Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Northwood Plume

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonski gonski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northwood Plume
    Posted: 24 May 2012 at 11:38pm
She is off to SA after going thru ring and bringing the wopping sum of $3500, gee the owner will be rapt. Shame, Shame, Shame on you. Surely she deserved a hell of a lot better. Could she not have got a nice paddock if she was not worth going on with as a broodmare. Luckily she didnt go for $300. A Legend of a mare, who will probably be well looked after now, but why sell her for a lousy 3.5k?
ianb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2012 at 11:50pm
We have one of her daughters " tickle he kitty " on wattle brae in foal to Court Command for her first foaling
AussieOi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieOi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:11am
I was disappointed to see quite a few old mares go through. Sure they brought some good prices, 11k for one and another was passed in at 12k, but one was 22 years old!!! Poor darlings :(
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 2:37pm
Is this what you are looking for
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 3:20pm
Thanks SkyDancer,
What a shame this happens, so very sad to see a champion mare that gave so much, her and many others shunned as they are of no further use, hope she did get a good home in the end.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Thanks SkyDancer,
What a shame this happens, so very sad to see a champion mare that gave so much, her and many others shunned as they are of no further use, hope she did get a good home in the end.

Hadn't noticed you found it GAJ, I double booked!
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 4:40am
Retired 4/1/2015

Had a written tycoon in 2012, and missed to desert king after that but missed 2013 and 14
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 4:42am
Originally posted by ianb ianb wrote:

We have one of her daughters " tickle he kitty " on wattle brae in foal to Court Command for her first foaling
What happened to this daughter? No returns and now dropped from the studbook Cry
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2017 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

Retired 4/1/2015

Had a written tycoon in 2012, and missed to desert king after that but missed 2013 and 14

Looks like she had a lot of misses throughout her breeding life.
We have a grand daughter "I'll Miss You', she is a lovely mare and doing OK in racing.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 8:57pm
I only just noticed this thread.

Recently I purchased Sarab Miss by Dubai Destination from Northwood Plume.  She is the mother of I'll Miss You who is her first foal.  One of the reasons I bought her was that IMY had just one her third race - over distance.  So I hope GAJ all the best and then some.

The mare was/is in good condition and is a strong, dominant character.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 9:10pm
Best of luck with the mare Mumtaz.

You have a fair bit to work with there, and choice of matings will be very important to continue the line.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 12:22pm
Hi Mumtaz,
I think you got a good purchase there, I saw her for sale again and was tempted but have too many here now and need to reduce numbersCry

Maybe a repeat mating with Teranaba? I think he is still has an budget fee.  I'll Miss you is a wonderful mare, and just three weeks ago won over 2375m at Grafton, her third win, she will be racing again Sunday over 2400m as long as the track is not too soft.

Whilst she was a bit of a weapon when we bought her as a three year old at the last patinack sale, she has turned into a charming companion and a willing race mare.

Good luck and keep us informed..

Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 1:54pm
Thanks for the good wishes.

I hope no one wishes to kill me for this, but at this point I intend to put her to Jabali (by Exceed and Excel). Thunder Snow is by Exceed & Excel from a Dubai Destination mare, same as my mare, and I also have a commitment for a life time nomination to Jabali.  Whilst he was a good 2YO (2nd in the Blue Diamond) he also won a G2 race over 1600m as a 3YO so I am hoping for a horse that could have a few educational runs as a 2YO and not disgrace the family who will hopefully then become a good miler.

I hope that I'll Miss You keeps up the good work as I would like to be able to send Sarab Miss to Teranaba for the 2018 season.

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 10:07am
Mum tax, she just proved herself over nearly 2 miles, very happy with her, see who owns horses!
Also the mating with your stallion looks fine to me, for what it's worth! Good luck.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 7:52pm
Thanks Gaj re the breeding heads up.

I watched the racing video yesterday and I'll Miss You looks like a very promising stayer.  I'm not sure what's happening with Teranaba as according to the ASB he did not stand last year.

Also, So You Oughta the 2YO half brother by So You Think had its first start over 900 this week.  Got 9th, but did beat two home over a much too short distance.  I am very leery of this horse as it sold for $7000 - probably the lowest priced SYT around that year.  What was wrong with him???   Mum is no oil painting though as she has a very plain head.  

At least he did get an educational 2YO start to prepare him for his 3YO season - hopefully over a lot more ground given both parents.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 2:55pm
Thanks Mumtaz,
Shame about Teranaba, I should like to use him again to our mare She's a Royal, it was a super match to him and the foal she had by him was a stunning filly, raised her had her broken in,named her, QTIS paid up and she had a freak accident in the paddock and the vet put her down, heartbreaking.

Don't know what happens at sales, its a mystery sometimes! Maybe he had some severe blemish or badly comformed, I will watch out for him (So You Oughta) Our mare I'll Miss You is well put together with a good crown so don't know what happened to him , genetics!

Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:06pm
Very sorry to hear about your filly.  I know thoroughbreds are like that - highs with many lows.

I feel I have only just recovered from a week when I lost both my best broodmare (an older mare by Zamazaan who had finally got  in foal) and my best filly who was leased out.  That was probably just under 10 years ago, but it knocked a lot of stuffing out of me.

Delighted to hear about the nice head on I'll Miss You though.
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 7:51pm
Congratulations GAJ for another good staying win by I'll Miss You.  She does look good over that distance (3120m) and can obviously relax with the best of them.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 8:50pm
Oh fabulous GAJ Clap & $7+ for the only course winner in the field Star
Many thanks Mumtaz for updating us Star

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 9:07pm
Congrats Gaj.

Wonder how long it will take before So You Oughta gets out to 2400m+ ?
reductio ad absurdum
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 1:13pm
Thank you Mumtaz, Gay and Djebel. Two years in a row! She ran it out easily the Jockey said.
Djebel I agree, look forward to seeing him over more ground..
Mumtaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumtaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 4:05pm
Yes, it is hard to judge So You Oughta as the furthest he has gone is 1600m where he was 2nd last.  Superficially he is going marginally better over shorter distances. 

But surely you cannot comment over the horse until he has done at LEAST 2000m, especially as his half sister is best beyond those distances?
 Post Reply Post Reply