Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 39>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 6:50pm
Hoping Broncos get pounded tonight. Had abused a UBET inflated odds promo. Storm 13+ @$3
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Righto you league lovers any lateral thinkers out there in league land? The usual suspects to shine imo, broncos will give it their all and the score MAY be close lol, young Munster to shine, will be a good watch.

hoping broncos win but not seeing it.

their semi final form so far is lengths off their games v nth qld during the regular season. if they can get some of that form back, they'l give the storm all they can handle. if they play like they did v roosters and penrith they'l get lappped.

ben hunt 1st & last try scorer - $31 for each.

herman eseese last try scorer- $81.

Herman eseese to score a try -$14.

Just for fun.

Well Bol Cabo, digressing played the Johnny Cash number, stirring and patriotic eh.

its a good little rendition 👍
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:40pm
Shame they can't both lose tonight 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 7:57pm
Storm by plenty in their two remaining games.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:38pm
Boyd was a passenger for the Broncos, pretty silly playing him tonight. The game always looked likely to open up in the second half, Brisbane needed early points to be a chance. No excuses.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Hoping Broncos get pounded tonight. Had abused a UBET inflated odds promo. Storm 13+ @$3

No lube used in that second half.

Lovely.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 9:57pm
The succession of late shots on Cronk not a good look for the Broncos.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

JT put up with this for years, drawing your man before you release as late as is part and parcel of this strategy, but you do need eyes in the back of your head, St George had a player who protected halves " Poppa Clay" and woe betide any who took out Billy Smith or Bobby Bugden, one of the best I ever saw.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 10:26pm
The Broncos, with the odd exception, were a pretty clean-playing side in the past, they have gone on an excursion to grubsville with some of the complement more recently.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 11:28pm
Adam Blairs game has gone to crap since he left the Storm, he is a total grub and good luck to the Warriors next year.
EAD
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2017 at 11:34pm

Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

JT put up with this for years, drawing your man before you release as late as is part and parcel of this strategy, but you do need eyes in the back of your head, St George had a player who protected halves " Poppa Clay" and woe betide any who took out Billy Smith or Bobby Bugden, one of the best I ever saw.

Your no spring chicken , Croca .    Poppa Clay goes back a long time.

Harry Wells , Gasnier etc .        . Different game today , so much faster.
Bronco's did well early tonight but the try on half time ended their chances .     Either team could have led at the break .     The second half a procession .    Boyd wasn't right .
Billy Slater is the man.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 7:06am
I wasn't that impressed with the Storm, theyre not over the line yet. One week off was huge, Broncs ran out of gas.

Can see same result tonight. Roosters by 26
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Adam Blairs game has gone to crap since he left the Storm, he is a total grub and good luck to the Warriors next year.

Mr Filth, how does that sound tiger? that's what I call him.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:28am

Spot on, he would be the driver of the filth bus
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 11:27am
The Broncos were able to advance to the 20m line on numerous occasions, then appeared to have no plan, no set plays, just one-out barging that produces tries rarely. The only time they looked likely was spinning the ball wide, but fumbled it repeatedly. Tonight will hopefully be a better spectacle, I don't see any score blowout like last night, the Cowboys do not throw in the towel, on recent indications.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:11pm
Roosters lack ticker. Only the Cowboys have any hope of beating Melbourne !
Refer ALP Election Promises
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:20pm

Spot on, he would be the driver of the filth bus

Surely he gets rubbed out after the shoulder charge into Cronk's back.
Might miss a few rep games for the Kiwis? 

He's lower than a grub. Simply goes out there with the intention of doing someone harm.
And he was given that freedom by Wayne Bennett. What a pity they can't rub him out for a few games.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I doubt the Cowboys will get a chance.
The Roosters should put them away tonight without any problem.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:32pm
Bronco's could have led Storm easily at half time had they finished off a few of the many chances they had .
One must think Storm but I thought that last year and lost a lot of well earned .
The year before I did my arz on the Bronco's .    I'm a shxt judge in recent years .   ON ANYTHING
Haven't backed so many losers since my 2 weddings.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 6:36pm
If the Cowboys can replicate the professionalism they displayed last week, this game will be well worth watching. Only an 80 minute team performance will win this game.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 7:44pm
Love to see a cowboys v storm GF, but I think roosters may be too slick, keen to watch Latrell again, if you have had a bet good luck.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:30pm
What a guts team, the Cowboys. And kudos to Morgan, who has filled the shoes of Thurston superbly.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

Deary me Scamanda....your normally a better judge than that. $3.20 money for jam. Only wish I'd taken 13plus.
Refer ALP Election Promises
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:32pm

LOL Or not.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:37pm
They will be going troppo in the North tonight !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:48pm

Deary me Scamanda....your normally a better judge than that. $3.20 money for jam. Only wish I'd taken 13plus.

Good call, 1-1. I backed them to win 6.5pts or more.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:56pm
Posession 58-42% 93 more tackles

You cant put yourself under that much pressure and win 
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 9:59pm
Cowboys too tough and too good.

roosters not good enough when it counted.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:14pm
Gutsy win Cowboys

Pearce MIA again

Morgan a star
EAD
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2017 at 10:21pm
The cowboys Wanted to win, the roosters Thought they would win, that's how it looked to me, so impressed they are tough boys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 39>