Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2016/2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 12:51pm
 Name the New England Patriots quarterback responsible for this single-season stat line: 4,555 yards passing, 25 touchdown passes, 10 regular-season wins and a playoff berth, plus a trip to the Pro Bowl.

If you’re thinking about a certain mop-topped superstar, guess again.

The answer is Drew Bledsoe. The year was 1994.

What’s been forgotten in this dreamy decade of Brady is that on the field, Bledsoe was the man who made it reasonable for New Englanders to hope for more. This wasn’t 1986’s “pray-for-a-Super-Bowl-miracle-against-the-Bears” hope. This was “hey-they-really-have-a-shot” hope.

So, here’s to the man who paved the way. Those early Bledsoe years were some of the most exciting New England fans had ever seen. They’ve been overshadowed by Brady’s amazing and historic run, but they shouldn’t be overlooked.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 1:19pm
Cheers brudder and jujuno 👍

there is a trotting track right next door to foxboro stadium. they had a meeting on when we were there so we obviously had to go in and have a punt . not much luck though...
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 10:24am
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

there is a trotting track right next door to foxboro stadium. they had a meeting on when we were there so we obviously had to go in and have a punt . not much luck though...

The track opened as Bay State Raceway in 1947.
Foxboro Park Trotting track did not last much longer after you were there in 1995.
It closed in 1997 and Kraft was very quick to buy it and evict the horsemen that had horses there and had a reason to be there.

It was demolished in 2000 when Gillette Stadium was being built.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Brudder_A Brudder_A wrote:

Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

The track opened as Bay State Raceway in 1947.
Foxboro Park Trotting track did not last much longer after you were there in 1995.
It closed in 1997 and Kraft was very quick to buy it and evict the horsemen that had horses there and had a reason to be there.

It was demolished in 2000 when Gillette Stadium was being built.

ahh ok. it was quite a modern, comfortable facility...the track was large. so plenty of space...i can see why they purchased it.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 10:56am
Fellas I think their is a good offer on Sportsbet today. Hunt to rush over 77.5 yards at $1.87. Seems overs to me.
I've only backed one certainty in my life....& it lost !
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Fellas I think their is a good offer on Sportsbet today. Hunt to rush over 77.5 yards at $1.87. Seems overs to me.

it looked doubtful early when he went down...looked like a knee prob...surprisingly he kept going...

Kelce outscoring him won me my last fantasy game...6-6...

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:32am
Why do NFL coaches keep calling pass plays in the final 2 minutes to score which gives the other team oodles of time to score too? It is a dumb move against a good qb and lethal against Rodgers.

I don't know how many times I've seen it and it always riles me.Angry Stupid stupid stupid.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:56am
we are now known as the Green Bay Houdinis...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 11:59am
one of the gutsiet performances, especially after that first quarter call which gave Dallas a first down and a TD..

apart from the absentees, Cobb is playing injured and by rights Adams shouldn't have been on the field...

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:56am
I expect JJ will go quiet in here now that #12 is busted and the Packers season likely sunk.

KC looking good in the AFC and the evil empire is starting to find their feet. NFC is looking open.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

I expect JJ will go quiet in here now that #12 is busted and the Packers season likely sunk.

KC looking good in the AFC and the evil empire is starting to find their feet. NFC is looking open.

if I go quiet it isn't because of the A-Rod...and Jordy/ Davante now becoming fantasy ghosts...

I am not that shallow...I love NFL, all of it (except Brady)...was at Star sports bar at 4am this morning watching the games on the big screen...

I find it hard to bother generally with this site due to a certain individual who is allowed to continually pollute threads with his banality...

when he shuffles off this mortal coil I might return...Dead

I'm quite sure no-one really misses me...Beer

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 7:09am
Osweiller is as vacant as a block of land...

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:36am
Making his first start in place of Siemian at a Philly team that's pacing the NFC and you blame Oswieler for that?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Making his first start in place of Siemian at a Philly team that's pacing the NFC and you blame Oswieler for that?

this is what I hate about this place...I made a humorous comment about Osweiler's demeanor and you take it as a critique of either his or Denver's performance...

a sense of humour might enliven your life, Afros...

he is not a-lert...have fun with that one...

Wacko

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:02pm
Here's another...the "sack-king", Eli Manning, might be in for a sacking.... make of that as you will...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 8:04pm
and Carson Wentz is channeling his inner Rodgers...   I'm sure you agree...!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:15am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

He's light on his feet for a big guy.Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

He's light on his feet for a big guy.Tongue

Oh, no- the mock has struck again- out for the season.Cry

I don't know if that last bit is true- I added it for dramatic effect.Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
  Share Topic