Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NRL 2017
    Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:11pm
Thought I would start this since the Roosters look good this year and Souths are hopeless LOL

Thanks for Keary Souths!

Broncos to beat Cows tonight and Storm to win in the wet against NZ.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:16pm
Roosters fullback got a bit of class for a young bloke, what's your take Heavy 10 ?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:19pm
Rooster centre?
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Roosters fullback got a bit of class for a young bloke, what's your take Heavy 10 ?

Guess your talking about Latrell Mitchell? The Inglis clone. Super strong for a 19yo, will only get better. That one on one steal was huge last night.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:37pm
Michael Gordon was bought for this year to play fullback to move Latrell Mitchell to the centres to take pressure off him. Enormous talent 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:48pm
And Kenny Edwards gets the NRL season off to its typical start:  

NRL player suspended indefinitely after admitting domestic assault

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 4:55pm
Maybe he should have contacted Mick Gatto's dispute settlement service rather than sorting it himselfEmbarrassed
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:02pm
  LOL

Though, like Essendon, the miscreant was probably just trying to keep matters "in-house".
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Michael Gordon was bought for this year to play fullback to move Latrell Mitchell to the centres to take pressure off him. Enormous talent 

Thanks PT, didn't realise they signed a new f/b, when I saw MG with the kicking duties
should have woke , ah well senior moments, your' s to come.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:38pm
In my usual tipping comp this year. Woeful start but still in the last man standing component. Went Warriors last week and the Roosters last night. 15 of 17 survived last week with 8 of those going Roosters last night.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:48pm

No doubt Mitchell has "enormous talent". Unfortunately he is an extremely lazy player with a tendency to put himself out of position in defence. His game revolves around speed / agility & he has a history of easily putting on weight.....something that I think will impact him . My prediction is that his NRL career will be relatively short ( max age 25 years ) !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:48pm

Thanks PT, didn't realise they signed a new f/b, when I saw MG with the kicking duties
should have woke , ah well senior moments, your' s to come.

Fun fact for us more mature members who remember her, young Latrell was born Latrell Goolagong and changed his surname along with his brothers to Mitchell(his father's name) after the family had a falling out with aunty Evonne 
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 5:58pm
gordon was also bought to solve the goal kicking y good player in his own right.

yep, latrell is lazy and needs to learn to stay in the game and position himself better at nrl level. he was lazy in holden cup as well apparently. natural talent.

roosters have talent and points in them all over the park. Game management and closing out a lead might be there problem. class side though, big improvers this year. where is dale copley? If not injured and cant make squad...send him over to saints. good tough kid with skill. needs to protect his melon and stop charging in to tackle with it in the wrong spot. his only vice.

dogs were good. have been beaten by two good sides. theyl get better and a win aint far off. they look a much better team this year despite the 0-2 record.
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:00pm
Warriors will win this, broncs will win in Brissie. Cowboys ordinary record at suncorp
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

No doubt Mitchell has "enormous talent". Unfortunately he is an extremely lazy player with a tendency to put himself out of position in defence. His game revolves around speed / agility & he has a history of easily putting on weight.....something that I think will impact him . My prediction is that his NRL career will be relatively short ( max age 25 years ) !

Interesting thoughts oneonesit, I will watch, had no idea on his quirks, I'm a fringe looker now, haven't stoically followed a team since Souths in the fifties, Churchill, Moir, big Jack,
and my favourite halfback Col Donahue fwiw.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:24pm
If you have seen Latrell's brothers you would think he missed out at the dinner table at home. Both signed with Roosters I believe, front rowers
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

If you have seen Latrell's brothers you would think he missed out at the dinner table at home. Both signed with Roosters I believe, front rowers

Might get a big " Artie" out of one of them you reckon?
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 6:54pm
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 8:12pm
Thanks heavy 10 , bit of brawn there, will watch.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:22pm

haven't stoically followed a team since Souths in the fifties, Churchill, Moir, big Jack,

Christ almighty mate. You have some mileage on you
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

haven't stoically followed a team since Souths in the fifties, Churchill, Moir, big Jack,

Christ almighty mate. You have some mileage on you

It's all there on my members page Shrunk in the Wash, always loved league , all sport for that matter, great memories.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:17pm
Another pearler of a game between broncs and cows.

herman ese'ese. put that kid in your blackbook.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 10:23pm
How about the forward passes!
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2017 at 2:56pm
Knights to beat Titans 1-12 @ $3.75, Jarryd Hayne to score 2+ tries @ $7.00
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 4:12am
Manly for the spoon
EAD
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2017 at 6:06pm
a week is a long time in the NRL...ask Penrith, Tigers, Newcastle and Souths...

don't think I'm going to hang around this chook-fest very long...Censored

and yes, Heavy, you are lucky with Keary...I was one of very few Rabbit supporters to lament his loss...he is a sharp little player...enjoy...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 11:31am
Parra will put 60 on the Titans this week
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2017 at 11:42am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

In my usual tipping comp this year. Woeful start but still in the last man standing component. Went Warriors last week and the Roosters last night. 15 of 17 survived last week with 8 of those going Roosters last night.

Well tipping doesn't get much worse than this! 2 from 8 in rd 1 and backed it up with 1 from 8 in rd 2! The only way is up! But hey, I'm still in the last man standing part of the comp with 8 others.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 10:05pm

Well tipping doesn't get much worse than this! 2 from 8 in rd 1 and backed it up with 1 from 8 in rd 2! The only way is up! But hey, I'm still in the last man standing part of the comp with 8 others.

Went Storm in the last man standing. Got lucky at the end with that one. Only one in the Comp to take them so hopping for a few upsets later in the round to clean a few of the other 8 out.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 12:12am
Phil Gould‏ @Gus10Gould  4h
4 hours ago
< ="ProTweet- u-textUserColor dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" ="" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb170, 184, 194; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: -2px -9px 0px 0px; overflow: ; cursor: pointer; -: initial; -: initial; -size: initial; -repeat: initial; -attachment: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; : relative;">
More

Crikey ... A lot of people tipping Titans .. I would never have imagined that

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 39>