Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Winners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dishlicker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishlicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 3:44pm
Use Afl system, problem solved....McIntyre system works fine if there is NO upsets...1 upset and everything goes crazy!! What a stupid system where if you come 1st and lose you face sudden death away from home...and if 1234 all get beat then 34 are gone Wacko I think I will go for Manly, not because I like them, but cos I am a big fan of Foran and Cherry Evans...And big Georgie Rose, the couch potato looking man living the dream haha
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Grinnersawinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2011 at 4:39pm

Bloody oath dishy.

I will go for Broncos tonight; not because I like Broncos (in fact I very much dislike them) but because the Dragons fans are the biggest bunch of f***wits I've had the displeasure of meeting. So, so arrogant for the past 18 months; the last 2 months have been awesome watching those lollipops get knocked out of the finals; destined to never win a premiership again until Wayne Bennet V2.0.
Also would be unfair on Broncos if they were to lose and get kicked out of the finals.

My barracking order would be:
Melbourne. Would be a magnificent sporting story to win after the events of the past few years.
Manly. Cherry-evans and Keiran Foran; a great young combo and both have spoke well in the past. Plus I don't harbour the same hate of Manly traditional NRL followers do.
Broncos. Don't really like them but would be a good story for Lockyer to win.
Auckland. I nothing them. Wouldn't bother me if they won.
Dragons. F***ing hate them.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 12:11pm
<<<Still recovering from Fridays game,still cant believe we let that slip and the way the Warriors won was terrible.They hung in there and the beast played a good game.

I honestly dont give a rats who wins from now,cant stand Brisbane,Manly and Melbourne...The Warriors would be the obvious choice but every Kiwi and his dog has come out of the woodwork to get on board now so i hope they dont win it.

Grand Final day will be a good Golf day now.

Bring on 2012
Hidden In Hollywood
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 12:54pm
If Manly get through next weeks game against the Broncs without incident I'll be very confident of them winning the GF.

Warriors only play once every 3 or 4 games.
Melbourne were woeful in their win over Newcastle.
Brisbane are very shaky when under pressure. (St George were the better team last night)

Manly at least show some of the fight that we usually see in the Tigers. They'll turn up revved to their limits.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:27pm
I don't want any of the teams to win either. In the past I have been happy to at least back the storm and collect. Don't feel good about doing that this year.

And don't like the new zealanders celebrating too much.they will prob win the world cup.

Tough year to watch the gf
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Hay List View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hay List Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 1:57pm
Manly will be in the Grand Final , the refs will make sure of that .

If there isn't a Sydney team there GF day the calls will go out to play future Grand Finals away from Sydney and the league wont like that .

Saying that whoever plays Manly i will be supporting
Formerly known as Crash       
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 6:28pm
Outcomes

Bris V Melb - No one in Sydney will give a toss,they should move it the the MCG

Bris V Warriors - Only Kiwis in Sydney will be excited

Manly V Melb - The team everyone hates against the salary cap cheats

Manly V Warriors - Who cares apart from Kiwis living in Sydney and the Yuppies from the northern beaches.
Hidden In Hollywood
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:02pm
I thought that St George final try came from a stolen ball...No big deal I suppose . Just the referees not wanting to make the penalty count look worse.
.....Storm are good things from here .....
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I thought that St George final try came from a stolen ball...No big deal I suppose . Just the referees not wanting to make the penalty count look worse.

Your a notorious made judge of rugby league macca, so I'll be laying them now.LOL 
dishlicker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishlicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:46am
Thoughts on Lockyer? All the so called 'experts' I have heard have said he should not play, and I agree, I dont care what the coach says, to play with that injury less then a week after surgery cannot be good!! If it was not him, there would be no talk about playing, the player would simply be out. Sometimes there are things more important then a game of football, and I think he has to think about life after footy. Either way though I think Manly have them covered.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 12:01pm
He's been told he could lose sight in his left eye if he plays, so that should make the club take the decision out of Lockyer's hands. It's not the way anyone wants to see him leave the game, but it's the safest.

Hay List View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hay List Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 5:38pm
Lockyer will play 

Broncos played their GF last Saturday ...Manly will win this (bet of the year)
Formerly known as Crash       
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Hay List Hay List wrote:

Lockyer will play 

Broncos played their GF last Saturday ...Manly will win this (bet of the year)

i am not 100% confident that they are the bet of the year but for the last month they have been playing grand finals and all at home. i wonder how the kids will react after going away from home and not having the support around them.

though, they are playing the sea eagles so you will proabbaly have more supporters from qld than north of the harbour. 
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 6:57pm
Lockyer likely to play because the doctors have told him it's his decision.
But he is told by doctors not to fly, so the coach says he might have to drive to Sydney.Pinch

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:45pm
The NRL will want a NSW team in the big one for sure and certain,if it doesnt happen well its a disaster waiting ot happen.
Hidden In Hollywood
Grinnersawinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:49pm
Melb played Brissy only few years back.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 9:52pm
And no one in Sydney gave a toss,they honestly should have moved it to the MCG or Brisbane.

Its bound to happen again with the one team cities dominating with so much with cash to buy good players and they have plenty of sponsors.
Hidden In Hollywood
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Your a notorious made judge of rugby league macca, so I'll be laying them now.LOL 
.        Behave or I will publish that picture you sent me ..... You are an enemy of my DIKKI TIKKA
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2011 at 11:22pm

The Girl Lodger

A Scottish couple took in an 18-year-old girl as a lodger. She asked if she could have a bath, but the woman of the house told her they didn't have a bath, although if she wanted to, she could use a tin bath in front of the fire.

"Monday's the best night, when my husband goes out to darts," she said.

The girl agreed to have a bath the following Monday.

After her husband had gone to the pub for his darts match, the woman filled the bath and watched the girl get undressed. She was surprised to see that the lass didn't have any pubic hair. She mentioned this to her husband when he came home. He didn't believe her, so she said:
"Next Monday, when you go to darts, leave a little early and wait in the back garden. I'll leave a gap in the curtains so you can see for yourself."

So the following Monday, while the girl again got undressed, the wife asked:

"Do you shave?"

"No," replied the girl. "I've just never grown any hair down there. Do you have hair?"

"Oh, yes," said the woman, and she pulled up her nightdress and showed the girl that she was really generously endowed in the hair department.....very generously indeed.

The girl finished her bath and went to bed.

Later that night, when the husband came in, the wife asked him, "Did you see it?"

"Yes," he said, "but why the hell did you have to show her yours."

"Why ever are you worried about that?" she said. "You've seen it often enough before."

"I know," he said, "but the darts team hadn't!"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516
  Share Topic