Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:16pm
What did we think about the Dundee ad?

As the start or part of push to grab American tourists, I thought it was not bad.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:17am
There is more action in 2 seconds of American football than there often is in a 45 minute half of soccer.Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

There is more action in 2 seconds of American football than there often is in a 45 minute half of soccer.Wink
Exactly. Can always remember as a kid the stereotype for American Footy was that they were pansies. Had to be wearing all that protection gear. Well I now know that's all crap. The game is almost savage - they go out with the intention to maim. Some of the hits are bone shattering (& sometimes career ending). 180 degrees opposite to soccer. Now THAT is a game dominated by pansies.
Scientist & Global Warming Expert
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:36am
My one recommendation for improvement as a viewing spectacle (other than reducing the breaks) would be to introduce a "for & against" % similar to the NRL / AFL. Too many games get shutdown at the backend to preserve a lead. This may encourage teams to be more aggressive to score points & make it  better viewing
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:42am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

What did we think about the Dundee ad?

As the start or part of push to grab American tourists, I thought it was not bad.
Agree. Croc Dundee has massive cut through with the yanks. Makes sense to keep building on it. Poor old Hoges looked a bit aged in it though - their again he's not young LOL
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:49am
Play up to every hackneyed cliche imaginable about Australia and run it again for the Americans. Do they actually pay an advertising agency for that twaddle? Don't Americans get p1ssed off when they get here and find that Australia is nothing like that?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:22am
I like the yanks. However , this is the difference. Go to a bar over there & there's a fair chance you will have locals around you all night buying you drinks. Unfortunately , the same is not normally reciprocated over here.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 8:25am
It cost $36 million for that add to be screened and played during the Super Bowl

Note, no one got paid to do that flick, everyone did it for free

I can see why it was a huge success

Hidden In Hollywood
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

they wonder why the A-league has plateaued...soccer in this country is one giant bore...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:37pm
I would agree T, but the only thing Australia has going for it, tourist wise, is the outback and indigenous culture.

If you were sitting in San Fran or New York and they showed a bridge, opera house and a museum as being the reason to travel here, you would see them, make one trip, maybe, and then travel somewhere else.

The outback and natural attractions are the difference we have.

If it was not for the pyramids, no one would travel to Egypt, if it wasn't for Maachu Picchu, most people would never have heard of Peru and the only reason you travel to Hawai'i is for the beaches and water sports, well maybe the ironman, if you are that way inclined.

You need to highlight what is different about your country, and for Australia that is our flora and fauna, our landscape and the indigenous culture.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171819
  Share Topic