Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

One to follow for the pedigree enthusiasts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One to follow for the pedigree enthusiasts
    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 6:40am
My top filly pick, out of Book 1 at Karaka is heading to Australia --bought by Mackybe Racing and Breeding for $60k.  Lot 314 Charm Spirit x Positive Dream. 

If you are into line breeding there is a lot of interesting aspects to her pedigree (not just the double up of Eljazzi). 

I am not sure why but Charm Spirit seems to be "out of fashion" this year. Maybe they are taking longer to mature than first thought, which would not surprise me with Montjeu as damsire. I think most people ignore the influence of the damsire in a stallion, at their peril.

Ignore the terrible photo Windsor Park have of her on the NZB website. In the ring she looked like a totally different horse. ( in fact I'd say WP desperately needs a new photographer for their yearlings.)

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:07am
Interesting Breeder.

Breeding the mare to Charm Spirit would appear a "no brainer".  Pity she hasn't yet done enough to warrant a trip over to Oz for a Pride of Dubai cover.
Breeder View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 8:35am
The mare was owned by Qatar Bloodstock and was sold in foal to Charm Spirit last May for $22k to an Auckland buyer. I note her first foal was by All Too Hard (so linebred to Rolls) and had its first race in Victoria this month --called Lucid Dreamer.
 The brother to the filly sold yesterday is with Stephen Marsh and has had a couple of trials in November.
 I would expect them to be better as 3 years olds.

Breeder View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 5:14pm
Second Chance
 I see that Lot 33 in Inglis Easter Sale today is a Pride of Dubai filly out of Got to be a Dream, a full sister to Positive Dream. She passed with a reserve of $60K so obviously not the best type for some reason.
But it will be interesting to follow both fillies.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 6:25pm
Thanks Breeder, I missed that one.Will certainly follow both also.
 Post Reply Post Reply