Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pacquiao v Horn JULY 2 , Brisbane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

Whale,

I was very close to the action!

You are always going to get critics in a very closely fought encounter.

Horn deservedly won the fight on points, an extremely close contest.

I believe Horn won 6 rounds, Pacquiao 5 rounds with one too close to call. (Could have gone either way).

The one thing I do dispute is the 117-111 points decision of the female judge "Roldan"!

I, like the other two judges, thought it was a 2 point decision to Horn 115-113! Also, the American judge from Arizona gave it to Horn!

Have a look at the fight again which I have seen live and replayed back twice now & make up your own mind.

There will always be opinions and conjecture however the judges got it right this time imo!

Very, very close but the correct decision!

http://boxingvideo.org/manny-pacquiao-vs-jeff-horn-full-fight-replay/

Have a read of the round to round description:-

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing/live-jeff-horn-vs-manny-pacquiao-at-suncorp-stadium-brisbane/news-story/8750fb3a5d07ca80a6ba2fa9e11c9557

WBO title fight still goes to Horn 7 rounds to Pacquaio's 5! That's how I saw it as well

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-11/jeff-horns-victory-the-correct-decision-wbo-review-confirms/8696232
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 3:01pm
All lip service from the wbo.

if suncorp is ruled out for the rematch, it throws a big spanner in the works. will the qld govt and tourism agency still be willing to subsidies a rematch if it isnt in a 50k seat stadium but in a 15k seat one? it opens the door for other states to bid for the fight.

thats if their even is a rematch. have to wait and see whats next... arum /duco may take horn to the usa and fight a local guy there.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

You wish Whale .
The 22 would be inches round her ankle.

But take note of a wise old man.

All are beautiful with the light OUT or a burka ON

No Macca, is 22 years , I have the papers

Image result for 22 yr old mare
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 4:50pm
   Whale    Luv Your Whorse.
----------------

Rosscoe :- Agree with you but the respected Johnny Lewis also scored it Horn by 4
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 9:55pm
They are worried about weather at Suncorp in December I believe. Will be like a 1pm start again and if you happen to strike a stinking hot day it wouldn't be great.

Would love to see it at Etihad Stadium with roof closed... If it goes ahead
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 9:58pm
Anastacia Palasczuk won't like the idea of it going interstate.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 10:12pm
if no suncorp, then i cant see how it stays in brissy. horn is guaranteed $2 mill (up from 500k) for the rematch (plus upside) and manny will get his lions share again. duco need a big live gate to cover costs and purses. if they did do brissy in a 15k seat stadium...the ticket prices would have to be ridiculous to cover costs. cant see that working.

again...no guarantees of what manny wants to do anyway. Horn may end up fighting in the usa against someone else.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:14am
How much did you pay for your tickets?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:24am
The return may be pay TV in the USA.

Has had enough coverage for it to be big.

Manny won't be any hero this time .     This is the third time his camp has had egg on it's face over disputed decisions.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:25am
Manny will knock him out then retire
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:33am

The return may be pay TV in the USA.

Has had enough coverage for it to be big.

Manny won't be any hero this time .     This is the third time his camp has had egg on it's face over disputed decisions.

maybe, but toprank have a deal with espn now...more likely horn stays on espn.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 9:40am
You would have to think there is more than meets the eye in the USA promoter to be taking Horn over there in a rush for awards tonight.
They like his aggressive style ,   a long time since the Marvin Hagler / Leonard/Hearn/Duran era, entertained them.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Manny will knock him out then retire

You hope, hey ?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 11:11am

You would have to think there is more than meets the eye in the USA promoter to be taking Horn over there in a rush for awards tonight.
They like his aggressive style ,   a long time since the Marvin Hagler / Leonard/Hearn/Duran era, entertained them.

There's a great quartet that you put together Macca, and as patriotic as I am he would'nt hold a candle to that lot imo, if he does go over something sinister may be waiting, my reason being ...I have no faith in promoters and there may be a dark horse they have lined up to take this kid apart, I hope I'm wrong as can be one this one.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 11:18am
Horen should stick to clapped out over the hill opponents until he's paid off his mortgage and bought a new car.Wink
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Horen should stick to clapped out over the hill opponents until he's paid off his mortgage and bought a new car.Wink

Has already bought the car Tlaz..
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

There's a great quartet that you put together Macca, and as patriotic as I am he would'nt hold a candle to that lot imo, if he does go over something sinister may be waiting, my reason being ...I have no faith in promoters and there may be a dark horse they have lined up to take this kid apart, I hope I'm wrong as can be one this one.

NO . He will draw the crowds there and get an award tonight.

He's a bit light for their ( Hagler )division but he does shape up with a similar style of aggression .    The fans love the action.
He will improve big time now he's getting experience in better class .
With his brawling style these continued head clashes are a worry.
He gets off balance often and his defence is = head low and get in close.
Usually he comes off the worst for it and has had eye cuts in his most recent 4 bouts.      ( he has won 2 for being in front on the scorecard at the time the ref deemed his eye cuts bad /stop the fight ) after round 4.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2017 at 3:55pm
He will draw the crowds alright Macca, for one main reason, they like to see blood, he's vulnerable to eye cuts and balance along with head carriage are not a good threesome imo, but I respect your opinion fwiw,...btw did you ever see Ralph Dupas or Freddie Little fight , just asking.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2017 at 10:21pm
By Alexis Daisch
Boxer Jeff Horn has gone from Brisbane schoolteacher to international celebrity, enjoying his newfound fame on the red carpet of the ESPY Awards in Los Angeles today.

