Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Peter Gelagotis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peter Gelagotis
    Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 3:30pm
How do you rate him as a trainer?

Malaguerra has continued to improve since he got him.

Illustrious Lad has also kept getting better and has turned him into a G1 prospect.

He also did a great job with Mourinho.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 4:02pm
Great trainer, even better blokeThumbs Up
Winning Run View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winning Run Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 4:19pm
Malaguerra he took from a Group 1 winner to a Group 1 winner. Not sure you can give him the most improved award based on that horse. horse was already on an upward path.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 4:56pm
Like him, think he is a very good horseman , cant cop his brothers hysterics needs to tone it down both on race day and on social media imo.
People might see it as passion but I see it as annoying and self serving
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 4:58pm
Is it him or his brother who is an absolute pork chop?
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Like him, think he is a very good horseman , cant cop his brothers hysterics needs to tone it down both on race day and on social media imo.

Think pretty much the same. The old battlers from the bush bit has worn thin as well.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 5:13pm
The brother certainly seems to possess a fervent need to appear relevant or important in the scheme of things.

Peter has his moments but appears pretty firmly grounded quite besides being talented.

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Be careful . Manny is on TBV
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 5:30pm
We actually have two Manny G's.

And one of them will almost certainly give us a spray.  Big smile
MJM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

We actually have two Manny G's.

And one of them will almost certainly give us a spray.  Big smile

Good blokes , agree manny could tone it down a notch or two but they mean well , PETER is a dead set champion bloke . My only criticism of the stable is I think they need a good form person , to map out race programs and strategies in races .
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Be careful . Manny is on TBV

Cool.

I stand by what i said though, i've heard him called worse.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 7:43pm
fair enough
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 8:20pm
Not sure if a few on here have glowing report cards themselves . Any way , he has an interesting surname , wonder where it derives from?, and it's meaning , think I'll  google it !
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2017 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth Noccy.
'Tryhard' comes to mind for the bro.
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 12:12pm
Great banter boys and we are very happy with the horses we have and the way our horses are going.
Whether you think we can train or whether you think we are good or bad - meet us first and then form an opinion.
My views on racing is the owner and the punter come last - they should be king of the castle in all facets of the sport !
We will let our horses do the talking and I think Peter is a very good horseman ! Interesting views
Malaguerra is a great horse - love him !
Keep serving up the overs please
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 1:08pm
What was the deal with Conformist?

Full brother to Stratum, sold for $850k as a yearling, he was transferred to you guys's stable for a while but didn't fire a shot?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Manny G Manny G wrote:

Great banter boys and we are very happy with the horses we have and the way our horses are going.
Whether you think we can train or whether you think we are good or bad - meet us first and then form an opinion.
My views on racing is the owner and the punter come last - they should be king of the castle in all facets of the sport !
We will let our horses do the talking and I think Peter is a very good horseman ! Interesting views

Keep up the good work with Mal - bloody love him
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 1:29pm
Keep enjoying the overs - its funny to watch ! #puntersparadise
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Manny G Manny G wrote:

Good very nice to hear these sentiments from someone on the other side of the fence Manny G.

Racing does take some things for granted especially the punter and might not expect that at any given time over the years they've  been only one step away from the crowd deciding not to turn up.

Being a Malaguerra fan notwithstanding - what a win that was at the Valley Clap
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:19pm
They have been in the Racing.com Studio all afternoon.

I do hope they never become much more than or much bigger than a boutique stable as he described their situation.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:31pm
Peter Gelagotis Racing Stables
56m ·

MOSS N DALE

OFFICIALLY RETIRED ??????

Big Heart & Congratulations to a superb group of owners - THANK YOU for entrusting me to train this amazing talent .

CAREER SUMMARY -

14 Wins $1,048,430 P/Money
Group 3 Craven Plate Randwick
Flemington
Moonee Valley
Morphetville - Tokyo City Cup
Sandown
Warrnambool Carnival
Sale Cup
Good/Soft/Heavy

Thank you to his jockeys in particular Jack Martin 7 wins
Anthony Darmanin 4 wins.

Special thanks to Wayne Larsen from New Zealand & Lenny Russo who managed him along with anyone else who had a connection with Mossy ??????

May your retirement be safe and thanks for the great memories you certainly were a punters pal and a trainers and owners dream horse ????????

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 11:06pm
Great bunch of blokes the glottis boys! Have done fantastic job with this horse! Good on them.
Manny G View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Manny G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:44am
Sorry never responded to this with Conformist I had a share in him originally and bought the syndicate out and he ran a place then unfortunately lost the plot - he had a bad heart by memory but had serious talent and obviously good looking horse but had a heart issue apart from it probably being a small one as well. Under pressure just gave up with the flutters #chapter65oftheslowhorseclub
 Post Reply Post Reply