Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:36pm
the ego is dented...both Cam's and mine...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Znatchy Znatchy wrote:

Rookie QB gets win against Cam Newton.  Well done lad.

Barring disaster, Mark Sanchez will never play an NFL snap ever again.

You know Sanchez is already in Dallas? He's backing up the rookie Prescott untill Romo returns although your point is valid on his career direction!

Trevor Siemian is realistically keeping the seat warm for Paxton Lynch, although he may play himself into a position either as Lynch's backup or perhaps tempt another team to trade for him as a starter...

Anyway happy days we're 1-0
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Rookie QB gets win against Cam Newton.  Well done lad.

Barring disaster, Mark Sanchez will never play an NFL snap ever again.

You know Sanchez is already in Dallas? He's backing up the rookie Prescott untill Romo returns although your point is valid on his career direction!

Trevor Siemian is realistically keeping the seat warm for Paxton Lynch, although he may play himself into a position either as Lynch's backup or perhaps tempt another team to trade for him as a starter...

Anyway happy days we're 1-0

I did know this.  He got a skybox on his first day at the Jones-Mahal for a college game.  Good life for someone who is useless.  But again, barring disaster...

Siemian could win this job easily.  Kubiak has liked him for ages and it's not like Paxton Lynch is Andrew Luck.  If he plays the whole season like he did tonight and can iron out a few mistakes, he would be wanted elsewhere if Denver didn't want him.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 9:37pm
They've drafted Lynch with the aim of developing into the starter, I think it'll take a lot for Siemian to qin this job long term, as I've said before Denver is my team so I've been following the QB situation here, realistically Trevor Siemians best result here is to get himself the back up job long term or even impress enough that someone else chases him for a starting gig but it'll take something special for them to burn a first round pick to keep Siemian as starter.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 12:09pm
https://youtu.be/ttlGk0ikX2w

better than yesterday's Michigan lateral hail mary...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2016 at 12:10pm
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 6:51am
RG3 and the Browns are a perfect fit.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:11am
Elliott certainly living up to his reputation...very smart...

Packers lucky to fall in today...a leaky defense finally held up at the last moment...Jax caused them all sorts of headaches...the Rodgers arm was the difference...wonderful pass and catch right on half-time to keep in the game...

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 2:02pm
Larry Fitzgerald.  What a player!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:18pm
Interesting talk coming out of Dallas that if Prescott plays well enough he may keep the job when Romo comes back, guess they've had enough of the injuries?

Jimmy G played well on SNF for the Pats as well by reports, this was the toughest of his 4 game slate, wonder if he puts up good numbers whats next for him? Obviously Brady comes back as starter but if Jimmy G looks good I wonder if the Pats will try hold him or let him go? Doubt he'd be keen to sit behind Brady for to long...
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:34pm
Jimmy G converted some big 3rd downs.

A decent snap by the Cardinals and the Patriots lose but Garropolo was pretty good.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 9:46pm
Great first weekend so far. I backed Kansas and Oakland all up. Still can't believe I collected on that. How gutsy was the play call to go for 2 and win the game!
Career peak in fantasy this week too. Only way is down unfortunately. I play in a league of 14 with 3 franchise players each, so already 39 players missing from draft. Picked up Sanu, Snead and Demarco Murray this season and all had brilliant games. My franchise gun, AJ Green also killled it, as did Bailey my kicker and Suh dominated in defense. Fat Boy Lacy was ok. Brady my other franchise player obviously out. Stuck with Mariota for 4 weeks who was basically rubbish but threw 2 TDs to Murray. Extremely handy!

Watch them bust next week!!

You guys win?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 11:31pm
half and half...teams with Murray, Benjamin, Forte and AJ Green won comfortably...got pipped in three leagues because Devonta Freeman, Brandon Marshall and Delanie Walker failed...

took Will Fuller on spec in one league and reaped results...

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 6:48am

Jimmy G converted some big 3rd downs.

A decent snap by the Cardinals and the Patriots lose but Garropolo was pretty good.

Playing without Gronk at Arizona on his first career start, I reckon he'd have got the plaudits regardless of if that kick was good or not.

RG3 now on IR, poor kid can't catch a break!

Thoughts on today's games? I reckon the Skins can get up whule the Rams will be to good as well...
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 8:00am
RG3 didn't play well yesterday but Cleveland are a terrible, terrible team with a bad line.  He was a punching bag for the second half.  Furthermore, they have no ground game to support the pass so without the deep ball, they have nothing.  Plus, that Philly DEF is good.  I'm not saying RG3 is good, he's not, but it's not entirely his fault.

