Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Tipping and Wagering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Odds Boost & Power Play

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Odds Boost & Power Play
    Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 12:32pm
Ladbrokes have Odds Boost & Sportsbet have Power Play. Is there any others that give enhanced odds.

I back my fair share of losers and Ladbrokes increased my odds boost up to 3 a day and on the second day i backed 3 winners in a row all round the $4 mark and they dropped me straight back to 1 Odds boost a day for a week. Backed a few loosers then the increased to 2 for a day and the second bet won now im back to 1. Grr Ouch They obviously dont know me to well as i dont back that many winners. Cry 
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2017 at 3:19pm
Love the Odds Boost & wish I'd waited a couple more minutes for Sword Of Justice to get to the 31 instead of taking the 21 boosted to 41 which rescucitated my ac by $30 but reckon at 31 would've boosted to 61  LOL
3wks ago did the same with only $5 after placing the bet so Sandown's a happy track for me - at present. Pity about the 1st/3rd quinella I took but happy with the photo going my way Big smile
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Love the Odds Boost & wish I'd waited a couple more minutes for Sword Of Justice to get to the 31 instead of taking the 21 boosted to 41 which rescucitated my ac by $30 but reckon at 31 would've boosted to 61  LOL
3wks ago did the same with only $5 after placing the bet so Sandown's a happy track for me - at present. Pity about the 1st/3rd quinella I took but happy with the photo going my way Big smile

Nice one Gay Thumbs Up,  I was looking at it but left it out, cost me the quaddie Ouch

theoretically of course as I don't bet LOL
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 7:57am
Between us, we got 2 of the only 3 longshots (Sanzio Gawler R8) & I too looked closely at yours only to opt for another LOL We can't complain tho', they're pretty scarce & great when you jag one!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Between us, we got 2 of the only 3 longshots (Sanzio Gawler R8) & I too looked closely at yours only to opt for another LOL We can't complain tho', they're pretty scarce & great when you jag one!

I see a new subscription service on the hoizon :

Ghwayle's Longshots Smile
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 12:16pm
Clap Clap Clap
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 12:24pm
I just had a look at the Gawler winner, I could not have picked it in a fit, paid poorly for the lousy form it was in I thought
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 1:14pm
Sportsbet seems to give the better boost

spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:08am
interesting they have restricted me to 1 $50 odds boost a day with Ladbrokes and after checking with a friend my boosts are less than his on the same horse so they have restricted my bet size and boost, poor form 
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:47am
At least you still have it. I'm no massive punter, but did boost a few winners at Royal Ascot & that was it. 

They said the feature was only for 'loyal' customers and my one bet a day at boosted odds wasn't loyal enough.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

At least you still have it. I'm no massive punter, but did boost a few winners at Royal Ascot & that was it. 

They said the feature was only for 'loyal' customers and my one bet a day at boosted odds wasn't loyal enough.
Sportsbet, on the other hand, have no issue with my betting patterns.
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2017 at 4:42am
Yes, used it on Terravista in the Lightning Big smileThumbs Up

Originally posted by spinner spinner wrote:

Sportsbet seems to give the better boost

Mayor
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 1:22pm
Sportsbet seem to have restricted my power play. When comparing with a couple of friends accounts my power plays are greatly reduced. Sportsbet have assured me this isnt possible and there is no restrictions on my account yet im sitting here with a mate whos price goes from $5.50 to $6.50 and mine goes to $6 on the same horse. His from $4.60 to $5.50 and mine to $4.80. Called three times and they say its not possible grrrrrr Awaiting an email response.  
spinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:35pm
now they have taken power play away from my account. No more sportsbet for me. If you have a winning run they restrict you. Poor form / crappy corporate bookies should be barred IMO Angry 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic