Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by Gettingbigger Gettingbigger wrote:

I'm more interested in why Bellamy cottoned on to this overweight ambling alp and would be thug Kasiano, although I'm not a bulldog fan I had a lot of time for Des but he could only get 18 minutes a half out of this bloke, he's better of playing water polo with that big mitt of his, inflatable help off course.

Kasiano a would be thug ? seriously ? he's just a big unit , under Des he wasn't allowed to be lean and mean if you recall the start of last season Kasiano had trimmed down for his wedding to about what he looks like now but when the season started Des told him he needed to bulk up that's why he could only get 20 mins a game , I reckon he will have a great year under Bellamy.

I seen him do a few last year that weren't quite kosher, maybe we see things in a diferrent light, Des is not a mug so why would he want him to bulk up just to get 20 mins e/w, so he's lost 24 kg well must had it there to lose, lets see what the new season brings.

Agree we all see things different , I'm sure there will be plenty of times we won't agree on some of the things that happen on the footy field , long season ahead looking forward to the banter Wink 
Say nothing once why say it again
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I'm a mad Panther supporter. However, am just about ready to give up on them. Both Gould & Griffin have a lot of explaining to do. So much for the laying down the foundations for a dynasty that they rattled on about a few years ago. Fell into the semis last year & struggled to score a point - yet they have a bloke like Moylan sitting in the grandstands fully fit & wanting to play. Never seen that happen before in my life. Then they end up swapping him for Maloney ( did they really expect to keep hiim after the way he was treated). Now Maloney is a great footballer - but really he is coming to the end of his career. Moylan is destined to be a superstar. They also let go of Martin half way through the season to the Cowboys....& he played strongly......& now they lose Cartwight to the Titans. Just as well they have the biggest nursery in the NRL because they are going to need them the way they are burning them up. Really jacked off with them !

Blame the lot on Gould, he is the one coaching the team, he shafted Cleary because Ivan wanted full control but Gus still wanted to have his say

As for Moylan, the guy has a massive ego and his attitude is terrible, I rate the guy who took his spot last year more than him.

Cartwright is good in attack at times but his defence is woeful, again that Corey kid who took his spot last year can run a line and defend.

Penrith should have done everything to keep Latu, he was a good young player.

Wait until the Roosters poach Mansour next season, that's when Penrith will riot
EAD
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

I'm a mad Panther supporter. However, am just about ready to give up on them. Both Gould & Griffin have a lot of explaining to do. So much for the laying down the foundations for a dynasty that they rattled on about a few years ago. Fell into the semis last year & struggled to score a point - yet they have a bloke like Moylan sitting in the grandstands fully fit & wanting to play. Never seen that happen before in my life. Then they end up swapping him for Maloney ( did they really expect to keep hiim after the way he was treated). Now Maloney is a great footballer - but really he is coming to the end of his career. Moylan is destined to be a superstar. They also let go of Martin half way through the season to the Cowboys....& he played strongly......& now they lose Cartwight to the Titans. Just as well they have the biggest nursery in the NRL because they are going to need them the way they are burning them up. Really jacked off with them !

Blame the lot on Gould, he is the one coaching the team, he shafted Cleary because Ivan wanted full control but Gus still wanted to have his say

As for Moylan, the guy has a massive ego and his attitude is terrible, I rate the guy who took his spot last year more than him.

Cartwright is good in attack at times but his defence is woeful, again that Corey kid who took his spot last year can run a line and defend.