I hope the Redskins can win but it's the ultimate unknown.  A bit like following Richmond in the AFL.  I'm hoping the improved secondary can have a flow on effect to the pass rush.

Is Cousins actually any good?  Pittsburgh are down a few starters on DEF so opening night at home is not bad way to start for him.  

Rams should win.  49ers just aren't good at all.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 11:03am
Brown & Ben.  Seriously?  What a throw/catch/call.

Cousins poor start to the game has cost Redskins a lead should be 14-7 or 10-7 at worst. 

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 11:34am
What a frustrating half of football.

Should be level at worst.  The last Steeler touchdown could have gone anywhere but Cousins was off on the first few possessions and when you're playing Pittsburgh, that is not a luxury you can afford.  He hardly saw a snap in the pre-season but has said he wouldn't be rusty.... hmmm.

The Steeler offense started to move the sticks pretty easily.  Ominous.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 1:08pm
Kirk Cousins exemplary record against winning teams continues....

He just threw a pick, off the back foot, on a 3 man rush.  Sick
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 1:32pm
DeAngelo Williams just single-handedly won me two leagues...what a game...

Roth/ Brown are ust scary...

Redskins need to speed up their snaps...like watching a snail cross the road...

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 1:41pm
Speeding up the snap count should not be a priority.  Stopping the run would be a start, as would tidying up offside calls and establishing a running game.

Cousins could also start to throw the ball closer to the sticks on third and long; rather than throwing it well short and asking the receivers to make plays.

Oh well... Steelers will be hard to stop this season but Washington looked terrible.  Just horrific.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 10:08pm

RG3 didn't play well yesterday but Cleveland are a terrible, terrible team with a bad line.  He was a punching bag for the second half.  Furthermore, they have no ground game to support the pass so without the deep ball, they have nothing.  Plus, that Philly DEF is good.  I'm not saying RG3 is good, he's not, but it's not entirely his fault.

I hope the Redskins can win but it's the ultimate unknown.  A bit like following Richmond in the AFL.  I'm hoping the improved secondary can have a flow on effect to the pass rush.

Is Cousins actually any good?  Pittsburgh are down a few starters on DEF so opening night at home is not bad way to start for him.  

Rams should win.  49ers just aren't good at all.

Rams were deplorable, 49ers looked ok. Carlos Hyde is an elite RB that just needs to stay fit, Kerley looks an excellent late pick up, and their D line is still very good.
Seems like LA still don't have an NFL team.....
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 10:09pm
Everyone knows Big Ben is throwing to Antonio and they still cant stop it. Incredible player.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 9:03am
If the Steelers can stay fit on offense I don't know how easily they can be stopped.  I mean it's week 1 but they're so productive.  Even a decent defense should be enough to help them win 10-12 games pretty comfortably.

Antonio Brown was the only first choice skill player available on offense.  They had TE1/WR2/RB1 all missing and they still put up 35-odd points.  

Washington stink so much.  Cousins has bet on himself.  He better start improving.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 5:42pm
very entertaining game today...actually got to watch it as my daughter's TV has ESPN...

Forte is hopefully going to carry me to victory in most of my comps...nice 28 odd points...plus either Marshall (whew, no serious knee injury) or Decker to compliment Forte's total...

Taylor's two bomb TD's were spectacular...

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 8:05pm
Was a cracking game.

The Jets are good.  The Bills secondary was hopeless...  eventually they had to start defending the pass and that helped Forte who struggled early on.  Scoreline flattered the Bills I thought.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 9:13pm
the Jets wasted two good drives...they are a very entertaining team to follow, though...

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 9:17pm
They are.  Their defense is really good, particularly the front 7.

Fitzpatrick tosses it downfield and Marshall & Decker make some plays.  Agreed:  fun to watch.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:33am
Waiting for Znatchys report on Cousins in the 4th quarter today......
(not sure how he missed seeing that defender on the crucial pick)
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:56am
to make it worse, Morris scored the winning TD...telling gesture after scoring...

forced to watch a couple of poor games on free TV today...would have rathered the NYG/ NO game than Patriots/ Miami (Tannehill's mistake rate in the first half was laughable)...now Seattle and the Rams are putting me to sleep when Atlanta/ Oakland or Denver/ Ind would be better viewing....

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 8:58am
Going to lose fantasy due to opponent having Melvin Ingram. Bloody linebacker on 20 points in a half of football!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
  Share Topic