He and his high school sweetheart wife Jo walked the carpet at world's sporting night of nights, days after Horn beat Manny Pacquiao in the 'Battle of Brisbane' at Suncorp Stadium on July 2.

Earlier today, Horn entered a room full of boxing enthusiasts and American reporters at the InterContinental in Downtown Los Angeles.

He was smiling and looked a lot less bruised and battered than the Jeff in Brisbane who'd just taken the world title.
I'd arranged to meet him for an interview before he had to get suited up for the ESPYs.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/07/13/14/26/the-us-welcome-jeff-horn-wasnt-expecting.

Unlike most, he didn't bring a publicist or a minder with him – just his wife. She was up in the hotel room, still sleeping off the jet lag. We spoke for five minutes or so and it was all pretty relaxed because he didn't have any other interviews lined up.

Or so I thought.

Related Articles
•WBO reviews Horn v Pacquiao title fight result
•Jeff Horn’s future fortune lies overseas after shock win over Manny Pacquiao
•Phil Wilmington: Jeff Horn showed the world it's okay to dream big

After turning the microphone off, I turned around and there was a queue of journalists waiting their turn. I tried to hide my surprise, but Jeff and I were on the same page.
"I wasn't expecting this!" he said.

And that was the last I spoke to him for hours - he was bombarded.
Between all the interviews, he had promoters and high rollers from the boxing world coming to shake his hand - "congratulations!", "people who don't even like boxing were talking about it!" were among the words I heard said to the humble schoolteacher.

"The one person who knew who Jeff Horn was, was me!" said Bob Arum, America's version of the big-time Aussie promoter Max Markson.

He's a boxing ringmaster who is now peddling Horn in the States, big time.

"He's very tough, he's very determined, he has a good chin.... he's only going to get better!" Arum said.

Horn wants to fight Mayweather, he tells me. Arum says that's not going to happen.
Granted, he is now a world champion. But I still didn't think he'd be a HUGE deal here. How very wrong I was.

TV ratings skyrocketed when his fight against Pacquiao aired in American homes and bars.

More than 15 million people watched.

"Mayweather is finished," he said. That's of course after he fights Irish UFC champ Conor McGregor in August.

Horn is a great bloke. He realises his success and he understands that his latest win has the potential to propel his career in a positive direction on the world stage.

But it doesn't appear to have changed him in the slightest.

The most exciting thing in his life at the moment, he says, is the baby on the way with Jo – she will give birth to their first child later in the year.

And even though he's loving the whirlwind celebrity treatment, he's a bit disappointed about the timing of his trip to LA. He missed the Origin game.

You won't take the Queenslander out of him

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 10:52am
Good story Macca, a lot better than the stoopid lol question I asked , I seem to drift off topic at times, maybe I need one of those telegraphic lugging poles they use on trotters.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:08pm

Good story Macca, a lot better than the stoopid lol question I asked , I seem to drift off topic at times, maybe I need one of those telegraphic lugging poles they use on trotters.

You weren't wrong about blood & off balance but it appears that is his style.
Vert aggressive , active brawler type and will always take a fair few in wearing them down.    He hadn't been more than a few rounds in most bouts so will improve now he's shown he gets the 3200m.
He is quick and I think the USA promoters see he will be a real drawcard .
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:21pm
Croca ... I forgot ...    Saw most of them on TV -- or You Tube over
the years ..     Followed the sport closely in the days of Sydney Stadium Mondays --- Leichardt Thursdays and later in the clubs.
Has died since due to the corruption creeping in.
Horn will revitalise interest as Jeff Fenech did.
Masters of the art years ago ,   Ali of course , Sugar Ray Robinson Marvellous Marvin Haggler , Freddie Dawson .
We have had some good ones too ..     Patrick , Tommy Burns , Dave Sands , Carruthers , Trevor King , Fenech , Lionel Rose , Pat Ford etc..    Horn has now become our biggest name ever .. a quick rise.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 12:33pm
young griffo is oz best ever.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Loved Barnes Cabo,...that is when he was trying.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 1:30pm
Poor old Les Darcy missed a Guernsey, above. And, no, the yanks didn't kill him, but the lack of antibiotics in his era, did.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Poor old Les Darcy missed a Guernsey, above. And, no, the yanks didn't kill him, but the lack of antibiotics in his era, did.

Missed, but not forgotten mate,..only one Les Darcy.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 3:44pm
Manny Pacquio spits the dummy .      NO rematch.

What a low life ,   If he has Political duties , he knew that 2 months ago .       Why hold Horn up from making other arrangements until his 60 day option run out ..
Horn should refuse to fight him again now .      There is easier fish in the bowl.
I hope the Qld Government haven't committed too much to book SUncorp Stadium .       Another opponent won't draw the crowd.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 4:01pm
He may still fight him next year should horn beat whoever they get for him - maybe jesse vargas who lost his title to pacquiao. he is a toprank fighter so it makes sense for arum to keep it in house.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 4:36pm

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Loved Barnes Cabo,...that is when he was trying.

do you remember ray "mustard" coleman? my old man tells me one time, the cops picked him up blind as a bat the night before a title fight. legless he was. they took him home tried to help sober him up. He was a notorious drunk but a damn goid fighter apparently.

he fought the next night and went 15 rds (i'l have to find out who the opponent was)

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 5:22pm
Trevor King,Elley Bennett(twice), Danny Hirsch, Ken Wenman and Alfie Webster were his 6 x 15 round fights from 103 bouts 52 wins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>