Wait until the Roosters poach Mansour next season, that's when Penrith will riot
Fair enough Tiger. Maybe Moylan has a big ego - not the only footballer with one of them. Still no reason not to have in the team for the finals. For me that was an absolute disgrace - watching them unable to put any attacking plays together in the opposition 25 - only to have Moylan sitting healthy in the grandstand. I mean to make it worse he was their captain earlier in the season & had been promoted as the player to start their "dynasty". I mean seriously - the supporters deserve some sort of explanation.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:38pm
Yeah , all good gettingbigger, two things I noticed on the 2018 roster, Dan Gagai to the bunnies, how did the Newcastle roosters let him go? and another thug gone D Taylor. to Toronto Wolfpack, I hope the half backs over there are bigger than the ones he put late shots on here, freeze ya plums of fella.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:40pm
& re Cartwright. He was exposed defensively when they tried to make him a bloody five eight. One on one out in the open he was very suspect. As a forward he was reasonable - not so susceptible to the zip, zip men
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:47pm
Will be interesting to see how Foran goes. Got to be his last chance of getting a big $ contract. Both Parra & Warriors got their fingers burnt. Funny how some footy players always seem to have a lot of issues. You would almost think it was more than bad luck LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:49pm
I think the Bunnies are too overladen with bulky Burgi carioca. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 4:55pm
& that Sandor Earl is back after his 4 year spell. Think the penalty hew copped was a bit stiff. Been in Thailand running a gym & selling health foods. Apparently now done a knee. Anyhow he is with the best club (Melbourne) to try to re-invent himself. Bellamy is a master at it.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:00pm
& Latrell Mitchell being talked about as the Roosters "X Factor" this year. Doubt he will live up to those wraps !
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:04pm

Will be interesting to see how Foran goes. Got to be his last chance of getting a big $ contract. Both Parra & Warriors got their fingers burnt. Funny how some footy players always seem to have a lot of issues. You would almost think it was more than bad luck LOL

A steely mentality and.....application, application, and application 1-1 lol, but the lyrics in the song by k.d.lang. my old addiction has changed the wiring in my brain, may suffice.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:11pm
Think the Dragons are good value at $2 to make the eight. Probably cannot win the comp - however they have a good coach & solid roster. Sort of team that I think will be consistent with a no frills playing style.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 5:29pm
As a Canberra fan I can say, when Hodgson was injured last yer, I ripped my premiership tickets up. I know there is a good half in Seizer, and just hope he takes control of the team now Hodgson is out.

I think Souths are way unders. They do not have a team capable of winning a comp, and if you have Inglis in your tam, he needs to get the ball as much as posssibe, and not sure that will be the case in the centres.

Can not see Brisbane improving, and I think they overachieved last year so they could be one to drop from the eight. 

The Warriors look a shambles. The Tigers have lost their two bet payers and it might seem stupid, but that could make them a better team overall. The Knights obviously to move up from the bottom.

Parra have to overcome the Hayne hissy fits and disharmony atmosphere. Looks a good option at centre with Fench on the wing and Gutherson t the back. The Dragons have lost Dugan and Packer, but the addition of Graham and Hunt will give them one of the best forward packs when you add Vaughan, Frizeell and Jack D. Think they will still come up short attacking wise, but they are a well drilled defensive team so they should make the eight.

Penrith have lost a lot of talent. Moylan te obvious, but I had Latu in my suercoach team last year and he will be a huge asset for the Titans alongside Ryan James and Jarrod Wallace. I think the Panthers have got one or maybe two years to win their premiership and with that in mind, Maloney is the perfect buy.

I tipped the Titans to win the minor premiership last year, but the injuries showed their lak of depth. Similar scene this year. The addition of Latu, and the departure of Hayne, now gives Ashley Taylor full control of the team. If they can have a better run injury wise they can win enough matchs to make the eight.

Cronulla, Storm, Cowboys and Roosters all look top eight locks.

For me Manly are the team I can not get a gauge on. Last year they were very good at times, and then put in a couple of shocking performances. If Korisou can keep improving and the Trobojvec's can stay healthy, then they should be in the scrap for 6th, 7th and 8th.

The Bulldogs have made th right decision wit Mbye, fullback is his place. It gives the team a more balanced look and if Woods and Klemmer can provide the go forward they could finish top eight but  have them in twelfth.  

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Gettingbigger View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:33pm

Gotta admit I didn't think he was the best buy for the dogs , he's here and looks to be in a good place so hope for us it's worth the gamble , on his game he's a quality player.
Gettingbigger View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 9:36pm

& Latrell Mitchell being talked about as the Roosters "X Factor" this year. Doubt he will live up to those wraps !

