Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NFL 2018
    Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:38am
Surprised there is no thread for this yet?

Week 1 has just finished yesterday, some surprises, the Jets smashing the Lions and the Browns not losing! Some things as per usual, Patriots winning and Rodgers orchestrating another comeback win.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 9:33am
I notice the Rams are second favourite to win Super Bowl. Here are some of the reasons why.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 7:14pm
I nearly dropped from a flying pig, when I saw Cleveland had drawn with Pittsburgh.

It looks like a lot of teams are going to be working their way into the season, which is what I gained from the exhibition games, no stand out.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 7:52pm
The rookie QB for the Giants had a dream introduction . Pressure on now
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 8:49pm

The Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports franchise in the world and it's not even close. 

With an estimated value of $4.8 billion, the Cowboys are worth nearly $700 million more than the world's next valuable sports franchise, Manchester United, a team worth an estimated $4.12 billion. Although Jerry Jones has turned the Cowboys into a profit-making factory, that almost didn't happen, and that's because Jones almost didn't own the team.

Five years before Jones purchased the Cowboys in 1989, another high profile businessman had the chance the buy the the team and that person was none other than President Donald Trump. Back in 1984, the founding owner of the Cowboys, Clint Murchison Jr., was looking to sell the team and Trump appeared to show some interest. However, instead of buying the Cowboys for $50 million -- No that's not a typo, $50 million is the number -- Trump decided to purchase the New Jersey Generals of the USFL.

After passing on the Cowboys, Trump never seriously considered becoming an NFL owner again until 2014, when he made a bid to buy the Bills. However that bid ended up falling short and the Bills were eventually sold to Terry and Kim Pegula. 

www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/donald-trump-once-had-the-chance-to-buy-the-cowboys-at-a-dirt-cheap-price/

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

The rookie QB for the Giants had a dream introduction . Pressure on now

I'm guessing you mean the Jets? Eli Manning is far from a rookie! Although the Giants do have a rookie Running Back who is highly rated...
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2018 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I nearly dropped from a flying pig, when I saw Cleveland had drawn with Pittsburgh.

It looks like a lot of teams are going to be working their way into the season, which is what I gained from the exhibition games, no stand out.

The Browns have had a lot of high draft picks the last couple of drafts (last years #1 Myles Garrett and and this years #5 pick Denzel Ward both got good reports vs Pittsburgh) and selected some highly rated talent, they could surprise a few this season if these young guys develop as expected. Grabbing Tyrod Taylor as a bridge QB to give them time with Baker Mayfield was also a shrewd move as TT doesn't turn the ball over much so will be a safe pair of hands until they think BM is ready.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 4:13pm
Always a pleasure for me watching the Patriots lose. Gee it was strange seeing the beardy bloke, Patricia Confused- on the sideline plotting to beat them.

Simon Cameron

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 9:58pm
Afros I actually watched the second half of the Browns win, and the rookie quarterback showed coolness and composure to create the comeback.

It was one of the best debut efforts I have seen in the NFL for a while.

So that is a draw, a close defeat and a win for the Browns from three games. That has to be their best start for a number of seasons.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:01pm
Playing a UBET promo here - money back if your team leads at the end of any qtr and loses. Use multiple accounts to back both teams. This event happens often enough to be profitable.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 10:08pm
Agreed it is always enjoyable seeing the Pats get dusted! Also good seeing the Browns showing some promise, I'd tap the brakes on a playoff berth but they could end up being a 6 or 7 win team.

The Rams are looking the goods so far, while the AFC has a potentially game shifting match up next week, Dolphins @ Patriots, if the Fins can grab a win there they'll be 3 wins clear of the Pats... fingers crossed!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:35am
I've always been astonished that anyone goes to the stadium to watch sport and people are gradually catching up to me. Even if you're in a corporate box on the half way line it's rubbish compared to tv.Big smile

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Playing a UBET promo here - money back if your team leads at the end of any qtr and loses. Use multiple accounts to back both teams. This event happens often enough to be profitable.

This occurred in 5 out of the 16 games this week (although for some reason I didn’t play the Thurs night game ).

Only working 2 accounts here currently so not as big a profit as I’d like but still handy. Played 13 of the games betting both teams to return the same amount. Lost $48.70 however 4 money back games returned an additional $132 for a profit of $83.30
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 3:25pm

This occurred in 5 out of the 16 games this week (although for some reason I didn’t play the Thurs night game ).

Only working 2 accounts here currently so not as big a profit as I’d like but still handy. Played 13 of the games betting both teams to return the same amount. Lost $48.70 however 4 money back games returned an additional $132 for a profit of $83.30

Week 4 down. Played 13 of the games and had 7 resulted in cashback.

Total bets of $1,049 which returned $1,002 plus $231 cashback = $184 profit
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 3:29pm

Week 5. Promo was changed up - lead any time in 4th qtr & lose = money back. Will still be profitable.

Played 13 games and it occurred 3 times. Lost $46 but got $94 cash back so profit of $48
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 4:26pm
Rams going well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the KC QB next week against old man Brady. He is supposed to be hot stuff.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Rams going well.

