Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2019 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NRL 2019 Season
    Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:22pm
Alright Mayor has put the AFL one up and so I thought I would do the rugby league thread, so here go my pre-season comments.

Brisbane. They will go okay, but they will miss the eight. I have them 11th
Canberra. Have got the talent to make the eight, but have several weaknesses to overcome, the major one being fade outs late in their matches. I have them 7th.
Canterbury. Sorry dogs fans but they are my wooden spoon favs. They need Foran playing all season, and some help for Jackson in the forward pack, which I can not see Napa supplying. 16th
Gold Coast. They have built a good squad. They are one of the few teams that could have two or three injuries in the forwards and backs and still perform at their best. Addition of Kelly from Manly, Tyrone Peachey and Shannon Boyd give them a dangerous side, with experience. 6th.
Manly. Have quality and any team with the Trbjovic brothers and Evans are a team that can go along way, but they need help. 14th.
Melbourne. Every year we say they are ready to fall off the pace, and all the evidence I have suggests the same again, but while ever they have Bellamy as coach they are a top eight side. 5th.
New Zealand. Not sure how they made the finals last season, but no chance this year. Losing Johnson is not that bad, but the younger guys need to step up and help Harris, Luke and Blake Green. 13th.
Newcastle. Just like Gold Coast, they have a very good squad with depth. If Pierce and Ponga play the season, they are top four morals. 3rd
North Queensland. Not sure here. Having Morgan take the reigns will be beneficial. Any team where you lose Thurston will dip in ability, but they can win matches with Morgan in charge. 12th.
Cronulla. They have a team that can win enough matches to make the eight but that is as far as they will go 8th.
Roosters. Will start a logical favorite, but have to overcome the curse of the back to back premierships. 1st.
Souths Sydney. For me it all depends on how the players respond to the old man. If the Burgess boys can keep everyone happy, they will go well, but if some of the players start doubting Bennetts strategy, they are in trouble. 10th.
StGeorge-Illawarra. My tip for the premiership. Just thought some of the players who achieved a bit last year, faded late in the season. With that experience under their belt, they can pace their effort this year. How the coach plays Corey Norman is vital, and the De Belin issue will make it harder if he is missing for the season, but they have a good forward pack, some good young outside backs and with Widdup leaving at the end of the season they will want to send him out on a high.2nd
Parramatta. Can not see much improvement. Have lost Hayne and Norman, who were not putting the effort in, but it places all the creative and organisation on the shoulders of Moses, and while he has the ability to do the job, his actions have been inconsistent. 15th.
Penrith. With all the coacing nonsense out of the way, and Gus just concentrating on his channel nine, gig, sorry I could not keep a straight face saying that, this team should be a top four hope, however they have a young team and even with Maloney there, who they seem to want to move on, things could go pear shaped. 4th.
Wests. I like the look of this team, however they are one of the teams who can not afford any injuries. Packer and Matulino up fornt, with good ability outwide. Farrah, Marshall and Reynolds have the experience and Mbye and Masters give them finishing ability out wide. Could surprise. 9th.

N.S.W to win the origin.

Dragons to play the Roosters in the grand final.

Dragons = premiers.

Ponga to win the Dally M.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 12:07am
NRL season is fast approaching

Rorters - Will be the team to beat again this year,but the pressure of going back to back is a tough ask, I'm sure Uncle Nick will pay someone off at headquarters to help the cause though.

Storm - They will be there again, every year people doubt those Mexicans but every year they keep finding

Broncos - I like the pack, best young forwards in the comp, if the forwards fire, look out in September.

Cowboys - Like the Broncos , the Cows have a strong pack with McGuire joining in the off season, Morgan running the show will see them have a strong showing in September

Knights - I like the addition of Klemmer to the team along with young Ramien, Ponga is the best player in the comp and once he and Pearce click, look out

Souths - Will be thereabouts but has the spark finally gone with Bennett, time will tell

Dragons - Good forwards and good backs, just keep your pants on Jack DeBelin and worry about footy, coach Mary at some stage will be under the pump, but he seems to get the best from his players when he is under pressure.

