Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Payment on live foal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Payment on live foal
    Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 8:09am
How many breeders have decided on a Stallion with Eliza Park this season due to their 'Payment on live foal' policy?

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 8:15am
And Darley. Both booking numbers through the roof.

Other studs will follow suit or lose breeders
Paul Hogan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 8:19am
When they get a couple of really good stallions standing there it will be a bonus but not until then.
Jim
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 9:33am
dont you think Eliza and Darley have one good stallion between them, Hoges ?
dont you like Lonhro for instances, or Fastnet Rock, or any of their boys at all ?Confused
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 9:35am
and sorry ,  but i was thinking about Coolmore  ( and thinking they will probably follow on with that deal too )  when i named F.R.
i dont mind Bel Espirit tho .
animals before people.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 11:02am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

and sorry ,  but i was thinking about Coolmore  ( and thinking they will probably follow on with that deal too )  when i named F.R.

The major reason I chose Darley
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

The major reason I chose Darley

Darley stallions aren't as commercial, it's a lot harder to get your service fee back unless you get given big deals. 

Just one example is Carlton House vs Dundeel 15k vs 25k. 0 Group 1's vs 6. They needed to do this to be at least a little more competitive. Dundeel has won twice as many Group 1's as Carlton House has races. And this isn't the only example, how is Exceed and Excel worth the same as Redoute's when Redoute's has won multiple championships and has better sales results?

These are just my opinions but Darley is extremely overpriced and this is just a way of helping to take some of the downside away.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:23pm
Poet's Voice, Dawn Approach...not expensive on your scale. Agree with the others though.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:23pm
edit Agree with Carlton House vs Dundeel. I am a fan of Dundeel.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:28pm

dont you think Eliza and Darley have one good stallion between them, Hoges ?
dont you like Lonhro for instances, or Fastnet Rock, or any of their boys at all ?Confused

The original MOG Wai post only mentioned eliza park was referring to them only.
Jim
Biggles View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:32pm
Arrowfield have a live foal guarantee for Redoute's Choice this year.
Flying High
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 2:56pm
^ why not for others?
lourdes View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lourdes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 4:23pm
Pay on Live foal has worked well for me
get a healthy live foal and then pay stud fee

For me it was a great insurance with older mares
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Poet's Voice, Dawn Approach...not expensive on your scale. Agree with the others though.

What about Dubai Destination and Kheleyf?
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 8:29pm
What about them?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 9:07pm
Agree,

I am shooting from the hip but Dubai Destination from memory is a average stallion at best.
Jim
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 10:14pm
Just being stupid on a Friday night.  More so Dubai Destination than Kheleyf (G3 winner), came over with similar profile to both those stallions you've mentioned, payment on live foal didn't help as they couldn't run.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 6:03am
Its a fair point to make about the shuttlers. They are unproven until they hit the ground running.

I think Poet's and Dawn map totally different to the two mentioned. Dawn was an outstanding sprinter with a timeform 130+. I believe he will do well in Aus. Poet's a son of Dubawi will be interesting. I believe only he & Makfi are well credentialed sons of Dubawi standing in Aus/NZ and Dubaw has been outstanding.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2014 at 7:25am
Originally posted by MichaelM MichaelM wrote:

Just being stupid on a Friday night.  More so Dubai Destination than Kheleyf (G3 winner), came over with similar profile to both those stallions you've mentioned, payment on live foal didn't help as they couldn't run.

Couple of beers involved maybe?
Jim
Mogwai View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mogwai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Paul Hogan Paul Hogan wrote:

Um....just really wanting to know how many breeders looked at...or booked to an Eliza Park Stallion this year because of the Live Foal Policy?

I booked to a stallion last year under the old policy and come March this year (for Payment) was notified that it was changed to Live Foal Policy! :)

Then my Maiden Mare's foal was born dead last month :( (still getting over it).

But at least I am not out of pocket for the Service Fee which is a small consolation. So now I don't have the financial worry on top of losing a foal and can get on with new breeding plans.

I will definitely be going back to one of their commercial stallions again, when possible.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Mogwai Mogwai wrote:

Originally posted by Paul Hogan Paul Hogan wrote:

Um....just really wanting to know how many breeders looked at...or booked to an Eliza Park Stallion this year because of the Live Foal Policy?

I booked to a stallion last year under the old policy and come March this year (for Payment) was notified that it was changed to Live Foal Policy! :)

Then my Maiden Mare's foal was born dead last month :( (still getting over it).

But at least I am not out of pocket for the Service Fee which is a small consolation. So now I don't have the financial worry on top of losing a foal and can get on with new breeding plans.

I will definitely be going back to one of their commercial stallions again, when possible.

I suppose you will have to as you would of signed a contract with live foal guarantee.
Jim
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:51pm
Hoges, if you read that again, you will see that Mogwai says his mare was sent under the old policy, but they gave him the new policy when they brought it in, which they rpobably didnt have to, as he signed under the old deal, so the point Mog is making is they treated him very fairly.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 5:57pm
Yeah I know not suggesting they didn't.

basically saying he would be contracted to them to have a foal now like it or not.
Jim
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 6:06pm
well what is there not to like about it ?   he gets his mare served and the chance of a nice foal with no 2nd service fee ?  if he was happy to pay to go to that stallion the first year why wouldnt he be happy at a 2nd chance ?  since he didnt sign a contract with a live foal guarantee , in the first place, but got it anyway.
i dont get your reasoning .Confused
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Hogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 6:14pm
I don't think that is correct.

He would of signed contract with a live foal guarantee originally.

Therefore he has to return to the stud even if he didn't want to or he would do his dough.
Jim
Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 6:17pm
Hoges suggest the best way to get out of a deep hole is to stop digging.
honi soit qui mal y pense
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:58pm
Hoges !    READ what he says.Cry
Quote:
I booked a stallion last year under the OLD policy and come March this year i was notified it was changed to live foal policy.
animals before people.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 9:08pm
Good on Eliza for adopting this.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 9:48pm
I went to Eliza this year , live foal payment was a factor , the match up, way more important IMO. That being said , I think that this policy could become an industry standard procedure , it makes sense, and it is a policy that encourages people to go ahead with confidence in the intentions of the supplier.
Mogwai View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mogwai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 9:59pm

Hoges !    READ what he says.Cry
Quote:
I booked a stallion last year under the OLD policy and come March this year i was notified it was changed to live foal policy.

Yep! Spot on Acacia Alba!
I rang them in March as that was the date on my contract and I was wondering where my invoice was so I could pay the service fee. I like to pay all my bills on time.

That's when I was told don't worry we didn't send you one as we have changed your policy to paymnt on live foal only! I was smiling after that phone call.

Then a week before her due date I receive an invoice to pay on Live Foal only!!

Called them a week after the foal was born dead, and they said it was all sorted. No payment required! BONUS! And one very happy girl!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic