Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 38>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 1:13am
Good point H ... getting down to the pointy end, and it all boils down to the same question again - who can get their best 17 on the park, fit and in form, over the next month and half!

What is the prognosis with Luke Keary?

Widdops recovery will determine if the Dragons are just there to make up numbers.

Rabbitohs seem to have a number of hurt players, especially GI, but more concerning is the form and attitude of Sam Burgess.

Panthers are hanging in there but have had plenty out.

It would be a shame if Cameron Smith's injury issues were to handicap the Fraud - NOT!

Which team(s) look like coming into the finals in form and with everyone fit and well? 

... are the Sharkies flying under the radar ...?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 8:43am
Said to a mate yesterday Sharks flying under radar.. Don't think they are as good as a few others but you know what you get each week and can't say that with some of the others.

Keary should be back for the last round, maybe next week but I think they will give him one more. Jared Warea Hargreaves should be back about the same time.

Latrell was quiet in first half yesterday, must of got a rocket put up him at half time, almost killed a few blokes in the second half, if you get a chance look at his run where he beats four and absolutely ruined some bloke, he is scary strong
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018 at 10:16am
Top 3 have it sewn up I reckon
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

A Nate Myles " special", gone to gowings imo, 3-4 weeks.

Napa cleared by match review committee. If there is nothing wrong with that tackle there is something wrong with the game, knuckleheads.Ouch He regularly puts himself in the position when tackling, where a slight error may result in a violent head clash. No worries. Keep doing it.Clap

Keep doing it. Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 7:39pm

A Nate Myles " special", gone to gowings imo, 3-4 weeks.

Napa cleared by match review committee. If there is nothing wrong with that tackle there is something wrong with the game, knuckleheads.Ouch He regularly puts himself in the position when tackling, where a slight error may result in a violent head clash. No worries. Keep doing it.Clap

Keep doing it. Clap

He wouldn't get away with his flying headbutts even in UFC.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 9:20pm
Go Dragons
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Go Dragons

The scores & results of late , have to incite paranoia.

Certainly a dart board game.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Go Dragons

It's given me a migraine Macca, I'm done. Panthers can't tackle, doggies can tackle but too late, it's a mine field .
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:50pm

Go Dragons

It's given me a migraine Macca, I'm done. Panthers can't tackle, doggies can tackle but too late, it's a mine field .

Massive dollars in the betting markets now days mates...    Over a million in one game on Betfair I noted......       Someone is making big bikkies .

All the excuses ,   having an easier run with finals so close , injuries , You name it , but these scores just don't add up to support " goers " .

40 , 60, 80 points in a match ..   NO NO NO I can't swallow that .

Dragons 38 points last night ..       Do they think we are fools.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 11:40am
On player talent St George are barely a top 8 side. They were punching well above their weight to be top 4 all year. Without their playmaker and their best forward they are a bottom 4 side.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 4:17pm
Dragons are not going that bad - losses to Eels and Bulldogs in the past 3 weeks by a combined 78-4, unless we are calling that "bad".

Might have to concede that the injuries will slow them down!Ouch 

Beware of the Sharkies ... flying under the radar, and then when you least expect it, they come bursting through the middle ... just like ScoMo!!!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:06pm
Is there a point where the NRL grows a backbone and says the next club to rort the salary cap, gets their licence to play in the NRL revoked?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:18pm
Cronulla allegedly cheats in 2015 and 2017, but not in the Premiership year in between.  

Oh, and the World's flat.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Cronulla allegedly cheats in 2015 and 2017, but not in the Premiership year in between.  

Oh, and the World's flat.

Thought you didn't follow Rugby League. Lack of interest in the AFL thread these days - you've successfully bored the socks off everyone up there !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:24pm
You really kick the sweep as a pointless troll.  Thumbs Up 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:28pm

Well why would you want to contribute (& I use that term lightly) to a thread you have said many a times does not interest you ? Cheap shot artist
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:31pm
Thank you, one again, for yet another pointless, irrelevant and incorrect contribution.  Something in which you totally excel.  Thumbs Up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:37pm

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Well they better start putting the whistle away shortly otherwise the game is buggered. Watching so far this season has been nothing short of appalling.

Much like any number of seasons before, irrespective, because apart from SOO and finals rugby league is generally speaking a totally boring by the numbers two-dimensional game with a couple of highlights at most per contest. 
[/QUOTE] I think this earlier comment pretty well sums up Second Chances thoughts on Rugby League.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Well why would you want to contribute (& I use that term lightly) to a thread you have said many a times does not interest you ? Cheap shot artist

Sorry oneonesit, you've got it wrong est again.

I've criticized what I perceive as the lateral dimensions of the game, but NEVER said the contest doesn't interest me.

So wrong again Troll.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:47pm
There you go - boring me AGAIN !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 9:52pm
Thank you for your contribution.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Is there a point where the NRL grows a backbone and says the next club to rort the salary cap, gets their licence to play in the NRL revoked?

Not as long as the Melbourne Fraud are allowed a licence.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 7:04am
Cronulla rorts the system, they must have the same accountants as the Roosters who have been doing it for years
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 9:52am
Salary caps are unAustralian- let the market rule.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 11:00am
I am aware that possibly the forensic accounts should explore the houses that NrL players live in and where the payments and the price of the houses came to be.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 11:02am
There could be a possibity the forensic accounts should explore the houses that NrL players live in and where the payments and the price of the houses came to be.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 9:48pm
Big go the panthers then changes happen...they're too good
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 10:24pm
Too smelly for me ...       

I'll just hope The WINX of TBV is wrong about Marvellous Melbourne.

Class act .        ( what does Doc call my hero's )... Fraudsters

I have to think about that , it is Melb u Know.   
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 10:46pm
Sutton is trying his best to get the plunge beat... Unbelievable reffing
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2018 at 1:29am

Too smelly for me ...       

I'll just hope The WINX of TBV is wrong about Marvellous Melbourne.

Class act .        ( what does Doc call my hero's )... Fraudsters

I have to think about that , it is Melb u Know.   

I shed a little tear for you tonight macca ... and for Cameron Smith and for the whole Melbourne Fraud Franchise, players, officials, supporters ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 38>