Cronulla - All hangs on Fifitta who is a gun, Gal should have retired years ago when he won the comp but he is greedy peptide, Josh Dugan also needs to stay injure free.

Raiders - Lost too many big forwards and will struggle, Ricky will blame the refs per usual.

Parra - not much is expected but they have gained a few decent forwards which they lacked last year,might surprise a few but 6/7 need to step up.

Tigers - Madge is a quality coach and needs to fix the attack, defence was good last year but attack was woeful.

Titans - Not many give the Titans a hope but they have built nicely in the off season, will surprise a few teams

Dogs - Coach pay is finally fixing all the crap left behind from Des, he is building the team nicely but don't expect any finals footy.

Manly - Turbo, Jake and Tapau hold the key, also with Des returning to his happy place, he won't be screwing over Manly like he did with the Dogs.

Penrith - Man of his word Ivan Cleary finally heads home, has a quality young half but the forwards need to fire

Warriors - good luck

EAD
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 8:02am
Voyager I have no idea how you have the Broncos pegged to finish 11th, they have a talented young forward pack, Matt Gillett coming back who barely played last season, strike weapons in the outside backs, they may not have the best halves but McCullough is one of the best 9s in the competition. They'll be on the top 8 again unfortunately.

I agree with TIGER, the Rorters will go back to back.

The NRL needs some revamping, the 3rd party agreements provide favourable conditions only for certain clubs, uneven distribution of talent, need to bring a common draft back in, bugger what Terry Hill did, if your fan of a club like the Tigers or Titans you know your club will eventually have any talented players hoovered up by clubs like the Rorters and Broncos, it's a joke.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 10:48am
Hoping for another PointsBet pay as a winner if your team scores 20+ Type promo again this season. Will be happy to crush them again for everyone’s enjoyment. They may have banned my previous account in the finals last year but I have another one ready to go!
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 10:22am
Manly gone before the season starts, Turbo out for 4 - 6 weeks, they are utter rubbish without him
EAD
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 6:49pm
Roosters premiers again
Titans the big improvers
Got a feeling warriors will struggle
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 7:01pm
Did anyone mention we have yet another partner bashing, this time allegedly by Dylan Walker? 

His partner has possibly withdrawn her complaint, maybe lest their offspring have no means of support.  or alternatively because she doesn't welcome another smack or two in the mouth or abdomen.  Or both.

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 9:02pm
Walker got hammered ages ago with that, but yes the GF is protecting that trash
EAD
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Did anyone mention we have yet another partner bashing, this time allegedly by Dylan Walker? 

His partner has possibly withdrawn her complaint, maybe lest their offspring have no means of support.  or alternatively because she doesn't welcome another smack or two in the mouth or abdomen.  Or both.

The women who call cops and make these complaints, and then back down, should be charged with time and money wasting.  Taking up court time , and wasting police time . You make the complaint and get the cops and ambos to you, you either follow thru and show just what a jerk he is, and if you dont, you get charged.
Put up or shut up.   And cop it ,  if it means so much to you to be seen on the arm of some neanderthal.
animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 9:24pm
PS, claiming support for kids is a cop out.  These blokes are always going to have to pay child support, so maybe its her spending money she is more concerned about.
animals before people.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 9:54pm
Says a lot about the summer the NRL has had when the Jarryd Hayne incident has just fallen to the wayside under the avalanche of more recent incidents.

Does the AFL face anything remotely as bad as this, or are Rugby League players just generally idiots?
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:31pm
GF prob withdrew complaint when she saw what has happened to Barba. Curtis Scott punched Walker out didn't he? What a legend lol
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Says a lot about the summer the NRL has had when the Jarryd Hayne incident has just fallen to the wayside under the avalanche of more recent incidents.

Does the AFL face anything remotely as bad as this, or are Rugby League players just generally idiots?

Rest assured the AFL players are no better
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:47am
In the court the neighbour said she asked the GF if she wanted to come in her house and Walker told her and her husband to mind their own f#@king business.

If I as that girls. family, I would be forcefully taking her on a holiday and getting her as far away as possible from this guy!

