Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2019 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Oh that's right 2002, I missed that.

Shows what can be done with a great management structure, astute buying and a good culture. And all with a tiny juniors area.Thumbs Up

Those who consistently fail whinge and moan, but do nothing to improve themselves.

Sorry Passing, but good culture!

So being sexual with a strangers dog, showing disrespect for the team when playing for N.S.W, videoing sexual acts, in a competition, and having a captain who in the past has had his own issues with women.

Yep, I am sure that Laurie would love his son to play there.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 2:52pm
Those things happened despite the culture of the club, not because of it, by young people on the drink.

No club is immune from bad behavior by a few, especially in the rare environment those young men find themselves in.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

PointsBet NRL promo for rounds 1-6 is up by 4+ at half time you win. Thursday & Friday games first $250 bet.
Suspect this can be easily beaten. Will advise when I finalise my strategy.

And now I notice SportsBet have a promo up by 6+ at half time and you win.

I think we all know how this one is going down!

Currently compiling the stats on this play and it’s fair to say it’s going to be goooood!

Up to the end of rd12 last year (96 matches) a team has led by 6 or more at HT and gone on to lose on 12 occasions. Lead by 4+ and lose was 14 occasions.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 4:42pm

PointsBet NRL promo for rounds 1-6 is up by 4+ at half time you win. Thursday & Friday games first $250 bet.

Currently compiling the stats on this play and it’s fair to say it’s going to be goooood!

Up to the end of rd12 last year (96 matches) a team has led by 6 or more at HT and gone on to lose on 12 occasions. Lead by 4+ and lose was 14 occasions.

Full season stats for 2018:

201 games
Lead by 4+ @HT & lose = 32 times (15.9% of games)
Lead by 6+ @HT & lose = 24 times (11.9% of games)

While both PointsBet & SportsBet are running these promos suggest backing one team with one book and the other with another book to return the same amount. You’ll be risking around $10 per game. When it hits you will make anywhere from around 18-1 to 25-1 on your money.

You’re welcome.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 4:43pm
$10 risk per game based on a $100 bet on the underdog.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 4:49pm
What odds are they betting about:

(a) premiers other than the Storm getting done for salary cap infringements but not losing the title; and
(b) Storm as premiers getting done for salary cap infringements and losing the title?

Because there should be a huge price difference about the two.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

A better option would be 2 8 team conferences, play your own conference twice and the other once, half at home, half away with the alternate match ups the next year, finals top 2 from each conference with the next four made up of the best 4 records.

No way they could go to a full home and away scehdule, that's 30 rounds plus finals, add in end of season representative games, extra weeks to allow byes, origin and the elite players would barely get a break before starting the next season.

ditch the SOO and it could be done, to play each team twice. SOO is just a marketing beat-up and a prospective injury-maker. I hate our players being picked. 

SOO has also brought about the virtual demise of the test match series. I much preferred to watch us play the Poms than to see my own players beat up on their team-mates. 

Dead

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 6:17pm
More chance of me nailing Miranda Kerr then ditching Origin 😂
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 12:26am
Given the match fee players get for playing an origin there's no chance they'll agree to scrap it either, bit of a clanger there jj
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 7:29am
SOO is the showpiece of Rugby League, the day they can that is the day RL dies
EAD
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 8:18am
The AFL certainly wish they could have origin themselves and I'm sure other sports would love to have a similar product as well.

Absolutely laughable that suggestion, especially to scrap it for more club games and test matches, that would cost the game millions.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 8:59am
SOO 1 was the top rating tv show nationally in 2018 with 3.44 million viewers
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

The AFL certainly wish they could have origin themselves and I'm sure other sports would love to have a similar product as well.

Absolutely laughable that suggestion, especially to scrap it for more club games and test matches, that would cost the game millions.

You are right Afros!

I seem to remember something about the UEFA organisation wanting to play a European vs South America match where players playing in Europe but having been born in SA would represent that team being talked about in the 1990's.

The stumbling block was the clubs who were willing to let their players play, but wanted too much compensation, that the game was not viable financially.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 7:30am
at last its back! first game tonight is a cracker. Siebold will want to start with a win and storm playing first time without slater and hoffman. Slater was brilliant and Hoffman was the old head that guided the forwards so both will be missed badly.
think the broncos will be too good
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:50am
Think the Broncos will be too good but with Cam Smith steering the team around and Bellamy the best coach in the game you never know.

Broncos 1-12
EAD
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:07am
I’m interested to see what the new coach does with 5he Broncs
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:11am
Shame they can't both lose.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:21am

201 games

While both PointsBet & SportsBet are running these promos suggest backing one team with one book and the other with another book to return the same amount. You’ll be risking around $10 per game. When it hits you will make anywhere from around 18-1 to 25-1 on your money.

You’re welcome.

Going to focus mainly on playing the higher scoring games with this one. We also have the same promo with BetEasy now (lead by 6+) so adds some additional flexibility.

Kicking this off tonight:

Storm $127@1.73 with PointsBet
Broncos $100@2.2 with BetEasy
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Shame they can't both lose.

How droll lol, ...hope storm give em a flogging , I dislike a coach who walks early , we shall see.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 1:49pm

201 games

You’re welcome.

Going to focus mainly on playing the higher scoring games with this one. We also have the same promo with BetEasy now (lead by 6+) so adds some additional flexibility.

So ideally you want a team to lead by 6+ then to lose?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

201 games

You’re welcome.

So ideally you want a team to lead by 6+ then to lose?

Correct.
Stats show that this will occur at more than twice as often as required to be profitable. Based on betting $100 on the underdog I calculate an expected profit of approx $15 per game.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:05pm
This is f#@king ridiculous.

The time that the game is supposed to start, is 7.50pm. Kids have school and people need to work tomorrow, what the f#@k is the hold up.

This is another reason why not as many people watch the NRL on television.

F#@king Fox Sports!

I.R Pissed    
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:12pm
Storm by more than enough. Slater replacement shines.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

This is f#@king ridiculous.

The time that the game is supposed to start, is 7.50pm. Kids have school and people need to work tomorrow, what the f#@k is the hold up.

This is another reason why not as many people watch the NRL on television.

F#@king Fox Sports!

I.R Pissed    

Are you new to watching the NRL?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:41am

201 games

You’re welcome.

No good last night. Looked a possibility briefly in the 2nd half but not to be.
Will play both matches tonight as well. Haven’t got in yet but same sort of numbers.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 6:02pm
C'mon Knights , sock it to em.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

C'mon Knights , sock it to em.

Well done boys you were the better team imo, now the roosters too showy for the bunnies but hope they play well for the old guru, evens GI makes it past half time , doubt it, big watch on Latrell M. he's a star.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:59pm
Not long to wait for the first video ref blunder of the season.

I am 100%, hands down guaranteeing you, that there is now ay the Sharks try was a penalty try.

Katoa was running straight and the ball skidded on and took a huge right turn into the path of Dugan.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:28pm
In the second half Cordner went over but was short, Burgess rakes the ball out, the ball goes forward, and yet Souths get the tap restart from the 20.

Am I missing something? The Roosters should have had a scrum feed ten metres out!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:42pm
I'm flicking between the game and movie on sbs, but I thought it was deemed a knock on by cordener .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>