Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 39>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 3:36pm
The Titans seem to have a loyal fan base, God knows why, the management has been awful. And getting Hayne shows that.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 6:14pm
Newcastle was always the only club that made sense to me for Pearce. They are the only club that actually needs to spend big on players, so they were always going to pay top dollar. And they are the club where he will be the halfback and will call the shots.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 6:28pm
Good to see Hayne go back to the Eels.
He thrived there before and will again.

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

With Roosters Shaun Kenny Dowall, Aiden Guerra and Connor Watson already there, they should change their name to the Northern Roosters. 

Are you serious? Kenny Dowall is a has been, never heard of Connor Watson, and Aiden Guerra is the most over rated player in the NRL.

Time Newcastle got a new coach. Newy don't need these cast offs.

I don't mind pierce going there because he is a game winner , despite what JT says. But the others are just gunnas.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Good to see Hayne go back to the Eels.
He thrived there before and will again.

He will be productive....but that's about it. His whole style of play has changed. Likes to see himself as a finesse player theses days...& falls short imo !
Refer ALP Election Promises
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 7:00pm
I think he's in the top 3 players in the game when coached right oneone.
Now he's away from the Titans he can return to his best.

Some of the things he did in the World Cup were amazing to watch. Often it was just a run and pass that turned the defense off guard and leading to a try.

At five eight he was out of position too. At fullback he can shine.

I'll take him at Newy.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2017 at 7:46pm
Titans, Eels, 49'ers, Fiji 7's, Tongan lawn bowls, the Christ fest....

Whatever way you look at it he has close to zero personal credibility, and more importantly no allegiance to anyone or anything other than his own ego.  Cruels the coach up north and then leaves the cub bereft in a totally despicable defect.  

A total pox on him for mine and suspect most others apart from Eels supporters would whole-heartedly agree.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 1:13pm
I notice Hayne's former partner and mother of his daughter, says she will continue to reside in Forster, after Hayne declared he wanted to go to Sydney to be nearer to the child. A lot closer that the Gold Coast I suppose.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I notice Hayne's former partner and mother of his daughter, says she will continue to reside in Forster, after Hayne declared he wanted to go to Sydney to be nearer to the child. A lot closer that the Gold Coast I suppose.

Haynes company has been questioned recently.       . A disruptive force me thinks & not a good investment anywhere.
Past it , long ago.
The Titans have done themselves a favour.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:04pm
I notice Sterlo does not seem that excited by his return.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:06pm
He's only doing what most others do.

Look at Brad Thorn.
Rugby League for the Broncos, Qld, Australia, and New Zealand.
Rugby Union for New Zealand.

Then there's Tony Carrol did the same except he didn't play union for NZ.

Probably a very long list.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:09pm
Has he tried darts yet?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:11pm
I think most fans would prefer a little more continuity in the playing groups, but maybe that is just my preference.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:12pm
cue the headlnes : "brad arthurs private meeting with hayne that brought him back to the eels".

"arthurs phone call that gave hayne an nrl lifeline".

titans big winners.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:15pm

I think most fans would prefer a little more continuity in the playing groups, but maybe that is just my preference.

Absolutely. tribalism is almost dead in nrl and thats what was in its dna. players have been coming and going for 100 years bit nothing like todays "market".

ever heard a player or official interviewed re: player transfer and not mention "well, its a business these days..."

maybe thats tbe problem...the fans realise its a business.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:19pm

I notice Sterlo does not seem that excited by his return.

noted

the best clue to how hayne is amongst the playing group was his former captain nathan hindmarsh...a few times, even as captain he made it known jarrod was up himself and not consistent enough.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">With Roosters Shaun Kenny Dowall, Aiden Guerra and Connor Watson already there, they should change their name to the Northern Roosters. 

Are you serious? Kenny Dowall is a has been, never heard of Connor Watson, and Aiden Guerra is the most over rated player in the NRL.

Time Newcastle got a new coach. Newy don't need these cast offs.

I don't mind pierce going there because he is a game winner , despite what JT says. But the others are just gunnas.

connor watson is a game breaker. very quick and good vision.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 8:48pm
I miss the days when the locals all played for the local club.
The last time Newy kept their own locals they ended up with Chief Harrigan and the Johns brothers, and 2 premierships.

Being a Newy fan is bloody hard these days.

But at least we don't buy premierships like the Broncos, Cowboys and Roosters.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 8:49pm
And Melbourne.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 8:54pm
All local kiddies coming home? Coached by local boy Nathan Brown?

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 9:04pm

All local kiddies coming home? Coached by local boy Nathan Brown?

I'd much prefer to keep the locals. How many did we lose?
Why but a bunch of has beens when you can improve the local talent?

Don't start me on Nathan Brown.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 9:07pm
Outs: Dane Gagai (Rabbitohs), Rory Kostjasyn (retired), Sam Mataora (retired), Mickey Paea (Hull FC), Anthony Tupou (retired), Joe Wardle (Castleford Tigers), Josh Starling (retired), Jack Stockwell (released), Pauli Pauli (released), Jaelen Feeney (released), Peter Mata'utia (Leigh Centurions), David Bhana (released), Tyler Randell (Wakefield Trinity), Chanel Mata'utia (released)
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 9:20pm
Jack Stockwell (released)Jaelen Feeney (released) ABOUT TIME Clap

Chanel Mata'utia (released)Peter Mata'utia (Leigh Centurions) SPEND SOME BLOODY MONEY AND KEEP THEM Thumbs Down
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2017 at 9:22pm
Newcastle made Dane Gagai and paid him well.
I hope he chokes on his new contract. It'd be big enough
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 5:29pm
Any thoughts on tonite's game fellas?..would the ground be a 4 or 5 , a little softish could even things up a little methinks.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 5:37pm
Slightly affected, shouldn't affect much. 17.5 points start, it would be unbearable if Bennett got the win.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 8:28pm

Slightly affected, shouldn't affect much. 17.5 points start, it would be unbearable if Bennett got the win.

I'm barracking for the Poms.           .   Mother England is still in the hearts of my generation.
Unlike Turnbull , We are against this Republic crap.

Can you imagine what would happen if forces Loyal to Turnbull and those Loyal to Shorten would do if we were a Republic.
Civil war for sure.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 9:28pm
Bennett's Poms acquitting themselves well.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 9:35pm
Poms finishing hard !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2017 at 9:55pm
Good game, and nothing between them, the poms were a very fit team.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 39>