Thought he would struggle a bit last year being compared to GI.
Definitely has ability and with time could be a very good player as long as he can keep his mind on the job.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:01pm

Fair enough Tiger. Maybe Moylan has a big ego - not the only footballer with one of them. Still no reason not to have in the team for the finals. For me that was an absolute disgrace - watching them unable to put any attacking plays together in the opposition 25 - only to have Moylan sitting healthy in the grandstand. I mean to make it worse he was their captain earlier in the season & had been promoted as the player to start their "dynasty". I mean seriously - the supporters deserve some sort of explanation.
The rumor is that Moylan has trouble staying away from the wives and girlfriends of other players.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2018 at 11:42pm
Yes I've heard that Sneck. Again , not the first player to be guilty of that. In fact, I know of at least 2 "very good" players guilty of same. Still not a good enough reason to sit him on the side lines during the finals. The Penrith supporters should not be the ones made to suffer. His indiscretions don't seem to have worried the Sharks management too much
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:06am
Would also add he was the youngest NRL captain ever - age 24. I mean if his character was in question why would they put that on him at such an early age. My understanding was that he was considered a level headed good style of kid when they appointed him. Club management has a has a lot to answer imo - train wreck that has flowed onto derailing the whole club !
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:26am

Yeah , all good gettingbigger, two things I noticed on the 2018 roster, Dan Gagai to the bunnies, how did the Newcastle roosters let him go? and another thug gone D Taylor. to Toronto Wolfpack, I hope the half backs over there are bigger than the ones he put late shots on here, freeze ya plums of fella.

Think Taylor got released or something by Toronto, playing for the Central Capras in the Qld cup
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:28am
The bigger rumour with Moylan is he loves Coke, he will love it down at Cronulla if that's the case
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:32am

The bigger rumour with Moylan is he loves Coke, he will love it down at Cronulla if that's the case

With his rum?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:01am
Cartwright and Moylan leaving are good for the club I reckon. Both have egos the size of sydney harbour and little performance to back it up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Cartwright and Moylan leaving are good for the club I reckon. Both have egos the size of sydney harbour and little performance to back it up
Maybe - however their combined egos would not come close to Gould's. He is the one that made the big statements a few years back when he took control. You know - we are going to be a dynasty - we just need time to get the house in order. He is the one who hasn't come close to delivering. He is the one that has allowed key players to leave to rival clubs. He should be the one leaving imo.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:21am
Gould is a Dinasaur, he needs to stop thinking he is still a coach

Let him do all the running of the club, not the football team, attracting players etc but stay away from the coach and telling him how to coach

That's why Cleary got shafted and I'm sure his young bloke is off to the Rorters in two years time
EAD
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:26am
Do other clubs have the kind of position in the management structure that Gould occupies at Penrith?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:11pm

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Maybe - however their combined egos would not come close to Gould's.

Gould has earnt it. the other 2 look like smoke and mirrors to me.

Moylan runs around like a head chook. Couldn't steer a team around the park if he tired. A Chronic hog.

Dangerous impact player like  Barba or Ewan McGrady but Cleary is much better off without him
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 5:31am
I think it's positive that Penrith offloaded Moylan and Cartwright but losing Peachey to the Gold Coast is a huge blow, they just need Cleary to stay but Roosters will throw unlimited cash supplies at him in two years time
EAD
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 8:58am
Rumours flying around that SBW will join the Rorters mid season

I'm sure they are under the cap though still
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:04am
Didn't they shed $1m with a halfback going to Newcastle after the roster had been completed?
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Didn't they shed $1m with a halfback going to Newcastle after the roster had been completed?

They shed 4 players just for Tedesco to fit under the cap, signed Cronk on what and let go Pearce which was the money for Cronk.

Now if they get SBW for half a year, that will be 500k and if he signs for next season that will be the Rorters 4th million dollar player with about 5 others on 700k each so that means 18 players are on 50k each lol

Teddy 1 million
Cronk 1 million
Crichton 1 million
SBW ???1 million

EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:56am
I thought they fit them all under and wanted Pearce ro stay. He chose to go after Cronk was signed Tedesco had been signed long before. Crichton doesn't go there till next season
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>