Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Official TBV Health Food thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2019 at 8:46am
With New Year upon us and the season for well intentioned but seldom carried out resolutions, this one is well worth considering as an easy to follow positive life change..Intermittent Fasting.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 4:37pm
Probiotics

Wow Heart GIF - Wow Heart PopHeart GIFs
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 4:38pm
Dont forget the prebiotics with them. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 4:46pm
Started yesterday, seems to be working already ,but probably placebo effect. Will stick to Pro for the time being
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 4:56pm
The pre activates the pro microbes in the gut. Get prebiotics it in foods like onion garlic some root vegetables pulses lentils, chickpeas
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 4:58pm
lol me get nutrients from food, no way, i prefer tablets

this stuff is amazing, my mother was not so silly all those years ago, is taking off, even Woolworth stocks it now

Kefir Probiotico GIF - Kefir Probiotico CursoSobreKefir GIFs
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 5:03pm
I tried it for a while, didn't like the taste, also tried kimchi(disgusting) sauerkraut is good, Kombucha.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 5:09pm
woolworths sells it in various flavours now, much more palatable. I have blueberry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 5:11pm
I haven't tried supermarket stuff. Dont have problems myself but have a family full of gut issues so got to test all sorts of stuff.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 5:16pm
i have had gut issues for years and a doctor issue, I never see one Smile

So rather than identify the problem I would rather try to relieve it this way
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 5:25pm
My family had no success with doctors either over years. They then found a naturopath who is also a GP and nutritionist who got them both on track though.

If you try a bought prebiotic, I used a stuff called inulin, and while I had no real issue to start with, it along with a few probiotic foods like Greek yogurt, sauerkraut had me running like a Ferrari.I bought it online on ebay.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 6:02pm
We had the small family pack from the local shop tonight: turkish bread, falafel balls, hummus dip, sliced lamb and tabouli salad.

Doc was nowhere in sight.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 6:03pm
Sensational...my favorite. Thumbs Up
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:35pm
If you want inulin then I suggest you plant some Jerusalem Artichokes.  They have high levels of inulin (up to 12%) and they would have to be the easiest vegetable to grow of them all.  

Be warned however.  So people don't react well to inulin and they are often referred to as 'Fartichokes'.

Don't be eating them on date night or if you are going to the cinema or leaving on a jet plane.  

From a gardening perspective you only need plant one tuber.  Chop it up and bury it.  It will propagate from every scrap - and once it has established itself in your garden you will never get rid of it.  It grows more than 2 metres high and produces a single daisy like flower before going limp and collapsing on the ground.  That means they are ready and you will dig up bucket loads.  If you don't dig them up you will have even more next year - hell, you'll have even more next year even if you do.

They are nutty sweet.  If you boil them only just boil them as they go mushy if overcooked, but that makes them a terrrific addition to soups and stews for flavour and thickening.  They are delicious roasted and some even add them sliced raw to salads. 

Fun gardening fact :  They have nothing at all to do with Jerusalem and they aren't a true artichoke.  They just taste a bit like an artichoke.  They are actually a sunflower (helianthus) but they are grown for their root (tuberosa) not their flower.   They acquired the Jerusalem name because Italians call sunflowers 'girasole' which Americans misheard as'Jerusalem'... so the story goes.   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123