Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Overshare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Overshare
    Posted: 16 May 2019 at 11:04pm
Any thoughts on this stallion.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:02am
Never heard of him ?  Where is he  and whast his breeding and record ???
animals before people.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:41am
https://www.spendthrift.com.au/stallions/overshare/

Nice enough horse but I can't cop him at the $11K. Group 3 performer at best, from a pedigree that has little relevance in Australia. Thought his fee should be comparable to Gold Standard/Hampton Court at the $5.5K.

Like Santos, these studmasters think they can put up moderate horses at exorbitant fees merely because they are sons of Vinny.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:23pm
Thanks Robbo.  Another Spendthrift "bargain " .   Nice looking and being by IAV is a plus, but a bit pricey overall maybe ?
Now watch him come out and go well.LOL I hope he does.
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:07pm
I like him a lot.

I understand what Robbo says about a pedigree that has little relevance in Australia but that only applies to the bottom quarter. The mares page

The top is very close in linebreeding with the great Canny Lad giving all that lovely Bletchingly blood.

His dam is by Redouttes  as well.... a grandson of canny Lad ( I think)
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:22pm
Hello,
when I went back the damline of "Overshare" I saw a very familkiar Name.

It's a damline, which is established in Germany, the foundationmare is 'Prompt Payment' (by Rockfella) and further back to Plucky Liege, her daughter 'Noor Jahan' is a FS of Sir Gallahad/Bull Dog. From the German branch are Protektor (by Acatenango), a very though racehorse (raced until 9 Years old, good Sire), Panthere (by Acatenango) and more recently 'Poldi's Liebling' (by Tai Chi). Interestingly to the same "Family" belongs Sanctus (see Miesque and her offspring)

Other descents of abovementioned broodmare are to find in France, England, U.S and Japan, see Gothenberg, Chief Singer, Winged Love, Pleasantly Perfect, Gipsy River, Distant View, Cherir, Cesario, Fidelity etc. According my notes "Mother Mary" (by Lyphard) was sent to NZ.

regards, Ticino
gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 12:27am
I like him a lot as well. He is not the right price. Hopefully we can all get him much cheaper. Anyone dealt with Spendthrift?
gonski gonski View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:52pm
Thanks Ticino. Very informative.
 Post Reply Post Reply