Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 10:32am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Waiting for Znatchys report on Cousins in the 4th quarter today......
(not sure how he missed seeing that defender on the crucial pick)

He overthrew and under threw receivers all day.  He missed a wide open Jamison Crowder in the first half and D-Jax, both of whom would have scored.  He missed Garcon on an underthrown ball in the end zone.  He missed simple throws on early downs, forcing second/third & long.  He couldn't find Jordan Reed all day.  Our guys worked hard to get open and he missed most of them.  He's a bottom level starter and I've thought that the whole way - even when he was going well last season.

The pick was the icing on the cake.  That is who Cousins is.  A guy who forces the ball to try and make plays.  Good QBs don't make that throw.  Cousins whole career is littered with it.  I'm looking forward to his "just got to get better" and all that rubbish.

The Redskins have a tough schedule this season and it's almost season over.  It sounds dramatic but losing the first two at home, with one in division, makes it a long road back.

Cousins bet on himself and is losing.  And so is the team.  Cry
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 1:20pm
Stefon Diggs is seriously good.
Bradford looking OK too thus far.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 2:51pm
He's going off.

Bradford is an upgrade on what they had (not on Teddy B but the other backup) and this Minnesota defense is good too.

Have my concerns for Green Bay as a contender.  Rodgers just not playing as well and they're not gelling.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 6:01pm
you're quite right, Znatch...Rodgers is not looking sharp at all, neither is anyone else on the O-line...should have lost last week...

the fact that they are playing badly and still nearly winning is the only optimistic point...but they have been playing this way for two years now...scrambling...with a pathetic rush game not helping...

McCarthy has been there too long as far as I'm concerned...lovely bloke but too lenient and makes some shockingly bad play calls, simply because he thinks Aaron can pull it off...

they remind me of the Canterbury Bulldogs in the NRL...slow, opportunistic and playing off penalties...

but they will probably still scrape into 2nd possie and the wild cards...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 3:41pm
Are the Bears the worst team in the league?
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 3:50pm

Rams, Browns, Redskins, 49ers may have some say in that argument but it's an even race for that title.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 3:55pm
Cutler aint great, but he would kill for the protection that Wentz is getting from his O line.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2016 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Znatchy Znatchy wrote:

Rams, Browns, Redskins, 49ers may have some say in that argument but it's an even race for that title.

I'm with Subby...the Bears are dreadful...

SF showed some fight last week and Cleveland wouldn't be so bad with a decent QB...Rams and Washington will win games...but Chicago is a lost cause... 
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 1:18pm
First I've seen of Osweiler and he doesn't look amazing to me.

Doesn't have the strongest of arms and seems to wind up and almost telegraph the throws.  The Texans have looked plain on both sides of the ball tonight.  Not too many better opportunities to go to Gillette Stadium as favs and they've gifted the Patriots a start with 2 bad turnovers.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 3:52pm
Patriots dominated possession but when Houston finally got the ball they did bugger-all with it...agree that Osweiler looked pretty ordinary...I have DeAndre Hopkins in my team and the prospect of a decent pointscore was horrible...Miller the only chance of scoring...

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 3:58pm
The Belichick football factory roles on!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

The Belichick football factory roles on!

they are very clinical and professional...best coached team by a long way...

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 8:00pm
No doubt this run will help fuel a debate that Tom Brady is a product of Belichick rather then a legend in his own right however flawed this debate may be... It's win win for the Patriots they'll likely be able to trade 1 of these 2 backup qbs at the end of the season for a good return...
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 10:59am
Do we give the Patriots the title now?

When TB12 comes back and Gronk is fit, they're going to be very tough to beat.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2016 at 12:45pm
They'll most likely be 4-0 with TB back with a point to prove, can they go unbeaten?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 1:23pm
we played somewhat better this week but gave up a lot of points in the 2nd half with 5 defensive players out, including Mathews and Burnett...but Jordy is back with a vengeance...

was going to lose one of my games as I was only 6 points in front and opponent had Dez...first run, Dez gets injured and not expected to return...can be lucky...

big comedown for the Jets this week..Forte, Marshall and Decker with rubbish points...Fitzy throwing 5 intercepts doesn't help...

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 2:26pm
I think Fitz threw 6 picks didn't he?!  

Chocolates to boiled lollies for the Amish Rifle.

Phildelphia Eagles if you don't mind.  They're DEF is really good and Wentz just keeps knocking up wins. 

My Fantasy Team went off this week - I'll double my opponents score.  All my guys went ham.  Kelce, Robinson, De Marco Murray.  TY Hilton.  Justin Tucker even had a massive score.  He must have kicked the game winning FG?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 3:17pm
unfortunately, Dirty Dez made a comeback and scored...bugger him...

Chicago really are ordinary...

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 3:48pm
Trevor Siemian threw 4 tds today in a good win in Cincinnati, these Broncos just keep getting the job done, AFC West could throw up 3 play off teams this season. Bad loss for Pittsburgh, Philly do look the goods though to be fair! Anyone think Prescott may hold the starters job when Rmo returns for big D?
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 5:30pm
Siemian is good.  Better than Osweiler anyway.

Prescott is playing well enough to hold the starters job but Jerry Jones LOVES Tony Romo.  Suspect Romo still has the job for now.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 7:32pm
Can't afford to continually afford to give the ball away.  Is Newton Caming or Going?  
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2016 at 7:48pm
I was in trouble in my game (thanks Mariota!!) And needed 15 from Zach Miller to get up. Not the most reliable TE in the league, but 2 TD's got me home!!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 10:59pm
Oakland at 2.70 seem a nice play straight out to beat Baltimore.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 11:22pm
That is a good price, teams who've lost to Baltimore are a combined 1-8 this season, their form looks quite weak.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 11:24pm

they have more scoring weapons than the Ravens...Murray/ Washington plus Crabtree/ Cooper...

Clap
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 11:46pm
my tight ends are all questionable...wish someone would decide my fate...ConfusedLOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 8:26am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

they have more scoring weapons than the Ravens...Murray/ Washington plus Crabtree/ Cooper...

Clap

Crabtree playing exceptional this year...just as well...Thumbs Up

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 8:57am
Carolina now 1-3 after a loss to Atlanta, two unbeaten teams fall Baltimore of course and New England beaten 16-0 at Foxborough by Rex Ryan and his Bills, big game for Arizona now at home to LA, they need the win or they'll fall 2 wins from the division lead.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 9:40am
Trevor Siemian injured Paxton Lynch is in!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 1:35pm
how about Ryan and Julio today...monstrous...

Roth and Brown now trying to emulate...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 19>
  Share Topic