Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL Season 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 38>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 7:26pm
Equal most wooden spoons this century/millennium.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Booted from the NRL.

Who by?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:00pm
A lot of new blood in these teams ,   especially NSW.

Brad Fittler said it all when he reasoned that Origin is another level and while he is pleased with the NSW squad ,    There is always the doubt as to how many will take it onto an Origin Park.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Booted from the NRL.

Who by?

The NRL in 1999
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:39pm

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Booted from the NRL.

Who by?

The NRL in 1999

The NRL

You’re smarter than that
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

A lot of new blood in these teams ,   especially NSW.

Brad Fittler said it all when he reasoned that Origin is another level and while he is pleased with the NSW squad ,    There is always the doubt as to how many will take it onto an Origin Park.

macca - qld have lost thurston, cronk, smith, and slater . I'm a qld'er but i just can't see us winning tomorrow night. 
best bet is over the 37 points total score. there are some dodgy defenders on the paddock and the ref's wont stop origin like they have been in the NRL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:52pm
No arguement from me on what you say , however it's not like Slater & Smith are playing for NSW .     A lot of newbies have to rise to the occasion.     always a question .
   I've backed Qld at 3.3 ,   I'm laying them at 3.15
Surely they won't go out further Than the 3.3.

I might add, i am not a good Trader.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:14pm
They have everything against them the maroons, won't go down without a fight, dunno which way to go, one thing GI to star imo.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 10:59pm
reductio ad absurdum
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Anthony Milford and Kalyn Ponga have been flown in as the possible replacements for Billy Slater.

OOOWAAAA ...    Would have been a disaster for some Traders there, Slater out will see huge market changes.   NSW at about $1.50 now .. Too short.

1.58 into 1.50. Big change for this type of market. Can’t see QLD troubling them here. But then I don’t really know what I’m talking about.

Closer than I thought. It’s raining cash though. First try scorer dart hit, UBET ultrabet hit, still alive in the HT/FT market. Sometimes you just get lucky I suppose.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:09pm
Good first half from both .... Top Referee does wonders to a match ... He is letting it flow and the next 40 minutes will be terrific .
   Qld can win this.       bet they aren't $3.3 now .
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:11pm
Lets hope Mitchell does not get psyched out by Chambers, and Roberts gets help defending Munster and GI.

Good first half of rugby league!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:15pm
Yep, great half, one blue by WC and they score, still waiting on GI to do something out of the box.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:28pm

Good first half from both .... Top Referee does wonders to a match ... He is letting it flow and the next 40 minutes will be terrific .
   Qld can win this.       bet they aren't $3.3 now .

They were 2.0 before that NSW try. Probably 2.5 or thereabouts now though.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:19am
Game could have gone either way. 3 critical decisions against Qld. Gagai lost ball non-penalty dodgy , Trovoic try a double movement & last try off a pass at least 3m forward. Good time to get on Qld to win the series to duplicate last years result
Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:26am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Game could have gone either way. 3 critical decisions against Qld. Gagai lost ball non-penalty dodgy , Trovoic try a double movement & last try off a pass at least 3m forward. Good time to get on Qld to win the series to duplicate last years result

Qld didn't get the bounce of the ball but the best side on the night won .

Chambers has to go ,   He cost Qld dearly tonight both in attack and defence .
Slater's replacement was ordinary .
Makes for a good Origin 2 ....   With Slater in, It will be a different ball game .
The final scores were about right .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:34am
 Both captains went in with question marks - both were outstanding.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 1:56am
I watched a different SOO game to the rest of you.
That or my appointment with the ophthalmologist next week is over due.

NSW won with a team of debutantes.

Qld's try in the 2nd half had 2 forward passes. But, NSW scored off a forward pass too.

Greg Inglis is getting dirtier as he gets older, as they do. The tackle when he tried to lift his team by standing offside and slamming the NSW player just as he got the ball was a sin bin offense. A professional foul.
But no, he's Greg Inglis you can't do that. Several times throughout the game I thought he would be penalised but, it is SOO not NRL and the referees in the 2nd half let Qld get away with murder.

NSW with a more even handed refereeing display will smash Qld in Sydney.
Yes the penalty count went against Qld tonight, but only because they offended the most.

Chambers should be given the season for lifting his knee to Cooks groin.
But no it won't happen.
He is as dirty a player as there has ever been and needs to be suspended long term to stop the rot.

Best player = De Belin.
Tackled like his life depended on it while he was out there. He'll get more game time next game. I hope.

Did I mention I'm seeing an ophthalmologist next week?
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 9:04am
I might need to see my ophthalmologist as well Scamanda. NSW dominated the game and always looked to be traveling like winners with Qld needing to find something that just wasn't there to get home. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 9:20am
I did find that Qld try amusing. The Moloney to Mitchell pass is called forward and in the very set following it there are 2 passes clearly more forward that lead to a try.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 9:31am
It as quite simple really. Aside from Kafusi the qld pack offered nothing. They are a big bopper short.
Matt Scott will be straight back in if he has a decent game this week. Papalli has to start as well
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:08am
As Scamanda stated above, some of you blokes where watching a different game (including himself). If Qld didn't have the more punishing defence ill be a monkeys uncle (& I would have preferred to have kept my family out of it). And can someone pls explain how Trovoic's try wasn't a double movement (as Morgan was going on about). He leaped into the air - came down in the field of play with the ball touching the ground - Qld hands all over him - & he lifts the ball up & promotes it across the line. It was not momentum that's for sure. Oh - & the 3m forward pass into the corner try. If NSW were penalised as they should have been when Gagai "lost" the ball the game changes completely - would have been a penalty 9 out of ten times in any normal match. And yes - I am a touch dirty !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:15am
Because at the moment he promoted the ball there was no Queenslanders hand on him

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:19am
Ha - what a fudge photo. When he started to promote the ball there were hangs on him - which constitutes a double movement. Watch the replay
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:19am
Hands as well !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:21am
I did watch it at the time and was skeptical on first viewing, but when it went upstairs and they replayed it from different angles I couldn't see a hand clearly on him, and the bunker obviously couldn't either so it upheld the on-field decision.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:24am
& the penalty count was 4 to 1 AGAINST QLD - so NSW were hardly hard done by ! Make a group booking with that eye doctor will you Scamanda - & get him to check for colour blindness while your at it !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:35am
So Inglis wasn't 5m offside when he illegally hit Trbojevic?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:22am

So Inglis wasn't 5m offside when he illegally hit Trbojevic?

If it had been Trump getting flattened you wouldn't have said a word .
   Great to see the analysis making a price for us Maroons next time.

With Qld's backbone on the sidelines I felt NSW were not convincing enough to be Fav in Origin 2.

One for me to trade up on .   During that game I kept saying ,   what massive overs QLD ..   Didn't work out that way and I had greened up on both for a little.

The improvement is in Qld with Slater in. Chambers out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

& the penalty count was 4 to 1 AGAINST QLD - so NSW were hardly hard done by ! Make a group booking with that eye doctor will you Scamanda - & get him to check for colour blindness while your at it !

So if 1 penalty each cancels each other out and one was clear cut, you think the game was decided on 2 penalties?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 38>