Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2020 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 56>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:42am
They did, I just bet straight on on Betfair..$1,43. Was concerned over Souths home and away record over chooks(won last 3) so no handicap bet. Also took $8 Roosters for another flag. Could trade out at any time though 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:15am
My initial thoughts on Thursday were that i liked the change. Already starting to doubt that now. Had a real Auckland Nines feel about it last night. A game for the zip zip men. How bad did that ex-raiders log (Shannon Boyd) look when they brought him on for a few spells last night !
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:17am
Think someone like Cameron Smith will struggle as well. His game is all about ensuring structure. Much harder now.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:19am
Will suit tall , fast , athletic players with good ball skills. Like Izzy for example.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:21am
They are dumb to change the rules of this game, under the prevailing conditions. Bad timing, it should have been trialled in pre-season games, or whatever, not brought in "cold". I question the motives behind it, it seems to me to be part of an attempt to split the game into quarters. At the moment, the game isn't engaging me, with the fake crowd noise another bit of silliness as well.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:26am
Good to see a couple of regular TBV members pay the $22 to get their cardboard cut-outs on a seat.Just look for a couple of blokes next to each decked out in clown suits.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:31am
& back to Latrell. Whilst he had a few bright lights his overall contribution was average at best. He is a lazy player - always has been - always will be. And fullback is not a position that will tolerate that. Johnson does not deserve to be on the wing because of him that's for sure.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Who is Lattrell? How good was Josh Morris, and how well did he slot straight into the backline with his brother Brett, Joey Manu and Toops?Clap

Josh Morris, brought to you courtesy of ASADA. Well done ASADA.Clap 6 months to get the result of a blood test.Shocked
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:33am
Credit where credit is due. The Roosters know when to let a player go. Rarely wrong !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:36am
I also noticed the ten-metres seems no longer to be enforced, this game has suffered over the years from rules "creep", no more obvious than in the descent of the scrum into a farce. I would also say going back to one ref, at the same time as rules have changed to speed up play, is an obvious clanger. I am amazed there is so little seeming push-back to these changes, but it appears no-one wants to be a party pooper, when the desperation to get the game back in at least some form, rules the day.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:41am
We have now seen absolute extremes over the past few years. Remember the penalty farce when attacking the try line a few seasons back. 40 plus penalties in a game. That was as bad as it could get from a supporter perspective. So compared to that i suppose we have moved forward.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:43am
and gee the AFL are dragging the chain. First game on the 11th. Not that anyone up this way could give a hoot about it. Played by neanderthals
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:46am
I only ever watch the AFL at the International & State Of Origin level anyway
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:49am
There has been lots of dicking around with rules, the game is completely different to what it was a generation ago, for better or worse. The interchange rules not least, in affecting the whole complexion of it.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:51am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Will suit tall , fast , athletic players with good ball skills. Like Izzy for example.

AFL should have when in his physical prime too. Just sayin' Embarrassed
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:53am
Finally - a bloody bite. Sheesh LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:53am
Only took 9 posts LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:54am

Good to see a couple of regular TBV members pay the $22 to get their cardboard cut-outs on a seat.Just look for a couple of blokes next to each decked out in clown suits.

A few people on the socials asking that after it being featured last night. Where did you get yours?

By the way in Japan they tried blow up sex dolls because they looked more real that cardboard.

Maybe our resident plastic fantastic aficionado could explain the differences.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:55am
The canned crowd noise is a great addition. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:57am
We can see Souths are not better under Bennett than with Seebold, and the Broncos little different for the swap. The thing that separates teams in this comp is the maintenance of intensity for the full 80 minutes, if that can't be maintained as a team, you are road kill.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 9:59am
Poor old George Burgess looked totally lost last night without his thug brother telling him who to headbutt and gouge.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:01am

The canned crowd noise is a great addition. 

You are easily amused.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:06am
AFL like it and are using it. A lot better than like when you are watching under 20's games with nobody there and no sound. NRL have done it very well lifting and falling with attacking movements and backing off with quiet sections or breaks in play.

How many times did you actually stop and think ''that really annoys me'' when it was no different to when they had an actual crowd?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:08am
I wonder how older players like Cam Smith will adapt to a game with fewer interruptions, the callers on Nine noted that the game duration is now noticeably shorter. The refs barely call time off.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 11:10am

Poor old George Burgess looked totally lost last night without his thug brother telling him who to headbutt and gouge.

He did didnt he Thumbs Up
And Latrell (Wink) is that bloke the Rooters punted , and they are well shed of him too. 
Just FYI, PT, I backed the Rooters too.Big smile
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 11:22am
Good on you AA. Cant go broke backing winners, and Chooks are winners. Big smileThumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 2:03pm
Well, they were last night at least.  Clap
To be honest,  I only backed them on a omen bet, as the neighbour,s rooster has been driving me nuts lately.  Bloody thing never shuts up. Angry
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 2:04pm
PS.  At least now he has something to crow about.
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

They are dumb to change the rules of this game, under the prevailing conditions. Bad timing, it should have been trialled in pre-season games, or whatever, not brought in "cold". I question the motives behind it, it seems to me to be part of an attempt to split the game into quarters. At the moment, the game isn't engaging me, with the fake crowd noise another bit of silliness as well.

Sorry maxy but 5 games in you’ve got this wrong. It’s been wonderful footy👍
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:28pm

I only ever watch the AFL at the International & State Of Origin level anyway

👏👏👏👏👏
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 56>