'm being picky fwiw.
Lopartega View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:38pm

Fell in love with this yearling so much I bought a share

Charge Forward x Ebony Wand
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:52pm
Best of luck with him Lopartega.  
Lopartega View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:59pm
Thanks Second Chance
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:03pm
This'll piss Gay off but ah well that is me......

reductio ad absurdum

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:09pm
Only if you don't say who its by and who it's dam is.  You just like to dig like my husband.    He also gets a stupid grin when he's doing it.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:10pm
Big smile

reductio ad absurdum

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:10pm
I also like the grey and boy a pedigree doesn't mean much if the people rearing the horse don't do their job - the Tavistock looks like he could murder a good meal.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:33pm
He's very nice but in all honesty I dislike pig fat yearlings & would rather take a chance on the Tavistock, knowing he hasn't been forced & will eventually reach his potential with a higher likelihood of staying sound.
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 5:39pm
Yes I don't like over fat yearlings - though to be truthful they have got better in recent years.  Maybe he just going to be a ewe necked skinny type who can stay all day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic