Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Conformation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

photo assessments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 34>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 1:52pm
I'm going to stick with pedigrees.  It's were I'm trained anyway.  Haven't got your skill or eyes to notice much of the above!  
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:39pm
He is Lot 97 in the MM Perth sale and will be offered soon.  Forwarded my thoughts along with everyone else's to our men in WA but haven't had feedback as they've been very busy at the sale.  Will let you know if we kept hands in pockets which is more than unlikely.  

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Liked the look of this at first sight, however at second glance thought he may have had a particular fault.  Any comments including possible faults would be very much appreciated.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:41pm
...more than likely.Embarrassed
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:42pm
Looks lovely to me
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:51pm
Passed in $30k.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:53pm
I would have liked to see a better photo for lot 90
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 7:57pm
Clearly a better type in real life. 150k
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 8:29pm

Passed in $30k.

He minced around the ring.  Reckon we got it right.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 9:15pm
That's good news SC, Pedigrees are a very good start but the whole picture tells the story at the sales ring.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:51pm
forensics salary 2016

Rubick x Fastnet Rock mare, Love this filly, can’t really fault her. Up for syndication, what do others think of her? $6200 x 10%
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 1:25pm
There is a lot to like about her, she seems in the photo super short coupled? Is this so? May over track in running, just looking at balance, I like to see the positives in conformation, if she had a bit more length to me she have more symmetry. But photos are deceptive sometimes. good luck SD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 1:39pm
Is she Lot 432 from the Classic?

If so her catalog shot is a lot better than the one above where she appears somewhat short in length and rather light of bone.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

There is a lot to like about her, she seems in the photo super short coupled? Is this so? May over track in running, just looking at balance, I like to see the positives in conformation, if she had a bit more length to me she have more symmetry. But photos are deceptive sometimes. good luck SD

I thought shortcoupled was good? Do they hav3 a tendency to over reach?
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 2:18pm
Yes short coupled is good in a lot of horse sports, but if too short she could run on herself if you like!
I have one here that's done just that and so he is out for a few months, he is tall and leggy and short bodied, but hoping as he grows out in body and mind will get the gist on handling his moves LOL
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 2:26pm

Is she Lot 432 from the Classic?

If so her catalog shot is a lot better than the one above where she appears somewhat short in length and rather light of bone.

Yes, dam La Femme Fatale. Just had a good look, not really a winning family on the dams side. Then again, Rubick a new bloodline 😊 This is a younger pic
johni View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:04pm
Hi everyone

Long time lurker, first time poster! Thanks for the insights and back and forth of differing opinions.

I've gone from owing a share in a horse to diving deeper into everything related to the game. Which brings me to this question re this filly.

This filly has upright fetlocks, to what extent:

1. Breeder - are you happy to just to sell the filly, or what impact does this have on your perception on the sale price i.e is it significant

2. Bloodstock/buyer - Is the issue enough to rule a line through her immediately, or if the rest of the package is ok, would it be considered?

3. Animal welfare - Is something like this a horse can overcome? Or would training/racing end in pain for the animal.

Any thoughts or opinions would be welcome.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:20pm
johni, hopefully one of our kinder members will explain how to best post photos on here.

Once successful am sure you'll receive plenty of replies.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:13pm
This should do the trick Johni Smile

https://postimages.org/ is free

Upload from your PC etc.

Copy the Hotlink for forums link

Paste directly into this window

Click Preview to check it worked Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
johni View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 7:29pm
Thanks for the help 2nd and mods!

shell hours near me" border="">

Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 3:33am
If I were looking to buy a performance horse of any type, I would pass on her.  

More concerning than the front feet is that she's back at the knee.  Repeated concussion (from galloping or jumping) is hard on the knee joints, and horses who are back at the knee are more likely to suffer chips or degenerative bone/cartilage problems.  

Have you had her feet checked by a vet + farriery done under veterinary supervision?  Corrective trimming and shoeing can go a long way towards balancing her up, which would improve her prospects as an athlete.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:10am
I totally agree with the previous comment. She’s nice through the top line., though not a lot of natural muscle. Built like a stayer, but back at the knee, combined with upright fetlocks is a real no-no. Not a good breeding proposition either as good chance she’ll pass it on. Light duties for this girl 😕
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:06am
Upright in the pastern would give knee problems in due course, agree with other comments. A nice shoulder lay and rein.
johni View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 3:45pm
Thanks to everyone for your comments, I really appreciate it.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:28pm
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 4:55pm
good story, lucky young lady having those pictures of the great one so close.. such a privilege.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:27pm
Have just knocked back a share in the Deep Field - Oomaroo coltpurchased by Robbie Griffiths at the Premier sale.  Despite there being a lot to like about him.

Too difficult to post his photo here (the oh usually does it) but if you look at the Inglis Premier website results, or the Griffiths Racing website and hit "horses available", you'll be able to view two different photos of him.

Was I right or wrong to pass this time??  Any comments painting me as a genius or a dope would be appreciated.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:50pm
Lot no.?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 5:53pm

Just click Copy Image on the pic then paste here - check preview Wink

Edited by Gay3 - 12 Apr 2019 at 6:07pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 6:06pm
Turned out OF & tied in below the knee? Photo & stance makes it hard tho'.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 6:11pm
Here's what GAJ and I shared:

Previous Private Message --
Sent by : GAJ

Yes it's not something that is fixed easily, our big Domesday mare has those hind hooves/heels and it was disguised in the sale pictures we bought her off! 

-- Previous Private Message --
Sent by : Second Chance
Sent : 12 Apr 2019 at 3:33pm

Pretty close re feet, no heel poor angles n/f looks clubby compared with other feet.  Gay is dynamite on hoofs so hope she responds.  Robbie's website photo is in long grass.  Wonder if that was by design or accident.

Also thought he looked back at the knee.  

-- Previous Private Message --
Sent by : GAJ
Sent : 12 Apr 2019 at 3:05pm

as you say quite nice, looking at his hooves? contracted heels? esp poor on O/S fore, hind hooves angles are irregular.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 34>