Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Some smartarse plays by New England. Trick play with Brady the receiver, believe it or notWacko, which he drops, followed by going for it on 4 and 5 at the 35 in the second half for no good reason.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 9:59am

Some smartarse plays by New England. Trick play with Brady the receiver, believe it or notWacko, which he drops, followed by going for it on 4 and 5 at the 35 in the second half for no good reason.

Belichick usually throws in a few...Edelman used to be the fake QB but his twin, Amendola, does it just as well...

Philly need a hell of a lot more points to hold them out...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:16am
ha..Philly pull off a Belichick...very clever...but they need three more at least...

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:21am
It's easy beating New England. You wanna know how? Keep scoring when you have the ball and belt Brady when you don't.Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:29am
Does Timberlake have any good songs?Confused Sounds like anodyne earwash so far..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:34am
I think I'll make that Tiaz's iron law of music- when the focus of the show is the dancers, the music is no good.Geek
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 10:45am

Does Timberlake have any good songs?Confused Sounds like anodyne earwash so far..

too true...LOLLOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:05am
"did he have control?"   hell, yes...put your glasses on...

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:11am
What a fantastic game.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:19am
I’m on both teams with a money back if you lead at the end of any qtr but lose the game offer. Need NE to somehow hit the front. Looking doubtful.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

I’m on both teams with a money back if you lead at the end of any qtr but lose the game offer. Need NE to somehow hit the front. Looking doubtful.

is a certainty

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

is a certainty

Need them to hold on win now. When they still trailed at 3/4 time that took away the option of then leading but losing. All good either way. Only a $6 loss if they still end up losing. +$50 if they win. Shame I don’t have access to more than 4 accounts.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:05pm
9/10ths of NFL fans just cheered...I certainly did..

go Philly...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:21pm
wow...hail mary to Gronk...predictable... six defenders needed to nullify...big whew....

so pleased for Foles...genuinely good and underrated QB...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:21pm
Looked like Gronk gave up trying to catch the ball so he could concentrate on his specialty- milking penalties after contact.LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:22pm
feel for Wentz, though...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:34pm
GB fans enjoying Doug Pederson finally getting his day in the sun...was a long stint understudying Favre with only a token ring...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 12:38pm
The Americans should stage an American football world cup, like the soccer world cup or rugby union world cup, but with only one team in it.Wink
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:12pm
Been plenty of bad halftimes, that was the worst.
it was the least evil though, so a tick for that.
Utterly pathetic
Meatloaf and Angry Anderson in the Batmobile would have been better.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 1:16pm
Mike Pereira confirms no controversies in result...

More

I agree with the stands. It was close but the initial ruling dictated. Good for Riveron/Yurk to stay with the standard that it not obvious that the call was wrong. Slight movement of the ball and slight bobble but slight is not enough to overturn.

Control, two feet, on his feet turned upfield, he is then a runner. That is a clear touchdown. Surprised it took so long.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 2:57pm

The Americans should stage an American football world cup, like the soccer world cup or rugby union world cup, but with only one team in it.Wink

They've got 1, held every 4 years last one was in 2015. USA didn't originally enter however have entered in the last 3, to try make it easy they make any professional player ineligible for selection, amateurs only and only select players who have graduated from college in the previous 12 months, they've still won all 3 they've entered they beat Japan 59-12 in the final.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:08pm
Truly marvelous game, tremendous spectacle before during and after even including the usual over-the-top patriotism presentation at the start.

ps Trump went for the Patriots, now claims the Eagles win is "fake news".  Shocked  

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:16pm
If I had know that the Eagles were going to win, instead of the usual Pats squeaking out a win at the death, I would have enjoyed it more.Sick
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 3:44pm
Thought I was watching a College game. Neither defence could make a stop. How is it possible to play a full game without either team having to punt. Would have been 1000/1
Scientist & Global Warming Expert
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 4:20pm
If you could have got 1000/1 you would hav elost your money as there was one punt (y the Eagles) early in the game.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

If you could have got 1000/1 you would hav elost your money as there was one punt (y the Eagles) early in the game.
Yes correct Horlicks - at the 13.16min mark in the first QTR. Typical - went to buy a drink & must have missed it. Still unbelievable though - 1 punt the whole match. Also only 1 sack I think & next to no penalties + a few field goals missed. 74 points scored. Most odd
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 5:47pm
Agree with your sentiments 1 -1
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 6:55pm
Feels a bit like there could be some discontent in Patriot Place in the next couple weeks, Danny Amendola sounds like he wants both more involvement and money, Malcolm Butler not getting 1 snap in the Super Bowl on defense, Gronk dropping a hint that retirement is a possibility for himself and the whole alleged Brady/Belichick/Kraft situation. Sit back and grab the pop corn!
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:08pm
Geez its a terrible  sport. Is it even a sport?
90% of the viewing is watching old blokes chat on the sidelines.
Fair dinkum, you could go get a pie and a beer, come back, and the ball hasnt even moved a yard.
Heck, go back to the car, 20 blocks away, sneak a few cheap drinks in, comeback, havent missed a play.

Hyped up utter garbage.
Chess moves??
If I wanted chess, I would watch, ummm, chess.

And it isnt even football. They run, for 2 seconds, has barely anything to do with a ball, on a ummm, foot??? ball on foot, when????

Then there is the helmets, the padding, to protect themselves, from ummm, what, the old blokes chatting for 2 hours on the sidelines???

Not even a soccer fan, but seriously, bring on the World Cup this year and show REAL football. REAL SKILL, REAL CLASS, and Aussie Rules.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 8:26pm
Don't agree with any of that Redemption. Love American Football
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic