Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Oscar/ Grammy Awards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 12:25pm
How many of those on show this year stated they would move out of the US if Trump was elected ?  And how many actually have ???Wacko   But then, it was a lot of new faces with just a few of the old originals appearing.  They come and go so quick, most of them. 
animals before people.
Sponsored Links

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

How many of those on show this year stated they would move out of the US if Trump was elected ?  And how many actually have ???Wacko   But then, it was a lot of new faces with just a few of the old originals appearing.  They come and go so quick, most of them. 

That “leaving the country” nonsense was laughable. Why would you abandon your country simply because you didn’t like a duly elected leader? Leaders don’t have the ability to significantly change a country (well not in western democracies anyway) so the reality is that you will likely not notice any difference. I certainly haven’t abandoned plans to visit the place that’s for sure. Counting down the days as we speak!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 1:02pm
Where do you go this time ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 1:05pm

Alberta & British Columbia bookended by NYC, Vegas & LA. End of the year/Jan.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 1:48pm
The other night at the concert for Fire Fight Australia the comedian ,who I have never heard until she raised millions for bush fire aid, had on a T shirt blaming Scott Morrison for something or another, then KD Lang went on about something about insects that perished in the bush fires.

What is it about entertainers, not only here in OZ, but in Hollywood, whose skill sets are acting, singing or cracking jokes, that enables them to offer advice on climate change, politics, veganism or whatever comes to their minds etc, when most likely none went beyond high school and whose knowledge on those subjects are limited by their limited education.

They must have tickets on themselves but because they have audiences , in the case of the Academy awards, millions, they must believe they can be "influencers". If they wish to vote A or B that is their choice, or believe in climate change or are vegans, good luck to them, but do not force it down my throat thank you very much.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:17pm
The one I clearly recall as moving if Don got in was Meryl Street?Streep ???  Confused  She seems to have gone quite this year ?
Seriously, you must be nuts if you let these people influence you on daily life .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Sounds great.  Only place I give a miss is LA.  I was there years ago when it was nice and quiet, by today,s standards, too big now.  The airport is a nightmare.  Cry Same with NY.  Was fun when young . 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 3:37pm

Sounds great.  Only place I give a miss is LA.  I was there years ago when it was nice and quiet, by today,s standards, too big now.  The airport is a nightmare.  Cry Same with NY.  Was fun when young . 

Agree with LA. Basically a dump IMO. The best part of LA is the Qantas lounge in LAX.
To be fair the airport has improved lengths in recent years. They have tunnels connecting most of the terminals now which makes it much easier to transit. Still hit and miss with inbound immigration though. Could be through in minutes could be through in hours. Pot luck.
I’m just there to fly out. Will go to Disneyland all day then depart late that night.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 4:37pm

Escaping the awful Australian summer - smart.
"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 1 minutes ago at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

The other night at the concert for Fire Fight Australia the comedian ,who I have never heard until she raised millions for bush fire aid, had on a T shirt blaming Scott Morrison for something or another, then KD Lang went on about something about insects that perished in the bush fires.

What is it about entertainers, not only here in OZ, but in Hollywood, whose skill sets are acting, singing or cracking jokes, that enables them to offer advice on climate change, politics, veganism or whatever comes to their minds etc, when most likely none went beyond high school and whose knowledge on those subjects are limited by their limited education.

They must have tickets on themselves but because they have audiences , in the case of the Academy awards, millions, they must believe they can be "influencers". If they wish to vote A or B that is their choice, or believe in climate change or are vegans, good luck to them, but do not force it down my throat thank you very much.

and your opinion is worth more, because??????? (strange people on planet TBV, who think someone cares about THEIR opinion...)Wacko
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 59 minutes ago at 10:12pm
We are just like all the Hollywood "stars" and the famous music people really, arnt we ? Star Their opinion amounts to a hill of beans, and so does ours .   LOL
You know what they say about opinions,,,,,,,,LOL
However, we are all entitled to them as long as they dont hurt others I suppose. 

animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic