Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2016 at 6:29pm
Harsh on Watto. At least Watto had a couple of brilliant seasons.
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:24am
No surprises first two picks...

The real stuff starts now.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Znatchy Znatchy wrote:

Draft day tomorrow.  I'll have a go at the Top 5:

1.  Rams- Jared Goff QB
2.  Eagles - Carson Wentz QB
3.  San Diego - Joey Bosa DE
4.  Dallas - Deforest Buckner DE
5.  Jacksonville - Myles Jack LB

3 for 3
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 1:08pm
Did the Dolphins get a steal with Tunsil at 13? Myles Jack another sliding down the board... Any chance Lynch goes to the Jets at 20?
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 3:32pm
Apparently the only reason Tunsil dropped was the video of him allegedly smoking drugs.

He's a college student...  Goodness me.  He wouldn't be the first.  Look at Tyran Mathieu and what he stands for now in his community.  I really think they got a steal if he was touted as #1 overall.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 4:43pm
Myles Jack the biggest fall? Cleveland have a night to sleep on it, reckon they grab him?
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 5:26pm
Not sure on Myles Jack but it sounds like the x-rays/scans don't look too good.

One scout said he "could start at Linebacker, Safety or Running Back" such was his athletic ability so unless everybody has gone cold on him for some unknown reason, it must be his knees.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2016 at 8:26pm
How do you rate the Redskins pick mate?

I like the Broncos taking Paxton Lynch, the trade up was worthwhile with Dallas openly admitting they tried to trade up for him...
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I like the Broncos taking Paxton Lynch, the trade up was worthwhile with Dallas openly admitting they tried to trade up for him...

I don't like taking skill players in the first round unless there is a glaring need.  I thought we would go pass rush or DB.  This receiver gives Washington depth at WR behind Jackson, Garcon, Crowder & Grant and perhaps its an eye on the future with Garcon & Jackson commanding big salary cap dollars.  The GM MCLoughan generally drafts based on best available talent, rather than needs so I guess I'm happy to trust him and we picked up players across a range of areas so I'm pretty happy.

I love the Paxton Lynch move as well.  They were always going to draft a QB... defending Superbowl champs can't rely on Mark Sanchez.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:18am

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I don't like taking skill players in the first round unless there is a glaring need.  I thought we would go pass rush or DB.  This receiver gives Washington depth at WR behind Jackson, Garcon, Crowder & Grant and perhaps its an eye on the future with Garcon & Jackson commanding big salary cap dollars.  The GM MCLoughan generally drafts based on best available talent, rather than needs so I guess I'm happy to trust him and we picked up players across a range of areas so I'm pretty happy.

I love the Paxton Lynch move as well.  They were always going to draft a QB... defending Superbowl champs can't rely on Mark Sanchez.

They won a superbowl last year without a QB.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:34am
To a degree, yes.  Having said that, Peyton Manning didn't lose his abillity to manage the offense, nor did he lost the ability to read the defense at the line.  There is also the intangibles like the level of confidence Manning brings to a group and the trust they have in him.  I don't think Mark Sanchez brings that level of confidence at all.

Also, the Bronco defense has lost Trevathan and Jackson so they've thinned out a bit. 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 1:33pm
I think you're being a bit harsh on Peyton, while he was well below his best he still had his flashback moments, the opening drive vs New England in the AFC Championship game sticks to my memory for one...
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2016 at 7:38pm
Just about to play the Super Bowl vs Packers (as Denver) on my Madden game 4th season in, Rivers is my starting QB with a kid i drafted and Roethlisberger his back ups on, Ben on a $1mil contract, Aaron Rodgers is injured so they have Colt McCoy starting with Blaine Gabbert and Tony Romo as his back ups... thought all except jj would laugh at this!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 8:23am
P.ss poor from Hayne to retire. This was supposed to be his dream. Needed to stick it out until he was cut.
Leaving for Rugby sevens Olympics is a cop out to me.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 9:25am
May have been tapped on the shoulder or just saw the writing on the wall. At 28 and another benched year, time for a new dream. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2016 at 12:34pm
boy, this combination of RG111 and Terrelle Pryor is producing some pretty results for Cleveland...

2nd huge TD in two hit-outs..

RG111 is looking slim and fit as well...
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 11:44am
seems Redskin discards are having a better time elsewhere...

nice weaving TD for Morris at Dallas...

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 5:40pm
Robert Griffin isn't good. He was treated poorly at Washington but he is fundamentally flawed as a QB. Not saying he will never be good but he's been in the league a while now. He won't be missed.

Pre season football provides no guide whatsoever to regular season football. As for the discards, Alfred Morris wouldn't have stayed as back up anyway and after 4 seasons he was seen as disposable. The coach likes Matt Jones a lot so whilst the Butler was a popular player, he'll share carries with Elliott but won't be the reason Dallas win the division. David Amerson wouldn't play corner ahead of Breeland or Norman anyway.

Of the guys that have gone, not too worried about it. The Redskins have improved in every area this year except for depth at RB - now it's time to find out if Kirk Cousins can play a whole season.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 8:28am
I should also add, if you can't run behind Doug Free, Zack Martin, Tyron smith and Travis Frederick, you really can't play the position. Those guys are the best in the game.
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 3:18pm
So kick off tomorrow.  Denver $2.42 at home against Carolina seems like value, along with the over/under of 41.5 points.  I like the under.  

The Denver defense has lost Jackson/Trevathan but they've got a good secondary and they have Von Miller.  I think I'll tip Carolina but they're rock bottom odds.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 4:55pm
big change for Denver with Siemian instead of Manning...Sanders just signed a huge three year contract but is he really worth it? loved him two years ago at the end of the Manning arm but he'll have to hope the youngster can follow suit...think Sanchez might have been the better option...

the Panthers have something to prove...Cam copped a lot of flak after the SB...can see them getting revenge...

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 5:09pm
Sanchez is terrible.  He even knows he shouldn't have been the starter in Denver.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 1:29pm

Sanchez is terrible.  He even knows he shouldn't have been the starter in Denver.

this kid isn't up to it yet...Sanchez couldn't do worse...

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

this kid isn't up to it yet...Sanchez couldn't do worse...

Seriously?  Sanchez is a hack.  He's laughably bad.  Nobody in the entire league would take Sanchez over this kid to start.

This kid has moved the ball really well and it's his first ever NFL start.  He's thrown two bad balls but those are kinks that can be ironed out.  They're still in the game.  Geez you're harsh.  I'm glad you were never my boss.  Be fired after the first morning!

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 1:52pm
he's improving in the third qtr...some nice air-ball...  

but you can't see Denver in the finals without more authority out back...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 1:53pm
Anderson has been impressive in everything he does...

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:02pm
He had a really solid first half.  He moved the ball well, he just threw two picks and they were rookie mistakes - hardly a reason to say Sanchez would be better and the "kids not up to it..."Confused

He's got them back in the game with a lovely drive.  He looks pretty polished to me.  Not sure if you're watching the game or just the box score.  He's playing really well for the most part.  They're within a score against Carolina...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:05pm
I am watching...and I take it all back...Embarrassed

some really nice work this quarter...

Clap
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:06pm
this half...
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:54pm
Rookie QB gets win against Cam Newton.  Well done lad.

Barring disaster, Mark Sanchez will never play an NFL snap ever again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic