Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Official TBV Posting Frequency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official TBV Posting Frequency
    Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:08pm
As a member of the TBV Statistics Committee i thought it was timely to log Official Posts per Day figures. I have "randomly" selected a range of members to give some perspective to typical posting history. Those that wish to see where they fit can access theirs from the member profile.

PT  10.10 
Dr E  8.44 (under review - recent dealing with Rusty/Afross may well have skewed outcome)
Whale 7.24 (also under review as spends much of his time on the sidelines - should be much higher)
djebel  7.20
Macca 6.97 (most wish it was much higher)
Tlazz  5.40
Acacia 5.23
Oneonesit 3.85
Judge  3.02
Second Chance  2.40
Isaac  2.34
E&E  2.27 (very seasonal)
Shrunk in the Wash  2.51
Redemption  2.03
Shammy Davis  2.03  (time zone affected no doubt)
Marble , Rusty & Afross all less than 1 (all on a learning curve)

Refer ALP Election Promises
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:22pm
I still prefer the quality of the post over quantity.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 2:45pm
It is great to the Racing section of the forum out performing the social section today.

reductio ad absurdum
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 3:00pm
My posting was skewed by many entires to my successful Whale Value Selections thread Smile

And don't forget this guy, posts occasionally, especially when Australian sporting teams lose 

Member Profile - FiddlesticksActive Stats
Username:Fiddlesticks
Group:Champion Champion
Ladder Group:Primary Ladder Group
Account Status:Active
Newsletter Subscription:No
Find Posts:Search for posts by Fiddlesticks Find Members Posts
Answer:0
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:11pm
entries *

add 1 to my posts LOL
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

My posting was skewed by many entires to my successful Whale Value Selections thread Smile

And don't forget this guy, posts occasionally, especially when Australian sporting teams lose 

<table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="10" ="tableBorder" align="center" style="width: 1282px; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px;"><t><tr ="tableLedger"><td width="50%">Member Profile - Fiddlesticks</td><td width="50%">Active Stats</td></tr><tr ="tableRow"><td valign="top"><table width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2"><t><tr><td width="30%">Avatar</td><td width="80%"> </td></tr><tr><td>Username:</td><td>Fiddlesticks</td></tr><tr><td>Group:</td><td>Champion Champion</td></tr><tr><td>Ladder Group:</td><td>Primary Ladder Group</td></tr></t></table></td><td valign="top"><table width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2"><t><tr><td width="30%">Account Status:</td><td width="80%">Active</td></tr><tr><td>Joined:</td><td>31 Dec 2012 at 2:56pm</td></tr><tr><td>Last Visit:</td><td>06 Nov 2018 at 9:56am</td></tr><tr><td>Newsletter Subscription:</td><td>No</td></tr><tr><td>Points:</td><td>41014</td></tr><tr><td>Posts:</td><td>32585 [14.67 posts per day]</td></tr><tr><td>Find Posts:</td><td>Search for posts by&nbsp;Fiddlesticks Find Members Posts</td></tr><tr><td>Answer:</td><td>0</td></tr><tr><td>Thanked:</td><td>1605</td></tr><tr><td>Status:</td><td>Offline Offline</td></tr></t></table></td></tr></t></table>

Yes, Fiddled the alltime leader. Don’t forget he racked up another approx 20,000 posts under his previous name.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:37pm
If you exclude nonsensical posts the Doc's stats decrease from 8.44 to 0.17 posts per day.Wink

And some of us aren't a whole lot better.  Embarrassed
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 4:48pm
I'm surprised my contribution is so low , with my prostate, being on The Mayors side.    has me on Duty most of 24/7.

Apart from my successful , selective tipping on Saturdays & Public Holidays , I also give good medical advice.
Only this morning I advised ( You know who ) to stop using toilet paper.

IT WILL STOP HIM BITING HIS FINGER NAILS.

Macca & Whale - give it a rest next one of you to goad the other is getting a holiday (extended). 

Edited by VSP. - 30 Jan 2019 at 5:42pm
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I'm surprised my contribution is so low , with my prostate, being on The Mayors side.    has me on Duty most of 24/7.

Apart from my successful , selective tipping on Saturdays & Public Holidays , I also give good medical advice.

Another brilliant diagnosis  misdiagnosis by our resident nurse LOL

No offence  to nail biters Wink

Nothing so stupid as one who does not realise his stupidity and "knows " it all.

But hey if you want to believe that be my guest, such a hurtful insult Confused

I don't bite my nails just cut them extremely short to please the ladies Smile

Macca & Whale - give it a rest next one of you to goad the other is getting a holiday (extended). 

Edited by VSP. - 30 Jan 2019 at 5:43pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:25pm

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Another brilliant diagnosis  misdiagnosis by our resident nurse LOL

No offence  to nail biters Wink

Nothing so stupid as one who does not realise his stupidity and "knows " it all.

But hey if you want to believe that be my guest, such a hurtful insult Confused

I don't bite my nails just cut them extremely short to please the ladies Smile
[

TO please the ladies. ??? . Get yourself a brick .. You might lay that.

Edited by VSP. - 30 Jan 2019 at 5:43pm
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

If you exclude nonsensical posts the Doc's stats decrease from 8.44 to 0.17 posts per day.Wink

And some of us aren't a whole lot better.  Embarrassed

non sensical posts?

thats for the breeding.

she is a nice colour

for a broodmare.....
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:19pm
Interesting how some ex/present mods come here a few times a year and impose their authority having no idea what is happening. I would have thought the mod who is here every day is capable of monitoring this forum.
Having said that I will cool it, I don't want to be the subject of a capricious suspension Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:20pm

Interesting how some ex/present mods come here a few times a year and impose their authority having no idea what is happening. I would have thought the mod who is here every day is capable of monitoring this forum.
Having said that I will cool it, I don't want to be the subject of a capricious suspension Smile
What have capsicums got to do with anything Whale ?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:21pm
I like them, especially green ones
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:22pm

Not all bad - would drop you a few places in the rankings
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:28pm
Now here's a question for the mods. I mean you would think that posts per day figure would just be the number of total posts made divided by the number of days as a member. However i don't think it is. For example, if i had been a member for 1 year & had a daily posting average of 10 - then did not post again for another year - would my figure have dropped to 5 ? So is long-term inactivity factored in ? - & how is it ? This is important stuff you know
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:31pm
of course it would, Fiddle had 28 posts per day, now he has 14 a day after staying away for years apart from a few posts having a dig at the Australian cricket team
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:35pm

of course it would, Fiddle had 28 posts per day, now he has 14 a day after staying away for years apart from a few posts having a dig at the Australian cricket team
Fair enough - problem solved. You don't happen to have the Fiddlers graphed hourly do you Whale ? - i find that easier to interpret. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:37pm
Must say i was a bit surprised by some of the results. Didn't realise Acacia was such a chatter box
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:41pm

Haven't you been sidelined 3 years out of the past 4 Whale. That puts you on a conservative 30 posts a day by my rough calculations. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Fair enough - problem solved. You don't happen to have the Fiddlers graphed hourly do you Whale ? - i find that easier to interpret. 

no but he has the record for the number of posts in 1 day, 110 Smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:47pm
110 LOL . I've still got my doubts as to the accuracy of this information. Tigers been a member since 2007 - & they reckon he's averaging 1.56 posts a day. He must of been prolific as a youngster. 
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:51pm

there doesnt seem to be much in the way of consistency

when it comes to mods intervention.

is vsp newly qualified?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 8:53pm
hahaha yes newly qualified 10 years ago
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:22pm
Glad rusty and I have been given the assist in helping Doc run second, its a thankless task!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Glad rusty and I have been given the assist in helping Doc run second, its a thankless task!

haha he is trying hard but has only reached 71 so far, lift your game Doc Smile
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:20am

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

haha he is trying hard but has only reached 71 so far, lift your game Doc Smile

of course if we are talking about sheer volume of words  Doc has an unreachable record, his 71 posts would be at least 6 times as voluminous as Fiddle's 110 

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 8:21am
Is there a separate category for posts made in large pink text? 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Must say i was a bit surprised by some of the results. Didn't realise Acacia was such a chatter box
In the old days i’m sure this comment would have got a reaction.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 2:41pm
Well ! Shocked  Give me a break !  I just happened to miss that comment !!Embarrassed  Its nice we have a stats person keeping tabs on us Thumbs Up
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>