Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 8:16pm
I wonder how 158.3 became the top rating? I've always wondered why it isn't a round number, say 100.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:14pm
That’s nothing compared to some of the baseball sabermetrics. The Yanks love their stats. Dip you toe into some of websites dealing with this stuff- who doesn’t want to know what a player’s WAR and VORP is - and you need a degree in advanced mathematics.

I wonder what they make of Timeform
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:35pm
Imagine if T20 cricket ever took off over there what they would do with the stats around that?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:15am
Shut the gate, the evil empire are playing on championship Sunday again...

The Chargers will have so many regrets about this season, tied best record in the AFC but have thrown up 2 absolute shockers in the last month, one cost them the #1 conference seeding and now this.

May be an argument for seeding according to record rather than giving division winners with inferior records a higher seeding but I doubt they'll ever do that.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 2:54pm
I think everyone and their dog who is not a Patriots fan Afros, will be on the Chiefs this weekend.

Great clash between Andy Reid and Bellichek.

The Rams look morals to me against the Saints, but the superbowl winner comes from the match at Arrowhead Field!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 3:11pm
Patriots will win, this is their time of year. I'm tipping an old boys super bowl, Brady vs Brees.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 3:14pm
Belichick is to smart, he'd already have developed a plan for the Chiefs after they last met and will tweak it this week according to what he's seen from them lately.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Belichick is to smart, he'd already have developed a plan for the Chiefs after they last met and will tweak it this week according to what he's seen from them lately.
Patriots only 3rd favourites at the moment. Crazy considering the clinical way they carved the Chargers up
TBV Statistical Analyst
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:19pm
I agree with the stats dudes and the bookies - Saints/ Chiefs Super Bowl.
"Even the things that I believe in the most, I doubt.”
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 6:25pm
I'm actually having a bit of the $4.50 on the Rams. Got a lot of time for Goff & I like the way they have now developed a 2 man rushing game. Gurley & Anderson are both quality & offer different strengths.
TBV Statistical Analyst
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 53 minutes ago at 3:19pm
Championship Sunday tomorrow, Pats @ Chiefs and Rams @ Saints.

I think the Saints will win, Brees experience will definitely help. They'll play the Pats in the Super Bowl, I just think Belichick will have been planning for Mahomes since they met in the regular season.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 37 minutes ago at 3:35pm
Hope your wrong Afross. I’m all over Rams. With you on the Patriots
TBV Statistical Analyst
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 26 minutes ago at 3:46pm
Reckon Saints are entitled to be favorite, but nothing like 1.60 v 2.35.

And 2.40 would appear an inviting quote for the Patriots compared with 1.58 the Chiefs even given the latter's terrific home record. Agree with the Mahomes comment without disparaging the young bloke.

Should be a great day's viewing irrespective.  Thumbs Up
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 37 minutes ago at 8:35am
Saints leading by 3 at the half after a couple big gains by Brandon Cooks and Gurley punching the rock in. Good second half coming up!
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 48 minutes ago at 10:24am
Rams clutch in the end!

Tieing FG to send to overtime.

Super interception in OT.

Record Post Season 57 yd FG to go to SUPA SUPA BOWL!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 45 minutes ago at 10:27am
Great win! Never had a lead until the winning field goal, clutch af.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 18 minutes ago at 11:54am
Patriots up 14 zip just before half time, c'mon KC!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 11 minutes ago at 12:01pm
Bloody hell I just saw the stats, Pats time of possession over 21 minutes to KC 9 minutes, outgained them 245 yards to 32, perhaps New England should be further ahead?
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 55 minutes ago at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Bloody hell I just saw the stats, Pats time of possession over 21 minutes to KC 9 minutes, outgained them 245 yards to 32, perhaps New England should be further ahead?

Well things can turn around real quick....

KC hits the front on "Karma"
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 minutes ago at 1:42pm
Tom has 2 minutes and 3 timeouts to find a TD to win it, this scares me if I'm KC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic