Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

It's all over. Mahomes throwing sh1t all game.

One of the worst quarterback games in history, surely 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

One of the worst quarterback games in history, surely 

a bit of an exaggeration...there have been lots far worse...
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 1:48pm
wow...if he gets this it could be over red rover
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:01pm

I never doubted him.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:02pm
oh yeah...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:03pm

I never doubted him.

I truthfully never doubted him...that pass to Hill was fabulous...

Andy Reid well rewarded...Clap
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:11pm
I’ve got NFI what’s going on as this is the first game I’ve ever watched in my near 60 years but I think it’s been a fabulous game anyway
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I never doubted him.

I truthfully never doubted him...that pass to Hill was fabulous...

Andy Reid well rewarded...Clap
Think there was a fair bit of arse to that pass. 3rd &15 - & was under pressure going backwards & thrwe it up - had a distinct hail mary about it. Poor coverage by the 49ers. If that play failed the game was all over. Good luck to the Chiefs
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:31pm
Star probably made a packet flogging tables to the game...money-grabbers...spoiled the fun of a lot of fans who love to congregate in the sports bar every year...

I watched it in the seclusion of a hotel room, with blinds drawn, feeling like I was in a real theatre...intensified the excitement...but the sports bar was probably electric...
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 2:41pm
Most importantly what colour was the Gatorade on the winning coach?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

I think it was orange...
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

I think it was orange...

Another plunge where the money gets left in the bag. Purple was backed off the map, the thinking being there would be a tribute to Kobe Bryant. Was 15 into evens apparently.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 4:45pm
Speaking of orange.

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 5:00pm
...butt Kansas City is in MISSOURI.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 5:16pm
Is he a forkwit or not?  Clown
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 5:20pm
It will be in Kansas after he sorts out the map with his sharpie.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 5:25pm
I've been confused by that in the past but I'm not American nor am I POTUS. I have relatives who lived in Kansas City for a while. Parts of it are in Missouri and parts are in Kansas.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 5:43pm
Kansas City MO started on the Missouri River as a drop off point for the Santa Fe Trail. Goods, Wagons and mules were transported from St. Louis dropped off at the western most part of Missouri and hauled to Westport in Missouri. Again Westport was on the western edge of the United Sates. Kansas was not a State then. Near the spot of the river where the goods were delivered, just upstream the Kaw (Kansas River) flows into the Missouri River at what is called Kaw Point. Just on the Kansas Side. There was an Indian tribe called the Kansa that had a settlement of about 2,000 just beyond Missouri in the area of what is now Kansas City, KS. The Santa Fe Trail began in Kansas City and moved west into Kansas. As the trail traffic went so did population settlements. Wagon trains only traveled 25 miles a day. Depending on the trail you took it would take one to two days to get through what is now the Metropolitan area. Businesses started to appear at the night stop overs, boot and clothing companies appeared as well as wagon parts and goods stores. Over time they turned into towns called Overland Park and Olathe which were overnight stops on the Kansas side.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 7:19pm
Clap
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Speaking of orange.

Shakira and JLo delivered a lovely f**k you moment to the Desperate Cheeto, in their half-time performance. Good on 'em...

ClapClap

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2020 at 8:43pm
Well the game turned out as we thought.

SF defense was crucial to their chances, and for 3 quarters they were spot on, but unfortunately the match is four quarters long.

Congrats to Andy Reid and could be the first of a few for Mahomes!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 6:29am
I thought Shannahans decision to let KC run the clock down just before half time was an interesting one, especially since his post game reasoning for this decision was that he was worried about KC getting the ball back and he was happy at 10-10.

With the niners recieving to start the 2nd half, it was a great chance to potentially put 2 scores up without Mahomes touching the ball, obviously he felt their best chance was to slow play it and take it deep which is crazy against that offense, strike while the iron is hot.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 12:21am
Forget the coronavirus big news for the Patriot Nation.

Tom Brady has played his last match for the Patriots.

Has not said he has retired, but as a free agent he will test his worth on the market.

For me he would be a great fit for San Fransisco, but do they think Jimmy G can get them the ring?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 7:06am
Surely SF can't afford an expensive 50 year old QB after massively overpaying for the QB they already have.

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 7:10am
Bucs have said they're interested. Chargers have reportedly also made an offer. Raiders have also been suggested.

I think given his history if the Niners called he'd go there, given they've just played a Super Bowl they are also the win now team he'll want.

As I said earlier the only way I could see this happening was if he or Belichick wanted to prove they could win without the other.

I suspect the $13.5 million offer the Pats reportedly offered was just to say 'we tried' to the fans, Belichick will now go after a hungry for a title, savvy vet like Rivers, Dalton or Newton or if the Brady to 49ers happens, Jimmy G.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 7:59am
Jimmy G was good enough to get them to the super bowl
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 9:04am
I'd prefer Jimmy G, to Brady, at this stage of their careers.

Is Tom's puppy dog, Edelman, going with him as a package deal?

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 9:22am
I think the 49ers thing has only come up due to Brady being a bay area kid and it being well known he grew up a 49ers fan, coupled with them being in 'win now' mode.

Still given the NFL is known as a win now league and the way Shannahan seemed to put the shackles on Jimmy G in the playoffs I can understand where the idea comes from.

The Bears haven't been mentioned much recently but I wonder if they'll consider him?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 9:47am
I'd like to bet that Jimmy G has ironclad terms in his mammoth contract to stop Brady or anyone else bugging him. The only way SF could get Brady is to pay out G's contract and that is salary cap impossible and stark raving mad.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I think the 49ers thing has only come up due to Brady being a bay area kid and it being well known he grew up a 49ers fan, coupled with them being in 'win now' mode.

Still given the NFL is known as a win now league and the way Shannahan seemed to put the shackles on Jimmy G in the playoffs I can understand where the idea comes from.

The Bears haven't been mentioned much recently but I wonder if they'll consider him?

Trubisky is a work in progress. I wouldn't trade him in for Brady. (or Bridgewater, or Dalton, or Foles)

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:55am
If Brady plays on it will be at Tampa Bay.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>