Just on the football and my OP, the teams from 6th to 12th are not separated by much, so injuries will play a part on who finishes where.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:02pm
It is being suggested De Bellin will be suspended indefinitely, Dylan Walker for up to 3 months, press conference scheduled for midday AEDT yet to start over an hour later.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 1:28pm
First question is what was DeBelin doing naked with another guy in a girls apartment they just met?

Secondly, why was he even in the situation when he had a pregnant partner at home?

If found guilty, get rid of him out of the game and his partner should give him the flick too, nothing but a grub

EAD
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 2:09pm
I just hope Dylan Walker gets his tomorrow because if not it's ok to drag a woman by the hair and belt her up in front of a child

NRL should throw the book at him too
EAD
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 3:08pm
I always take Nanny with me when I go nightclubbing so there is witness.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 12:34pm
Tiggers massive rorters, CEO banned, Roosters clean.

No surprises there Thumbs Up

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg hands out hefty sanctions over integrity issues

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 12:41pm
The game has become a joke, look at yesterday's press conference, started over an hour after scheduled time, I thought Union was the version with an amateur history?
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 12:54pm
The NRL couldn't run a chook raffle

And the Roosters are still gonna Rort with the silly TPAs
EAD
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm
The NRL for some reason released each clubs third party number for last season, surely nothing to do with the Roosters winning the comp with a loaded squad.

Basically it suggested that the Roosters have only $200k in TPAs, behind half the competition, Betoota Advocate couldn't do better satire.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 7:24pm

Deja Vu all over again.  Shocked

NRL rocked as yet another sex tape emerges.  Just hours after Bulldogs prop Dylan Napa was slapped with a $50,000 fine for his “Big Papi” sex tapes, a fresh video emerged on social media involving a player.

The Herald has chosen not to name the player because he can only be identified in the video by a tattoo on his forearm.

Still, the integrity unit says it is investigating the issue while the club in question has decided to rest the player from a trial match this weekend.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

<h1 style="-sizing: inherit; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.16667; font-family: "Abril Titling Bold", "Book Antiqua", Palatino, "Palatino Lino", "Palatino LT STD", Georgia, serif; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border: 0px; color: rgb10, 22, 51;"><font size="3" style="font-weight: normal;">Deja Vu all over again.  Shocked</h1>
<font size="3" style="font-weight: normal;">
<h1 style="-sizing: inherit; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.16667; font-family: "Abril Titling Bold", "Book Antiqua", Palatino, "Palatino Lino", "Palatino LT STD", Georgia, serif; font-size: 3rem; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border: 0px; color: rgb10, 22, 51;">NRL rocked as yet another sex tape emerges.  Just hours after Bulldogs prop Dylan Napa was slapped with a $50,000 fine for his “Big Papi” sex tapes, a fresh video emerged on social media involving a player.</h1><p style="-sizing: inherit; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: "PT Serif", Georgia, Times, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border: 0px; color: rgb10, 22, 51;">

<p style="-sizing: inherit; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: "PT Serif", Georgia, Times, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; margin: 0px 0px 24px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border: 0px; color: rgb10, 22, 51;">The <em style="-sizing: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border: 0px;">Herald has chosen not to name the player because he can only be identified in the video by a tattoo on his forearm.

<p style="-sizing: inherit; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-variant-east-asian: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: "PT Serif", Georgia, Times, "Times New Roman", serif; font-size: 18px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; border: 0px; color: rgb10, 22, 51;">Still, the integrity unit says it is investigating the issue while the club in question has decided to rest the player from a trial match this weekend.

I’m hearing that the woman in this latest video is Mark Geyer’s daughter. An interesting development!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 8:44am
Only two teams can win as I see it- Roosters and Broncos. That's probably the way bookies see it too- haven't checked.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:15am
Tyrone Phillips and Liam Coleman named as the 2 Penrith players in the newest sex tape.

A picture was posted yesterday of Mark Geyer's daughter. He apparently went off on twitter saying it was not her in the video, before deleting his tweet last night.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:27am
When I search for Mark Geyer + daughter it shows me this.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:35am
Dark hair.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:35am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 9:37am
These two will not play NRL again if what is being reported about violence against her in the videos is correct.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 30>