Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Nick Kyrgios- what am I missing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 11:24am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I love the way tennis fans want to buy into the personalities of tennis players. It must be a function of the close proximity of the crowd and players, I'm sure if people could hear the sledging on the cricket or football  field, they would have a somewhat different view of many players.

what a ridiculous comparison, football players sledge as a tactic and do not abuse umpires.

Kyrgios on the other hand is a petulant child who blames everyone except himself when he is losing and lashes out at the nearest person rather than admit his shortcomings
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 6:57pm

Stosur is still a female Flash. I think ? Tongue

My point exactly and "ranked 749" but going by the commentary whether in the general News bulletins or tennis specific game descriptions - whenever she's in a tournament you'd think she was someone in that list the way they carry on - likewise with Kyrgios.

Glad he at least is not falling for it.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

I love the way tennis fans want to buy into the personalities of tennis players. It must be a function of the close proximity of the crowd and players, I'm sure if people could hear the sledging on the cricket or football  field, they would have a somewhat different view of many players.

what a ridiculous comparison, football players sledge as a tactic and do not abuse umpires.

Kyrgios on the other hand is a petulant child who blames everyone except himself when he is losing and lashes out at the nearest person rather than admit his shortcomings
Not ridiculous at all, I was simply pointing out that the verbal antics of a tennis player is much more under scutiny than a footballer or cricket player out on a field , out of earshot.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 8:53pm
We are the best in the world at producing overrated male brat tennis players . Does not say much about our junior mentoring program.
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 8:55pm
Tennis these days is boring...had its day imo
Refer ALP Election Promises
blackdog View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:04am
  Terrible when you watch and hope your Australian representative ,  gets beaten .

What a F wit Tomic and this krykos goose .          They just don't have the temperament for elite anything.

Poor Stoser ,   only has half a game .    NO backhand so is gone the minute someone with a chess game comes along .

I agree with ii sit .   tennis has reached it's use by date .           Women on egual pay for half the drawing power and work .         But lap it up ,      You will never see a bigger arz than that champion Afro American .         I'd hate to be paying for the materials necessary to cover it.
WHEN WILL SMOKERS RISE.?
NO labor votes for a start .
blackdog View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:26pm
another one without the temperament to go further          the new Oz Russian.
WHEN WILL SMOKERS RISE.?
NO labor votes for a start .
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I don't think Kyrgios has the talent. He doesn't have the power to be a power player or the skill to be a skill player. I will be surprised if he wins a grand slam.

99.9 percent of pro players don't win a grand slam. Is this the only definition of success to you?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Tennis these days is boring...had its day imo

Yeh, these record crowds and record prizemoney must suggest that...Confused
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 9:24am
What a colossal lollipop. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:23am
the fool says if you don't like it don't watch him, well Nick do you realise the spectators you have such contempt for are the ones who allow you to earn millions in prizemoney and endorsemnets, no interest in tennis no money.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:39am
What he did was borderline match fixing, he pretty much gave up, how do we know that it wasn't planned to make money betting and he passes it off as petuance?

I don't think that's what happened, his just an a grade dressmaker, but aside from it being a terrible look for the game, it brings up the issue of the games integrity.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:56am
I dont follow tennis except for cheering against this moron.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:59am
Apparently one of the betting agencies,  ( cant remember.  sportsbet maybe ? )  gave back all money bet on the game as he just threw the match .
Even " The Sheriff " had a say on it and called for him to get a suspension same as a jock would if he blatantly stopped a horse. 
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

What he did was borderline match fixing, he pretty much gave up, how do we know that it wasn't planned to make money betting and he passes it off as petuance?

I don't think that's what happened, his just an a grade dressmaker, but aside from it being a terrible look for the game, it brings up the issue of the games integrity.

I do not see it has a slight on the game. It is simply a slight on Kyrgios and his family.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:35am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Even " The Sheriff " had a say on it and called for him to get a suspension same as a jock would if he blatantly stopped a horse. 

I'd agree with that.

He should be rubbed out till at least the end of the Aussie summer.

reductio ad absurdum
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 11:15am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

I do not see it has a slight on the game. It is simply a slight on Kyrgios and his family.

It's a slight on the game if they don't come down on him like a ton of bricks, and make it clear that that sort of behavior has no place at the highest levels of tennis.

Not too mention how bad of a look it is for such a professional sport, with huge money involved.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 11:16am
Is tennis there for betting or is betting there for tennis?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:31pm

Nick Kyrgios banned for eight weeks & fined $25,000 by ATP

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Nick Kyrgios banned for eight weeks & fined $25,000 by ATP

Weak as.
Makes Tennis Authorities look weak as piss.
If he doesnt want to play the game,  by the rules,  and wants to continue on to be an a***hole,  why keep giving him chances and lenient punishments ??
Flick him off.
Too many young guns out there ready to step into his shoes.
When the money stops coming in he MIGHT realise what an ass he has been.
If not, who cares ??   let him wander off to who cares where .  

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Is tennis there for betting or is betting there for tennis?

The gambling entertainment Industry worldwide is HUGE.

Tennis chooses to be  a part of that Industry and no doubt derives a healthy income from It, as a result.

It has already been stated he is entitled to be suspended for not trying and is lucky he isn't outed for a lot longer than he has been.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 11:43pm
Well it's something, and they are giving him the out by seeing a shrink, so maybe he'll blame his behavior on 'issues' instead of the fact his a f**king dressmaker.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 7:45am
Pat Cash now saying young players need help to cope with the lifestyle and pressure...

geez, give us a break...5 star accommodation, millions in endorsements, following the sun...so bloody horrible...such mental torture...bet all those refugees in camps around the world would like to be suffering such hardships...

this bloke needs a reality check...suspend him for a year and someone take him to feed the homeless and assist MSF in war zones...maybe he might grow a set of balls and get through an over-long puberty...

Hewitt was irritating in his youth...(and after)...but at least he gave his all...being young doesn't necessarily equate with being a drongo...

Thumbs Down   
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 11:43am
Good post, you've pinch my thunder, I was only thinking in the last hour about this bloke and the humane suffering going on around us, 12 months minimum suspension, made to do humanity work amongst the homeless, he ain't an ossie in my eyes!
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 11:50am
let him play but he has to use a wooden raquet and dunlop volleys.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:14pm
Why do people care? He's an individual playing an individual sport. He doesnt represent anyone but himself.

If he did this in Davis Cup, then I get the anger, but until then, who cares??
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:16pm
Nobody on here last week to congratulate him on winning his 1st tournament....hmmm, why not???
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

let him play but he has to use a wooden raquet and dunlop volleys.

I won't hear a bad word said about the greatest shoes known to man!!!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:18pm
Well maybe because he makes millions from his audience and treats them with contempt. And because of a fortunate ability at tennis he is able to become a wealthy man but still feels disadvantaged and targetted and is a surly pig.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Nobody on here last week to congratulate him on winning his 1st tournament....hmmm, why not???

Why would I congratulate that pratt, I actually want him to lose and just leave tennis as he threatens to do, empty words of course, the money is far too good
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>