Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Omei Sword

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:49pm
Not for me tomorrow, but nice price secured.

Not sure barrier 1 the place for her tomorrow, she could be well back and pinned, but at least she has a quality jock aboard.

Her bleed and subsequent reports of keeping her to sprints, seems as though they looking to manufacture a new racing profile for her, as opposed to racing her as per her breeding suggests.

I think she creates some value in the market and I think I'd prefer to take the match fit Boss Lane & the ever reliable Deploy EW.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:40pm
The sprints is a reflection of the way they need to train a bleeder. Less track work, kept fresh etc. Makes it hard to get them over ground.
Sunline...simply supreme
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:53pm
Lasix will help, and I don't mean that facetiously. Pretty sure Waller said on one is recent interviews that he expects she's a G1 winner in waiting. 
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:14pm
Am on at $3.60 TAB 

Her first up run in the Surround last prep is flashing lights for this

No heavy track this time she can really rattle home 

She's good enough 
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:43pm
Well there go a few key dangers with the scratchings of Boss Lane and Daysee Doom!
Sunline...simply supreme
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:47pm
Yeah I agree that they prob need to go this way with her now, due to the bleeding. Sure their hand has been forced and they need to go down this path to keep her racing, but I just don't think it will be a success for her.

And I find this a massive shame as I had big wraps on her myself. As she matured it would have been intriguing to see her cover some ground, esp with her electric turn of foot, finishing off. But this obviously can't / won't happen.

Anyway, I hope to be proven wrong, cause she is a proper talent.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 8:56pm
Zero interest in it from me till she shows she's come up this prep
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:06pm
With respect bleeding issues imo, irrespective of treatment, are best managed with longer less immediately stressful work in training rather than the reverse.  And there's no reason to suggest reformed bleeders can't get over a distance if trained that way.

Rather it's wind issues that more frequently dictate that such sufferers need run over shorter distances.

But over to others.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 9:36pm
I'm fairly sure it was this mare that Waller said early last prep or this time last year, was very delicate & needed bigger gaps between runs, however I think he was talking about tying up issues.
May've been a different  filly but also could've been her but with haemo issues rather than tying up Confused damn my dreadful memory & him having so many group class fillies to befuddle me LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I'm fairly sure it was this mare that Waller said early last prep or this time last year, was very delicate & needed bigger gaps between runs, however I think he was talking about tying up issues.
May've been a different  filly but also could've been her but with haemo issues rather than tying up Confused damn my dreadful memory & him having so many group class fillies to befuddle me LOL

Pretty certain your right about the " tying up" quote, I'm sure I read it too fwiw.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 1:07pm
Hearing very fresh for this - will be interesting to see where she sits class wise.

Outside of 2nd to Astern - has not looked G1 level.  At the current price - providing nice overs for the likes of Spectoscope
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 6:31pm
Jury's still out after that. Almost fell out of the barriers, hit a flat spot in the straight but was good late. Track record, so while they hoped for better, doubt they'll be too unhappy with the run. Has hindquarters like the champ, just needs to get the chance to use them.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 7:07pm
Terrible trainer - can't even teach them to jump out of the barriers!Cry
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Terrible trainer - can't even teach them to jump out of the barriers!Cry

agreed DR E, give it to a real trainer in gai an bolts, number 1 in fast out of the gate or money back Tongue
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 9:12pm
Randwick R5 Gold Standard badly missed the start & should've won - Gai trained Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 10:36pm
Yes jury is out, but it's becoming a theme with this mare unfortunately. Once the day started to play out and she was going to be disadvantaged out the back, I saved on Deploy for my stake back but she wasn't winning even without the leader domination of the day. Knuckled out of the barriers and her race was over right there.

Problem is they will put her up short again and you'll never get value to see if she can put it together.
Sunline...simply supreme
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Yes jury is out, but it's becoming a theme with this mare unfortunately. Once the day started to play out and she was going to be disadvantaged out the back, I saved on Deploy for my stake back but she wasn't winning even without the leader domination of the day. Knuckled out of the barriers and her race was over right there.

Problem is they will put her up short again and you'll never get value to see if she can put it together.

What is most concerning is that the bookmakers & connections knew it had no hope given the betting drift.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 5:03pm
Disagree with this. The drift was due to the way the track/conditions were playing to on speed, and she mapped to be out the back and on the rail. I was already invested and went diving into Deploy to save. I couldn't have been the only one, in fact I know I wasn't.
Sunline...simply supreme
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 7:11pm
Banged her head on the ground and down on both knees, a huge run imo under the circumstances, doing best work going to the line, don't know what her constitution is like
( could be delicate to my eye) but if it hasn't taken its toll she is definitely back.
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 2:13pm
Unfortunately just never going to see the best of this highly talented horse.

Hope she can jag a nice win, then she will be off.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:09am
Noticed the Racing Australia website has OMEI SWORD as being ‘Retired’.

Such promising start to her career but never seemed to be able to put it together in her 3 & 4 year old seasons with niggling injuries.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:15am
Full of issues. Promise never fulfilled. She'd come off the track of a morning with riders declaring some massive things. There was no doubt about her ability. Things just didn't work out for her.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 9:43am
I think her trainer, who had/has a string of incredibly talented mares has struggled to share his time around.

reductio ad absurdum
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I think her trainer, who had/has a string of incredibly talented mares has struggled to share his time around.

You're not a fan of Waller are you.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:50pm
Maybe djebel should Waller a call to offer his services as a mentor
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 6:23pm
djebel you should call Waller and ask to train some of his horses since you're placement of horses and training methods are next to none TongueTongue

Thumbs UpHeart
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 7:26pm
If anybody thinks he is getting the best out of any other than Winx you are kidding yourself.

reductio ad absurdum
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:34pm
Omei Sword has been sold for $1.7 million and will be sent to the Northern Hemisphere for a date with one of the world's best stallions.

The talented mare surpassed Abbey Marie ($1.4 million) as the highest-priced lot on the opening day of the Magic Millions National Broodmare Sale at the Gold Coast.

Both mares were purchased by bloodstock agents Dean Hawthorne and John Freyer, acting on behalf of Jonathan Munz and Arrowfield Stud.

Omei Sword, by High Chaparral out of Group 1 winner Irish Lights, finished her career with two wins from 12 starts.

"We thought she would be well sought after and had to stump up to get her, we went a little higher than what we thought originally but when you are chasing these big mares, you have got to pay because everyone wants them," Hawthorne said.

"She comes from a lovely family, Irish Lights herself was a Group 1 winner, the bloodlines suit what we are doing breeding-wise for the future.

"When progeny come through out of Omei Sword in years to come, people will know exactly who Omei Sword was, she was very good.

"She will go straight to stud, she will be bred in the Northern Hemisphere.

"And hopefully we will get her back down her in 12 months and regroup.

"There are a couple (of stallions) in mind in the north, she is definitely going to the Northern Hemisphere and we will sit down in the next week and determine a plan for the next two to three years."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123