I'm looking forward to seeing the KC QB next week against old man Brady. He is supposed to be hot stuff.

Good game- bad result. Mahomes will be lots harder to beat next time.

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 9:05pm
Pats were 1-2 a few weeks ago and looking like they could have trouble, now their 4-2 and odds on to be AFC #1 seed again, they just find a way. Jacksonville beat them a few weeks ago and have since dropped games against the Titans and now the Cowboys, its like the other AFC teams take The Autumn Suns owners idea and don't want to end the Patriots dynasty.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 4:19pm

Week 5. Promo was changed up - lead any time in 4th qtr & lose = money back. Will still be profitable.

Played 13 games and it occurred 3 times. Lost $46 but got $94 cash back so profit of $48

Continues to be easy money with this promo.

Week 6 & played 11 of 14 games with 3 of them having a team lead in the 4th but lose. Left out 3 where the Favs were so short that it wasn’t really worth bothering with. 2 of these games would have given cash back so missed out on approx $20 profit.

Bet $946 and returned $904 but had $133 cashback for a profit of $91[b/]
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 4:21pm
Correction: there were 15 games but Panthers v redskins wasn’t open at the time I placed the bets and I forgot to go back later.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2018 at 5:05pm
Rogers = Freak
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 11:36am
If I was Tomlin I would let New Orleans score from 4 and 8.

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 11:53am
Looks likely the playoffs will have no Ben and no Rodgers, shaping as the new guard QBs vs Brady, Brees and Rivers.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:00pm

Tomlin would have to be worried about his job?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 7:48pm

I meant 1st and goal from the 8.

It's a very interesting comp this year with many teams performing well but no standout team. Any of of 5 or 6 can win I would say. Unless it's not the evil empire Patriots I will be happy.

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 9:01pm
Patriots will be in the Super Bowl unfortunately, they just know what to do in January. Maybe the dream Brees Brady super bowl will finally happen?
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 10:48am
Okay lets go through the play off contenders.

AFC.

New England are in but for mine Brady is on the downhill run. This will be his last chance to win it all. A maybe.

Baltimore ravens. They show good form in some matches, but are to inconsistent for me. No chance, maybe out first week.

Houston Texans. Going okay but they have not shown me enough against the other main contenders to be considered a contender.

Kansas City Chiefs. This team is one of the best offensively, but their defense has been found wanting. They have one of the best head coaches in the sport, but their quarterback is showing signs of being indecisive.

Los Angeles Chargers. This is my pick. They did not start off as good as the Rams and Chiefs, but they are coming good at the right time. They have a good record on the road, although they have had a relatively good draw, their game is a little more consistent than the Chiefs or Rams, and they should get a home match in the first week, that is if they do not win the conference, which gets them to at least the second week of the play offs. Good value in the market at the moment.

Indianapolis Colts. If they make it just making up the numbers.

NFC

Dallas Cowboys. Going alright, but have been advantaged most of the year by being in a division where the teams have been poor overall.

Chicago Bears. Have had a great season. No hope of winning the superbowl, but it looks a weak conference so they could get the conference championship.

New Orleans Saints. Look the leading contenders for the conference. They have been going well, and come into the pointy end of the season in good form. They do rely a bit too much on their defence, which will come back to haunt them if they play one of the top teams from the AFC.

Los Angeles Rams. Have looked sensational all season, until the last two matches. At their best they are a good chance of winning the Superbowl, but their lack of experience in the main section of the season might play against them.

Seattle Seahawks. Have come good late to get to the post season. They do have recent experience in the post season, matches, so they could surprise.

Minnesota Vikings. Making up the numbers if they make it.

Philadelphia Eagles. Defending champs, have had some long term injuries this year, which has affected their season. Have got the ability to go a fair way in the post season, but not win the superbowl.

For me.

AFC

Los Angeles Chargers v New England

NFC

New Orleans v Los Angeles Rams

Superbowl

Los Angeles Chargers v New Orleans.       
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 10:50am
Sorry I meant if the Chargers do not win the division, they will get a home match in the first week of the play offs.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Sorry I meant if the Chargers do not win the division, they will get a home match in the first week of the play offs.

No they wont. Chargers scenario is simple, they must beat Denver next week in Denver and if Kansas City slip up against Oakland they take the west and #1 seeding otherwise they're #5 seed and will go to either Baltimore or Pittsburgh in wild card week depending on who wins the North.

Houston losing to Philly and Chargers to Ravens were bad slips for them as both probably blew the chance of a week of on wild card week, Chargers probably worse as now they'll have to go on the road 3 weeks in a row to make the super bowl but Houston will now likely go to New England for the divisional round instead of a week off then likely hosting New England. Much harder road.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 12:05pm
NFC i think your pretty spot on its looking like the Super Bowl will be Saints vs whoever the AFC throw up, I think it'll be New England because all of the AFC teams are showing flaws and New England are so well coached that they are the most likely to take advantage of the flaws in the other teams. I'd love to see the Bolts do it but their road to the Super Bowl will likely go from Baltimore to KC to New England, thats tough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>