Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Oscietra

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscietra
    Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 9:37pm
A decision on who trains the first foal of Black Caviar is set to be made in the coming fortnight, with the champion galloper's co-owner Neil Werrett confirming Oscietra will be trained in Victoria.

The Exceed And Excel filly, now two, has been in pre-training, and Werrett said there is potential fans will see the first progeny of the unbeaten mare at the track in 2016.

"We now have to, in the next two weeks, appoint a trainer," Werrett told Racing.com's Racing Ahead on RSN 927.

"She's been doing pre-training.

"It'll be a Victorian-based trainer; she'll be trained there - as will the [Sebring] colt.

"She could [race this year].

"She's about 16 hands. The whole progeny take a while to mature.

"We've definitely been looking after her to make sure she's educated well.

"She's put on 40kg in the last four months, and most of what she's put on is all muscle.

"I think whoever gets her will be happy to have her in the stable."
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 9:57pm
My guess Ciaron Maher and I have him at Black Caviar odds to do so.

reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:35pm
She now has 3 foals. I am calling bulldust on 1 racing in 2016. It's September and it doesn't have a trainer and we are expected to believe it will be racing soon??
JimmyUK View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

She now has 3 foals. I am calling bulldust on 1 racing in 2016. It's September and it doesn't have a trainer and we are expected to believe it will be racing soon??

Mate wheres your positivity?

I'm not going to ask you about a hypothetical match race between Oscietra and Pakistan Star....
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Been educated and pre-trained elsewhere, No reason it can not be ready for November December baring bad luck. 
reductio ad absurdum
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 10:59pm
I'll bet on a "minor injury" that leads to a retirement prior to hitting the track
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 11:11pm
This girl hardly needs to perform, given her ancestry, so they'll probably give her a decent try. 
Mayor
rohanb View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohanb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:05am
I'll go with Mick Price or Moody as a dark horse
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:51am
Werret has a few with Waller, so my guess is CJW
This space has been intentionally left blank
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 8:52am
Yes I know he said trained in Vic, Waller does have a stable here
This space has been intentionally left blank
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2016 at 9:32am
I think Tom Dab will get her but would love to see her go to Moody
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Kingy Kingy wrote:

I think Tom Dab will get her but would love to see her go to Moody

Seems you were right.

reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2016 at 2:58pm
Will have her first jump out at Flemington on Friday December 2
David Hayes very happy with how she is going at home and she may race around Christmas time
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 6:24am
It was only an early morning jump-out at Flemington but the initial signs are positive for Black Caviar's first foal Oscietra.

The two-year-old daughter of the legendary mare and prolific sire Exceed And Excel showed good pace to lead and was never headed in the five-horse 800m heat.

Oscietra's owners were on track to witness the first milestone in her racing career and were understandably delighted with the performance.

It is understood the filly will have another jump-out next week ahead of a possible debut on New Year's Day at Flemington.

*Vision of this morning's trial will be added to this article when it becomes available.
Punters.com.au
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:01am
Looked a bit rehearsed to my eyes.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:09am
David Hayes & rehearsed trials......Surely not.
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:24am
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

David Hayes & rehearsed trials......Surely not.

Hahahhahahahaha yes well......lol
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:38am
49.94 is not an overly quick time for Flemington jump outs .
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:41am
Looked alright to me. Has a maiden in her. Will probably be a late 3yo anyway
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:52am
She's got unfair expectations on her but I wish them all the best with her .
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 9:37am
Similar action on her but looks about 1/4 size of her ma
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 10:09am
Were the other jockeys riding to instructions ...?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 11:20am
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

She is TINY! In the video on racing.com the other day she is in a 4'9 rug, so she would be all of about 14hh I reckon!! An average 2yo is usually wearing rugs of 5'9-6'3
Sheera View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

She is TINY! In the video on racing.com the other day she is in a 4'9 rug, so she would be all of about 14hh I reckon!! An average 2yo is usually wearing rugs of 5'9-6'3

4''9 New Zealand = 6''3 Australian, I would say it's a NZ rug. 
GO SHIRA
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Sheera Sheera wrote:

Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

4''9 New Zealand = 6''3 Australian, I would say it's a NZ rug. 
Would hope so!! It was a canvas unlined combo. So possible.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 3:40pm
I was surprised this was not live on racing.com

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 3:42pm

Would Winx have beaten Oscietra in the jump out?

Should make for a nice afternoon of debate Big smile.

There are already pages of Winks threads Disapprove

Edited by Gay3 - 09 Dec 2016 at 4:15pm
Sunline...simply supreme
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 3:43pm

whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 3:52pm
They would have hired a marquee, offshore press, issued 40 press releases and have had make up and stylists on call.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 3:53pm
As Nocturnal suggested the time was quite slow, even for a 95% fit unraced 2yo.  But then again she wasn't asked to do much at all in the trial.

So logic suggests "inconclusive" .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>