Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pacquiao v Horn JULY 2 , Brisbane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:07pm
Croca;-        Announcement recent times the US and OZ are going to clean up ISIS in the South of the Philippines. ( ground troops mentioned ) .
    Manny is a Politician and probably security is a real factor.
Crowds like this are a big concern anyway.
Appears the issue has been denied by Police but I would think security will be a big factor .     60,000 is a lot of people .
   This is a big day for Brisbane. & OZ ,     estimated to a billion viewers.
   Hopefully our boy can rise to be competitive and encourage more comparable, worldwide events being staged here .
We should be
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 8:53pm
Thanks mate.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:05pm
At a pre fight luncheon today, pac turned up for less than a minute.

its not a typical pre fight thing, but horn did his bit...manny not so much.
Flamethrower View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:23am
Speaking to fellow combat sport enthusiasts today, they all seem to think Horn is a joke, has a dicey chin and will do well to hang in there for 12. Majority of opinions centre around the fight going the distance in Pacs favour.

Hornet's open workout session in Brissie left alot to be desired. He looked amateurish on the jump rope, sloppy hitting the mitts and generally ponderous. Who cares about all that though, he should knock Pac out !

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 1:32am
Originally posted by Flamethrower Flamethrower wrote:

Speaking to fellow combat sport enthusiasts today, they all seem to think Horn is a joke, has a dicey chin and will do well to hang in there for 12. Majority of opinions centre around the fight going the distance in Pacs favour.

Hornet's open workout session in Brissie left alot to be desired. He looked amateurish on the jump rope, sloppy hitting the mitts and generally ponderous. Who cares about all that though, he should knock Pac out !

I would love to see you correct, but we are asking for miracles.
Your fellow enthusiasts are on the ball .
Horne is sloppy, and as stated, a basic in boxing is not to lead carelessly with your right ( from an orthodox stance )Visa versa for the southpaw stance ) , results in being very much off balance and very open to the big one over the top ,
   Horne has been caught out regularly doing that in recent contests.

BUT, we must remember Muhammad Ali stared 10/1 when he won his first Title shot against Sonny Liston & was the outsider in the rematch.
        Give our boy strength.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Flamethrower Flamethrower wrote:

glen rushton hold pads like a first timer. terrible.

he isnt from a boxing background...it shows.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:37am
The fox mainevent commentary team is ben damon (for interviews) and the two commentators are

colonel bob sheridan

and....gerard whatley!!!

whatley!??!!!??
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 11:39am
C' Clueless :-   Glen Rushton hold pads like a first timer. terrible.

he isn't from a boxing background...it shows.          > QUOTE

Having only 1 sparring partner and a few other statements amazed me .     > How does he expect solid workouts over long rounds from one.
    Both are very fit looking contestants and we can only hope the contest doesn't disappoint.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:03pm
Saw Rose and Famecheon fight, the class difference between those two and Horn is as wide as Sydney Heads , Macca' right Winx even weights in a welter, no bet, realistically should be over in 4-6 , unless I think of La Motta and the old flip flop.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:06pm
Stinking game that has lost any credibility it ever had. I'm amazed they can get people to pay the bucks to see it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Stinking game that has lost any credibility it ever had. I'm amazed they can get people to pay the bucks to see it.

It is really a dream promotion from Australia.
Who would have ever thought we would ever stage a boxing contest that would attract up to a billion viewers.

Top marks for all concerned if it is a success.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

It is really a dream promotion from Australia.
Who would have ever thought we would ever stage a boxing contest that would attract up to a billion viewers.

Top marks for all concerned if it is a success.

I'm just picking hole's when I know I should'nt be mate.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:05pm
Croca ....      Go for it ..       Puts some life into TBV before Rigor - mortis sets in.

I think You me and old Manewer would beat both of them.

You could throw in Whale & Sub too.     They haven't had time to train with their studies for The higher standard of English required for their citizenship applications.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:28pm
I'm not too sure how "one punch can kill" campaigns fit with enthusiastic govt promotion of a boxing match. I'd leave the pollies to explain that.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:00pm

I'm not too sure how "one punch can kill" campaigns fit with enthusiastic govt promotion of a boxing match. I'd leave the pollies to explain that.

Mountain of a difference between two fit and skilful body-contact sporting contestants in a sporting ring applying their trade than the "one punch can kill" coward attack on an un suspecting victim in a street somewhere.
Health issues may well be present in some cases for a start.

Boxing has safety measures in place ( not always adhered to satisfactorily ) to minimise risk of serious injury.

Many many moons ago I did participate in these sports at the bottom of the skill scale , I found Rugby League the most brutal , way back then and it is tougher now.

Bluntly ,   a boxer is asking to be hit , he is intending to hit .
Stiff cackles if he comes off second best . He is not a victim.
    The defenceless unfortunate in the Street is very much so.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:07pm
Fitness does not help when the brain cage is rattled. I see boxing as much more "civilized" than cage fighting, which in another age would have been banned, if only because it normalises violence with few rules.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:20pm

Fitness does not help when the brain cage is rattled. I see boxing as much more "civilized" than cage fighting, which in another age would have been banned, if only because it normalises violence with few rules.

SADLY violence is a part of most life cycles.

Rest assured , when you sit down to lamb chops tonight , They weren't volunteered for your use by the lamb.      It met a violent end.

.   You bring the worst out of me Max.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:28pm
The " sweet science" of boxing MM is what I like, not a couple of palooka's belting each other.
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 6:29pm
Manny is being plainly arrogant now, barely lasting a minute at the final presser. We can only hope that Horn does the business and knocks Pac into next week.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:08pm
Aha, a Flamethrower post.

So almost needless to say Horn's the white anglo-saxon guy.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:23pm
we are displaying our ignorance in reality but no good of being "know alls" if we don't stand up to be counted.

I'M BOOKING THE FIGHT to watch so will come on here at intervals between rounds with a " no FN idea " on how it's progressing ,     for anyone who isn't going to waste $60.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:24pm

Rest assured , when you sit down to lamb chops tonight , They weren't volunteered for your use by the lamb.      It met a violent end.

I always thought a "killer" sheep was a ram bent on mayhem ?
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamethrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:24pm
I think it's more like this, supporting an AUSSIE.

If you don't like it, i'll pay for your ticket to Iran. 

SMBC.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

The " sweet science" of boxing MM is what I like, not a couple of palooka's belting each other.

I can cop boxing, but the cage fighters....
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:29pm

I always thought a "killer" sheep was a ram bent on mayhem ?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:35pm
"Shear" lunacy !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:36pm
LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:41pm

we are displaying our ignorance in reality but no good of being "know alls" if we don't stand up to be counted.

I'M BOOKING THE FIGHT to watch so will come on here at intervals between rounds with a " no FN idea " on how it's progressing ,     for anyone who isn't going to waste $60.

We will hang on every word of your summary of each round. Hopefully more than one round !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:45pm
Have a great time Macca, and hope your ticker holds up ok.  Thumbs Up
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 8:38pm

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

I can cop boxing, but the cage fighters....

With you there Max, don't watch it at all either, too sadistic for me fwiw.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>